test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

maintenance trolling

Comments

• pentegarnpentegarn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    No matter when you do it, some group of people will be effected. Dems da breaks kid
  • sadmummysadmummy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Use this time to study your engrish.

I bet I speak better english than you spanish or german, which are my first 2 languages.
    Sorry, I know I know, I shouldn't feed the trolls. My bad
  • sancansancan Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If you got time to complain about maintenance, then you have time for other activities~:p Just my little two cents after browsing this thread... As for me, I'm going to watch some videos. Peace! :)
    Yay! Can't wait for O.B!

Server: Doombog

Realm: A realm that will be PVE. :p I'm peaceful mostly.

Character name: Starlove.

Faction: Skysong.

Level: 27

Guild/Alliance: Will probably not join one. :p
  • dmolisher1dmolisher1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sadmummy wrote: »
    I bet I speak better english than you spanish or german, which are my first 2 languages.
    Sorry, I know I know, I shouldn't feed the trolls. My bad

Feed them, i got my axe ready.
    And i need to kill some, because i am pretty bored.
    Bards are awesome ... music and great tales off adventures.
  • spriggenspriggen Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kenp wrote: »
    are EU players this self-centered?

Cryptic is an AMERICAN-based studio = their business hours are PACIFIC STANDARD TIME.

I never heard of an American company working around EU time zones.

get your silly head out of your *** and deal with it.

U haven't playd lot of games... 90% of the game world gos for 3 markets: USA, EU, Asia

If a compeny dont coplay with all 3 and looses one of them there is a 90% chanse that compeny/game will not last a year with out that market.
  • xroselessxroseless Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I think they can't help it that maintenance is during EU time, but the frequency of maintenance is already frustrating me. I looked at the patch notes and there are new patch notes atleast every 3-4 days. I mean, dude, that's alot of maintenance o.0
  • quietavaquietava Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    pboar2006 wrote: »
    Tell me more about Cryptics workforce. How many people do they have employed? Who is working on new stuffs? Who is in charge of Zen Store?

well if you want my honest opinion, probably one person.
  • xxviimbxxviimb Member Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    yea well...my ***** is around 50% bigger then anyone on this stupid topic.
    "You have a wife and kids? If so, what would happen, if we called you in at 1am, everytime something went wrong!
    Be respectful, remember, you PLAY the game at your convenience, they WORK at no ones."
  • remilieveremilieve Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 36
    edited May 2013
    As grab from Neverwinter Facebook page.

We are now testing internally. That means we're one step closer to completing maintenance.
    AND, we have a surprise for you coming up at 11 AM PDT (20 minutes from this post).
    Would you sacrifice your past for the future?

Rose - Control Wizard
    Dragon
  • todesfaelletodesfaelle Member Posts: 1,370 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Use this time to study your engrish.

Off-topic, but it would be great if we didn't bag on how someone expresses himself using English, since not everyone who plays the game and uses the forum are native speakers of the English language.

Please forgive me if by any chance I got my grammar or spelling wrong. Hopefully my best attempt in getting my point across as a non-native speaker of your language is decent enough.
    edited May 2013
    come on ...
    Pass me the popcorn.
  • reefareefa Member Posts: 10
    edited May 2013
    After reading a bit here's my take... EU players, you guys got 2 options.

1. Buck up and deal with daily maintenances for awhile, open beta just started there's a lot to be fixed continuously.

2.Click the x button at the top right of your screen and come back when it's official release.

Go buy a 60$ new released 1 player game if patches bug you that much. Or you can play this for free.
  • clortbagsclortbags Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    On a brighter note the servers are due to be back up again in 5 minutes so... :D
  • sadmummysadmummy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    reefa wrote: »

1. Buck up and deal with daily maintenances for awhile, open beta just started there's a lot to be fixed continuously.

2.Click the x button at the top right of your screen and come back when it's official release.

Go buy a 60$ new released 1 player game if patches bug you that much. Or you can play this for free.

What about players expressing their wishes to the developers so they can improve and make their product better for their clients? Not an option?
    edited May 2013
    yep almost done ...
    Keeping fingers crossed for no more incidents today.
    2 server downs is enuff on a holiday.
  • reaper171reaper171 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I want some cake D:
  • tickledpinkstickledpinks Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 276 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Off-topic, but it would be great if we didn't bag on how someone expresses himself using English, since not everyone who plays the game and uses the forum are native speakers of the English language.

Please forgive me if by any chance I got my grammar or spelling wrong. Hopefully my best attempt in getting my point across as a non-native speaker of your language is decent enough.

Learn to laugh. You'll live longer.
  • nitryxnitryx Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    People only attack the grammar of others to take attention away from themselves. It is a tactic of desperation in my opinion or an attempt to make another party seem less credible than they are.

This, of course is my opinion and observation, it is not fact nor should it be taken as such. Anyone who thinks I believe I have all the answers is mistaken, I just have a lot of opinions and observations.
  • niktikaniktika Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I came in late.

My only point, the office they work from is based in San Francisco, CA. Why in the world would they change the schedule just to patch in a time that's better for EU?

That is all.

<3Niktika
  • tickledpinkstickledpinks Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 276 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    oxehufwud wrote: »
    How is your Swedish? Finnish? Norwegian? Russian? *******.

I'll worry about those languages when the Swedish, Finnish, Norwegians and Russians either :#1 come out with an MMO worth playing. or:#2 have a gaming population large enough that it warrants learning those languages.

Don't be mad you don't have Bill Gates.
  • todesfaelletodesfaelle Member Posts: 1,370 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Learn to laugh. You'll live longer.

I will, thank you. :)
    What about players expressing their wishes to the developers so they can improve and make their product better for their clients? Not an option?

Hi, and I completely agree with you. It's our right to voice out our concerns in a civilized manner. However I also believe that there's not much our complaints can do to speed up the process of the maintenance, most specially if they are irate. And we've been seeing a lot of these sort of complaints lately.
  • quietavaquietava Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    reefa wrote: »

it's called constructive criticism. nobody here is acting out of line - so there was no need for that.

obviously we all have 'better things to do', especially since - as we made clear - it is prime-time on a holiday for us. basically that means there is actually good stuff on TV for once.

but for whom it may concern, I not only have plenty of alternatives game-wise, I also know how to read books, it's sunny outside still (and not raining for once), and I should probably do some workout instead of sitting infront of the computer for hours arguing.

but thank you for making me aware of it!
  • vortexasvortexas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 52
    edited May 2013
    You've only gotta wait one more hour. Get over it.
    edited May 2013
    as long as it doesnt happen every weekend / holiday i couldnt care less.

Well 2 times on a holiday are kind off annoying, but its beta so stuff like this can happen.
    Just well bored mostly, since i did so much other today besides gaming.
    Even did some troll hunting with my axe, but they ran into other threads, so still bored.
  • kimmurieloblodrakimmurieloblodra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'll worry about those languages when the Swedish, Finnish, Norwegians and Russians either :#1 come out with an MMO worth playing. or:#2 have a gaming population large enough that it warrants learning those languages.

Don't be mad you don't have Bill Gates.

pure. f'in. gold.
  • nitryxnitryx Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Servers are up, you don't have to type anymore.
  • vortexasvortexas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 52
    edited May 2013
    dmolisher1 wrote: »
    as long as it doesnt happen every weekend / holiday i couldnt care less.

Well 2 times on a holiday are kind off annoying, but its beta so stuff like this can happen.
    Just well bored mostly, since i did so much other today besides gaming.
    Even did some troll hunting with my axe, but they ran into other threads, so still bored.

Not exactly pleased with it myself, but what are you gonna do? I live in CDT, sure this wasn't prime time but, classes at my university were cut short today to give everyone a chance to study for finals. 3 of my 4 finals were already finished via various projects and papers. I was too was hoping to get a little extra game time in.
  • adania666adania666 Member Posts: 39
    edited May 2013
    Cant tell if you were being sarcastic in the OP with "genious" instead of genius..
    edited May 2013

Is that what is happening in this thread? No. I was referring to all the cry babies complaining about maint time since that is the topic at hand. I don't see any posts in this thread that are "expressing their wishes to the developers so they can improve and make their product better for their clients".
    edited May 2013
    In all honesty the things I read were not "constructive". They are self centered and whiney, mind you not everyone but a good majority... A OP saying they are "trolling EU" and are "genious's", doesn't equate to constructive criticism or a good start to constructive criticism. Lol