test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Poll - How many lockboxes did you open before ...

Comments

• Options
    apocse7enapocse7en Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    One night I just thought, "f*** it! I'm getting a mount tonight!" I hit about 80 with no mounting success. Though it felt like a night in Vegas getting my a** kicked at the time, It was all in good fun screaming with my friends.
    "1 time! Baby! 1 time!"

I've since swore lock-boxes off for good... However it wasn't a COMPLETE loss; I did acquire 4 birds which i sold for a pretty penny on AH and then just bought a mount with the bird money. and I also received 2 heroes from leadership boxes.
  • Options
    vaultfairyvaultfairy Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've opened at least 20 and no mount or companion. :(
  • Options
    sp4rk75sp4rk75 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Opened 22 got Heavy inferno the Fire Bird and about 160,000 AD from the idols. I have 1 idol left which I'm saving for Friday as I'm not sure if it qualifies for the double AD promo?? Not sure what to do with the mount and bird yet, use or sell, is the bird any good?
  • Options
    sirkimjongsirkimjong Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 97
    edited May 2013
    I didn't get anything usefull after 27 lockboxes now :p
  • Options
    lordtureilimlordtureilim Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 63
    edited May 2013
    sp4rk75 wrote: »
    Opened 22 got Heavy inferno the Fire Bird and about 160,000 AD from the idols. I have 1 idol left which I'm saving for Friday as I'm not sure if it qualifies for the double AD promo?? Not sure what to do with the mount and bird yet, use or sell, is the bird any good?

The double diamonds only counts for ROUGH diamond intake. Not "prepared" diamonds.
    "The difference between gods and daemons largely depends upon where one is standing at the time. "
    What better happen when Paladins are introduced someday...A glorious union it shall be.
  • Options
    jourmandirjourmandir Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lsya wrote: »
    The keys are 125Z each or 1125Z for a 10-pack. Which does come out to a little over a dollar each.

But...you can also trade AD for Zen in the game. So if someone's patient enough, he could get keys without spending real money.

What I do for F2P games that I like is that I budget myself the amount that I'd normally pay for a subscription each month. That way it costs me no more than a sub based game would cost if I want something from the cash shop.

Lmfao.

LMFAO

"What I normally do is Budget myself." -- Hero of the North Owner.

Back to your bridge.
  • Options
    dragon47dragon47 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    11 boxes for the mount. Another 4 or so boxes, I got a purple ring.
  • Options
    terradraconisterradraconis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    30 or so maybe 29 since I have a key left at the moment. Anyway I haven't seen a mount or a companion. I figure when I open the next one I'm going to find a phoera. Since I went ahead and bought a Phoera from the Auction House for 271K AD. :: oh well ::

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edge1986edge1986 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 647 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    None, and never will.
  • Options
    chazzakchazzak Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Not a single one. Thank god I can now vendor them.
  • Options
    natejam101natejam101 Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    How many lockboxes did you open before you got lucky and the Heavy Inferno Nightmare mount dropped?

- I am curious how many most folks have burned through and how many were just plain lucky.
    - I personally did not plan on spending any $ for Zen to do so, but did on a whim to get it out of my system.

Maybe I was lucky, my 5th box dropped it.

Interested to here your experience, please just mention the number of boxes you had to open , or if you did not recieve it yet, how many boxes you have opened and still had no luck.

thanks!

Well thankfully I do not spend real world money on a video game gambling scam, so I could not tell you. If you open PWE lockboxes, well...im sorry. And I could care less if you have the extra money to spend, its still stupid.
    ASUS P8Z68 V-Pro Gen3 mobo, Intel i7 2600k, 32gb DDR3 G-Skill Ripjaws, 500gb SSD, 2TB HDD, Geforce GTX 690 x2 Sli, 1200 watt Thermaltake modular PS, Thermaltake gaming tower.
  • Options
    draggonwolfsdraggonwolfs Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have opened about 40 boxes and no luck so far. I did get about 7 idols, rare enchants, 2 heroes. One thing I do not get though is how are people getting so many lockboxes? I am level 26 and so far came across like 6-7 boxes while other people are saying that they have like 100+.
  • Options
    txhawktxhawk Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Does anyone have a picture of the Heavy Inferno Nightmare mount??

It's the same as the one standing on the mount vendor podium in Protector's Enclave. (The one you can buy for far less than some of these folks have spent on keys.)
    Waiting for paladins...
  • Options
    reserton87reserton87 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You people do realise you can buy the Nightmare Horse from the auction for around 2700 Zen worth of AD, why open as much as 90 boxes, stupidity.

At this point the 3000-4000 zen mounts are more valuable then the nightmare.
  • Options
    stratrat1956stratrat1956 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 54
    edited May 2013
    I opened one and got some Trade Bars and an idol worth 40k AD. After the useless Black Lion chests in GW2 I didn't think these would contain anything useful, but I went ahead and spent the zen to open a bunch of my lockboxes
    What? Me worry?
  • Options
    nomad1506nomad1506 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 34
    edited May 2013
  • Options
    terradraconisterradraconis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm up around 40 or so now. No mount but 3 boxes after buying a Phoera off of the Auction House I got one in a box. Heh.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    lejdglejdg Member Posts: 79
    edited May 2013
    i opened about 50.. got a firebird and several smaller items.. was really not worth it. i should have gotten a mount for the 4000 zen instead. the birsd aint that great imo
  • Options
    jedizalmjedizalm Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This poll...doesnt actually have a poll.
  • Options
    ednogronednogron Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    125 zen x 40 and no dice. Gave up after that. Will be getting the Guardian pack in the near future instead. The heck with those dang boxes.
    Guild - Ruinous -- Server - Mindflayer
    AMD FX8350, 16gb DDR 3, MSI GTX 460 Hawk Talon Attack
  • Options
    vetalkozvetalkoz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Spent about 60 keys, no luck so far :(
  • Options
    steppenkatsteppenkat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    A friend just bought a key with AD, first box, BAM PHOERA. I hate him.
    Characters:
    - Titania Silverblade, the Iron Rose of Myth Drannor (Lvl 60 GWF, Destroyer)
    - Gwyneth, the Cowardly Cat Burglar Drowling (Lvl 60 TR, Saboteur)
    - Lady Rowanne Firehair, Heartwarder of Sune (Lvl 33 DC)
    - Satella, Sensate (LvL 44 CW, Renegade, Non-Active)

Check Steppenkat's Foundry Quest Reviews!
  • Options
    teldarateldara Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If you are opening more than 30 boxes for a mount.. You might have to reevaluate your life.

Just buy a 30-40 mount...
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    teldara wrote: »
    If you are opening more than 30 boxes for a mount.. You might have to reevaluate your life.

No I've just had that many boxes pass through my hands.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    lejdglejdg Member Posts: 79
    edited May 2013
    alright.. i opened around 220 or so.. and i finally got it. i also got a bunch of phoeras and some nice runes. i sold pretty much everything i got out of the boxes in the auction house to buy new boxes. worked well. if you are a little lucky u get wards and what not which is worth a lot. this took some time and dedication. if u really just want the steed and you are willing to pay some real money for it u can always buy zen and trade them for AD - the infernos in the auction house go for like 1mil.. so, in real terms, its the cheapest tier 3 mount at the moment. the upside of buying tons of keys and reselling the stuff in it is the silver bars which you can trade in for pretty sweet stuff. but it only makes sense from 1000+ bars which translates into about 100+ boxes :D
  • Options
    harming18harming18 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 74
    edited May 2013
    Yea ive opened 50-60 with no mount or companions.
  • Options
    jacopinenjacopinen Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    iv'e found one but i have no zen to open and i dont want to spend my euros (yeah euros because im italian lol)
  • Options
    hkiewahkiewa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 379 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    teldara wrote: »

Who are you to judge?
  • Options
    lyokiralyokira Member Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I recall someone getting inferno twice in a row. Myself, 10 boxes, no mount or companion.
  • Options
    lhyeuzelhyeuze Member Posts: 71
    edited May 2013
    hkiewa wrote: »
    Who are you to judge?

Someone intelligent I think, and I agree with him, lawl.