test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Trading Reviews/Feedback

13»

Comments

• fuglnfugln Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 82
    edited May 2013
    Seems like making a 5m dungeon isnt what people want... Almost impossible to get enough reviews for my quest :/
    Little Red Cap and the Bad Wolf
    ID: NW-DC42XFJ5B
    Author: @Fugln
    Quest
    Tag: #Combat, #story, #GROUP

NWS-DA213JHNY - The Shadows of the Sword Coast
    NW-DE6UU7ZQA - Chapter One - A Fool's Errand.
    Tag: #Story #Solo #Group #Humor.
  • viktormonsamaviktormonsama Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 42
    edited May 2013
    Please check out mine: The Stolen Amulet - NW-DPTEETULF
    Story dungeon experience. Working on part 2 <:
    I'll start working through people's dungeons here, when I have time. ^^
    The Stolen Amulet
    NW-DPTEETULF
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • hercul33thercul33t Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 190 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    fugln wrote: »
    Seems like making a 5m dungeon isnt what people want... Almost impossible to get enough reviews for my quest :/

You have to make a dungeon that you want to play. I laugh when I look at the reviews for my map. It's apparently too long, too short, too easy, too hard, the best quest ever and the worst quest ever.

Just actually play through your map and write down what you like and what you don't like. I have scrap paper next to me with tons of notes I have made. I have written in big letters and circled "DELETE CAVE ROOM!" and I don't even remember why but it must have sucked lol
    Dr. Herc trilogy NWS-DHDPDVTMA
  • nezroy123nezroy123 Member Posts: 165 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    fugln wrote: »

In order to be eligible for the foundry daily, you need an avg duration of at least 15 minutes (plus other criteria.. 20 plays I think?). Combined with the XP/loot nerf, very few people are interested in running content any shorter than that.

Not saying it's good or bad, just letting you know why people probably aren't biting...

EDIT: Oh.. I think by 5m you meant 5-man. Yeah, OK. Just a lot harder to get a group together to review that :)
    Quests: Fate of the Bonnie Kate (NW-DE6K6H63Q)
  • kyriduskyridus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    skratchx wrote: »
    Hey guys,
    Just finished my 2nd Foundry quest, hoping to trade some Reviews/Feedback. Gonna be leveling up my GWF so I'll have plenty of time to play other's quests.

Just post your foundry code in here, as well as the name that I should look for on the reviews.

I don't do well with reading blocks of text, so please keep feedback in a summarized/bulleted format, thanks so much guys.

NW-DQLT4ER2H
    Trials of Atlantis
    • 10-15 Minutes
    • Maps created from empty ocean layout
    • Standard Difficulty
    • Intended for solo play
    • Took roughly 15-20 hours to design and create

If you have any questions about anything, feel free to include in your post and I'll respond as soon as possible.

Thanks again everyone,

Skratch

Heya, I finally had a chance to run through this. Overall it was a clean, cohesive and well put together quest. Theres not much to br critical of. It was fairly straight forward. To expand on my in game review:

- Nice map work, great sense of place and again, very cohesive. The bridge was a nice touch.

- Final encounter was a bit drawn out. I know we're limited with encounters, and ways to make them difficult, but fights you know you can't lose but that still take ages (mainly guardian here), are a bit tedious. I'd almost prefer unpredictable and varied waves of mobs, or just 1 golem.

- Remembered a point about the map: (and this is just being picky), the structures in the distance visible from the first location seem to be just beyond the sweet spot - they're visible, but far enough to be breaking up. Dragging those structures closer, while keeping them fogged to maintain just their silhouettes might fix this.

Also, while you likely want to keep the vast ocean feeling, some things on the horizon to break up the flatness might really help (distant ships, islands etc). As it stands, it's a bit vacant - which would be ok if Cryptics water options weren't inherently flat/devoid of waves.

That's about it.

Really well done over all, nice job.
    'Cullwood Outpost' NW-DC4BNASDA
  • fuglnfugln Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 82
    edited May 2013
    nezroy123 wrote: »
    In order to be eligible for the foundry daily, you need an avg duration of at least 15 minutes (plus other criteria.. 20 plays I think?). Combined with the XP/loot nerf, very few people are interested in running content any shorter than that.

Not saying it's good or bad, just letting you know why people probably aren't biting...

EDIT: Oh.. I think by 5m you meant 5-man. Yeah, OK. Just a lot harder to get a group together to review that :)

Hehe. Yeah. It's a 3-5-man dungeon. And around 22min, not 5. :D
    Quest

edited May 2013
    hercul33t wrote: »
    You have to make a dungeon that you want to play. I laugh when I look at the reviews for my map. It's apparently too long, too short, too easy, too hard, the best quest ever and the worst quest ever.

Just actually play through your map and write down what you like and what you don't like. I have scrap paper next to me with tons of notes I have made. I have written in big letters and circled "DELETE CAVE ROOM!" and I don't even remember why but it must have sucked lol

I know what you mean. The worst part about this is that I got plenty of reviews on the first test-map from the beginning of OB, haha.

I guess I should just give it time. And hope for some of my fellow-foundry-geeks to check it out.
    Quest

• skratchxskratchx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 48
    edited May 2013
    New Version is finally live! Give it a try and let me know what you guys think of the new trial :)
    Quest Thread
    Trials of Atlantis
    NW-DQLT4ER2H
    • 10 Minutes
    • Standard Difficulty
    • Intended for solo play
    • High detail maps