test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Are you serious!?!?

Comments

• fearthemajorfearthemajor Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Don't blame PWE for this blame turbine LOL its about what you pay for an account wide mount in lotro. but turbine has an advantage they already had horse hoarders ( looks around innocently :rolleyes:) whom are compelled to have every horse in the game .

don't know if theses prices will work in this game or not, I am not compelled to buy one. honestly I don't care about any of the mounts they are currently offering, which is a new experience for me :confused:
  • spyke2009spyke2009 Member Posts: 674 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    baburmis wrote: »
    - im not gonna pay $40 out of charity either.

- the game being f2p doesnt mean they have to try to make money on every single game feature other than combat. And it doesnt mean they have to sell mount + 2 bags (which are char bound mind you) for the price of one new p2p mmo game either.

Just because its f2p and they 'are not charity' doesnt mean they can charge whatever stupid prices they come up with. Well technially they can do it, but people will just ignore cash shop and not spend a dime on it.

You can mask it all you want but its just a shady f2p model, where they purposely target 5% of fanboys who will buy their cash shop items regardless of their price. They are just banking on that few % spending hundreds, if not thousands of $, to pay for everyone else. Because even if items were 2x more expensive, youd still have same people defending pwe and using same old 'but they need monies! they no charity, we must pay them so they dont starve'.

+1 although it was pretty obvious.
  • hipolipolopigushipolipolopigus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Oe noes! A free game earning revenue from things that players will want which aren't essential?!

WHATEVER WILL WE DO?!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Want to know why Neverwinter is so laggy? Check out the "Latency" section in this thread.
  • grokit4chgrokit4ch Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Mounts are usefull for PvP... That's the problem for me. You pay 40$ to get more mobility in domination, so you can move from a point to an other really quickly.
  • xxxretsopmixxxretsopmi Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    grokit4ch wrote: »
    Mounts are usefull for PvP... That's the problem for me. You pay 40$ to get more mobility in domination, so you can move from a point to an other really quickly.

They need to nerf mounts in PvP anyways. To easy to drop combat and mount away in the middle of a fight. Also the mounts don't make the much of a difference outside of who gets where first.
  • engelier7engelier7 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I second the initial statement, prices for mounts are ridiculous.
  • cdmcgcdmcg Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If you wanted to play most current sub based MMO's today start fresh you would spend roughly $200-$250 dollars just for the ability to log into the game for one year. I dont exactly see why people are complaining that you could spend less then that in this game and play until the game dies.
  • pawlesspawless Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    When the game is charging ZEN for respec, it has gone too ****ing greedy.

INB4 Neverwinter Die Hard fanboys: YOU CAN FARM DIAMONDS AND SELL THEM FOR ZEN!!!!1
  • harbingerdrumharbingerdrum Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 151 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I have drunk up $80-100 dollars in a night. Nothing to show for it but no complaints because I had fun...

Need to look at this game same way. If it makes you happy, then its all good.

I doubt PWE is even looking at the people who say they will not, cannot, pay whatever for whatever. Simple fact is that some people are more than willing to drop cash for some cool looking thing and then go sit on the mail box to show it off.

QQing about how other people spend their money comes across as sort of envious and I doubt anyone who has spent money for some mount or kewl looking whatever really gives a XxxX what others think about it.
    the Book Binding series by @HarbingerDrum ----> Help Defeat Lolth's Minions
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

1- 20, 2- 35, 3- 18, 4- 20 min
    Comments to ->
    the Book Binding
  • yupp99yupp99 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 45
    edited May 2013
    Well I think the prices are high but oh well.If someone wants to buy at that price it is their business.Actually the only thing I care about is chr slots and you get 2 for 500 zen.I was paying 5 for 1 slot in GW1.So it is a good deal for me.I am maxed out on SWTOR for chrs.I would like to see this game do well which means they make money.I think they would be better off using the Mc Donald's approach because even in a bad economy they do good.As mentioned earlier you can earn Zen but if the prices were lower in my opinion more would grab stuff on impulse since it is only x amount of dollars.
  • bobzebrickbobzebrick Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    cdmcg wrote: »
    If you wanted to play most current sub based MMO's today start fresh you would spend roughly $200-$250 dollars just for the ability to log into the game for one year. I dont exactly see why people are complaining that you could spend less then that in this game and play until the game dies.

Like this game will have a playerbase in a year. This is the biggest Titanic cash grab job I've seen for a while, they really do have a sucessful whaling operation here.
  • munkey81munkey81 Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I really dont understand anyone complaining. If the best GEAR, in game..was in the cash shop, then yes, you would have my full support, as well as every other perso playing right now. But this is not Diablo 3, you do NOT need real $$ to make a truly epic character.

and Honestly, I bet quite a fiew of you, probably most of you, have played at one time in your life monthly prescription game. I sure have, quite a fiew actually. So lets just take one of my games. Everquest 1. I played for almost 7 years. 6 Expansion I think? At $50 a pop, as well as $15 a month.

5 Expansions = $250
    84 Months = $1,260

Total = $1,510, that I spent, when I was a young kid on ONE single game. Thats not of course including the other costs, computer, electric bills, internet etc.

So do I feel bad some things in the Zen shop, to YOU people are expensive? No..Not really, I'm actually constantly laughing at how much most of you cry as a matter of fact. Its like if you go to a clothing store. A pair of Silver Pants for my wife are $90-100+, do you think, if I complained to the manufacturer there "awesome" pants were too expensive they would suddenly drop the price? Lol of course they wouldnt, why? Because AWESOME PANTS ARENT NECESARRY TO SURVIVE! Get it? You dont "need" a cool mount, theres plenty of ****ty cheap ones you can level up and get the job done.

So no,...no one cares. Get a job and stop asking your mom for money to buy cool **** k thx bye`
  • boojakaboojaka Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    enderlin50 wrote: »
    They are priced high because of the Account Unlock. All characters get it.

does this also count for companions? Cause I bought a galeb duhr for my GWF, but I don't use that char anymore xD
    Barbarian.jpg
  • nornsavantnornsavant Member Posts: 311 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have heard the cash store referred to as a “stupid tax” but I don’t think that is the case really. There are people who pay for what they want in order to get it. Just that. There really is no other consideration than that for them. They see it, they want it and so they buy it and then they have it. It is a wonderfully linear progression from “want” to “have”.

If one is just dead set of calling it a tax of some sort, it would seem to me to be more of a “vanity tax” or “convenience tax”. You get things that make you look different or something that makes life in the game a little easier.

A little critical thinking, however, might unearth something else about the tax aspect of the cash store. Buying these items compliantly at these prices also shows you to be imminently taxable, a pliable cash base ready to be milked.

Will you pay for it?
    Ayup.
    How about at this price?
    Ayup.
    How about at this even higher price?
    Sure thing.
    Even at this much higher price?
    Heck yeah!
    Whooo Hoo!
    Whooo Hoo, why are we cheering?

That’s what the whiners and complainers are talking about here. They may be articulating it in different ways but if you are dropping that kind of cash on a pretend pony, believe me, anger is not the emotion they are feeling for you.

It seems David Hannum was right.
  • vertisonevertisone Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 67
    edited May 2013
    I could buy a Toyota but I bought a Tesla instead.
  • hurk97hurk97 Member Posts: 154 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    noosed wrote: »
    I think i'm starting to catch on. This is the situation of the "price is too high" complainers. "I play this game 18 hours a day, I don't have a job. I cannot afford to drop $30 on a mount!!! That must mean the price is too high, I should go to the forums and waste part of the 18 hours a day I spend doing absolutely nothing productive. Screw you PWE!!!!"

^^^^ This cuts through the drama.
  • nornsavantnornsavant Member Posts: 311 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    munkey81 wrote: »
    I bet quite a fiew of you, probably most of you, have played at one time in your life monthly prescription game.

With apologies to munkey81

Any game the requires a monthly prescription I don't want any of it
  • crauciocraucio Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    P2W is not acceptable, see diablo 3? That game is in the dump, and it wasn't really THAT bad, it was hard without having gear in inferno, but the fact that people could just buy gear and others couldn't made most people stop playing it, and to the guy that said that league of lesbians is a "low-budget starcraft type of game", what a brainfart, I don't like LoL, but that game made more millions than anyone would ever imagine in a few years, they are bigger than WoW, this game is a "low-budget WoW kind of game" that can be said, this game isn't the next big thing, it could have been something, but P2W is only accepted by spolied brats and unskilled players, its only going to last a few months untill ESO online comes out, or some of the other eastern MMOs that are going to be published.

I enjoy this game quite a bit, but PVP makes longevity, outside of a few people who have the time to spend in not getting better and just playing "fun" content, probably going back to dota until ESO comes around because my friends are really not that motivated to play, IF it wasn't P2W and a little more balance focused I would try to keep my friends playing it, but I just don't see reason to convince them that this game is worth it, I'm sure PW is going to be milking the leftovers and not caring if they could have made this game of the BIG games out there.

EDIT: I'm not concerned with mounts and cosmetics, I'm talking about professions and enchantments.

EDIT2: I'm charging 10 dollars to anyone who responds to me that is willing to pay 40 dollars for a magical horse in a game(what would your girl say? Oh wait you don't have one), just for the thought and time I will put in the response, since you seem to have infinite money.
    edited May 2013
    hurk97 wrote: »
    ^^^^ This cuts through the drama.

That doesn't cut the drama, 40 dollars is almost or IS the price for a new game.
  • nickdinenickdine Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I think people forget this game is also free to download. So why not just buy a mount, 4 extra character slots, and maybe an extra bag and pretend this is a normal priced game. lol
  • rgd98215rgd98215 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ^
    this
  • baburmisbaburmis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    craucio wrote: »
    That doesn't cut the drama, 40 dollars is almost or IS the price for a new game.

but but... devs have to eat too! And making mounts cost less than a new game would make our poor devs starve, so lets try to put things into perspective and respect devs/publishers needs too.

speaking of which, what do you think would happen to poor pwe suits if they change 1% enhancing success to something higher, and now you dont have to use $10 item any longer? Yes! You're right ! Yes you, im looking at you - you got it right - our publishers would starve too !

Now do we really want people making this game so hungry that they cant add more cash shop items in the future? Hell no, and thats why we should support this model, imo. Just to show them we do care about pwe/cryptic guys.

That way, by the time they add yet another, this time 10% faster mount to cash shop, and price it accordingly (50$ would be my bet) we wont have to worry about cash shop threads anymore, as most people starting treads like this one will be long gone, and only people who are willing to spend $50 on a mount will be here. Its a win win situation, isnt it?

So my suggestion would be, lets stop/ignore this cash shop threads madness, and let natural selection do its job :o)
  • baburmisbaburmis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    nickdine wrote: »
    I think people forget this game is also free to download. So why not just buy a mount, 4 extra character slots, and maybe an extra bag and pretend this is a normal priced game. lol

because once you do that, you still gotta buy... companions, enchants, respecs, extra bags you name it?

Pretty much everything in this game costs either AD or zen so your plan could work for maybe one char, or a couple of days :)

Btw you would need 4 bags, for your 4 extra chars, youd still have 1% success rate when it comes to enchanting rares, on all of your chars, and youd have to deck your toons into AD/Zen stuff. Ah and lets not forget companions, which you would need 4 of too. OH wait theres crafting too, you need crafting packs at higher lvls, but at least those are cheap, mere $15 a pop. I probably forgot something, but you get the picture.

thats our main complaint (mine at least). Its not that cash shop sells this or that. I could live with it selling just about everything, as long as its decently priced or available for gold in game. But right now its neither, and thats why we have 200 different cash shop threads :=)
  • infi321infi321 Member Posts: 311 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    bcvapor wrote: »
    hahaha. Is this the shiny new defense?

Oh so its on ALL characters now? Oh...oh..yeah lets pour stashes of money into the lame mount now!

Argument validated. Point taken. I shall withdraw to my chambers, Dark Master!
    "Your story may not last forever; but it will exist forever"
  • tacowizardtacowizard Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Dev #1: How can we get people to pay insanely high prices for this new mount?

Dev #2: I've got it! You know how our other mounts are only available to one character? Well this one we make available to all of their characters and double the price! Those morons will feel like they are getting a deal on a $40 video game horse.

Dev #1: Muhahahaha, that's genius. Let us retire to the money pool for a dip.
  • s1th1s1th1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You guys aren't locked to your chair being forced to play the game. If you want a 4k mount buy it, don't complain that you can't afford it. Would you walk into a clothing store and go.

'90 dollar jeans!!!!!!! THESE ARE JEANS!!!! LOL I BUY MINE AT GOODWILL FOR 5BUCKS! Do you guys have forum? cause Im going to complain my *** off about your 90$ jeans until you lower their price and I too can have these jeans that Im so jealous of'

And as to the comments of 'this game won't have a player base in a year so I won't pay it' FFXI still has a player base and that has a monthly subscription. People that have been paying to play that game for the last 6 years have spent more than 800$ + the cost of all the expansions. And that game is a POS!

AD can become Zen, Zen can become AD.

to sum it up using your troll dialect.

u mad
    edited May 2013
    nickdine wrote: »

Didn't OP mention he is a founder? that means he already did that, the problem is obviously not mounts and that kind of trash but things that give people advantage in actual gameplay
  • dominemesisdominemesis Member Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I work 60 hours a week, so please don't take this to be a rant by some basement dweller with no job. I've dropped quadruple digits on champions online, so don't think I'm cheap, either. My response to you has nothing to do with a lack of either of these 2 qualities.

My *sub* to other games costs less than a mount here does. Full month of play, for other cryptic games, costs half as much as our cheapest mount. I bought mass effect 3 *new* for as much as a top tier mount in this game costs. You can buy a refurbished Wii for as much as mounts in this game cost.

got an extra 5 bucks above the highest tier mount cost? how about a new ipod?

You can not be serious. Know what prompted my previous purchases? Small costs (12 bucks for a become device, at most, and that totally changed my appearance and powers, and was tradeable even after I used it), and value per transaction.

40 bucks for a cosmetic device in a video game is fully and completely insane, by any method you choose to measure it. I'm curious if we're gonna get the eve online monocle next. Hell, it's only 20 bucks more, why not 100 dollar vanity hats? This way I can see who's a moron in game, just by looking at their clothing.

QFT and /thread, you win!
  • platinuplatinu Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's a free game.

Extra stuff costs money.

Extra stuff is stuff you don't need to play the game. (i.e. You do NOT have to purchase any of it.)

Money is stuff the developers of the game use to pay their employees.

Employees help produce the free game and new extra stuff for that game.
  • jq99jq99 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Simple, dont buy one then