test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Bags, bank slots, respecs, character slots.

Comments

• Options
    spyke2009spyke2009 Member Posts: 674 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    noosed wrote: »
    You completely missed the point of my post, it is not about having to spend money for your girlfriend to be happy with you. It's about wanting to spend that money to make your experience better. If she's too high maintenance, get a new one. Dont be the ******* that doesnt give a girl (or a game) what she needs to thrive and make you happy.

If your girlfriend needs "things" to be happy, there's a lot of things wrong there and you're only proving the complaints not otherwise

The Neverwinter girlfriend: "Buy me things to prove you love me or else leave"

Oh take my wallet and bear my children oh wonderful mistress... xD hahahaha
  • Options
    jfoodjfood Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You completely missed the point of my post, it is not about having to spend money for your girlfriend to be happy with you. It's about wanting to spend that money to make your experience better. If she's too high maintenance, get a new one. Dont be the ******* that doesnt give a girl (or a game) what she needs to thrive and make you happy.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1103982/?ref_=sr_2

Dude...

Seriously...

C'mon...

It's kinda getting creepy.
  • Options
    imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    tiro12 wrote: »
    Regardless of your points, would you not want cheaper or free things?

I would like a free apartment, free insurance, a free car, free food, free internet, free computers, etc, but the truth is, I don't work for free either and I don't expect others to. I'm not "rich", but I don't mind paying for entertainment, and I feel Neverwinter is giving me a lot of fun and enjoyment for the money I gave them.

I am surprised how much of the game they give for free, and the lack of appreciation for this that is expressed by these threads is what irks me, hence why I disagree. It's not so much about the game itself, it's more about the principle. It's that "I played this game for a 100 hours and how DARE you ask me for even $5 for two more character slots?!" attitude that is so surreal that it just needs to be commented on. Cryptic/PWE owes you nothing.

They set prices and you either pay them or you don't (like I won't pay $30 for a companion for a single character, but I am not feeling violated in my human rights that they do; other people may not mind the cost, and there is a lot of stuff in the world that I would like to have, but simply cannot afford -- I don't go around demanding that Ferrari halves their prices or that Alienware sells their laptops as inexpensively as MSI).

I would understand these complaints a little better if there was a lower level cap for free players or if you had to pay extra for additional classes, or if there were pay-for dungeons. But none of that is the case. The only valid complaint, from my perspective, is the respec token, and we have beaten that dead horse for weeks now. The only outcome was that the price went from $5 to $6. :p
    Unsure about skills and feats? Check the Master List of Class Builds!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    imivo wrote: »
    I would like a free apartment, free insurance, a free car, free food, free internet, free computers, etc, but the truth is, I don't work for free either and I don't expect others to. I'm not "rich", but I don't mind paying for entertainment, and I feel Neverwinter is giving me a lot of fun and enjoyment for the money I gave them.

I am surprised how much of the game they give for free, and the lack of appreciation for this that is expressed by these threads is what irks me, hence why I disagree. It's not so much about the game itself, it's more about the principle. It's that "I played this game for a 100 hours and how DARE you ask me for even $5 for two more character slots?!" attitude that is so surreal that it just needs to be commented on. Cryptic/PWE owes you nothing.

They set prices and you either pay them or you don't (like I won't pay $30 for a companion for a single character, but I am not feeling violated in my human rights that they do; other people may not mind the cost, and there is a lot of stuff in the world that I would like to have, but simply cannot afford -- I don't go around demanding that Ferrari halves their prices or that Alienware sells their laptops as inexpensively as MSI).

I would understand these complaints a little better if there was a lower level cap for free players or if you had to pay extra for additional classes, or if there were pay-for dungeons. But none of that is the case. The only valid complaint, from my perspective, is the respec token, and we have beaten that dead horse for weeks now. The only outcome was that the price went from $5 to $6. :p

so far... you can't blame folks for being concerned, and yes that sometimes devolves into whining.
  • Options
    pinchyskriipinchyskrii Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    wolfzilva wrote: »
    What F2P games do you play that lets you turn in-game money into stuff you can use on the cash shop? And do not say GW2 that isn't F2P.

Can you explain how there not being a conversion in other games excuses the bad prices and gouging for basic systems that should be gold earnable or craftable?
  • Options
    noosednoosed Member Posts: 247 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    K if you're still stuck on the part where you think the girl "needs" things to be happy. Then you obviously have not been in a relationship either ever, or for more than 6 months. The things you purchase, are purchased to show that you still care and she is worth it. This is similar to this game because, believe it or not, it does cost money to run a F2P game. If you don't want to fork over a little bit of dough, then you're a ****** and you will not be relevant for long.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    shahualing wrote: »
    This is so epic fail it's painfully hilarious. It's like he just announced his virginity to teh interwebz.

I'm truly sorry friend. Some day my post will make sense to you, on that special day when you finally get to wet your d.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I dont know. If I were you start with googling "what's it like to have a girlfriend?"
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Follow it up with "How do I troll better?"
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Finish it off with "Where can I pick up my Zoloft prescription?"
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Sounds like bipolar disorder, sorry buddy :(
  • Options
    jfoodjfood Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Sounds like bipolar disorder, sorry buddy :(

Can you go back to being hillarious inspite of yerself instead of just boring?

I don't mind if you delve into creepy now and then, so more of your relationship advice please.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    K if you're still stuck on the part where you think the girl "needs" things to be happy. Then you obviously have not been in a relationship either ever, or for more than 6 months. The things you purchase, are purchased to show that you still care and she is worth it. This is similar to this game because, believe it or not, it does cost money to run a F2P game. If you don't want to fork over a little bit of dough, then you're a ****** and you will not be relevant for long.

LOL, ok ok I'll stop laughing and bite XD just for to see where you go with this.

I'm in a relationship for over a year now, it's the latest in my list of them, all reasonably long term all varying from good to bad etc, at 28 years of age it's to be expected. I mean I didn't grow up locked up under the stairs and I'm not the worst looking thing ever or dry or devoid of personality or charisma (shock horror) the one thing I can say for certain, is that no girl I've ever been with that has professed their love for me has ever in any way demanded anything of me in terms of what I buy them lol... that never even comes into the equation, it's all tertiary in fact, so I can honestly say I feel sorry for you if you feel that relationships with women, draw parallel to a "whaling" game company's terrible monetization practices... that REALLY doesn't say much for you, so I sincerely hope one human to another, that you lose that naive trait you seem to have and meet a decent gal for a change, one that's more than happy sitting in watching TV with you and just spending time with the guy who loves her and vice versa because it seems to be like you're a magnet for clowns.
  • Options
    vythicalvythical Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    He does have a point even tho using the girlfriend thing was kind of giggle worthy. How many times have you complained that the work you do in life isnt worth the amount of money you get paid?

You can have 2 types of people that play these games. The people that spend spend spend like its their job to buy stuff off the cash shop cause those are the types of games they like to play and they dont even think twice about it and than there are the people that stop and say to themselves "Is this worth it?" Who do you think carries the game in the end?

For example look at Runes of Magic. Not the best game in the world it is free to play with a cash shop. You would think it would be gone by now but its not cause it has a niche player base that use the cash shop extensively.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    It's when this guy named shahualing is all giddy on the forums making himself look like a bipolar roller coaster cuz it's one of his "upstreams". And then everyone is sad because they know at some point he has to come back down :(
  • Options
    fumoufufumoufu Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Don't bash zoloft homies, it's what keeps some people alive
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    How many women have you had shahualing? Be honest.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    lol it was a good troll though, seen through it too quickly but I just know that somewhere somehow, someone went "yeah that's right man" and fell right for it. sadly it was a bit of a cliche mmo forum troll, I mean "troll the basement dweller forever alones with relationship talk of womenz" is hardly original. The descent into ad hominem afterwards kinda sealed the deal for me as he'd spend his best material and just had one liners to fall back on. fun though, lots of fun.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    shahualing wrote: »
    Well it's clear that it's more than you...but what makes that an even sadder fact is that I am a woman.

:D

Suddenly it all makes sense. My post was a serious blow to your adventures of finding mr right. I know it hurts to know that men place vaginas and video games in similar places of importance. But i'm sure mr right is out there, and at least you're a gamer, that way you wont get too upset when he chooses neverwinter over your company.