test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Trading Reviews/Feedback

Comments

• yxer13yxer13 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    How can I find one of this quest on game to try them?

Ok I answer to myself. You can search for short-code. I was trying to do it by name and it didnt work
  • duskdweller78duskdweller78 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    skratchx wrote: »
    @duskdweller78 where will they respawn if they don't have the point? The original spawn point? Didn't even think about that mechanic.

Should start where you placed the the map spawn point.
    Campaign:Different Seasons
    Author: @BardicKnowledge
    Q1: Prologue - The Lady and the Worm NW-DPQPJSVTH
    Tags: #Challenge, #Story, #Solo, #Group
  • eulerdmoogleeulerdmoogle Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thank you for the feedback, I'm fixing the bugs as we speak. Just one thing, which Metalsmith's Courtyard had the blue skies, the first or the second. The first shouldn't have any thunder and the second has a dark sunset. And yes, they are separate maps.

As for the end of quest, the first person who told me this I thought it was just a random bug, but now that it's happened twice, plus once to me one someone else's mission, I've moved the chest to the final map and re-written the final dialogue to reflect this. I hope this solves this very annoying bug. Again, thanks for the feedback.

Oh, my global name is @cphonx. =(^_^)=
    Try my missions:
    A Small Dwarvish Grudge: NW-DUI8A8I7R
    The Brink of Disaster: NW-DFDJKW9QF (Still in beta)

thorlief_banner_1.png
  • kyriduskyridus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Great idea. I'll have a run through yours this evening.

'Cullwood Outpost' NW-DC4BNASDA
    Author: @Kyregul

As mentioned, I tried to keep the amount of required reading very light, yet still convey a story arc.

As such, however, that means unless you do pay attention to intro/npc/objective text, it may not make much sense.

Thanks, and I'm Ok with harsh critique, I'd like to tune it to be the best it can be, so don't hold back :)
  • crimeapplecrimeapple Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'll try your quest soon. Mine is in the signature. Hope you enjoy it.

Here it is:
    A bit short, but packed with good level design and combat. Maybe you can make the encounters harder to make it more challenging.
    Enemy designs are good and look cool. All the design have an unique fell to it.
    The lighting at the first map is a bit strong, though, making it hard to see stuff.
    Please try out my quest! I'll be grateful if you leave a review!
    Quest Tread
    "Flesh Forge Prelude: The Death of A Nasher" NW-DOVTSEIKQ
  • incendiarywaveincendiarywave Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'll give yours a go now. My quest is in my signature, look forward to feedback :)

- Fun adventure, but seemed a bit short.
    - Really liked the setting.
    - Bloom lighting seemed a bit extreme and I was struggling to see in some parts.
    - Personally, I thought the section with the floating city could have done with some floating island or rocks or something for the city to rest on, as I didn't find it very believable.
    - In the section with the two rock bosses, I fell off and died as I was wheeling round the back of them. Was this intended? I found it quite hard to see the edge of the rock under the water, but I would understand if it was intentional.
    The Storm Family Tale: Of Kobolds and a Woman
    NW-DGXUGRSN6
  • dzogendzogen Member Posts: 550 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hey mate, good core for a quest. I'd tone down some of the atmospherics and wrap a little more plot/ backstory around it and I think you're' good to go. Dudes in the last fight looked quite intimidating :)
    Dzogen, Moonstar Agent
    Bill's Tavern | The 27th Level | Secret Agent 34
  • skratchxskratchx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 48
    edited May 2013
    @snowballo You can change the interact text on the sewer grate through the "Map Transition" step in the Story line. Ill be sure to give yours another look after I make it through everyone else's.

@cphonx The first map of the courtyard was what I was referring to.

@crimeapple Working on putting in another encounter, that will be heavily combat based, and should put it over the 15 minute mark. I'll also work on putting some environmental objects by the first boss area to absorb some of the light.

@incendiarywave Im actually working on adding another encounter, that should get it above the 15 minute mark. On the bloom lighting, I tried moving objects to absorb lighting when an objective was needed, can you let me know where you were having trouble seeing, so I can fix that :)
    Also I'm gonna look into adding a floating rock foundation for the 2nd boss area, and at putting more rocks so that the issue on the last bosses doesn't occur.
    Quest Thread
    Trials of Atlantis
    NW-DQLT4ER2H
    • 10 Minutes
    • Standard Difficulty
    • Intended for solo play
    • High detail maps
  • incendiarywaveincendiarywave Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Good to know you're working on feedback! The part i was having most difficulty with with the bloom was the bit where you are standing on the rocks after the first fight, looking for the portal.
    NW-DGXUGRSN6
  • gavell1gavell1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thanks for the review Skratchx.
    I did not even think about placing the mobs around more.
    I will work on some of your suggestions and spelling errors!

I will be working on reviewing your quests tonight.
    Wayward Ruins: NW-DMBDJAWAV
    Author: @Gavell1
    Solo or 2 players Preferred
    19 Minutes Average
    Outdoor~Combat
  • havoclhavocl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 63
    edited May 2013
    My two quests (campaign NWS-DB3HIQPRH):
    "It started with a burglary"

"Then it became friendly"

by Havoc988

Will gladly take any critique.
    Conflict between sworn enemies (NWS-DB3HIQPRH) by Havoc988 :
    It started with a burglary
    Then it got friendly
    But it ended badly
  • skratchxskratchx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 48
    edited May 2013
    @crimeapple and @incendiarywave :

The latest patch is currently publishing, addresses both of your guys feedback/issues, if you get a chance to check it out again, please do and let me know what you think :)

You can check out the Patch Notes Here.

Thanks,

Skratch
    Quest Thread
    Trials of Atlantis
    NW-DQLT4ER2H
    • 10 Minutes
    • Standard Difficulty
    • Intended for solo play
    • High detail maps
    edited May 2013
    Ok @Kyregul here ya go

Here are some suggestions and things I found in your quest that you might want to fix/change:
    • Guard encounter Bears/Wolf --- Consider using a different entity for this. Guard encounters don't work well with animals, just because the animals don't actually ever show attack animations.
    • Costume design --- Kedj D'Rodo's arm length isnt proportionate to his legs, doesn't look right
    • Zone design --- Consider lighting up the Caverns better in certain spots (ex. first room you spawn into)
    • Zone design --- Respawn point in the caverns is underground, needs to be raised by about 3ish feet.
    • Encounter design --- Consider changing Kedj D'Rodo's encounter type, him summoning undead doesnt really fit in the story. Look at the Rebel version of the same encounter type.
    • Encounter design --- Final boss fight, seems too easy. Add more monsters/ up the difficulty, because with the Guard encounter mobs that come to help you, he dies way too fast.

I enjoyed the idea of the quest, as well as the design of the outdoor areas.

Hope that helps some,
    Skratch
    Quest Thread
    Trials of Atlantis
    NW-DQLT4ER2H
    • 10 Minutes
    • Standard Difficulty
    • Intended for solo play
    • High detail maps
    edited May 2013
    Ok @crimeapple here it is

Here are some suggestions and things I found in your quest that you might want to fix/change:
    • Dialogue with Frinko --- Consider starting with a generic "Hey got a second" or something, instead of just jumping right into the meat and potatoes of the dialogue.
    • Dialogue with Frinko --- Typo "sergent" should be "sergeant"
    • Dialogue with Frinko --- "I have to report to the sergent about this strange case, so can you help me to check out the situation?" consider rephrasing as "I have to report this to the sergeant, mind helping me check out the situation?".
    • Dialogue with Frinko --- Grammar issue, quest option "A Nasher?" to fit in with the following text, consider changing to "Seriously,a Nasher asked YOU for help?"
    • Dialogue with Frinko --- "When he came to me, he's bleeding so bad I thought he's gonna drop dead in front of me" needs to be changed to "When he came to me he was bleeding so badly I thought he was gonna drop dead in front of me!"
    • Dialogue with Frinko --- "Must be fighting some really nasty begger, huh." should be changed to "Must have been fighting some really nasty beggar".
    • Dialogue with Frinko --- Typo "begger" should be "beggar" (Occurs in other dialogues as well).
    • Dialogue with Frinko --- Grammar issue, "I'll be extra vigilant" should be "I would be extra vigilant" or "I'd be extra vigilant".
    • Dialogue with Wounded Nasher --- "Anyway, beware.." should be changed to "Anyways, beware..".
    • Dialogue with Wounded Nasher --- "Turn out.." should be changed to "Turns out..".
    • Dialogue with Wounded Nasher --- "One of Toby's man returned to call for help.." should be changed to "One of Toby's men left to get help..".
    • Dialogue with Wounded Nasher --- "losing it bad." should be changed to "losing it badly.".
    • Dialogue with Wounded Nasher --- Typo "Tody's from Beggars Den" should be changed to "Toby's from Beggars Den".
    • Dialogue with Wounded Nasher --- "He is-maybe it's "was" now isn't it-a well-liked man" should be rephrased to something like "He used to be a well-liked man"
    • Dialogue with Wounded Nasher --- "Not a planner, though" should be "He's not a planner though".
    • Dialogue with Wounded Nasher --- "Some killed by the traps, some killed by the crazies." should be "Some were killed by the traps, others by the crazies."

Overall, the quest is a solid, standard dungeon killing quest. Hopefully the language stuff helps :)

Skratch
    Quest Thread
    Trials of Atlantis
    NW-DQLT4ER2H
    • 10 Minutes
    • Standard Difficulty
    • Intended for solo play
    • High detail maps
  • forien69forien69 Member Posts: 144 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    If you would, both my quests in sig (as a campaign).

I will appreciate every feedback, especially concerning dialogues (I'm not native English speaker, so there are mistakes for sure).
    There will be third quest, but I have so big expectations for it that I will do it many days.

These two are my first attempts to Foundry or any UGC ever.
  • snowballosnowballo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thanks for the tip skratch.
    Added the proper text now.

Reworked even more things, am actually pretty pleased with the looks.
    Added indicators for which statue is activated.
    Cropped a lot of text to be even more to the point.
    Removed a lot of the unnecessary teleports and non fitting map elements.

Still can't get my Astral Guide to bug out like you did.
    Would appreciate if you could try doing the same thing as before that got her bugged and see if it still bugs.

Will be waiting for your map to reach that daily 15 minute mark am interested to see what you'r going to do for it
    Snow's Melee Arena: NW-DMT7STJ9E
    Combat arena. Adjustable challenge.
    Difficulty: Adjustable easy - very hard
    Duration: Adjustable 1 - 25min
    edited May 2013
    Ok @incendiarywave here ya go!

• 1st Dialog with Ashleigh --- "I heard word", "received word" makes more sense here.
    • 2nd Dialog with Ashleigh --- "Well met", using well met worked for the first dialogue with her, however it is used as a "nice to meet you" so it doesn't really work here"
    • Ashleigh behavior --- Consider making her a guard encounter when running through the cave, so she helps with combat instead of just cowering. (Makes sense with her having killed all the kobolds at the start)
    • End of quest --- Not quite sure why the kobolds were an excuse to get someone to go to her mothers grave with her, didnt feel like that was explained well.

Other than that, it was an interesting quest. Found myself wondering what was going on with Ashleigh so good job creating suspense there.

Hope this helped,
    Skratch
    Quest Thread
    Trials of Atlantis
    NW-DQLT4ER2H
    • 10 Minutes
    • Standard Difficulty
    • Intended for solo play
    • High detail maps
  • kyriduskyridus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ok @Kyregul here ya go

• Guard encounter Bears/Wolf --- Consider using a different entity for this. Guard encounters don't work well with animals, just because the animals don't actually ever show attack animations.
    • Costume design --- Kedj D'Rodo's arm length isnt proportionate to his legs, doesn't look right
    • Zone design --- Consider lighting up the Caverns better in certain spots (ex. first room you spawn into)
    • Zone design --- Respawn point in the caverns is underground, needs to be raised by about 3ish feet.
    • Encounter design --- Consider changing Kedj D'Rodo's encounter type, him summoning undead doesnt really fit in the story. Look at the Rebel version of the same encounter type.
    • Encounter design --- Final boss fight, seems too easy. Add more monsters/ up the difficulty, because with the Guard encounter mobs that come to help you, he dies way too fast.

I enjoyed the idea of the quest, as well as the design of the outdoor areas.

Hope that helps some,
    Skratch

Thanks. Some of those issues have been seen to in my newest publish.

As for the rest, some questions someone may be able to help with:

Point 1: Is there another option for friendly bear combatants aside from the guard encounter? The lack of animations really bothered me but I couldn't find an alternative. I'd love to find out I overlooked something in this department.

Point 2: I think I agree. He could use another pass. I'd like to retain a gangly book work look for him, but adjusting his arm/leg ratios shouldn't hurt. Also, awesome tip regarding his encounter type - in initial testing he never summoned his zombies, that was a surprise. My wife pretty much said the same as you and 3 publishes in a row I forgot to alter it - duh =/. Thanks :)

Point 3: Cavern lighting - it was initially lit with more ambient light/light seeping in from above, but I decided to try and up the fright potential by going darker to punctuate the sudden ambushes. However, as none of the sound cues work at the moment, that angle falls flat, so going for cool lighting might be better.

Point 4: Respawn is moved /fixed in new publish.

Final boss fight: (spoilers) Right, this I had trouble with due to the fact that I wanted to highlight the friends you made coming to assist you. I initially had him with a few more tough lackeys, but the 'Friend' NPCs died repeatedly. I set them to 'fight to submission' and they turn aggro on the PCs?

Maybe I'm doing something wrong in foundry, but it seems whenever I alter 'guard' encounters to anything aside from default, they become aggro? Another fix could be to just respawn new copies of them /despawn the old ones when the boss dies, but that feels a bit clumsy.

Anyway, awesome feedback and I really appreciate and pretty much agree with all points. I wasn't able to log in tonight unfortunately, but my wife and I have a list of three to play through tomorrow and yours is 1st on it. She's actually very good with constructive critiques so between the 2 of us we should be able to provide you with something useful :)

Thanks again.
  • avaedanavaedan Member Posts: 37
    edited May 2013
    Lets trade reviews and feedbacks! My quest is:

NW-DI68FUJKQ

I'll review yours here shortly. =)
    edited May 2013
    @kyridus
    1. The only animal friendly encounter I am aware of is the wolf pack encounter, which cannot be made friendly
    2. Glad I could finally motivate you to listen to your wife haha!
    3. What issues are you having with sound queues? Mine all work in my map, as far as i'm aware of. Cool lightning mixed with sounds works tho too!
    4. With the final boss fight, unfortunately the only way I know of making them "not die" is to respawn them.

Glad I could help out, and look forward to your feedback :)

Skratch
    Quest Thread
    Trials of Atlantis
    NW-DQLT4ER2H
    • 10 Minutes
    • Standard Difficulty
    • Intended for solo play
    • High detail maps
    edited May 2013
    I am currently working on adding another Trial to my quest, because I keep getting rated lower stars based on quest length. Soon as I am done, or get bored I will go back to doing more awesome reviews :).

Hope you guys understand,
    Skratch
    Quest Thread
    Trials of Atlantis
    NW-DQLT4ER2H
    • 10 Minutes
    • Standard Difficulty
    • Intended for solo play
    • High detail maps
  • crimeapplecrimeapple Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ok @crimeapple here it is

• Dialogue with Frinko --- Consider starting with a generic "Hey got a second" or something, instead of just jumping right into the meat and potatoes of the dialogue.
    • Dialogue with Frinko --- Typo "sergent" should be "sergeant"
    • Dialogue with Frinko --- "I have to report to the sergent about this strange case, so can you help me to check out the situation?" consider rephrasing as "I have to report this to the sergeant, mind helping me check out the situation?".
    • Dialogue with Frinko --- Grammar issue, quest option "A Nasher?" to fit in with the following text, consider changing to "Seriously,a Nasher asked YOU for help?"
    • Dialogue with Frinko --- "When he came to me, he's bleeding so bad I thought he's gonna drop dead in front of me" needs to be changed to "When he came to me he was bleeding so badly I thought he was gonna drop dead in front of me!"
    • Dialogue with Frinko --- "Must be fighting some really nasty begger, huh." should be changed to "Must have been fighting some really nasty beggar".
    • Dialogue with Frinko --- Typo "begger" should be "beggar" (Occurs in other dialogues as well).
    • Dialogue with Frinko --- Grammar issue, "I'll be extra vigilant" should be "I would be extra vigilant" or "I'd be extra vigilant".
    • Dialogue with Wounded Nasher --- "Anyway, beware.." should be changed to "Anyways, beware..".
    • Dialogue with Wounded Nasher --- "Turn out.." should be changed to "Turns out..".
    • Dialogue with Wounded Nasher --- "One of Toby's man returned to call for help.." should be changed to "One of Toby's men left to get help..".
    • Dialogue with Wounded Nasher --- "losing it bad." should be changed to "losing it badly.".
    • Dialogue with Wounded Nasher --- Typo "Tody's from Beggars Den" should be changed to "Toby's from Beggars Den".
    • Dialogue with Wounded Nasher --- "He is-maybe it's "was" now isn't it-a well-liked man" should be rephrased to something like "He used to be a well-liked man"
    • Dialogue with Wounded Nasher --- "Not a planner, though" should be "He's not a planner though".
    • Dialogue with Wounded Nasher --- "Some killed by the traps, some killed by the crazies." should be "Some were killed by the traps, others by the crazies."

Overall, the quest is a solid, standard dungeon killing quest. Hopefully the language stuff helps :)

Skratch

Thank you for your detailed feedback! It helps me a lot since my grammar is kind of lousy. I'll correct those mistakes soon. Looking forward to your new quest!
    Please try out my quest! I'll be grateful if you leave a review!
    Quest Tread
    "Flesh Forge Prelude: The Death of A Nasher" NW-DOVTSEIKQ
  • atiaxiatiaxi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 36
    edited May 2013
    Hopefully this is still a thing! My quest's been up on the foundry for a few days now but nobody's found it yet. Coming to the forums for more visibility :)

Name: Crumorn the Spiked
    ID: NW-DCDX6KMED
    Author: @atiaxi
    Tags: #Balanced
    Version 1.0
    --
    My foundry campaign "In Thrall to the God of Rage":
    Crumorn the Spiked: NW-DCDX6KMED
    Nerisatis the Cold: NW-DNIEWE95D
  • eulerdmoogleeulerdmoogle Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Finished your mission yesterday. I'm sorry after you gave me such wonderful feedback I really don't have much to say about yours except I wish it was longer. Otherwise, great mission.
    Try my missions:
    A Small Dwarvish Grudge: NW-DUI8A8I7R
    The Brink of Disaster: NW-DFDJKW9QF (Still in beta)

thorlief_banner_1.png
  • gavell1gavell1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    @Skratchx
    Just ran your quest. I loved the environment and story. I know you are adding another trial to make it longer and that was my only suggestion.
    On the Golem Brothers, I think his name was Paug? He just stood there and did not attack me and just stood next to his brother as I was killing him. I killed his brother and ran over to him to attack him and then he engaged me. Not sure if that was just a one time bug.
    Overall very enjoyable, keep them coming:)
    Wayward Ruins: NW-DMBDJAWAV
    Author: @Gavell1
    Solo or 2 players Preferred
    19 Minutes Average
    Outdoor~Combat
    edited May 2013
    V0.4 BETA - 05/09/2013
    • New Trial: Remn the Cruel
    • 2 New maps added for the new trial
    • Reworked the quest line, added more dialog with the Keeper to expand on the story
    • Fixed a placement issue on the Statues at the 2nd Trial

If you guys don't mind trying it again, im sure ill have typo's/bugs with the new maps and all the dialogue I put in... Thanks :)

Skratch
    Quest Thread
    Trials of Atlantis
    NW-DQLT4ER2H
    • 10 Minutes
    • Standard Difficulty
    • Intended for solo play
    • High detail maps
  • fuglnfugln Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 82
    edited May 2013
    Hey guys,
    Just finished my 2nd Foundry quest, hoping to trade some Reviews/Feedback. Gonna be leveling up my GWF so I'll have plenty of time to play other's quests.

Just post your foundry code in here, as well as the name that I should look for on the reviews.

I don't do well with reading blocks of text, so please keep feedback in a summarized/bulleted format, thanks so much guys.

NW-DQLT4ER2H
    Trials of Atlantis
    • 10-15 Minutes
    • Maps created from empty ocean layout
    • Standard Difficulty
    • Intended for solo play
    • Took roughly 15-20 hours to design and create

If you have any questions about anything, feel free to include in your post and I'll respond as soon as possible.

Thanks again everyone,

Skratch

Will test this later today. Would like you to jump in on NW-DC42XFJ5B. <- PS: 3-5man cave. Not intended for solo play.
    Little Red Cap and the Bad Wolf
    ID: NW-DC42XFJ5B
    Author: @Fugln
    Quest
    Tag: #Combat, #story, #GROUP

NWS-DA213JHNY - The Shadows of the Sword Coast
    NW-DE6UU7ZQA - Chapter One - A Fool's Errand.
    Author: @Fugln
    Tag: #Story #Solo #Group #Humor.
    edited May 2013
    Ok @incendiarywave here ya go!
    Thanks for the feedback! I shall change the dialogue. The thing about Ashleigh not fighting is actually explained if you talk to her, but I agree a guard would be good. The issue then is that she could die so I would have to respawn her at various locations, which is equally iffy. Both solutions have their problems really :/ Thank you though, I appreciate your honesty.

Oh also I replayed your map, and the rocks under the floating bit were a lot more believable. Also your reworking of the starting and final areas were great, well done!
    NW-DGXUGRSN6
  • markyx16markyx16 Member Posts: 56
    edited May 2013
    I'm looking for feedback on my solo foundry quest: NW-DC64NKE5B
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Creator of The Thamus Blade campaign
    Chapter 1 - Rescuing Answers: NW-DC64NKE5B
    Chapter 2 - Following the Horde: NW-DHVMWBW9D
    Chapter 3 - Memories: NW-DJHWOYMOY

Creator of The Golden Beard - NW-DCPDAN254
    edited May 2013
    Currently my Quest update has been publishing for over 6 hours, seems to be a bug. Apparently this is a foundry wide issue, but hopefully theyll have it fixed soon.
    Quest Thread
    Trials of Atlantis
    NW-DQLT4ER2H
    • 10 Minutes
    • Standard Difficulty
    • Intended for solo play
    • High detail maps