Install Arc
Options

Patch Notes NW.1.20130416a.19

Comments

• Options
    bobanfoksbobanfoks Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    naeuuin wrote: »
    seriously? gonna complain that they are not fixing bugs fast enough? OB started 9 days ago. wow.. just wow...

This +1
  • Options
    kilyan82xkilyan82x Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    this thread should be called open beta fools-.-
    CPU:PHENOM II X4 965@3.9 GHZ
    MOBO:ASROCK 890GX EXTREME 3
    RAM:8GB 1600 MHZ
    SSD:SAMSUNG 830
    VGA:ASUS 560 TI DCII TOP 900/1800/2100
  • Options
    ixotlixotl Member Posts: 310 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm getting timeouts trying to connect to the login server. Any update on an up-time estimate?
  • Options
    pesoarespesoares Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ixotl wrote: »
    I'm getting timeouts trying to connect to the login server. Any update on an up-time estimate?

Me too u_u NW please.
  • Options
    kilyan82xkilyan82x Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    pesoares wrote: »
    Me too u_u NW please.
    servers down for emergency maintainance for around 2 hours more
    CPU:PHENOM II X4 965@3.9 GHZ
    MOBO:ASROCK 890GX EXTREME 3
    RAM:8GB 1600 MHZ
    SSD:SAMSUNG 830
    VGA:ASUS 560 TI DCII TOP 900/1800/2100
  • Options
    xareaxarea Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kilyan82x wrote: »
    if it is open beta usually lasts for a specific period, and this is not the case. An open beta without any time limit stinks, thy ar hiding release lacks like that so people take it with philosophy cause it's still in beta phase.
    Wake up guys!

Was there ever a closed Beta for this game? or did they just leave it up to a Q/A staff? I've played 1 closed beta for Aeriagames before & the only thing we couldn't test was the economy since the devs didn't want to make players pay for anything. The GM's would drop all kinds of items that would eventually be for purchase so that we could test them out. Of course there was a character wipe going into OB. But by then all ingame issues aside from the most obscure or never reported. & yes, once the cash shop opened, there were many glitches, since noone had been able to kick the tires so to speak.
    Funny thing about that game, in the week of downtime where the devs were transitioning to the OB mode, they made sooo many changes to the game (core elements) that it was nearly unrecognizable. I walked away from it after a week of OB in disgust.

I'm not gonna flame the game, but Quest QA & general mechanics could have been handled better before it went into OB. However, having said that, I've not experienced any real tragic errors & have dutifully reported rather than whined about any glitches I've run into as expected of any beta-tester.

I've played too many "free" MMO's to know that some sweaty fat kid with daddy's credit card is *always* going to pwn me, so no tears there, just generic frustration. If anyone played the real NWN online , then you also know that the GM's and the owner of the server always had access to weapons/gear that would take anyone else crazy gold and effort to create themselves. Ahhhh NWedit :). good times. Having said that, I sympathize with the ppl crying about pay to win. The current ingame economy is too infantile for me to make any comments on it however.

That's just my 2 cents. I'm more concerned the lack of any dev or GM presence in the forums when unscheduled downtimes do crop up as they are bound to do. I've already suggested a shoutbox to PWE.

[edit] AHHHH I see that the client now gives you a heads up about maint. that is a step in the right direction. [/edit]
  • Options
    pesoarespesoares Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Finally someone that shares the same ideas as me. If I ever feel like a kid pwned me with the daddy credit card i will quit. Simple, can't handle it. Can always keep playing League of legends. The best game atm.
  • Options
    atomicp79atomicp79 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kilyan82x wrote: »
    this thread should be called open beta fools-.-

Exactly. All the whiners need to seriously take a hike. Claiming it's Live and should work as a finished product when the company has informed/warned you it's in Beta is ridiculous. If you can't deal, simply stop playing and come back when Beta is over!

Neverwinter is above and beyond anything I expected from a F2P.
  • Options
    atomicoxyatomicoxy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Good job guys, keep working :)
  • Options
    soldacksoldack Member Posts: 31
    edited May 2013
    atomicp79 wrote: »
    Exactly. All the whiners need to seriously take a hike. Claiming it's Live and should work as a finished product when the company has informed/warned you it's in Beta is ridiculous. If you can't deal, simply stop playing and come back when Beta is over!

Neverwinter is above and beyond anything I expected from a F2P.

Why can I not test this beta for bugs and feedback by frequently respecing and trying new builds and powers?
  • Options
    soyala1soyala1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    supamoe wrote: »
    This update better ****ing have the Dungeon delves event fixed for the T2 dungeons.

OR...you will quit open beta?

Really, this is an open beta. This use to be used to tie up some loose ends, ensure hardware was working properly, fixing client issues....All the things that are currently being done. Basically, this game is not done yet. Not at full release yet. In a testing phase. Not ready for market. Use and get frustrated at your own risk. I see this in every beta and I have been in numerous alphas, closed betas, and open betas and see the same frustration come from players. This is also why I hate that the market has gone to using beta as more than just a way to ensure their product is ready for market. I sympathize with your frustration, but again, this is suppose to be a time to fix the issues not "grind xp", "reach max level", and various other complaints I have read that just don't seem to make sense considering the current development stage of the game (Not at Full Release stage).

Personally, I wish PW would institute a complete character wipe with a refund to all Zen or any other paid for items while in open beta. Why not, the game is in beta? I really don't think any good will become of it, but it is my opinion. :)
  • Options
    northreyarnorthreyar Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    PPl need to stop crying about minor bugs, its like day 10 of open beta for crying out loud, what we need to do its to give feedback on the things that are limiting the game to reach its full potential. not some bugs that can be fixed by patching. This game has really good things going on and i liked it so far. but there are things that just drive me out of the fun sometimes. Like the really linear quests, or the unbalanced PvP, or the fact that Dungeon and Skirmish re-runs for AD is making players powerlevel through the game, also the lack of mid game content. so far i have percived that this is another game that holds its best content to endgame, wich should not be, since the leveling is a big part of what youre going to do in the game and instead of making it easier by making us powelevel with skirmish and dungeon events (wich forces you to re run them a lot of times cause' not anyone can afford zen and ad are the most viable currency) devs should make it more entretaining and difficult
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    soyala1 wrote: »
    OR...you will quit open beta?

Really, this is an open beta. This use to be used to tie up some loose ends, ensure hardware was working properly, fixing client issues....All the things that are currently being done. Basically, this game is not done yet. Not at full release yet. In a testing phase. Not ready for market. Use and get frustrated at your own risk. I see this in every beta and I have been in numerous alphas, closed betas, and open betas and see the same frustration come from players. This is also why I hate that the market has gone to using beta as more than just a way to ensure their product is ready for market. I sympathize with your frustration, but again, this is suppose to be a time to fix the issues not "grind xp", "reach max level", and various other complaints I have read that just don't seem to make sense considering the current development stage of the game (Not at Full Release stage).

Personally, I wish PW would institute a complete character wipe with a refund to all Zen or any other paid for items while in open beta. Why not, the game is in beta? I really don't think any good will become of it, but it is my opinion. :)

I'm beginning to agree with you're final point, & as for the rest of your post, ... flawless, spoken like a true gamer.
    I would imagine that PW would have the hardware requirements hands down by now though considering their many titles.
    Hell when you purchase almost anything at release now it's actually in beta-mode. Just look at Windows Vista :rofl:
  • Options
    coldsoul69coldsoul69 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    OPEN BETA IS THE OFFICIAL RELEASE, HOW MANY TIMES DOES IT HAVE TO BE SAID?

Yes, capslock is necessary.

What beta doesn't wipe your character and let's you spend non refundable IRL money on in-game content? None of them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    woundbegonewoundbegone Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Crying-Baby.jpgWaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!
    pwnt-1.gif
  • Options
    northreyarnorthreyar Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    soyala1 wrote: »

No can do mister, youre right about something though, we shouldnt be expecting to experience all of the game's content while we're still in beta. but PW is way deep in the mud with the zen stuff to make the Character wipe, not only they would loose money, but a lot of players too, that simply are not gonna like having to hit level cap again. Personally im cool either way, although i think that loosing my char would be a pain, but if it has to be done then it has to be done
  • Options
    egoboostedegoboosted Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    coldsoul69 wrote: »

What beta doesn't wipe your character and let's you spend non refundable IRL money on in-game content? None of them.

Precisely, if you're too naive to see that this isn't beta then you've clearly not been around very long.

Me titling something as an Open Beta just so that I can claim to have a smooth launch doesn't change the fact that:

* No character wipes.
    * Accepting money for items

If this were "Open Beta" then there would be another wipe along with a refund of all Zen Points that were spent. This is just a marketing ploy to get all the naive sheep to understand while they have the typical launch issues, once they get them ironed out they'll do their "Full Release" and claim it was the best release ever.

I'm not saying that they're in the wrong, or that it isn't a brilliant idea...but at least call a spade a spade.
  • Options
    coldsoul69coldsoul69 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Precisely, if you're too naive to see that this isn't beta then you've clearly not been around very long.

Me titling something as an Open Beta just so that I can claim to have a smooth launch doesn't change the fact that:

* No character wipes.

If this were "Open Beta" then there would be another wipe along with a refund of all Zen Points that were spent. This is just a marketing ploy to get all the naive sheep to understand while they have the typical launch issues, once they get them ironed out they'll do their "Full Release" and claim it was the best release ever.

I'm not saying that they're in the wrong, or that it isn't a brilliant idea...but at least call a spade a spade.

Thank you sir.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    rabidmudkipzrabidmudkipz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    or what you will quit? do us all a favor and please do. its still in Open beta, there doing great so far. more than anyone can say about other games... so get a grip, stop crying, and ffs grow up
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    soldack: "Why can I not test this beta for bugs and feedback by frequently respecing and trying new builds and powers?"

Because it's not the model the company has chosen to work with? Although I see your point, I think you (or anyone else) fall into one of two categories:

1. You knew you couldn't freely respec, but chose to play anyway .
    2. You assumed you could recpec at will, but only found out after playing that you could not.

If 1, then you have no right to whine. If 2 then, as I stated, come back after Beta and your respec payment will go towards a finished product. As of now, no one has been required to pay for anything.
  • Options
    woundbegonewoundbegone Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    or what you will quit? do us all a favor and please do. its still in Open beta, there doing great so far. more than anyone can say about other games... so get a grip, stop crying, and ffs grow up

I like your response....take a look at mine above! People need to stop crying!
    pwnt-1.gif
  • Options
    stax77stax77 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    egoboosted wrote: »

* No character wipes.

Nonsense.

The only authority who can declare a game as released are the developers. If the developers say this is still a beta then this is still a beta.

Reasoning like "but there will be no wipes" are just grasping at straws. Really? And where is it written that a beta MUST have wipes? Where is it written that a beta MUST refund money spent in cash shop? Nowhere, except in your mind.
  • Options
    edited May 2013

I take your point, it's only Beta as far as PW is concerned. Playerside, nothing will change as far as cash spent/char stats & whatever. But it is important for newer users to F2P to realize this & not go apesh1t at the zen market & whatnot. when it DOES go live, everyone I imagine will get stat refund since each type only has 1 Paragon choice atm. (free recon thingy or whatever). You're making a lot of assumptions on limited info. Unfortunately, that's kinda what 95% of this thread contains.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    37676679_zps26695eee.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    egoboosted wrote: »

* No character wipes.

Accepting money and requiring money are two very different things...
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    37676679_zps26695eee.jpg

ROFL! Nice one.
    pwnt-1.gif
  • Options
    egoboostedegoboosted Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    stax77 wrote: »
    Nonsense.

The only authority who can declare a game as released are the developers. If the developers say this is still a beta then this is still a beta.

Reasoning like "but there will be no wipes" are just grasping at straws. Really? And where is it written that a beta MUST have wipes? Where is it written that a beta MUST refund money spent in cash shop? Nowhere, except in your mind.

You prove your inexperience by posting this.

There is actually a development cycle, used for pretty much EVERY project.

When you are having a true beta you need to be able to make sweeping changes that may result in wipes, or changes so drastic that it might make one thing or another completely different and/or change the focus of it.

I realize your education is limited, and that's ok, but this is even in any one of the "video game development for dummies" books. When you promise your consumer that there won't be any more wipes you're also, in turn, promising them that the experience that they are having now (character-wise) won't change so drastically that what they're currently doing won't be basically the same thing as the "finished product". Therefore this couldn't possibly be a true beta, it's really just a way for them to continue fixing the normal variety of bugs and balance issues (like EVERY OTHER MMO HAS ALWAYS DONE AFTER RELEASE).

Yes...please tell me I'm grasping at straws but first just go look up a development cycle...educate yourself even if it's by accident.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    atomicp79 wrote: »
    Accepting money and requiring money are two very different things...

You make zero point with this.

Nothing, at all, anywhere, at any time, REQUIRES money.

As a consumer you make a choice to spend money on ANY item you do, but there is a promise with that money spent by you and by the seller.

You promise to furnish the amount paid and they promise to furnish the goods you paid for.

If this was truly a beta, then there would be a huge problem with this because the items you pay for could possibly change and by no fault of their own they could be breaking that promise.

They won't make those kinds of changes, though, which means it's not really a beta but merely a slow release.

Again...I think it's BRILLIANT and will become the new norm, because most of you eat it up with a spoon.
  • Options
    rubberduckie3rubberduckie3 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 62
    edited May 2013
    still no fixes for any of the classes ......
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Stop the crying. The game is back up.
    pwnt-1.gif
This discussion has been closed.