test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Trading Reviews/Feedback

skratchxskratchx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 48
edited May 2013 in The Foundry
Hey guys,
Just finished my 2nd Foundry quest, hoping to trade some Reviews/Feedback. Gonna be leveling up my GWF so I'll have plenty of time to play other's quests.

Just post your foundry code in here, as well as the name that I should look for on the reviews.

I don't do well with reading blocks of text, so please keep feedback in a summarized/bulleted format, thanks so much guys.

NW-DQLT4ER2H
Trials of Atlantis
  • 10-15 Minutes
  • Maps created from empty ocean layout
  • Standard Difficulty
  • Intended for solo play
  • Took roughly 15-20 hours to design and create

If you have any questions about anything, feel free to include in your post and I'll respond as soon as possible.

Thanks again everyone,

Skratch
Quest Thread
Trials of Atlantis
NW-DQLT4ER2H
  • 10 Minutes
  • Standard Difficulty
  • Intended for solo play
  • High detail maps
Post edited by skratchx on

Comments

• duskdweller78duskdweller78 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Check my sign :)
    Campaign:Different Seasons
    Author: @BardicKnowledge
    Q1: Prologue - The Lady and the Worm NW-DPQPJSVTH
    Tags: #Challenge, #Story, #Solo, #Group
  • skratchxskratchx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 48
    edited May 2013
    Starting your quest now, should have some feedback for you in little bit :) Ill pay attention to the dialogue to try and help with the language barrier too :)

Make sure you check out mine!
    Quest Thread
    Trials of Atlantis
    NW-DQLT4ER2H
    • 10 Minutes
    • Standard Difficulty
    • Intended for solo play
    • High detail maps
  • snowballosnowballo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I finished my 1st Foundry earlier but since it doesn't show up outside of my code its hard to get some feedback.
    It is an arena made to adjust the challenge to the players liking. Hope you can check it out.
    I ll be playing yours in about 10-20 min from now, thanks in advance.
    I ll review yours as Snow@snowballo

My code: NW-DMT7STJ9E
    Snow's Melee Arena: NW-DMT7STJ9E
    Combat arena. Adjustable challenge.
    Difficulty: Adjustable easy - very hard
    Duration: Adjustable 1 - 25min
    edited May 2013
    skratchx wrote: »
    Starting your quest now, should have some feedback for you in little bit :) Ill pay attention to the dialogue to try and help with the language barrier too :)

Make sure you check out mine!

Sure, I already got your quest, but I'm fixing a couple of things in my quest before starting the foundry review session :)
  • dzogendzogen Member Posts: 550 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Pls see sig below, thanks.
    Dzogen, Moonstar Agent
    Bill's Tavern | The 27th Level | Secret Agent 34
  • skratchxskratchx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 48
    edited May 2013
    Ok @duskdweller78 here it goes :)

Here are some suggestions and things I found in your quest that you might want to fix/change:
    • Quest "Follow the Eastern Path" --- The 1st group of monsters that appear after the chickens seemed way too difficult to solo as a melee (Even with my cleric companion).
    • Quest "Talk to the Frightened Bartender" --- In the first branch of dialogue, "Calm down you fool...." should be "you'd" instead of "you'll
    • In the Thieves Hideout --- Consider making the girl's encounter a "Submission" encounter, where she kneels after you get her to 10% instead of killing her then respawning as an npc
    • Invisible Wall on "Locate the Burial Chambers" --- In the dialogue with the invisible wall "together" is mispelt
    • The other Questing party (Pendragon) --- Consider making them "Submit" as well, instead of die
    • The final fight --- Consider making it a tad easier, I didn't enable hard mode, but soloing it was still difficult, and wouldve eaten all my potions if I were on a higher level character.

Accidentally exited out of the review window after the quest cause of a skype popup. Ill end up replaying it at another time to give you the review in game tho :)

Overall tho man, great job. Enjoyed the combat, the dialogue was witty and entertaining.
    Hope this helps some,

Skratch
    Quest Thread
    Trials of Atlantis
    NW-DQLT4ER2H
    • 10 Minutes
    • Standard Difficulty
    • Intended for solo play
    • High detail maps
    edited May 2013
    @snowballo Here it is!

Here are some suggestions and things I found in your quest that you might want to fix/change:
    • Quest "Melee friendly combat exp arena!" --- When interacting with the Sewer Grate to teleport it says "Press F to Talk to the Astral Guide to help you on the way. (Seems like it should say "to head to the Arena" or something else
    • Design of the Area --- The area design looks sort of "griddy", everything is lined up (ex. fire fx, graves, rivers,
    • Design of the Area --- All the teleporters see unnecessary and make the area "clunky"
    • Astral Guide --- The Astral guide functions seem to be working "weirdly" (Summon ogre summoned 2, summon allies didn't do anything, and clearing the ogres made them disappear, but they came out of a wall and attacked me after I walked in the arena)

*For some reason I was never asked to review your project in game, not sure if that is a known foundry bug or what

Overall man, the idea is good, but execution seems it could use a bit more TLC and tweaking. Not bad for your first, just put a little bit more time into it :)

Hope that helps somewhat,

Skratch
    Quest Thread
    Trials of Atlantis
    NW-DQLT4ER2H
    • 10 Minutes
    • Standard Difficulty
    • Intended for solo play
    • High detail maps
  • snowballosnowballo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    skratchx I played through your awesome quest, but ended up pressing W just when the review came up thus couldn't rate it.
    I will defenitely play it again to give an in game review.
    But here r the things I found that could be tweaked.

(I played this on a lvl 17 Guardian Fighter)

- Not a bug, but the 1st 3 guards could be made into 6, as 3 easy melee opponents die in like 1-2 seconds.

- When the fire bird spirit appears and gives you 2 options to choose from.
    WhenI choose "I probably should prepare more before I continue" it actually continued the quest and I could not talk to it again.
    Either remove this option of choice or let this option not progress the quest.

- Once again not a bug, but the 2 guards that come before Aethyn are harder than Aethyn.
    While the effects of Aethyn make the fight feel like it should be harder.
    That once could either use minions or be some harder enemy.

- After Aethyn when you have to loot the "Dagger of the Sly" it's actually very hard to get in a position where it is clickable.
    This might be because my Half Elf is rather small, but it would make it easier if it was placed somewhere lower or even more to the edge of the fountain.

All with all, the look and feel of the map is amazing.
    The quest is well written and I really enjoyed playing through it.
    Amazing job there!
    edited May 2013
    Ok @duskdweller78 here it goes :)

• Quest "Follow the Eastern Path" --- The 1st group of monsters that appear after the chickens seemed way too difficult to solo as a melee (Even with my cleric companion).
    • Quest "Talk to the Frightened Bartender" --- In the first branch of dialogue, "Calm down you fool...." should be "you'd" instead of "you'll
    • In the Thieves Hideout --- Consider making the girl's encounter a "Submission" encounter, where she kneels after you get her to 10% instead of killing her then respawning as an npc
    • Invisible Wall on "Locate the Burial Chambers" --- In the dialogue with the invisible wall "together" is mispelt
    • The other Questing party (Pendragon) --- Consider making them "Submit" as well, instead of die
    • The final fight --- Consider making it a tad easier, I didn't enable hard mode, but soloing it was still difficult, and wouldve eaten all my potions if I were on a higher level character.

Accidentally exited out of the review window after the quest cause of a skype popup. Ill end up replaying it at another time to give you the review in game tho :)

Overall tho man, great job. Enjoyed the combat, the dialogue was witty and entertaining.
    Hope this helps some,

Skratch

Thanks for the feedback, I just published the update and I'm going to try your quest :)

About the submit thing, I had some instances of enemies starting to beat the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> out of the submitting character, that's why I removed it from both encounters :(
    Which class/level is your char?
  • gavell1gavell1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wayward Ruins: NW-DMBDJAWAV
    Author: @Gavell1
    Solo or 2 players
    20-30 Minutes

Thanks
    Wayward Ruins: NW-DMBDJAWAV
    Author: @Gavell1
    Solo or 2 players Preferred
    19 Minutes Average
    Outdoor~Combat
    edited May 2013
    @snowballo Thanks man really appreciate the feedback, gonna work on getting fixes in on those things you brought up, definitely valid ideas/concerns

@duskdweller78 Hope you enjoy it, the character I played it on was a 19 GWF. Generally my best solo character.
    Quest Thread
    Trials of Atlantis
    NW-DQLT4ER2H
    • 10 Minutes
    • Standard Difficulty
    • Intended for solo play
    • High detail maps
  • eulerdmoogleeulerdmoogle Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    A small dwarvish grudge: NW-DUI8A8I7R
    Author name: @cphonx
    Solo
    about 20 min.
    Story and combat. Some humor.
    Try my missions:
    A Small Dwarvish Grudge: NW-DUI8A8I7R
    The Brink of Disaster: NW-DFDJKW9QF (Still in beta)

thorlief_banner_1.png
    edited May 2013
    I liked your quest, it was short but it's really a great original idea!

Quest feedback:
    I think Aethyn is a bit underpowered, he was too easy compared to the rest (I tested with a level 45 GF)
    There was something odd with Paug's behaviour, he kept standing a bit behind the other golem and didn't perform any attack until I deliberately moved near him (my companion was just beside him). Did you use AI nodes?
    Moreover I think you should move the respawn point in the room just before this encounter.

I'll wait your ingame review :P
  • geoff873geoff873 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Will give your quest a go next time I'm on.

Here's mine.

The Tomb of Valkere
    ID: NW-DOA69HDRT
    @geoff8733
    Campaign: The Deathlord Arisen - NWS-DS8SB9O2S
    Part 1: Death comes to Neverwinter - NW-DL8EPHRAT
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2013
    @snowballo due to your feedback here are the changes that were made:
    • Added archers to the first encounter
    • Cthael spirit dialogue has been fixed
    • Added wolves to the Aethyn encounter
    • Moved the Dagger of the Sly to a more easily obtainable spot

Thanks again for the feedback!

@duskdweller78 here are the changes that your feedback contributed to:
    • Added wolves to the Aethyn encounter
    • Fixed an issue that was keeping the Golem Brothers from moving

As for the respawn point moving, I can't really move it, just because if for some reason a person dies at the first or second encounter, it would be a spoiler or sorts, and make them backtrack to get to where they died. Thanks again for the feedback tho!

Thanks guys,
    - Skratch
    Quest Thread
    Trials of Atlantis
    NW-DQLT4ER2H
    • 10 Minutes
    • Standard Difficulty
    • Intended for solo play
    • High detail maps
    edited May 2013
    Version 0.2 BETA has been posted with the above changes.
    Quest Thread
    Trials of Atlantis
    NW-DQLT4ER2H
    • 10 Minutes
    • Standard Difficulty
    • Intended for solo play
    • High detail maps
    edited May 2013
    Hmmm the respawn point should only activate when the player reaches it :)
    edited May 2013
    @duskdweller78 where will they respawn if they don't have the point? The original spawn point? Didn't even think about that mechanic.
    Quest Thread
    Trials of Atlantis
    NW-DQLT4ER2H
    • 10 Minutes
    • Standard Difficulty
    • Intended for solo play
    • High detail maps
    edited May 2013
    Ok @dzogen just played your quest.

Honestly man, one of the funnest quests I've played yet. The humor honestly made it feel like I wasn't even questing, you did an amazing job!
    Quest Thread
    Trials of Atlantis
    NW-DQLT4ER2H
    • 10 Minutes
    • Standard Difficulty
    • Intended for solo play
    • High detail maps
  • docbachdocbach Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 35
    edited May 2013
    Unholy Matrimony
    @DocBach
    NW-DPYM52476

hopping on to knock your quest out asap
    edited May 2013
    @gavell1 Just about to start yours now :)
    Quest Thread
    Trials of Atlantis
    NW-DQLT4ER2H
    • 10 Minutes
    • Standard Difficulty
    • Intended for solo play
    • High detail maps
  • phantomravephantomrave Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Nevermore Act I: The ritual
    @phantomrave
    NW-DPH3M69IO

It's a very plot driven quest, I'm curious about balance and interested in rooting out typo's and what not. If anyone else wants to do a review4review then inbox me your quests and I'll be happy to try them out and give both a rebview on Foundry and a more detailed personal review while I await feedback.
    edited May 2013
    Ok @gavell1 here it is

• Quest Description --- "You feel for her lose" should be "loss".
    • Quest "Find and speak with the survivor" --- Typo in dialogue "Their dead" should be "They're dead".
    • Quest "Find and speak with the survivor" --- Typo in dialogue "I feel for your lose" should be "loss".
    • Zone Wayward Ruins --- Consider moving the campfire further away from the stone block, the effect ring runs onto the block and looks weird.
    • Ecounter setup --- Consider moving around each individual in each encounter, to make them look more random than just placed.
    • Quest setup --- Consider creating the boss kill a separate quest from just the "Kill any other undead you run into", it lets the player know they're finishing the map.
    • Costumes --- Not sure if this was meant to be, but your Lord guy has the Skeleton archer skin, and one of your archer's has the Wright Commander skin (Think they got switched around).

All in all, I like the idea of the quest. It feels alot like an xp grind/heavy combat map, with a quest spin on it, and I like the idea of that (Almost like a dungeon setup, but outside of a dungeon)

Keep working on it,
    - Skratch
    Quest Thread
    Trials of Atlantis
    NW-DQLT4ER2H
    • 10 Minutes
    • Standard Difficulty
    • Intended for solo play
    • High detail maps
  • docbachdocbach Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 35
    edited May 2013
    I like the scenery, and I loved your use of effects like the earthquakes. Would like to see you expand your Atlantis with an actual story driven quest.
    edited May 2013
    It is in the plans to expand the quest to be a full 15 minute quest, so it will be suitable for the Daily Foundry. Also just moved the plate closer to the edge, should address your issue.
    Quest Thread
    Trials of Atlantis
    NW-DQLT4ER2H
    • 10 Minutes
    • Standard Difficulty
    • Intended for solo play
    • High detail maps
    edited May 2013
    Ok @eulerdmoogle here's the report

• A small problem --- Dialogue with Merchants Guild Rep "Greetins" assuming you forgot the "g", otherwise if this is meant to sound like lingo, ignore lol.
    • A small problem --- Dialogue with Merchants Guild Rep "Gaddi as the paperwork" assuming its a type on "has".
    • A small problem --- Dialogue with Merchants Guild Rep "I can't imagine him deliberately willing to anger..." grammar issue, maybe replace "willing" with "wanting".
    • Metalsmith Courtyard zone design --- Clear blue skies, but thunder sounds, don't work well together.
    • Metalsmith Courtyard sounds --- Consider adding chicken sounds around the chickens.
    • Quest "Enter Gaddi's Metalworks --- Door is very hard to target without LoS issues, also change the "interact text" from the standard "Go to the next map".
    • End of quest --- For some reason, when I went through the portal back to Protector's Enclave, the quest was gone, and I never got my reward. Something to look into.

The story was interesting and cool. Was hoping to get to find out the ending, but the bug ended the quest early. Other than those few things tho, the quest had a great premise, enjoyed it!

Keep it up,
    Skratch
    Quest Thread
    Trials of Atlantis
    NW-DQLT4ER2H
    • 10 Minutes
    • Standard Difficulty
    • Intended for solo play
    • High detail maps
  • dzogendzogen Member Posts: 550 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thanks man, I appreciate it. I'll get by to reviewing yours tonight mate
    Ok @dzogen just played your quest.

Honestly man, one of the funnest quests I've played yet. The humor honestly made it feel like I wasn't even questing, you did an amazing job!
    Dzogen, Moonstar Agent
    Bill's Tavern | The 27th Level | Secret Agent 34
    edited May 2013
    Ok @geoff873 here's my feedback

• Quest "Talk to serving girl" --- Grammar issue in quest name "Talk to serving girl" should be "a serving girl" or "the serving girl"
    • Quest "Discover Ruins" --- Grammar issue in quest name again, i'd suggest "Discover the Ruins"

Other than those 2 things, it was a solid quest. Enjoyed the whole Mummy sort of feeling, it was neat.

Hope that helps somewhat :)
    Skratch
    Quest Thread
    Trials of Atlantis
    NW-DQLT4ER2H
    • 10 Minutes
    • Standard Difficulty
    • Intended for solo play
    • High detail maps
    edited May 2013
    Im out for tonight, I'll finish up tomorrow, as well as anyone else who posts here

Please don't forget to review mine as well guys,

Thanks,
    Skratch
    Quest Thread
    Trials of Atlantis
    NW-DQLT4ER2H
    • 10 Minutes
    • Standard Difficulty
    • Intended for solo play
    • High detail maps
    edited May 2013
    Thanks for your feedback Skratch.
    Not sure how the npc/encounters ended up that broken during your run (according to the quest name, somehow it loaded up my old version which was a save while I was working on the dialogs)
    In my own live trials they worked quite as intended though.

I did an overhaul to the looks now, making it much more one piece and natural.
    Will be working more on all aspects once I got more time, for sure.

I am not entirely sure to how to change the quest objective before entering the map, but will figure that one out later.

Would appreciate if you could check it out one more time at some point and see if the npcs still behave this bad.