test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Are you serious!?!?

Comments

• geoja111geoja111 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There's a flaw in your argument: if the mount was cheap, your character wouldn't be one of the few to have it.

Are you honestly that stupid?
  • pboar2006pboar2006 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 421 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    geoja111 wrote: »
    Clearly you didnt read my post carefully and also its the fact that I cannot get them outside of the Zen store..If I could then i wouldnt mind!

Earn AD, change AD for Zen, ???, Profit?
  • loki0230loki0230 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Don't feed the troll... I want to be unique but I don't want to work or pay anything to get it! Boohoo... I'm sure we're all crying for you.
  • bobzebrickbobzebrick Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lucidp2k wrote: »
    They're more complaining about the price, not the action. The entire battle is akin to these... people... going to a nice restaurant and complaining that the wine is too expensive, but refusing the leave and go to McDonalds where they belong.

No it's akin to us going to a nice restaurant and being served a big mac and being asked to pay $40 for it. What person in thier right mind wouldn't be bothered by that. Unless you have more money than sense.
    edited May 2013
    caleshh wrote: »
    Another poor crappy rant.....way to go OP.

Rant? It's called critism something that is required for ANY game to improve
  • snowcrash512snowcrash512 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I think its only fair that every single thing in the game be completely free, I see no reason why they should make any money off the game, or generate any revenue to run it, fix it, improve it... etc.

They are a charity to give us things for free, not a company looking to make money!
    edited May 2013
    pboar2006 wrote: »

The current exchange rate for that is about 380 AD for 1 zen so for 4k its about 1.5 mil..I wouldnt pay that price if it was In game money only, The price is still the same ur just changing the currency which doesnt solve the original problem.
    edited May 2013
    I think its only fair that every single thing in the game be completely free, I see no reason why they should make any money off the game, or generate any revenue to run it, fix it, improve it... etc.

They are a charity to give us things for free, not a company looking to make money!

Try actually reading the OP..Or did you forget what it said while you were too busy licking windows?
  • zieglerzzieglerz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 197 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    noosed wrote: »
    Crack dealers and video game devs pretty much the same.

Not what I said.
    I dont blame the guy in the rent to own store for trying to get me to pay 5 times what something is worth. It's the company I blame. The code monkeys have nothing to say about the business model. That lies with the suits, and most definately would I put suits in the same catergories as I do crack dealers and lawyers. Scum of the earth.
  • riotpls2riotpls2 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's cheaper to buy Zen with AD and get a nice new mount than buying the ingame upgrades for your horse ;)
  • trickshawtrickshaw Member Posts: 497 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I bought the armored bear without a second thought. I saw it. 2 minutes later my zen balance was flush and it was in my inventory and my Dwarf was riding AN ARMORED BEAR!!!

The fact that all my characters get it is just bonus.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • pboar2006pboar2006 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 421 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    zieglerz wrote: »
    Not what I said.
    I dont blame the guy in the rent to own store for trying to get me to pay 5 times what something is worth. It's the company I blame. The code monkeys have nothing to say about the business model. That lies with the suits, and most definately would I put suits in the same catergories as I do crack dealers and lawyers. Scum of the earth.

Wish I could see you on the day that you need a lawyer, and the one that you get just happened to read these forums and follow your posts
  • theodatetheodate Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I work 60 hours a week, so please don't take this to be a rant by some basement dweller with no job. I've dropped quadruple digits on champions online, so don't think I'm cheap, either. My response to you has nothing to do with a lack of either of these 2 qualities.

My *sub* to other games costs less than a mount here does. Full month of play, for other cryptic games, costs half as much as our cheapest mount. I bought mass effect 3 *new* for as much as a top tier mount in this game costs. You can buy a refurbished Wii for as much as mounts in this game cost.

got an extra 5 bucks above the highest tier mount cost? how about a new ipod?

You can not be serious. Know what prompted my previous purchases? Small costs (12 bucks for a become device, at most, and that totally changed my appearance and powers, and was tradeable even after I used it), and value per transaction.

40 bucks for a cosmetic device in a video game is fully and completely insane, by any method you choose to measure it. I'm curious if we're gonna get the eve online monocle next. Hell, it's only 20 bucks more, why not 100 dollar vanity hats? This way I can see who's a moron in game, just by looking at their clothing.

hehehe So right on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • ahleraahlera Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    muzrub333 wrote: »
    It's expensive to be a beautiful snowflake.

LOL I give you 5 stars!
  • snowcrash512snowcrash512 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    geoja111 wrote: »
    Try actually reading the OP..Or did you forget what it said while you were too busy licking windows?
    Aww did I hurt your feelings pointing out how sad these posts are, can we still be friends? No? Oh what a great loss.
    edited May 2013
    Wish I could see you on the day that you need a lawyer, and the one that you get just happened to read these forums and follow your posts

Let's see....the one lawyer I have had in my life, was because the courthouse wouldnt allow me to file my own action. So I hired this fat <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> alcoholic bum that showed up to court late. Only one I have ever had to deal with, and hopefully the last.
  • coggagecoggage Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If it's out of your price league, don't buy them. I have a standard mount that does me just fine, so I don't bother with the shiny, special snowflake mounts.
    edited May 2013
    Aww did I hurt your feelings pointing out how sad these posts are, can we still be friends? No? Oh what a great loss.

Really? Why do you even come on the forums if you're not going to make a half decent post
  • spyke2009spyke2009 Member Posts: 674 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    zieglerz wrote: »
    Let's see....the one lawyer I have had in my life, was because the courthouse wouldnt allow me to file my own action. So I hired this fat <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> alcoholic bum that showed up to court late. Only one I have ever had to deal with, and hopefully the last.

inb4 "well you hired him" lol
    edited May 2013
    spyke2009 wrote: »
    inb4 "well you hired him" lol
    yeah I know...and he wsa ..."highly" recommended by the circuit court clerk. (probably his incestous sister for all I know)
  • loki0230loki0230 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013

This made my morning.
  • redstorm55redstorm55 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 37
    edited May 2013
    Me Rage! Me crush Zen!! Rarrgh!
  • vertisonevertisone Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 67
    edited May 2013
    I'm sorry, but anybody who is paying $40 for a virtual horse needs to seriously rethink their life. I don't care how much money you have, $40 for a virtual horse, virtual giant dog, flying magical butterfly, magical rainbow dustin hoffman, or whatever the heck else PWE dreams up is not an intelligent purchase.

ive spent 20 dollars for multiple skins on LoL, they only are for a single character out of 100 :O
  • chai23chai23 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Any lawyer worth their salt already knows this and doesnt need to read a video game forum to have an epiphany that this is how people think about their profession. Its similar to being a dentist. No one WANTS to deal with them but that toothache / legal troubles arent going to go away on their own.

The prices are too **** high (insert meme here) but this is how it goes in MMOs nowdays as they are using social gaming monetization models to make money. Its well known that a small percentage of big spenders exist in each games player pool, and they will pay the price, simply because they can and because items are available and are better than what they have.
  • glanniganglannigan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 463 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Glannigan, Son of Flannigan, Son of Hannigan, Son of Annigan, Son of Mar!!!

I too shall buy this epic rare bear armored mount thingy and look down on all of you from a high my awesome bear thingy!

I will stand in the middle of the busiest part of the city and cast judgment on all of you poor people! The entire server will see once and for all how much better I am than everyone else. I can't wait to get home tonight. As you all look up to me in awe like the scrub at the club looks to the VIP Lounge.

I swear by my grandfathers balls this shall be done!
  • pinchyskriipinchyskrii Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    - You won't be unique for buying it, get that stupid notion out of your head
    - Even if you were, you paid to win it
    - There is no individuality in a game as shallow as this. Everything has been streamlined and dumbed down. In some cases where it just copied older games, it copied a version before important fixes were added.
  • obuscaobusca Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Stupid forum didnt save my entire post -.-

Short form:

The shops prices arent even a bit responsible, and perfect worlds image represented by them makes me to not want to waste a single buck at the store.

They would make much more money with lower prices. A mount for 15-20€? A cool pet for 10-15? Shure... but 70€?! ****ing stupid...

Sorry for my bad english.
  • baburmisbaburmis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    arcbladez wrote: »
    If you prefer paying $15/month for a MMORPG that has over 200 mounts available at your disposal which can be acquired by playing the game, you can always play those instead.

The NW devs need to make money somehow you know! The game devs did not make this game out of charity you know!

P.S. All you people who keep complaining about the Zen Store prices need to stop complaining. You're only making yourself look like a real cheapskate! The game is F2P but that doesn't mean everything is free! You will never find a true F2P video game on this planet, and if you ever do find one, then believe me, it will not last long! A few months or 1 year later, that game will cease to exist since the game developers can't afford to keep it up and running!

- im not gonna pay $40 out of charity either.

- the game being f2p doesnt mean they have to try to make money on every single game feature other than combat. And it doesnt mean they have to sell mount + 2 bags (which are char bound mind you) for the price of one new p2p mmo game either.

Just because its f2p and they 'are not charity' doesnt mean they can charge whatever stupid prices they come up with. Well technially they can do it, but people will just ignore cash shop and not spend a dime on it.

You can mask it all you want but its just a shady f2p model, where they purposely target 5% of fanboys who will buy their cash shop items regardless of their price. They are just banking on that few % spending hundreds, if not thousands of $, to pay for everyone else. Because even if items were 2x more expensive, youd still have same people defending pwe and using same old 'but they need monies! they no charity, we must pay them so they dont starve'.
  • kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    edit: why does it keep eating my posts :mad:
  • chai23chai23 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    glannigan wrote: »
    Glannigan, Son of Flannigan, Son of Hannigan, Son of Annigan, Son of Mar!!!

I too shall buy this epic rare bear armored mount thingy and look down on all of you from a high my awesome bear thingy!

I will stand in the middle of the busiest part of the city and cast judgment on all of you poor people! The entire server will see once and for all how much better I am than everyone else. I can't wait to get home tonight. As you all look up to me in awe like the scrub at the club looks to the VIP Lounge.

I swear by my grandfathers balls this shall be done!

I cant look at you in awe after my eyeballs burned out due to taking a gander at that avatar. :p