Install Arc
Options

Patch Notes NW.1.20130416a.19

Comments

• Options
    yupp99yupp99 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 45
    edited May 2013
    rpgplayer wrote: »
    I wonder why they still cant give us the companions training tomes, its not like it would hurt them that much is it?

That would definately be a good deal.I know if drops and xp improves after this patch that also will be spot on.I like the foundry quest and just did one before the shutdown.
  • Options
    tellquatellqua Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    zorpenn wrote: »
    What about silent "fixes" guys? Will you ever tell us about them?
    No, Cryptic never discloses "Stealth fixes" as they have shown with STO.
  • Options
    m3phistophilusm3phistophilus Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    tellqua wrote: »
    No, Cryptic never discloses "Stealth fixes" as they have shown with STO.
    why is that? this seems like an incredibly stupid thing to do that only increases the amount of whining in forums and enraged preemptitive abandons by players. Am i missing something that makes me not understand the logic behind silent fixes at all?
  • Options
    coldsoul69coldsoul69 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You guys really need to extend downtime to get the serious issues fixed, I don't really see what you can accomplish in 1.5 hours
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    m3phist0mm3phist0m Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Every day is patch day, huh? well.. good to know u r progressing... but this gets a little odd for the european comunity...
    Fuer alles, was ich je gedacht,
    fuer alles, was ich je vollbracht,
    fuer alles, was ich je getan...

Laesst Gott mich in die Hoelle fahr'n
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    sandylmc1 wrote: »
    Thank you PW and Cryptic for all the hard work. I have one request. When working hard on a dungeon or instance solo or with a group is there a way that the reward chest at the end could be class related? Kinda frustrating to do all that work for something you cant use. Thank for listening
    I must second this... There is noting worst then working all that time and getting something that is for another class.
  • Options
    smackzor123smackzor123 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hope they fix chests Delves
  • Options
    morfeddmorfedd Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    coldsoul69 wrote: »
    You guys really need to extend downtime to get the serious issues fixed, I don't really see what you can accomplish in 1.5 hours

Ummm... patches aren't programmed in real time. The 1.5 hours is the estimated time to APPLY the patches that have been programmed over the last couple of days...
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    So the problems with laptop graphics (0.5-2 minute freezes 5-20 times an hour) havent been fixed in this? Is this a thing that is currently worked on? it is a pretty big problem that makes playing almost impossible.
    get a better laptop sir... Mine works just fine.
  • Options
    meysameysa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 72
    edited May 2013
    zerafox0 wrote: »
    You know you can earn zen ingame right? So don't go complaining that you've spent too much on zen already. Why not work for it instead? Thats what the rest of us who can't afford to fork over real cash have to do, it's not that bad.

I'd like it if they'd stop holding onto our bids for like ever after we've been outbid on AH. I bid quite a big of Astral Diamonds today, only to be outbid about a half hour later. I'm still waiting to get them back, several hours later...

Interesting, I've always had mine returned to me with the notice that I was outbid. I have seen some weird duplicate emails though, where everything is the same, except the attachments.
    Storming Monte Hall Review Thread
    Storming Monte Hall NW-DRAQHLR54
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    why is that? this seems like an incredibly stupid thing to do that only increases the amount of whining in forums and enraged preemptitive abandons by players. Am i missing something that makes me not understand the logic behind silent fixes at all?
    From my experience in STO, silent fixes are all ways exploit nerfs and blocks... The fact this team even told us that they were going to nerf foundry was a shock to me.
  • Options
    cpc2011acpc2011a Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    First let me say to the Dev crew, good job with the fixes, the game in general, and...well everything. You've all done some amazing work here.

Second: To the search by level don't work in auction house people... It does work. I spent an hour last night gearing up for level 40 searching by level, rarity, and number of sockets. Granted it doesn't work the way it's supposed to, but it does work. Let me explain it to you.

If you want to find a level 56 ring for instance type ring in the search box and click equipment. Just leave it on equipment, don't click the specific item catagory. Put in the level range you want and other options. The thing that actually does not work is the enchantment type filter. In short a person needs to figure out what other options there are to make the auction house do what they need it to...or at risk of sounding offensive, be smarter than the software.

Something that severely needs attention is the mail system. Double mails, mails with my firends @handle on them, utter lack of couriers anywhere accept the one in the Enclave. These I find irritating, but not to the point I want to yell about it lol.

One other thing that could possibly be tweaked is object placement. Traps sticking out of the floors/walls because the activators are too low on them (ie there were 4 floor spike traps at the bottom of a set of stairs in the sanitorium. three were very visable and able to be disarmed while the forth was not as visible but couldnt be disarmed because the activator couldn't be triggered. I've also come across several kit objects (theif bags, arcane caches, alters, etc) where the object is very visible but unreachable and placed just outside the "you cant go there" invisi-barrier.

Ok that's the extent of my tweak suggestions. Nothing horribly game breaking and for the most part just cosmetic...although bows would have been nice. Nothing says lovin like an arrow in the forehead from your friendly neighborhood rogue lol.
  • Options
    jorricjorric Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So um, when are you guys going to fix the dungeon delve bug in idris epic. Chest not giving any loot even when event's running?

I thought the same, but noticed even though no pic shows when opening the chest down in the bottom right corner the item will show up as going into your inventory.
    Small Beginnings - NW-DT43OMJWH
  • Options
    matumatu Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Gateway: improved auction sorting << How about fixing the sorting on the actual game? that's probably what most ppl are going to use anyway, also level filtering not working is really annoying and probably makes less ppl buy gear from the AH.
  • Options
    kilyan82xkilyan82x Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    jorric wrote: »
    I thought the same, but noticed even though no pic shows when opening the chest down in the bottom right corner the item will show up as going into your inventory.

idris quest still can't be turned in
    CPU:PHENOM II X4 965@3.9 GHZ
    MOBO:ASROCK 890GX EXTREME 3
    RAM:8GB 1600 MHZ
    SSD:SAMSUNG 830
    VGA:ASUS 560 TI DCII TOP 900/1800/2100
  • Options
    jorricjorric Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    konner wrote: »
    Yup. Now if they would fix the AH so we can buy things with gold instead of just AD. The prices on there are outrageous, and make respecs able to be bought with AD or gold, instead of just zen. :/ I wanna change some things, and I've already spent too much on zen as it is..

I agree, Enchanted keys should also be purchased with AD instead of Zen, cause the Zen exchange just don't work. People are asking way too much AD for Zen.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    kilyan82x wrote: »
    idris quest still can't be turned in

Sorry, never had that problem. Hopefully they fix it then.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Finally, some one else who watches his screen!!
  • Options
    malfor77malfor77 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ill second the loot thing guys....you should really fix this system you got going here i don't think you should be able to need on something that you cant use like say a cleric shouldn't be able to roll need on a shield or a sword.....this is the same system that Tera has in place i think its works perfect....this is my opinion....thanks for all the hard work so far :)
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I agree, Enchanted keys should also be purchased with AD instead of Zen, cause the Zen exchange just don't work. People are asking way too much AD for Zen.
    As the game ages, the price for Zen will also come down. This is how it was in STO... Zen right now are a high commodity so they are expensive, as more people sell then the demand will drop and the price per zen will too.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    divinehope wrote: »
    So what are we talking here? Can we start doing some XP grinds again? Just curious....

Why do you want to XP grind when just by doing the quest you can get to max level?
  • Options
    rayni250rayni250 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kulvikz wrote: »
    Hopefully they just forgot to write that they finally fixed their HORRIBLE auction house. its **** on so many levels. I mean when the ah doesnt bother with using what ever lvls you enter into the lvl spots, and you have to look through 400 items where 90% of them is for lvl 20, it just doesnt work, and also wtf is up with only 6 items per page, plz, i know this is free2play(Buy2win) but plz, if your gonna put in an ah do it somewhat right from the start, its not like there isnt any games out there you can look at how they have done

All you have to do is drag down the bottom of the page to show more items per page just FYI.

However with that being said hopefully sort is better cause it sucked before, the item level bug needs fixed and for the love of god fix the in game mail, sometimes I don't get my AD or my items, and I was never given the AD back for all the AH bugs I've reported since the first few days of OB, bring on mah $$ and items, please and thanks.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    As the game ages, the price for Zen will also come down. This is how it was in STO... Zen right now are a high commodity so they are expensive, as more people sell then the demand will drop and the price per zen will too.

True, I forgot what it was like on STO in the beginning!
  • Options
    rojjinrojjin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    why were dungeon delve chests changed to give loot equal to dungeon level and not character, you lose so much loot not running epic itself that the one item from the chest is incentive for people to help guild mates. with as willy nilly as you guys have gone with throwing in over powered elite adds to EVERY FIGHT... and cleric aggro being impossible to manage
  • Options
    bedwyerbedwyer Member Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    First...thanks, I've waited a long time to play this awesome game
    Second...do y'all still read these posts? All the complaining and crying would get distracting to me. Just in case you do, Is there a way to tune the CW to withstand the initial assault of the TR? In PvP, i'm getting frustrated with how quickly i get taken out...most of it is because other players go afk and just farm the glory. The rogue however, slips all my control powers and ports right behind me and never runs out of power...my cool downs take too long and it seems like the damage i'm able to cause has been seriously nerfed. The casting is slow, way to slow.
    Silverhand
  • Options
    m3phistophilusm3phistophilus Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    get a better laptop sir... Mine works just fine.

the laptop in theory has the abtility to run this game multiple times. Normally i could run this at very high options with good fps. It doesnt stutter, it collapses. This seems to be an issue that is related to the game having problems with the duality of dedicated graphics and intel integrated rather than capacity of the laptop
  • Options
    mumnochmumnoch Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 51
    edited May 2013
    They are doing bug fixes/content adjustment correctly IMO. They do not have a infinite number of coder's that can fix bugs so with the lvl 60's being the minority of the playerbase it makes sense that they concentrate on things that the majority of the playerbase benefits from.

If they was really wanting to make this game go the distance and last a long time they need to concentrate on flushing out the Foundry and giving rewards/incentives to the players that create Foundry content because those are the ones that will give this game it's true "replay-ability". I would suggest that they have a QA person or volunteer's from the community eval the Foundry mission's and if they see a Foundry Quest that is truly well done then give that person a loot box/Zen/X number of ADs.
  • Options
    gelgamischgelgamisch Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So far I've enjoyed the game, and the fact that my Gf is also interested in playing with me also a huge boon. As far as I'm concerned the game is perfect.
  • Options
    thahn204thahn204 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm all for xp grinding the foundry again hope its viable now. Don't get me wrong the quests are great but I don't wanna do them again for my 2nd character. I would if I had to but prefer to just gear grind pronto on my 2nd toon (THIS IS IMO). Also people giving credit to PW they are good and all but its cryptic who made this game so they are the ones fixing everything. PW is just a publisher I believe.
  • Options
    mrmackeymkaymrmackeymkay Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Cool update!
This discussion has been closed.