test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Bags, bank slots, respecs, character slots.

Comments

• Options
    kimmurieloblodrakimmurieloblodra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This thread is ridiculously off-topic now, but +1 to the GF analogy noosed, I understood.
  • Options
    grikgidgrikgid Member Posts: 35
    edited May 2013
    I have spent a lot of money in other f2p games. The problem with charging so much money for typical aspects of the game is that I don't want to and when I do I feel like I am getting screwed. Make me want to buy stuff not force me into these inconvenient situations that just frustrate me to the point of paying for it. So in the end I feel like "ahhh they got me" instead of "oh look at this cool new thing I got for my character!" I feel like I am dealing with bank or credit card company.

You express the screwed over feeling rather well. I want to feel good about buying too, not feeling pushed into it by unsubtle mechanics that are clearly designed to get us to dip into our pockets again and again. I am happy to spend on games, but not if I feel so obviously coerced to do so.
  • Options
    noosednoosed Member Posts: 247 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    For the record, it wasn't a troll, the two are eerily similar.
  • Options
    jfoodjfood Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    shahualing wrote: »
    Eh....3/10.

You aren't even really trying anymore are you?

He's really upped the creepshow factor. Maybe he's trying to be creative and branch out.

Lil' misogynist and avant garde for my tastes, but who am I to say what 'art' truly is.
  • Options
    kimmurieloblodrakimmurieloblodra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Kimmur...really? After all the discussion, you...really said "me too"?

He's a troll, he's trying to get mouth breathing basement dwellers to agree with him.
    Kimmur...really? After all the discussion, you...really said "me too"?

He's a troll, he's trying to get mouth breathing basement dwellers to agree with him.

didn't read all of the discussion, most of it looked like banter becuase he compared a video game to a GF. But I do agree with the essence of the post. This game is awesome, you should feel like you want to spend 20$ on it, and you are fooling yourself if you think cryptic doesn't deserve it.

EDIT: I hope you aren't thinking I'm supposed to be all disgusted, because im not a chick, kimmuriel is the leader of Bregan D'aerthe :P
  • Options
    dreadlordmikeydreadlordmikey Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm coming into this argument late, so what I offer is likely irrelevant, but there is a point I'd like to make.

The developers have an obligation to maintain a financially viable game for as long as they can. Since the game is free to play, they have to monetize it, and those items they offer have to be priced in such a way as to satisfy that long-term viability. Part of that viability includes things like development costs, office space, software licensing, payroll, utility bills, contracts with third parties (including Hasbro, Blizzard, and whomever else is involved) and so on. The costs are enormous.

There is a pricing sweet spot. That sweet spot is the point where the price is low enough that people will be willing to buy an item in large enough numbers to justify its low cost without creating a loss of revenue. The problem is predicting that sweet spot, especially early in the game. Keeping the costs at that sweet spot actually benefits the business, because more people buy the product, keeping sales on a relatively even keel.

Having said all that, I am in favor of lower costs, so long as they do not represent a loss of revenue and promote the long-term viability of the game.

In general, I agree with the OP. I do not want everything to be free. I want them priced as close to the sweet spot as possible, and if they already are, I'll deal with it.
    "Over the course of my many years I have learned one thing: I don't know anything, I only think I do. And I'm not even sure about that." -- Rasgard the Wise
  • Options
    bsethbseth Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They've completely cut themselves off from receiving any money from me - I was planning to get some convenience items and maybe splurge a bit once in a while but the prices are just too inane to accept. So, instead I'll play through the story-quests and perhaps try a few epic dungeons and if I can be bothered I'll play the professions mini-game as far as I can get until some arbitrary cashgrab turns up there as well.

Not that I mind really, my gaming backlog is effin Huuuge.
  • Options
    jfoodjfood Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Folks...things just got weird.

Playing two roles is apparently one of the hardest challenges an actor can undertake. Sure it's a little hamfisted and obvious, but I admire the tenacity.

Things got weird two pages ago, this is circling the drain before lock. Good times.
  • Options
    valtrayvaltray Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    too bloody expensive
  • Options
    ahrimavizxahrimavizx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'd much rather just pay $60 once, or even $15 a month to have all the content unlocked. That, or they should give the $200 founders pack something worthwhile. *cough*
  • Options
    annihilatoreannihilatore Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i totally agree with this. i could have 15$/month sub or maybe more for this game. Zen market system really ruining this game. 10$ for bag? is it joke? I ll not spent any penny. They should give option to go pay to play. They can make more profit.
  • Options
    junigenmukyokujunigenmukyoku Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I like how people bring up the 'this game is f2p and they need to make money.' So do games like LoL, PoE, and etc. They're f2p, but don't make you feel ripped off when buying their items. It's not about the company needing to make money here, it's just pure greed. To get as much money as possible with this hype before the game dies. They probably don't have a long term goal for this game.
  • Options
    zeuseason411zeuseason411 Member Posts: 107
    edited May 2013
    I'd dig a sub option for this game if it meant I'd have character slots (at least 4), crafted bags for all my characters (not just 1 for 1 character @ $6), tiered respecs, bank slots with in-game currency, etc....

This is easily worth 9.99/mo or 14.99/mo which could net PF or Cryptic 15mil+ a month. Otherwise, I won't likely pay a dime for this game and just stop playing at some point in the future.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I like how people bring up the 'this game is f2p and they need to make money.' So do games like LoL, PoE, and etc. They're f2p, but don't make you feel ripped off when buying their items. It's not about the company needing to make money here, it's just pure greed. To get as much money as possible with this hype before the game dies. They probably don't have a long term goal for this game.

Don't feel ripped off by PoE and LoL? Are you kidding me? In those games, you spend money on pixel shading. At least in NWO I get something for my money other than something cosmetics.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I'd dig a sub option for this game if it meant I'd have character slots (at least 4), crafted bags for all my characters (not just 1 for 1 character @ $6), tiered respecs, bank slots with in-game currency, etc....

This is easily worth 9.99/mo or 14.99/mo which could net PF or Cryptic 15mil+ a month. Otherwise, I won't likely pay a dime for this game and just stop playing at some point in the future.

Likewise, I wouldn't pay 14.99 a month for ANY game, but I will buy small items here and there in this game.
  • Options
    cyresofbsgocyresofbsgo Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ahrimavizx wrote: »
    I'd much rather just pay $60 once, or even $15 a month to have all the content unlocked. That, or they should give the $200 founders pack something worthwhile. *cough*

lol, actually I would think the HotN would get "lifer status" and the guardians would get 120 days of sub, while gold sub gets sold for $15 a month,as soon as they start offering the subs (and at the prices they have the stores at... they really need to start offering subs, and give the founders a few months of "prepaid")

note: in these figures of HotN getting lifer and Gaurdian getting 120 days vet. the following would happen, so that others don't say "oh but they already got everything they should"

anything that both founder packs have, would be the 100 day vet award.

anything HotN has but Guardian doesn't would ether be lifer only award (mount/companion) or a 400 day vet award granted early if you have life (VIP room)

the things Guardian got, but HotN didn't (mount/companion/glow-ring) would ether be an vet award (obtained earlier than normal), or a Zen store item
    _________

with this "system" the only real bonus past what HotN and Guardian, already got would be the monthly stipend, and being labeled as 120 days of vet already completed (but the 100 day awards being what was already given, so they get nothing but the counter of vet award days being 120 days ahead)

the prices on the founder packs would fit nicely to support this "change to sub" system, based on the pricing of the other Cryptic sub systems (with the automatically starting at 120 day vet, being the "pre-order" bonus, instead of waiting 100 days to get what was in the packs)
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    If this game gets a sub model, I, and many others I'm sure, will be gone.
  • Options
    annihilatoreannihilatore Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lol, actually I would think the HotN would get "lifer status" and the guardians would get 120 days of sub, while gold sub gets sold for $15 a month,as soon as they start offering the subs (and at the prices they have the stores at... they really need to start offering subs, and give the founders a few months of "prepaid")

note: in these figures of HotN getting lifer and Gaurdian getting 120 days vet. the following would happen, so that others don't say "oh but they already got everything they should"

anything that both founder packs have, would be the 100 day vet award.

anything HotN has but Guardian doesn't would ether be lifer only award (mount/companion) or a 400 day vet award granted early if you have life (VIP room)

the things Guardian got, but HotN didn't (mount/companion/glow-ring) would ether be an vet award (obtained earlier than normal), or a Zen store item
    _________

with this "system" the only real bonus past what HotN and Guardian, already got would be the monthly stipend, and being labeled as 120 days of vet already completed (but the 100 day awards being what was already given, so they get nothing but the counter of vet award days being 120 days ahead)

the prices on the founder packs would fit nicely to support this "change to sub" system, based on the pricing of the other Cryptic sub systems (with the automatically starting at 120 day vet, being the "pre-order" bonus, instead of waiting 100 days to get what was in the packs)

I like it !
  • Options
    edited May 2013

if it doesn't get a sub model, you and many others would still be gone, once you realize how many months of AD it costs to do anything at lvl 60.

sub is needed, unless they cut all costs by more than 90% off... I already see it coming, I'm not expecting even close to good gear, for 2 years... I simply can't afford the $ needed to get the best stuff, and remove enchantments to upgrade, buy bags for 7+ toons...

heck 7 toons, 4 of the 1K Zen bags each to have largest bag space posable = 28K ken, or $280, just for bags, but add a sub system and an ocasional bag as a vet award, and it starts getting manageable.
  • Options
    bridgemongerbridgemonger Member Posts: 194 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    it actually worked out the other way around for many, many, other games. Fact.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dX_1B0w7Hzc
    60cw 51tr 16dc 5gf
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I like it !

lol, well copy paste it into suggestions.. I have relatives visiting, and am worn out.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    if it doesn't get a sub model, you and many others would still be gone, once you realize how many months of AD it costs to do anything at lvl 60.

sub is needed, unless they cut all costs by more than 90% off... I already see it coming, I'm not expecting even close to good gear, for 2 years... I simply can't afford the $ needed to get the best stuff, and remove enchantments to upgrade, buy bags for 7+ toons...

heck 7 toons, 4 of the 1K Zen bags each to have largest bag space posable = 28K ken, or $280, just for bags, but add a sub system and an ocasional bag as a vet award, and it starts getting manageable.

'toons' .... typical WoW'er wanting this game to be WoW 2.0 ... Dude why in the hell do you need 7 characters? And why do you need bags for all of them?

And why can't you be smart, like the rest of us, and just rip off the scrubs on the AH to make AD? ...
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    it actually worked out the other way around for many, many, other games. Fact.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dX_1B0w7Hzc

forum ignored, I've had enough of your subtle blizzard advertisements over the past couple of days.

Hope you don't 'drop the controller'
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    'toons' .... typical WoW'er wanting this game to be WoW 2.0 ... Dude why in the hell do you need 7 characters? And why do you need bags for all of them?

And why can't you be smart, like the rest of us, and just rip off the scrubs on the AH to make AD? ...

why dont you have sex more than one way? Do you always do it the same way? And why dont you carry more bags to more efficent at ripping off scrubs?
    60cw 51tr 16dc 5gf
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    forum ignored, I've had enough of your subtle blizzard advertisements over the past couple of days.

Hope you don't 'drop the controller'

Jeez, im crushed. A shot to be friends with superior intellect like yours, lost, what shall I do?
    60cw 51tr 16dc 5gf
  • Options
    shattrnerdsshattrnerds Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I agree OP. These items are the cornerstone of all classic, successful MMOS. These features NEVER should have been monetized imo. Leave the monetization to cosmetic and/or vanity items only. Core game mechanics NEED to achieved via a REASONABLE time investment or in game currency that is EARNED not bought/converted. NW could easily still sustain and thrive without the monetization of such features. They overreached imo
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I have $70 in my budget left this year for gaming. Not because I can't, but don't want to spend anymore. The fact that bottles of cold water in the hell of a small bank space, and small bag space, are going for what they are going for ... and that if I try to experiment with builds on a new game in beta for 2 character slots, since toon is so offensive ... would be over what it would cost for me to play many other games fora whole year or more is ... well ... stupid.

Not to mention when I am trying to enjoy the play time, the queue and loot systems are broke and there's absolutely no feedback on any of these 3 issues for me.

Me paying for all this **** at a reduced rate for 7 characters is better than 1 ****** that's a HON saying you don't have to buy anything.
    60cw 51tr 16dc 5gf