test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

maintenance trolling

Comments

• proceduralprocedural Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sadmummy wrote: »
    Your sarcasm lets me believe that you think they did their best, but they had to do a needed maintenance, and I'm calling it trolling without reason.
    Well, I'm not complaining about a 2 hour downtime. But if you are the guy who takes the decission, and chose the prime time to do so, you are bad at your work, or just trolling.

It's only primetime for your timezone. It's the beginning of the workday for PW employees.

Not to mention that this specific maintenance is an "emergency maintenance" which, by definition, would not be able to be scheduled in advance.

Suck it up.
  • sadmummysadmummy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kenp wrote: »
    are EU players this self-centered?

Cryptic is an AMERICAN-based studio = their business hours are PACIFIC STANDARD TIME.

I never heard of an American company working around EU time zones.

get your silly head out of your *** and deal with it.

Do you live in another planet? There's lots and lots of games where EU and US have different maintenance times. How can you possibly write that, you never played other games?
  • peter425peter425 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    OMG, I hate you all! :mad:
  • nitryxnitryx Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Honestly I find the maintenance times quite annoying and I'm in the Eastern Standard time zone. The reason for that is well like was mentioned before, not everything in the American Continents works nine to five, I in fact usually don't go to work until five or six pm. A lot of times my five or six hours of game time becomes two or three. It sucks, but that's how Cryptic/Perfect World operates. My suggestion is to do something else instead of crying about it, that wont change anything.
  • selonwselonw Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 258
    edited May 2013
    roodoc wrote: »
    Geezus Christ, and you guys always like to say how Americans complain about everything.

You do, when it hits you, which is almost never

There are times they could have had the maintenance to suit both US and EU players, for once, Asian players cant play at all, it would be better to have it on Asian Prime time 5 hours ago or so
  • vcneverwintervcneverwinter Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Two words: Open Beta.
    PS:Beta.Beta. Beta.From my part they could do the maintenance every 2 hours if that would make the final release an better game.So please guys,stop crying ffs.
  • cococyacococya Member Posts: 162 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I much rather prefer maintenance on PWI, for instance, those start late at night for the U.S. and are at around 9-10 a.m for Europe, which is win-win.
  • sadmummysadmummy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Maybe a 8 hours maintenance is hard to scheudle without affecting anybody. But a 2 hours maintenance could easily be done without affecting the continents who have access rigth now at all.
    If it's not trolling it's lazyness
  • fieryinvectivefieryinvective Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Maintenance isn't done by robots, it's done by real people, and real people generally have to be paid extra for overtime/on-call technical work (if they're available overtime/on-call at all). Put two and two together, and maybe it'll make sense..
  • kenpkenp Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Do you live in another planet? There's lots and lots of games where EU and US have different maintenance times. How can you possibly write that, you never played other games?
    I live on the planet called Earth. Where do you live in? Do I sound ignorant with that previous comment? Maybe~? But quite frankly, every single MMO I've played so far (dating back to year 2000), the maintenance/down times were all PST/EST-based, NOT EU-time based.

so, like I said, get your silly head out of your ***, and deal with it. Cryptic is an NA studio, so they will hold maintenance times for their work hours.
  • arktourosxarktourosx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 177 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Most maintenance schedules get done in the morning for a lot of games. The only difference is in other games there are Euro servers where we dump the Eurotrash. They probably didn't think the Euros were worth the time setting up a separate server and maintenance schedule. I can't really blame them but now we got people spamming chat in nonsense that's apparently some other language or something.
    nwsignature.jpg
  • vortexasvortexas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 52
    edited May 2013
    Could it be because most of the players are from the Americas? LE GASP! Sort of like how Mait in Dark Fall was always during US prime time due to it being developed and ran from eu.
    edited May 2013
    With all the overpriced stuff in zenstore people buy, they should have well enough to have maint durin "unconvenient" hours. Most P2P companies try to have maint during hours that suits both, or have seperate ones.
  • calaminthacalamintha Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Maintenance isn't done by robots, it's done by real people, and real people generally have to be paid extra for overtime/on-call technical work (if they're available overtime/on-call at all). Put two and two together, and maybe it'll make sense..

Yeah, funny thing that I'm often on call during the night too because we have customers all over the world. I should talk to my boss.
    edited May 2013

Do players writing in this post not work or what?

In my work, when our clients are form other continents, we have to adapt. Yes, there is extra payments for nocturnity. You do what your client needs, not what is more convenient for you...
  • effeleffel Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Your sarcasm lets me believe that you think they did their best, but they had to do a needed maintenance, and I'm calling it trolling without reason.
    Well, I'm not complaining about a 2 hour downtime. But if you are the guy who takes the decission, and chose the prime time to do so, you are bad at your work, or just trolling.

Does everyone just pick a word out of a hat when they need one? It seriously seems like people use the word "trolling" for anything that bugs them these days. Trolling has a specific meaning & implies a specific type of intent on the part of the "troll". It comes from a fishing term, not your common bridge & dungeon dwelling variety
  • xxviimbxxviimb Member Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Do players writing in this post not work or what?

In my work, when our clients are form other continents, we have to adapt. Yes, there is extra payments for nocturnity. You do what your client needs, not what is more convenient for you...

And there is your problem, a few small companies cater to foreign clients, but most big business models do not.
    "You have a wife and kids? If so, what would happen, if we called you in at 1am, everytime something went wrong!
    Be respectful, remember, you PLAY the game at your convenience, they WORK at no ones."
  • dmolisher1dmolisher1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I dont know what to do now ...
    Wached Game off thrones.
    Made dinner, did dish washing.
    Shopped grocerys.
    Even drank some beers with nabour.

Now come back with my game ... pretty plz.
    Bards are awesome ... music and great tales off adventures.
    edited May 2013
    effel wrote: »
    Does everyone just pick a word out of a hat when they need one? It seriously seems like people use the word "trolling" for anything that bugs them these days. Trolling has a specific meaning & implies a specific type of intent on the part of the "troll". It comes from a fishing term, not your common bridge & dungeon dwelling variety

First, english is not my primary language, it's my third. Second, I still think I used it correctly, considering it was a bit of sarcasm. I really think they are just lazy and chosed the hours they wanted without caring about us. And I, as a small sarcasm, said the decision is so bad that they must be trolling us on purpose.
    edited May 2013
    dmolisher1 wrote: »
    I dont know what to do now ...
    Wached Game off thrones.
    Made dinner, did dish washing.
    Shopped grocerys.
    Even drank some beers with nabour.

P:S:
    Yes its official holiday here in Denmark, so well ... you guess.

Now come back with my game ... pretty plz.
    edited May 2013
    xxviimb wrote: »
    And there is your problem, a few small companies cater to foreign clients, but most big business models do not.

So, the small companies are international, and the big companies are not? xDDDD smart, how didn't I see it
  • nitryxnitryx Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I work in four and a half hours, this is equally inconvenient for me and others in the Western World that are on similar schedules, so please stop going on about how it's so unfair to you cause you're getting off work, you're not being targetted, the people at Cryptic are not sitting there going. "Hmmm sadmummy will be home from work in 10 minutes... Alright boys get ready for maintenance!" It's just standard for Cryptic they've been doing maintenance at this time for at least a couple years. Also keep in mind STO and CO are both offline as well. This is not some new thing designed to <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> you or anyone off, they are a business, they need to make money and to do so they need to keep their games working, even if it requires downtime.
  • kimmurieloblodrakimmurieloblodra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    arktourosx wrote: »
    Most maintenance schedules get done in the morning for a lot of games. The only difference is in other games there are Euro servers where we dump the Eurotrash. They probably didn't think the Euros were worth the time setting up a separate server and maintenance schedule. I can't really blame them but now we got people spamming chat in nonsense that's apparently some other language or something.

HAHAHAHhahahahaahaha you just made my day.
  • oioleihihuoioleihihu Member Posts: 58
    edited May 2013
    pboar2006 wrote: »
    Yup its just to <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> you EU players off. They arent actually doing any maintenance they are just trolling you.

Actually, if they did the maintenance between 5am to 6am PST, no one would bother... because that would be the prime time at the middle of the Atlantic Ocean... so no one would be trolled
    so much for so little, the world has too many dumb people, but wth? That's how they make money!
    edited May 2013
    Rubbish ...
    this are the troll thread .

Looks for axe, so atleast some will be killed.
  • xxviimbxxviimb Member Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So, the small companies are international, and the big companies are not? xDDDD smart, how didn't I see it

Go ask a a factory worker of over 30 years if he is willing to ship to china everyday to work on their hours, or better yet tell that company that they can only operate within the hours that American could work. see where that takes you.
    "You have a wife and kids? If so, what would happen, if we called you in at 1am, everytime something went wrong!
    Be respectful, remember, you PLAY the game at your convenience, they WORK at no ones."
    edited May 2013
    Its strange how they always manage to hit maintenance on European hollidays :P
  • infi321infi321 Member Posts: 311 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    pawless wrote: »
    How about 3-4 hours earlier?

Totally agree. Find a better timing, im sure you can do maintaince better than the 2-4 biggest primetimes of both EU and US, as it is now, its ****ing dumb. And EU ALWAYS gets shafted.
    "Your story may not last forever; but it will exist forever"
    edited May 2013
    selonw wrote: »
    Its strange how they always manage to hit maintenance on European hollidays :P

Dont jinx us plz ... i wanna play today
  • sufficien7sufficien7 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I wish you could play while they did a maintenance :(