test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Poll - How many lockboxes did you open before ...

Comments

• abombination247abombination247 Member Posts: 1,279 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I got my heavy inferno yesterday. I would have to say somewhere around 65 boxes. At least I got a mount from all the Tarmulune bars as well. lol
  • kwequakwequa Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I opened 10 and quit. I got a blue leadership guy tho.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • radiick507radiick507 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I have opened about 60 and no Nightmare Mount or Horse or Companion. 2 Blue Weapons and 6 or 7 Idols though and the rest just enhancement and Professions assets.
  • thorizdenthorizden Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    lsya wrote: »

What I do for F2P games that I like is that I budget myself the amount that I'd normally pay for a subscription each month. That way it costs me no more than a sub based game would cost if I want something from the cash shop.

This ^^ though my spending is concentrated at the beginning of the game rather than spread across the entire time I play.
  • neyph69neyph69 Banned Users Posts: 150 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    opened about 215 boxes. 3 birds no mount...worst luck ever right?
  • jappethebreadjappethebread Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    kashimaa1 wrote: »
    Wow seems like crytpic hit the nail with this ugly nightmare thing. obviously its more like a wet dream for all the kids out there.

you all are sick. spending money on a gamble for a mount in an instanced world where you need no mount at all. on top of that it looks like a childs toy. a flaming black horse ... how pathetic. just shows how young gamers are these days. grow up, stop feeding pay2win companys for nonsene items. you ruin the whole gaming industry for mature gamers by supporting this obvious scam.

so you paid 200 key until you get your fire farting horse. then what? idling around in the enclave showing off the nightmare horseNo. 1209381029380123? how special ...

You do realize the game is free to play. No income for the developers and even you, kashimaa, can play the game for free. Do you think they spent hundreds (possibly thousands combined) of hours making the game for you. Then you complain about gamers who support a FREE game. It's like donating to support a software.

I don't think you realize how much skill and effort it takes to make such a game like Neverwinter. I myself have spent about 100€ on this game and I don't see the problem for people like you to complain about it. Seriously wtf? How the F is it your business if other people support a game they like? And you enjoy it for free.

The game wouldn't be there if it weren't for us who buy in-game stuff with real money. You know there's REAL people making this game, they do it for living. Where do you think they would get their paycheck if not for virtual cash like zen?

I don't think people like you even deserve to play this game for free.

Everyone who likes the game, which is FREE to play, and are working and getting regular paycheck, can afford donating $25-50 in a month for the developers. If you get for example $1,000/month (I don't know what's the average salary in USA so this is a low example) it still leaves you $975 to spend on your life.

Seriously why complain about the fact that some people support a FREE game to keep it FREE unlike people like you? Just keep it to yourself next time.
  • banecrushrbanecrushr Member Posts: 129 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Must be luck of the draw, i've opened at least 50 maybe even 60 and only gotten 2 fire birds... BFD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Sir, were now surrounded"!
    Thats great news son, now we can attack from ALL sides"!
  • tarpsbootytarpsbooty Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I've opened over 350... maybe 400... I got 3 booty birds, tons of depressing crates, no horse, the best thing I got was 1 radiant rank 7...
  • jappethebreadjappethebread Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    tarpsbooty wrote: »
    I've opened over 350... maybe 400... I got 3 booty birds, tons of depressing crates, no horse, the best thing I got was 1 radiant rank 7...

Didn't know you can get rank 7 enchantments from lockbox. My best has been rank 5 :( I don't know what it is but after I posted my above message about supporting the developers, I opened the first 4 boxes with my second character and boom! Heavy Inferno Nightmare from 4th box.
  • onehappygnadeonehappygnade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I lost count. Some I purchased, some I didn't.
  • datemperdatemper Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 210 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Roughly 250,give or take 10 -20.

So I guess the numbers/chance stated somewhere in this thread or elsewhere are pretty much good to go by.
  • bitz06bitz06 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    first mount was on box #13 i did not get anymore for a long time, then got 2 more somewhere in the 200-300 range
    Bitz Maidenhell - GM TSYM

TSYM Website

Dragon Server
  • pinkfontpinkfont Member Posts: 563 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I've opened zero.

I won't be tricked.
    A rich rogue nowadays is fit company for any gentleman; and the world, my dear, hath not such a contempt for roguery as you imagine. - John HAMSTER
  • unifyingforceunifyingforce Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    ive opened 10boxes, and have sold the countless 1000others for the 8 copper there worth...
  • urizendorurizendor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 45
    edited June 2013
    I've opened 2 today for a total of about 15, for now no mount or companion. Planning on opening 10 in a row this friday, lets see if i get lucky. :p
  • enhcrenhcr Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I opened 15-20,got nothing worth mentioning and then spent 600k ad on ah for horse.
  • kittykaboomboomkittykaboomboom Member Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    too many and no mounts or companions but I'm doing well on gift boxes from them and idols
  • caverndragoncaverndragon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Lost count on how many boxes, gave up and got the mount at the AH, Have 3mil in AD 2mil from HoN pack and 600k other pack.
    If it moves, KILL IT!
  • nephtnepht Member Posts: 5,826 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    23 boxes before I got one.
  • gerritxgerritx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I bought 20 keys. I got Phoera and I think 240k AD, and a Man-at-arms. I would like some more tourmaline bars to buy something from that vendor but I think I'll pass on the lockboxes from now on.

I already have a fast horse mount for each character so I'm not worried about the fiery horse. I really love the Heavy Howler but $40 for a mount that only one character can use is a bit out there.
  • hurk97hurk97 Member Posts: 154 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    24 and no mount, phoera or anything worthwhile.
  • mfatalmfatal Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    My second had the mount...and third one had that flaming companion thing. Does anyone know how to check you still have your soul? Might have sold it and forgot about it with this luck.
  • crfrankcrfrank Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    wesgar wrote: »
    bah, I wish people would take this serious. A) there is no way you spent that much cash. B) you'd have drawn several mounts before hitting that #.

"Over 9000" is an internet meme (look it up) - he wasn't being serious :rolleyes:
  • mardeab83mardeab83 Member Posts: 71
    edited July 2013
    12 for my first warlock mount, about 25 for the second
  • rathelasrathelas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    19 boxes for me, 1 phoera, a lot of jeweled idols and a couple of blue workers and some level 7 enchants
  • cesmode8cesmode8 Member Posts: 384 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    I actually like the lockboxes in neverwinter, compared to the lockboxes in GW2. When you buy a key and open, you actually get useful things here. Im not actively looking for that mount, but Ive gotten a few good things, and a nice sum of AD.
  • silveralucardsilveralucard Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 410 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    20 and no good item only a lesser indomitable rune
    Everything works out in the end . If it hasn't worked out yet, it isn't the end...
  • degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Okay, peeps, here's a hint.

1. Go here and learn how to get free Zen. Not all of them work, so be mindful and patient.

2. Get to 3000-4000 Zen.

3. Go buy yourself the Stormrider Horse (3k Zen I think). And guess what? Every character you have gets it! That's right, every character on your account. I currently have five characters, all with 110% speed mounts, and I haven't dropped a dime on this game. Right now that averages 600 Zen per mount per character (about the price of five keys).

Smarter, not harder.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!
  • moerevolvermoerevolver Member Posts: 128 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Okay, peeps, here's a hint.

1. Get a part time job

2. Spend $500 on Zen to AD conversion

3. Buy anything you want

Smarter, not harder.

Fixed. /10char
  • furion192furion192 Member Posts: 187 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    WOW srsly? how u guys can be EXTREMELY LUCKY? so far I have opened around 40 only got the companion and a dragon egg. I've never used zen just relying on my luck to become rich T_T
    SIGNATURE