What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Are you serious!?!?

1235»

Comments

• dominemesisdominemesis Member Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    s1th1 wrote: »
    You guys aren't locked to your chair being forced to play the game. If you want a 4k mount buy it, don't complain that you can't afford it. Would you walk into a clothing store and go.

'90 dollar jeans!!!!!!! THESE ARE JEANS!!!! LOL I BUY MINE AT GOODWILL FOR 5BUCKS! Do you guys have forum? cause Im going to complain my *** off about your 90$ jeans until you lower their price and I too can have these jeans that Im so jealous of'

And as to the comments of 'this game won't have a player base in a year so I won't pay it' FFXI still has a player base and that has a monthly subscription. People that have been paying to play that game for the last 6 years have spent more than 800$ + the cost of all the expansions. And that game is a POS!

AD can become Zen, Zen can become AD.

to sum it up using your troll dialect.

u mad

Actually it is funny your above example, about the clothes being overpriced, and do people complain. Lots of people actually in fact do that, not just on forums, but they'll call customer service, or mail a letter or email to voice their complaint as well. Myself and others have left establishments for their pricing or other business practice being ludicrous. It happens all the time, and fear of it happening is why nearly all businesses have a number or email or some other method for leaving feedback. Companies pay advertising agencies and survey companies millions to find out public opinion. You've never met someone who called customer service to complain before, or stopped doing business with a company for not having good value or shoddy service? Do you live in a cave? You lose the internet for having the dumbest response I have read in awhile.
  • komablackkomablack Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Eh, just add an additional option to it.
    Account unlock - 4k Zen
    Single character unlock - 1k Zen?
    That's about $10 to unlock it on your main, sounds fair to me.
  • nornsavantnornsavant Member Posts: 311 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It honestly doesn’t take a rocket scientist to figure out the dynamics. Given the state of the space program I wish it did though.

How about this.

Instead of a 40$ horse. I sold you a series of horses that cost around 4 dollars each. There are ten in the set and they have different looks. But the more horses you own the faster they all go. So it behooves one to buy them all but, if 40 dollars seem like too much, just buy one for 4 bucks.

Now you all have horses and you can upgrade them for just another 4 dollars. Don’t like your ghetto horse? It’s just another 4$ to get faster and you probably have that lying around somewhere. If you go to your mom and ask for 40$ you might get laughed at but 4$, that’s doable.

So if you have more people buying more items at a higher rate, is that more profit or less profit? So everyone wins or at least become mildly mollified.

Now since I know that I am not, in fact, the smartest human on the face of the earth, perhaps someone could explain why PWE or Cryptic cannot figure out in nearly a year of development what took me ten minutes to work out?

Now if I could just get this rocket engine to work right…
  • lokaidraxmartislokaidraxmartis Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    geoja111 wrote: »
    Alright so I love to RP and one of the main thing's I want in MMO's is to be unique in every possible way I can one of the ways I love to be unique is having a really cool mount. Now I decided to look on the Zen store this morning and I see you've added some new mounts (Awesome more content) so I take a little look and the prices for mounts on the store are 4k for an armored bear or wolf.. Are you kidding me ?? That's about what

Ya know i thought these were overpriced but looking around, its seems to be an industry standard, Tera charges about the same amount, Now WoW only 25 dollars BUT they also, charge a sub so probably why its reduced. Mounts are ok in my book...sheerly because every character gets it.
  • krypalkrypal Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They've taken F2P way over the top on this one (new category required...FTPLoL maybe?)

I mean seriously 2 character slots and don't even mention the bag and bank slots.
    I've never seen any game with such a lot of basic stuff being in the cash shop. Fine put some vanity stuff in there but limiting bag/bank space to this degree is just plain stupidity at the highest level.
  • robertthebardrobertthebard Member Posts: 543 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have to ask, is the point of a mount so that you can crowd up on the NPC's and block others from interacting with them or something, because, quite frankly, while I have unlocked the ability to use them, I haven't seen anything yet that suggests I need them. Is there some vast open country somewhere after lvl 20 that I'll need to cross that would necessitate a mount? Because if it's just for getting around town, who really cares? That's rhetorical, btw, since the last time I tried to use the mail box, it took me 5 minutes to target it for all the giant spiders and nightmares blocking targeting, and one time I fell into the ah, which was embarrassing...:mad:
    Reading comprehension is essential in a medium that requires reading for communication.
  • immagikman2immagikman2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 180 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I'm sorry, but anybody who is paying $40 for a virtual horse needs to seriously rethink their life. I don't care how much money you have, $40 for a virtual horse, virtual giant dog, flying magical butterfly, magical rainbow dustin hoffman, or whatever the heck else PWE dreams up is not an intelligent purchase.

I do hope that YOU know, that is YOUR opinion. :) I work hard and earn lots so that *I* have plenty of cash to use as *I* please. Isn't it MY choice what I do with MY money? (hell I dropped 5 grand on the Kick Starter campaign for a Game that is not even created yet and didnt bat an eye ...Um that would be Star Citizen for anyone who cares) VALUE is in the EYE of the beholder/buyer/spender/owner.
    If your hand touches metal, I swear by my pretty floral bonnet I will end you.
  • immagikman2immagikman2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 180 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I do try to switch off my mount while at vendors :) I kinda like spooging everyone with spiderwebs when my spider appears/disappears.
    As for not needing it...I do like to get back to town/base quickly and some times I dont want to stop and fight all the mobs between me and my objective....the 110% mounts are good at getting through without confrontation...its a time saver
    If your hand touches metal, I swear by my pretty floral bonnet I will end you.
  • caleshhcaleshh Member Posts: 61
    edited May 2013
    Rant? It's called critism something that is required for ANY game to improve

Ranting, hitching, complainning.....call it what you will. I wish you all would sync your menstrual cycles.
  • caleshhcaleshh Member Posts: 61
    edited May 2013
    I do hope that YOU know, that is YOUR opinion. :) I work hard and earn lots so that *I* have plenty of cash to use as *I* please. Isn't it MY choice what I do with MY money? (hell I dropped 5 grand on the Kick Starter campaign for a Game that is not even created yet and didnt bat an eye ...Um that would be Star Citizen for anyone who cares) VALUE is in the EYE of the beholder/buyer/spender/owner.

Agreed. Sorry for those who think they are going without. Maybe instead of playing the game you all could be better and more productive members by spending your time sending resumes. When you all do grow up you will then realize that nothing comes for free or have some associated cost. Yes its a sad world this has become, but its due to folks that want to live on the backs of others....a free ride so to speak. It's a catch 22.....they *****, but are also the main source of the problem. Envy, greed.....they feel they need when they really don't. They want champagne on there beer budget......what a sad thing to struggle so. Then they say....."we are helping the game".....please go help yourselves.....they say "Its a problem"........no you are the problem.....they say "its stupid and outrageous".....no they are........
  • pinchyskriipinchyskrii Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    baburmis wrote: »
    - im not gonna pay $40 out of charity either.

- the game being f2p doesnt mean they have to try to make money on every single game feature other than combat. And it doesnt mean they have to sell mount + 2 bags (which are char bound mind you) for the price of one new p2p mmo game either.

Just because its f2p and they 'are not charity' doesnt mean they can charge whatever stupid prices they come up with. Well technially they can do it, but people will just ignore cash shop and not spend a dime on it.

You can mask it all you want but its just a shady f2p model, where they purposely target 5% of fanboys who will buy their cash shop items regardless of their price. They are just banking on that few % spending hundreds, if not thousands of $, to pay for everyone else. Because even if items were 2x more expensive, youd still have same people defending pwe and using same old 'but they need monies! they no charity, we must pay them so they dont starve'.

I'm glad some people are saying it so I don't have to.
  • cdnbisoncdnbison Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Alright so I love to RP and one of the main thing's I want in MMO's is to be unique in every possible way I can one of the ways I love to be unique is having a really cool mount. Now I decided to look on the Zen store this morning and I see you've added some new mounts (Awesome more content) so I take a little look and the prices for mounts on the store are 4k for an armored bear or wolf.. Are you kidding me ?? That's about what

You want to be unique, but want everyone to be able to have access to that oh-so-special mount? You won't be terribly unique that way...

You really want to be unique? Skip the big cash store mounts - find the mount that NO ONE wants or uses - the Ford Pinto of mounts - and use that.