test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

maintenance trolling

sadmummysadmummy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
You must be kidding me. In Europe, the maintenance time starts at 17/18:00. That's exactly the time almost everybody leaves work.

You are genious. Evil genious.
Post edited by sadmummy on

Comments

• pawlesspawless Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The maintenances are always in the EU prime time..
  • sadmummysadmummy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    pawless wrote: »
    The maintenances are always in the EU prime time..

Well, that's my complain. It's unacceptable. I arrived home from work, started computer, and 2 minutes later, maintenance starts. I have to go to bed early to work, this is just trolling us.
  • pboar2006pboar2006 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 421 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Yup its just to <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> you EU players off. They arent actually doing any maintenance they are just trolling you.
  • hipolipolopigushipolipolopigus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If it weren't in-line with EU's end-of-workday, it'd be in-line with somewhere else's.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Want to know why Neverwinter is so laggy? Check out the "Latency" section in this thread.
  • labbblabbb Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    No complaints from anyone but me ! Its my birthday and I had planned to play all morning :(
    Dangit now by time the servers come up , I'll be out and about .
    I'll never get to level 46 :(
  • sadmummysadmummy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    pboar2006 wrote: »
    Yup its just to <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> you EU players off. They arent actually doing any maintenance they are just trolling you.

Your sarcasm lets me believe that you think they did their best, but they had to do a needed maintenance, and I'm calling it trolling without reason.
    Well, I'm not complaining about a 2 hour downtime. But if you are the guy who takes the decission, and chose the prime time to do so, you are bad at your work, or just trolling.
    edited May 2013
    sadmummy wrote: »
    Well, that's my complain. It's unacceptable. I arrived home from work, started computer, and 2 minutes later, maintenance starts. I have to go to bed early to work, this is just trolling us.

I wasn't arguing you.
    edited May 2013
    If it weren't in-line with EU's end-of-workday, it'd be in-line with somewhere else's.
    How about 3-4 hours earlier?
  • desaanukdesaanuk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

I think the point is, there's a 3hr maintenance every day in European prime time, EVERYDAY. 8 days of maintenance now is it? Sometimes more than once a day.
  • pboar2006pboar2006 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 421 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Your sarcasm lets me believe that you think they did their best, but they had to do a needed maintenance, and I'm calling it trolling without reason.
    Well, I'm not complaining about a 2 hour downtime. But if you are the guy who takes the decission, and chose the prime time to do so, you are bad at your work, or just trolling.

So what are you complaining about then if not the 2 hour downtime?
    desaanuk wrote: »
    I think the point is, there's a 3hr maintenance every day in European prime time, EVERYDAY. 8 days of maintenance now is it? Sometimes more than once a day.

And they are just working during their Business hours.
  • kimmurieloblodrakimmurieloblodra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The Engrish in this thread is just astounding.

And like the other dude said, there is no real maintenance, it's just to troll EU players. In fact, In the USA, I'm logged on right now questing and grinding RAD as we speak!
  • shepherdofmanshepherdofman Member Posts: 169 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I'm used to games doing maint around midnight/1am server time.. that seems most optimal for local reasons. So this early morning **** is just weird.
    ~They are Lions, and I am their Shepherd~
  • deurkier1deurkier1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 70
    edited May 2013
    We do not speak european we speak Amarica !!!!
  • xxviimbxxviimb Member Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Deal with it.
    "You have a wife and kids? If so, what would happen, if we called you in at 1am, everytime something went wrong!
    Be respectful, remember, you PLAY the game at your convenience, they WORK at no ones."
  • kimmurieloblodrakimmurieloblodra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm used to games doing maint around midnight/1am server time.. that seems most optimal for local reasons. So this early morning **** is just weird.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Time_zone this would be a good read for you
  • beaghan1beaghan1 Member Posts: 404 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    pboar2006 wrote: »

hahahaha my thoughts exactly whenever the Europeans complain. NEWS FLASH it sucks for everyone. Not everyone in America works 9-5.
    edited May 2013
    Not everyone in the world speak English as their native language. I thought maybe I should let you know that, because you obviously have no clue.
    edited May 2013
    Not a single genuine response from the muricans was given in this thread. Not surprised.
  • iviksiviks Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Couldn't it just be during the primetime over Atlantic or Pacific oceans? Think the fish would complain too?
  • hipolipolopigushipolipolopigus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Not a single genuine response from the muricans was given in this thread. Not surprised.
    Poe's law.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Want to know why Neverwinter is so laggy? Check out the "Latency" section in this thread.
    edited May 2013
    iviks wrote: »
    Couldn't it just be during the primetime over Atlantic or Pacific oceans? Think the fish would complain too?

Depends what your definition of primetime is. Mine is 2 PM.
  • arcbladezarcbladez Member Posts: 210 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Cryptic Studios, a wholly owned Perfect World subsidiary,[1] is an American massively multiplayer online role-playing game developer headquartered in Los Gatos, California. (from: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cryptic_Studios)

That's just how it is. :P I dunno if they have a European division that manages this game, but until they do, European gamers will have to live with USA work hours!
  • roodocroodoc Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Geezus Christ, and you guys always like to say how Americans complain about everything.
  • calaminthacalamintha Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    iviks wrote: »

Don't expect any intelligent answer. It's the same thing with every US-based MMO. Whenever a maintenance happens during THEIR prime time you get 50+ page threads.
  • xxviimbxxviimb Member Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Maybe because "most" AMERICANS have a little thing called patience, and reply to this stupidity with more stupidity to mock it.
    bottom line is: it happens, someone will always be affected..don't know how many times you have to be told this.
    "You have a wife and kids? If so, what would happen, if we called you in at 1am, everytime something went wrong!
    Be respectful, remember, you PLAY the game at your convenience, they WORK at no ones."
    edited May 2013
    arcbladez wrote: »
    Cryptic Studios, a wholly owned Perfect World subsidiary,[1] is an American massively multiplayer online role-playing game developer headquartered in Los Gatos, California. (from: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cryptic_Studios)

That's just how it is. :P I dunno if they have a European division that manages this game, but until they do, European gamers will have to live with USA work hours!

So? You prefer we demand EU servers than just another maintenance time?
    edited May 2013
    So? You prefer we demand EU servers than just another maintenance time?

Yeah, go do that, as if you don't already.

Either way, you'll be complaining about downtimes, ping, USD-Euro conversion, whatever. Either way you'll be crying.

EDIT: demand bahahahahhahaa
  • kenpkenp Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    are EU players this self-centered?

Cryptic is an AMERICAN-based studio = their business hours are PACIFIC STANDARD TIME.

I never heard of an American company working around EU time zones.

get your silly head out of your *** and deal with it.
    edited May 2013
    Yeah, go do that, as if you don't already.

Either way, you'll be complaining about downtimes, ping, USD-Euro conversion, whatever. Either way you'll be crying.

Mmh I haven't complained about those things, but now that you mention it, why would it be bad to complain about it? You would not be un happy about paying more for the same, having more lag, or having maintenance times when you arrive home from work?
  • bobzebrickbobzebrick Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah like my 200ms ping isn't a big enough kick in the teeth, plus the fact I pay considerably more in the cash shop (not that I'm stupid enough to spend it here), why not schedule all maintenance at EU primetime, you have pretty much alienated us all anyway.