test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

TR got ninja nerfed. Rejoice whiners, they finally caved in.

urdefmadurdefmad Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 145 Bounty Hunter
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
obviously they didn't include it in patchnotes as they're shady like that, but its a confirmed nerf. rogues don't do nearly as much damage now, no more 1 shotting
Post edited by urdefmad on

Comments

• Options
    freemind25freemind25 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 68
    edited May 2013
    Care to elaborate?
  • Options
    urdefmadurdefmad Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 145 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    freemind25 wrote: »
    Care to elaborate?

they nerfed lashing blade which was one of our main skills to the point of uselessness now.

you guys need not fear rogues anymore
  • Options
    pinkiepie17pinkiepie17 Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    urdefmad wrote: »
    obviously they didn't include it in patchnotes as they're shady like that, but its a confirmed nerf. rogues don't do nearly as much damage now, no more 1 shotting

There's proof that happened. Unless there are patch notes saying it, I don't believe it.
    pinkamena_d__pie_signatur_iii_by_grumbeerkopp-d4uncp9.jpg
    Pinkamena Diane Pie - Great Warrior Fighter
    One, two, Pinkie's coming for you, three, four, you better lock your door, five, six, grab your crucifix, seven, eight, gonna stay up late, nine, ten, never party again.
  • Options
    glanniganglannigan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 463 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    You should post on the forums about this immediately.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I JUST noticed his name, he's troll. ignoring.
    One, two, Pinkie's coming for you, three, four, you better lock your door, five, six, grab your crucifix, seven, eight, gonna stay up late, nine, ten, never party again.
  • Options
    hearsticlesicushearsticlesicus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Apparently, Trickster Rogue was ninja nerfed overnight? Is this true? I've got to be mistaken about this, surely.

For those who are wondering what a 'ninja nerf' might be, I mean a change to the class' powers (damage or functionality, damage in this case) that is done without any notification via patch notes or even a token forum announcement.

The reason I am asking for clarification is partially because I respec'd when I got on today to try out a new build which would rely less on Lashing Blade (which is apparently what got the hatchet) and leaves me unable to tell if the change in damage is a result of my new spec or a ninja nerf, and partially out of utter disbelief that this kind of practice would be undertaken by what I've always considered a legitimate developer.

I really hope it isn't true because it would be an extremely nebulous, unscrupulous practice to change the core mechanics of a class which most of the player base's level 60 build is based around without any sort of notification or explanation on what exactly was altered and then, ON TOP OF THAT, make us pay for a respec to adjust with microtransaction fees (i.e. 600 zen or 6 US dollars per respec token).

I know many of you may be happy that TR's got nerfed and honestly, I have no gripe with a damage reduction of Lashing Blade. But before you say, "lol TR got nerfed hurray", consider the fundamental principle at work here: that a developer would nerf your class and then make you pay real money to experiment with new builds to overcome the change.

Say it ain't so, Cryptic. I hope I'm wrong here.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    According to the original AD&D Monster Manual a Troll can only be killed with fire or it will just regenerate.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Interesting...according to your definition of "Ninja Nerf" I have been Ninja Nerfed on my Taxes, My Health Care costs, My Pay, My Car Insurance, My Cable Company, My Cell Phone Provider, My Wife, all 3 of my kids and the Vet I take the dog to.
  • Options
    hearsticlesicushearsticlesicus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    glannigan wrote: »
    Interesting...according to your definition of "Ninja Nerf" I have been Ninja Nerfed on my Taxes, My Health Care costs, My Pay, My Car Insurance, My Cable Company, My Cell Phone Provider, My Wife, all 3 of my kids and the Vet I take the dog to.

Sigh.

/10charlol
  • Options
    thelgowthelgow Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 51
    edited May 2013
    According to the original AD&D Monster Manual a Troll can only be killed with fire or it will just regenerate.
    And acid.
    Hence Wizard's always had that one Melf's Acid Arrow on hand.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I JUST noticed his name, he's troll. ignoring.

Please see the TR board for proof, or, you know, play one at level 60.

I'm not a troll and it's certainly been nerfed. Lashing Blade was critting for 10k+ if properly executed with the Executioner build, now it hits for like 4k crit with 100% crit severity.
  • Options
    stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    My TR still is a beast.....sorry not seeing it.
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    tumblr_ma59k6aWCu1qifkw7o1_500.gif
  • Options
    decivexdecivex Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If he's trolling, then most of the TR's in this game are as he's not the only one saying it. Look at the class forum:

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?222481-I-understand-the-nerf-but-holy-<font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>-come-on
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?223142-Epic-Hokage-ninja-nerf-proof

I haven't been able to log in to verify personally myself as I'm busy weekends, but close friends on TS also reported vastly lower dmg/crit numbers on LB for the TR (almost half).
  • Options
    pops000pops000 Member Posts: 250 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    With 6 buck respecs, I would expect constant tinkering on every class.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    pops000 wrote: »
    With 6 buck respecs, I would expect constant tinkering on every class.

Tinkering or reinventing the wheel?
  • Options
    xaralleixarallei Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If that's true it's just another reason to drop this rather mediocre game. The zen shop is probably reason enough though.
  • Options
    pops000pops000 Member Posts: 250 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Anything it takes. Sorry I am just a cynical business man who tries to pad his invoices too.
  • Options
    boostersauceboostersauce Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Don't even care. Throwing knife spam x 12 though... nerf that **** plox.
  • Options
    xxhumorxxxxhumorxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0
    edited May 2013
    Dunno what some people are talking about, maybe they just suck at playing their classes, I'm still getting what I did with Lashing Strike as I was yesterday, 10-15K crits. (lvl 60 Geared Rogue).

So, must just be a rumor, or people are forgetting that in order to do the most damage, you NEED to use stealth first...
  • Options
    perfectself82perfectself82 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Your name is fitting. You're also full of ****.

edit for clarity: Yes there was a change. No it isn't a big deal. My TR is still fully capable of doing everything he did before. Hopefully this will get some of the ~elitepvp~ locust to swarm to another game and stop ****ting up this one.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Your name is fitting. You're also full of ****.

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?678-The-Thieves-Den

checkm8
  • Options
    wolfzilvawolfzilva Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 167
    edited May 2013
    xxhumorxx wrote: »
    Dunno what some people are talking about, maybe they just suck at playing their classes, I'm still getting what I did with Lashing Strike as I was yesterday, 10-15K crits. (lvl 60 Geared Rogue).

So, must just be a rumor, or people are forgetting that in order to do the most damage, you NEED to use stealth first...

Honestly i figure its something to do with more people getting the PvP gear so there Damage is dropping and there QQing they can't kill people quickly...
  • Options
    thehadrielthehadriel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    One word: Finally. But I do agree they should have announced something.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    wolfzilva wrote: »
    Honestly i figure its something to do with more people getting the PvP gear so there Damage is dropping and there QQing they can't kill people quickly...

people did tests on pve mobs not just pvp, damage was reduced
  • Options
    perfectself82perfectself82 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Not checkm8. Just another 'oh no the sky is falling' reaction from the ~elitepvp~ types. Nothing new here.
  • Options
    iamphausiamphaus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 188 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013

This is so stupid it actually made my day, thanks.
    Common sense is hard to come by around here it seems..
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Not checkm8. Just another 'oh no the sky is falling' reaction from the ~elitepvp~ types. Nothing new here.

tumblr_mg2hdn5gY21rbx1d4o1_500.gif
    Yes it seems
  • Options
    chintaechintae Member Posts: 110 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Please see the TR board for proof, or, you know, play one at level 60.

I'm not a troll and it's certainly been nerfed. Lashing Blade was critting for 10k+ if properly executed with the Executioner build, now it hits for like 4k crit with 100% crit severity.

I am level 30 TR and I hit for 3k. No way you only hit for 4k. Either that, you are grossly under-exagerating.

But yeah, TR rogues recieved a huge punchin the nethers. I logged in after the 'patch' and was dismayed that I couldn't facemelt as quickly.

Unlike others, I did incredibly believe that the damage reduction was needed.