test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Bags, bank slots, respecs, character slots.

Comments

• Options
    noosednoosed Member Posts: 247 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Validity to the point that too many people think their opinions matter, yes. If you dont want to pay, dont. If that makes you not want to play, dont. There are many other games out there, enjoy!
  • Options
    nazcac02nazcac02 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Even as a Founder, the prices just for a bag do seem extra high. I just bought a 24 slot bag yesterday. I too think some of the item prices should come down a bit considering for what they are.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Oh wait, let me guess. "No! I want to play this game, this game is not set up the way I want it so you need to change it." Hello countless number of entitled twits, hows your Xth day of being unemployed going?
  • Options
    jfoodjfood Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    tiro12 wrote: »
    Holy hell, you think spending 85 dollars per character in a video game is reasonable? Not everyone is well off like you buddy.

Why the F are so many people defending the price of items anyways? Is it not BENEFICIAL for all of us to have lower prices? Wether you are ok with spending two thousand dollars on a game or not wouldn't having to pay less money for a game be a good thing??? Why are you people arguing so cryptic makes more money? Something seems fishy....

People who get rolled don't like being told they were. Take the 'Heroes of the North', when all was said and done they got a ten slot bag and a single respec token. $200 for a slightly faster horse I farmed up during the duration of two rental tokens.

They will be on the frontline calling you 'a dirty poor'. Behind them, people who like to troll and could really go either way on the issue depending which forum account they're logged into. Staying in character is important while trolling. After that you get the mods who say silly stuff like 'when the game goes into release state you'll be able to test feats and abilities for bugs without having to pay $6'.

I don't think there are any paid shills on here, just the foolish and the bored.
  • Options
    raal1raal1 Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    These threads are so pointless. Cryptic/PWE have exact numbers on all aspects of the cash shop. Your opinions on these forums regarding this matter are meaningless. They simply look at their numbers and decide what prices are going to make them the most money. Your actions in game i.e. how much you do or do not spend have some impact. Crying and flaming on the forums about it, not so much.
  • Options
    riven84riven84 Member, Banned Users Posts: 574 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    spyke2009 wrote: »
    ...give them hell over releasing more fluff for the cash shop instead of prioritizing the bugs.
    This is gold right here.

Actually, it's not. As with any game of this nature, different teams with different expertise are responsible for these things; they work in parallel.

Nice try!
  • Options
    tiro12tiro12 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ok Noosed so there are a lot of people complaining over the wierd pricing model cryptic has, and you are ok with it obviously. But you want everyone to just suck it up and pay high prices even if there is a chance cryptic will listen and lower prices?
  • Options
    imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Why the F are so many people defending the price of items anyways? Is it not BENEFICIAL for all of us to have lower prices? Wether you are ok with spending two thousand dollars on a game or not wouldn't having to pay less money for a game be a good thing??? Why are you people arguing so cryptic makes more money? Something seems fishy....

People make up silly numbers that are completely surreal, like your two thousand dollars.

I'll answer your question, though. My issue with the complaints is the demanding and whiny nature in which they are presented. This overwhelming and suffocating sense of entitlement that some people here display, and the complete disregard for the fact that you are given the entire game, the entire content for free. All classes, all zones, all game modes, all levels, all dungeons. Neverwinter gives you MORE content than many of the $60 games that come out, and that is completely ignored. Just like the fact that I could give you a list of RPGs that give you LESS inventory space than you get here, with no way to upgrade it.

To me personally it doesn't matter if a bag costs $10 or $5. I don't need any for my alts. I do mind the $6 respec tokens, out of principle. The mounts are perfectly fine priced -- not much more than what they cost in games that charge a subscription fee and still have cash stores. Dyes are expensive, outfits are fine, services are cheaper than in most games. Companions should be account bound. (But do I complain? Nope. I just don't buy them as long as they are for one character only.)

So, TL;DR: Constructive criticism = good. Thinking companies are like your parents and owe you anything = bad. I also think people who have played this game for 20+ hours (and many of them have played it much longer) and haven't supported it financially in any form are not in a place to complain, moan or make demands. You are not a customer.
    Unsure about skills and feats? Check the Master List of Class Builds!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I think it's absolutely pointless to continue making threads stating the prices are too high, when evidence shows the complete opposite. People have been and will continue to purchase the items in the cash shop so what are you doing. You are sitting there saying "well compared to such and such decade old subscription MMO these prices are too high". Well if you think that argument has even a gimped out busted up burned out bled out leg to stand on then you're delusional.
  • Options
    imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    shahualing wrote: »
    You NEED to buy wardstones, a lot of them.

I think the ward stones are fine, but the failure rate after rank 5 is not. It should be at least 10%, and ideally 25%. That would still take time and provide incentive to buy the ward stones, but it won't be as off feeling as 1%.
    Unsure about skills and feats? Check the Master List of Class Builds!
  • Options
    bloodletter24bloodletter24 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    soooo paying

85 dollars+55 dollars=140 dollars....

is ok to you? good lord man i can almost get 3 AAA titles for that much money... or i could get a sub mmo for over half a year for that price... also not factoring in wards...which is around 160 dollars or so for 1 character better tack that on to both characters... so thats what 300 dollars? i mean for crying out loud... if you people have that kind of budget then kudos but most of us dont.

For REAL! Nicely put.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    And I disagree Raal1 (obviously you have ooodles of money to pay for heroes of the north) a lot of MMo's listen to their gamers. From EQ to DDO they have altered the game because of gamer outcry. SO obviously you are on the side of "let them eat cake" but think for a second, what if there is a slim chance you can pay LESS for something, wouldnt that actually be cool to you?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    And I disagree Raal1 (obviously you have ooodles of money to pay for heroes of the north) a lot of MMo's listen to their gamers. From EQ to DDO they have altered the game because of gamer outcry. SO obviously you are on the side of "let them eat cake" but think for a second, what if there is a slim chance you can pay LESS for something, wouldnt that actually be cool to you?

AKA well we might be able to screw them out of a buck, lets whine like little girls and see if it works!
  • Options
    solresolsolresol Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I would have gladly traded my Guardian pack robe of useless things for a 24 slot bag. Heck throw in the glowing ring too!
  • Options
    spyke2009spyke2009 Member Posts: 674 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    This is gold right here.

As in NWO gold? I'm offended you think so lowly of what I said.... xD nah I'm kidding I don't care either way.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    imivo wrote: »
    People make up silly numbers that are completely surreal, like your two thousand dollars.

I'll answer your question, though. My issue with the complaints is the demanding and whiny nature in which they are presented. This overwhelming and suffocating sense of entitlement that some people here display, and the complete disregard for the fact that you are given the entire game, the entire content for free. All classes, all zones, all game modes, all levels, all dungeons. Neverwinter gives you MORE content than many of the $60 games that come out, and that is completely ignored. Just like the fact that I could give you a list of RPGs that give you LESS inventory space than you get here, with no way to upgrade it.

To me personally it doesn't matter if a bag costs $10 or $5. I don't need any for my alts. I do mind the $6 respec tokens, out of principle. The mounts are perfectly fine priced -- not much more than what they cost in games that charge a subscription fee and still have cash stores. Dyes are expensive, outfits are fine, services are cheaper than in most games. Companions should be account bound. (But do I complain? Nope. I just don't buy them as long as they are for one character only.)

So, TL;DR: Constructive criticism = good. Thinking companies are like your parents and owe you anything = bad. I also think people who have played this game for 20+ hours (and many of them have played it much longer) and haven't supported it financially in any form are not in a place to complain, moan or make demands. You are not a customer.

Umm clearly you missed the joke of an exaggeration in the two thousand dollars for a game that is why I made the amount so high buddy. Regardless of your points, would you not want cheaper or free things? Everyone likes saving money or getting things for free, I am at a loss of understanding why people are so mad at the people making these threads. Why defend the business model? Is there any indication cryptic is going under and the game will stop? If that was the case then yes, I will be there with the rest of you saying "stop making these threads!"
    That however, is not the case, so why argue, why not just stay out of it and if it happens, awesome, you just saved money.
  • Options
    kaosapekaosape Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I agree with the author, however:

The problem here in this game is that it is simulair to WoW, can't deny that and people who played WoW will understand what I will be writing. The major issue is that you need to pay in the shop for freedom in the game. People want to be in a different world and play this game without being faced with the Zen shop for a lot of things. This F2P paying system works but not for this game if you ask me. You lack the freedom, if you want to play this game to it's fullest you will need to pay and pay and pay with small amounts, which a lot of people dont like. If you want to respec to try something out you will need to buy Zen and do it. Instead of just paying with ingame currency and respec. The problem here is that you need to do another step which a lot of people dont like to do. They would be better off with a sub based payment system and give all the freedom to the players which they want. Like giving bags, respeccing etc. There can still be a shop for cool skins etc. but thats just an extra and not the way how this game is being played and payed at the moment .

This post will bring up a lot of flame like it always does, so please just lean back and think about it. This is why people want to play these kind of games and just have fun with their friends. If it costs like 10-15 bucks a month there will be no problems cause they wont be faced with making transactions all the time if they want something. Which discourrage to play this game to the 100% and enjoy it.

Kind regards,

KaosApe
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    imivo wrote: »

Just cos you bring up an interesting point of "there are other mmo's that give you less bag space etc etc"

Why would we compare any game with the lowest common denominators? lol that's like saying

"sure it has the random lockboxes of cash grabbiness, BUT it's ok because at least they're not as bad as ZT online's ones"

A slightly less rubbish monetization element, is barely worth mentioning in terms of a positive.
    kaosape wrote: »
    I agree with the author, however:

The problem here in this game is that it is simulair to WoW, can't deny that and people who played WoW will understand what I will be writing. The major issue is that you need to pay in the shop for freedom in the game. People want to be in a different world and play this game without being faced with the Zen shop for a lot of things. This F2P paying system works but not for this game if you ask me. You lack the freedom, if you want to play this game to it's fullest you will need to pay and pay and pay with small amounts, which a lot of people dont like. If you want to respec to try something out you will need to buy Zen and do it. Instead of just paying with ingame currency and respec. The problem here is that you need to do another step which a lot of people dont like to do. They would be better off with a sub based payment system and give all the freedom to the players which they want. Like giving bags, respeccing etc. There can still be a shop for cool skins etc. but thats just an extra and not the way how this game is being played and payed at the moment .

This post will bring up a lot of flame like it always does, so please just lean back and think about it. This is why people want to play these kind of games and just have fun with their friends. If it costs like 10-15 bucks a month there will be no problems cause they wont be faced with making transactions all the time if they want something. Which discourrage to play this game to the 100% and enjoy it.

Kind regards,

KaosApe

they're not that small
    :P
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Here's another way to think about it. I know a lot of you probably wont be able to relate to this, but try at least, in theory. Pretend for now, that you have a girlfriend, she is brand new, and has a lot of new experiences to offer you. In the beginning she is free, but eventually, you SHOULD want to buy her things, as this will make her happier and provide a better girlfriend experience for you. Maybe this girl is a little higher maintenance than previous girlfriends, here are your choices. You can either say, hey, I'm not paying an extra $5 for that item for you. Previous girlfriends I've had didn't demand that much, so why don't you pick something else out, cuz you're just not worth it. Or should you be appreciative of the "items" she has to offer, pay the extra $5, and continue life happily? Choose wisely.
  • Options
    jfoodjfood Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    noosed wrote: »
    Here's another way to think about it. I know a lot of you probably wont be able to relate to this, but try at least, in theory. Pretend for now, that you have a girlfriend, she is brand new, and has a lot of new experiences to offer you. In the beginning she is free, but eventually, you SHOULD want to buy her things, as this will make her happier and provide a better girlfriend experience for you. Maybe this girl is a little higher maintenance than previous girlfriends, here are your choices. You can either say, hey, I'm not paying an extra $5 for that item for you. Previous girlfriends I've had didn't demand that much, so why don't you pick something else out, cuz you're just not worth it. Or should you be appreciative of the "items" she has to offer, pay the extra $5, and continue life happily? Choose wisely.

"Girlfriend Experience"... in a post about money and how you gotta spend it on women for them to be happy with you.

This thread just keeps on giving.
  • Options
    edited May 2013

d71.jpg
    jfood wrote: »
    This thread just keeps on giving.

as does he, apparently.
  • Options
    kaosapekaosape Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You sir just made my day !
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    You completely missed the point of my post, it is not about having to spend money for your girlfriend to be happy with you. It's about wanting to spend that money to make your experience better. If she's too high maintenance, get a new one. Dont be the ******* that doesnt give a girl (or a game) what she needs to thrive and make you happy.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    shahualing wrote: »
    BAHAHAHA!

I love that image.

genuinely laughing so much.... hurts... haha... I keep reading it and thinking, hilarious troll is hilarious right down to the preface of "most of you wont' relate to this"

Umad nerds trolololllzors....

2/10... cos it made me laugh xD and yes, this thread keeps giving xD
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    As I had already stated, I know a lot of you wont be able to relate.