test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Bags, bank slots, respecs, character slots.

123457»

Comments

• Options
    cyresofbsgocyresofbsgo Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    'toons' .... typical WoW'er wanting this game to be WoW 2.0 ... Dude why in the hell do you need 7 characters? And why do you need bags for all of them?

And why can't you be smart, like the rest of us, and just rip off the scrubs on the AH to make AD? ...

why do I need bag space on 7 toons, or why do I need 7 toons?

enchantments = 4 or more difrent types, with 8 or more ranks (each takes a difrent slot of invintory)
    runes = 5 or more types, with 8 or more ranks (each takes up a difrent slot in invintory)
    potions = 8 or more types, and 4 or more ranks (each takes up a difrent slot of inventory)

that's
    32 slots
    40 slots
    32 slots
    for a tottal of 104 slots right there alone, not includeing gear colllected for alternet graphics on outfits, and gear collected for difrent builds, and the nummorus diffrent dyes.

do you THINK, that not getting toons to mule the stuff is going to work with 30 invintory (main bag) 18 (quest bag) 12 (quest bag) and 16 (bank)?
    that's only 46 slots, enchantments/runes/potions ALONE, will use up 104 slots, you will need 2 mules if you never buy a bag/bank slot, and frankly the 92 slots from the 500 Zen 2 toons is more value than 600Zen for 16 slot bank or 1KZen for 24 slot bag
  • Options
    tiro12tiro12 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ahrimavizx wrote: »
    I'd much rather just pay $60 once, or even $15 a month to have all the content unlocked. That, or they should give the $200 founders pack something worthwhile. *cough*

I agree with you totally, this game, to me is worthy of a subscription, and I think it would stay afloat with that model. I think they figure they can make more money with the ala carte model. Free to play is just a way to get a potential customer into the store, then they get them hooked, then they get them spending ridiculous amounts of money on items they simply "must have" to play the game.

I dont mind the free to play model as I played and love DDO's system. Neverwinter's system needs some looking into, I see some things I would like to spend money on but sheesh...
  • Options
    bridgemongerbridgemonger Member Posts: 194 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    despite what all of you PWE goons believe, you do not account as feedback or tracking from a developer. You can't even look through the dev tracker without seeing endless posts by peoples that are not DeVs.

This has all happened before, and it will all happen again. Aion, Aoc, Rift, SWtOR, LoTro,

Dead game. there will be a missing massive-multiplayer element.

and it will be because of things like this, and the queue, and the loot being broke.
    60cw 51tr 16dc 5gf
  • Options
    kimmurieloblodrakimmurieloblodra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    why do I need bag space on 7 toons, or why do I need 7 toons?

enchantments = 4 or more difrent types, with 8 or more ranks (each takes a difrent slot of invintory)
    runes = 5 or more types, with 8 or more ranks (each takes up a difrent slot in invintory)
    potions = 8 or more types, and 4 or more ranks (each takes up a difrent slot of inventory)

that's
    32 slots
    40 slots
    32 slots
    for a tottal of 104 slots right there alone, not includeing gear colllected for alternet graphics on outfits, and gear collected for difrent builds, and the nummorus diffrent dyes.

do you THINK, that not getting toons to mule the stuff is going to work with 30 invintory (main bag) 18 (quest bag) 12 (quest bag) and 16 (bank)?
    that's only 46 slots, enchantments/runes/potions ALONE, will use up 104 slots, you will need 2 mules if you never buy a bag/bank slot, and frankly the 92 slots from the 500 Zen 2 toons is more value than 600Zen for 16 slot bank or 1KZen for 24 slot bag

Not PWE's fault you are a pack-rat. If you want to hold on to every little shiny you find, buy some bags. Most of us don't bother with < level 4 enchants, by the way. I make it work with two CHARACTERS. And I don't need mules to move stuff around, either. Both CHARACTERS' inventories' are independant of each others.

potions, 8 or more types, are you full-<font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>? At best, you need three (current level of healing, fortification, + 1 boost for your dps/class, like power, crit, recovery, whatever)

And you have a belt for those 3.

Like I said, not their fault you are a pack-rat who has to hold on to L10 potions at lvl 60.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Not PWE's fault you are a pack-rat. If you want to hold on to every little shiny you find, buy some bags. Most of us don't bother with < level 4 enchants, by the way. I make it work with two CHARACTERS. And I don't need mules to move stuff around, either. Both CHARACTERS' inventories' are independant of each others.

potions, 8 or more types, are you full-<font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>? At best, you need three (current level of healing, fortification, + 1 boost for your dps/class, like power, crit, recovery, whatever)

And you have a belt for those 3.

Like I said, not their fault you are a pack-rat who has to hold on to L10 potions at lvl 60.

explaining why you would want these things, would revel strategies/tactics, that you have proven you do not have access to, so I'm not going to state the reasons why your point is not correct.
  • Options
    kimmurieloblodrakimmurieloblodra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    explaining why you would want these things, would revel strategies/tactics, that you have proven you do not have access to, so I'm not going to state the reasons why your point is not correct.

Yep quite the strategy holding on to lesser healing pots and lvl 1 enchants mhhhmmm quite the good strategy you got there.

I wish I was as elite as you and had access to these strats that require me to heal myself for 1k when my HP pool is 32K mhmm
  • Options
    hurk97hurk97 Member Posts: 154 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I agree with the other items being overpriced and hurting the number of potential buyers, but character slots (2 for $5) seemed reasonable to me.
  • Options
    bridgemongerbridgemonger Member Posts: 194 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    hurk97 wrote: »
    I agree with the other items being overpriced and hurting the number of potential buyers, but character slots (2 for $5) seemed reasonable to me.
    that is what makes 6 dollars for respec and 10 for a bag insulting.
    60cw 51tr 16dc 5gf
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Yep quite the strategy holding on to lesser healing pots and lvl 1 enchants mhhhmmm quite the good strategy you got there.

I wish I was as elite as you and had access to these strats that require me to heal myself for 1k when my HP pool is 32K mhmm

shrugs, that one I'll tell you as a freebe.

when out of combat heal pots of that low level have little to no cooldown = you can drink them back to back after a fight to reach max HP quicker than dropping an alter, but not using up any of the high cost, current level pots, allowing you to rush the next mob a lot sooner than you would = more "loot per minute"
  • Options
    ancipitalavengerancipitalavenger Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    shrugs, that one I'll tell you as a freebe.

when out of combat heal pots of that low level have little to no cooldown = you can drink them back to back after a fight to reach max HP quicker than dropping an alter, but not using up any of the high cost, current level pots, allowing you to rush the next mob a lot sooner than you would = more "loot per minute"

Heh, on top of all of the issues people bring up here, imagine being a "loyal customer" who bought Founders packs, only to find out most of the items you receive take up additional bag space. Not only does that make the items WAY less valuable itself, but I end up just deleting most of them (Robe of Useless items anyone - Why?). Every time I make a new character, and go through getting my "bonus" items, I keep hearing a voice in my head that says, "Thanks for your purchase sucker".

That said, I think the packs are valuable, just the non-helpful, and space filling attitude of Perfect World to practically force people to buy items instead of offering a good value to their customer base to encourage people to buy items is a terrible business choice. But that's just me and my opinion. Thanks for listening.