Install Arc
Options

How and why all the zen store whiners?

Comments

• Options
    ashgan99ashgan99 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    joreal wrote: »
    Your jeleousy is showing. You too can ignore a message on your screen. They put it on there to let you k ow it is possible to get the mount. It's no different than a jackpot alarm. Only people who ar jeleous of the winner care about the announcement. They aren't bragging they are celebrating a winner

Yeah I would agree with this if not for the fact it pops up in the middle of your FN screen making it sometimes hard to target like I'm trying to heal (already happened once and I doubt it will be the last)

Edit: Sidenote jelousy would imply I actually care or want the mount and in fact I do not I would prefer the Warg if anything. So stop being a ****** and accept the fact the msgs flung in your face are actually stupid because it annoys everyone including the paying people.
  • Options
    prolagaprolaga Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I laughed out loud reading this.
    arcbladez wrote: »
    "and if you don't pay $10, then go out in the wilderness and kill 50,000 boars for XP until you reach level 35 because the level 35 quest zone is free again.
    "if you don't pay $10, then go out and grind your (@#$)# out for astral diamonds until you can sell them for zen items so you can catch up to those who pay."
    How are they different in terms of P2W?
    arcbladez wrote: »
    And before anyone argues: "Bla bla bla they should charge money elsewhere and in better places", trust me, from all the F2P MMORPGs I've played, Perfect World seems to be doing the best job out of'em all! If this game was developped by another company, you probably wouldn't be able to queue up for more than 1 dungeon every few days. The Foundry would most likely be locked out from F2P players. You wouldn't be able to explore a certain questing zone to advance beyond level 30 without paying $10
    I laughed so hard on this. Perfect World is by far doing a worse job than many games. GGG as many has stated repeatedly has done a great job in Path of Exile. And many F2P games are done right -- NWO's F2P(or P2W) model.

Of course game company needs to make money, but paying players should never gain advantage over non paying players.
  • Options
    chai23chai23 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The reason threads keep appearing ont he same subject, is because instead of addressing the SPECIFIC ISSUE, every single p2w thread in the known universe in all games descends straight to "youre definition of p2w doesnt agree with mine so your argument is invalid". Usually when people disagree on a specific issue they get some of the poison out, and then the argument is over. This never happens in p2w threads however, because the specific topic is ignored in favor of "youre definition of p2w doesnt agree with mine so your argument is invalid". The thread quickly becomes a repetitive mobeius loop of fail because no one gets the lead out discussing the actual topic. Thus it appears on all game forums like 10 times a week.
  • Options
    leboskozleboskoz Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The Zen Store provides a "pay to win" button in the game. Want end game enchants? You're going to need to cough up Zen, same with if you want to craft high level items, and have a companion higher than rank 15.
    The companion is a fair argument, the rest are available in game.
    What?
    Can i level my pet more than 15 with an item at cash shop? Which one? O.o
  • Options
    jorealjoreal Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ashgan99 wrote: »
    Yeah I would agree with this if not for the fact it pops up in the middle of your FN screen making it sometimes hard to target like I'm trying to heal (already happened once and I doubt it will be the last)

Edit: Sidenote jelousy would imply I actually care or want the mount and in fact I do not I would prefer the Warg if anything. So stop being a ****** and accept the fact the msgs flung in your face are actually stupid because it annoys everyone including the paying people.

ZOMG it covered my entire screen....oh wait it didn't. It lasts all of about 3 seconds and doesn't block any clicks or anything. In fact I can't even say that I notice it in the middle of my screen most of the time. I wouldn't know they even existed if it weren't for the brown message in my chat box.

So really no it is possible to simply ignore them. Sorry your focus is so poor that you get distracted by something so simple. Combat must be a royal ***** for you if you can't focus that badly.
  • Options
    jorealjoreal Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    leboskoz wrote: »
    What?
    Can i level my pet more than 15 with an item at cash shop? Which one? O.o

I believe green pets go to 20, blue to 25, and purple to 30. There are items that look like they will upgrade your companions, but they aren't available yet.
  • Options
    wartimeraiderwartimeraider Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 132 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    thedrakkos wrote: »
    I call people names when I don't want to address the body of their arguments or concerns, and simply want to engage in ad hominem attacks.

"whiners". It couldn't possibly be that others think something is wrong, they have to be whiners.

Its ok, namecalling doesn't invalidate your argument at all.

Well, assuming you had one, I didn't go any further than the pejoratives.

Yeah i know. Ive tried it at so many games in so many ways.. God knows ive tried it so many times.

This was just my rant and probably my last post ever on the internet anyway. I love helping, educating and teaching people and thoroughly enjoy it, but lately my mind has almost been blown by so much stupidity which is even below the IQ of a goldfish.

Normally im really a person after which you can say "nice he was here, that really taught/helped me with this" and rereading my post i do realise the emotion was overwhelming but at the time and i still do i think these kind of meesages actually get into peoples minds while logical reasoning gets trown out of the window.
    Guess i just need a break from most of the forums im usually on, get back some of the patience i lost XD

Well guys, cya ingame. Probably giving some newcomer gold for a companion he accidentally deleted or show them the way to the illusive bank XD
    The forums will not be my home for a while :)

Ps. Your post wasnt really a great response either XD
    timeraiderlogo2smaller.gif

Elf Control Wizard - Dragon
  • Options
    freemind25freemind25 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 68
    edited May 2013
    Wow, this thread really got my fanboy senses tingling...

Apparently, most adamant defenders don't even know the full depth of the cash grab scheme at hand. The highest tiers of loot are behind a very solid paywall, (hint: read the runes paragraph) and of course all of it has planned obsolescence written all over it, in order to make you guys pay again in the future...
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    freemind25 wrote: »

Apparently, most adamant defenders don't even know the full depth of the cash grab scheme at hand. The highest tiers of loot are behind a very solid paywall, (hint: read the runes paragraph) and of course all of it has planned obsolescence written all over it, in order to make you guys pay again in the future...

Which paywall is that? The runes that you can get by running Leadership profession and use all the lower rank enchantments/runestones and fuse them together to make bigger ones? Of course you can buy some packs of higher level ones if you want, but again you can grind it out.
  • Options
    riven84riven84 Member, Banned Users Posts: 574 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013

Nothing is behind a paywall. Stop spreading lies, fool.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    riven84 wrote: »
    Nothing is behind a paywall. Stop spreading lies, fool.

*sigh*
    Let me copy and paste a paragraph from that link for you, to give you a chance to ignore it more thoroughly:
    Armor/Weapon Enchantments are for specific slots in your weapon/chest and grant special effects. They come in shards and have a chance to drop from Epic Dungeon bosses. You must combine 4 shards to create a Lesser version of the Enchantment. However, the success chance of fusion is at a staggeringly low 1%. To compensate, they have very strong effects. An example would be the Thunderhead Enchantment. However, the real kicker here is that these "Lesser" versions may be fused again to gain a stronger version. Those may also be fused again to create the strongest version. Ultimately, the Greater Thunderhead Enchantment will have a 30% on crit to damage and stun foes. To create the strongest Enchantment possible, it will cost 160 dollars and 64 shards. Unlike companions, these can be used in PvP.

So a $160 price tag doesn't equal paywall for you?
  • Options
    drpallisadedrpallisade Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 43
    edited May 2013
    Get diamonds - get Zen - buy what you want.

Or don't

Its not that hard to figure out
    Castle Dunsmere
  • Options
    novronnovron Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    *sigh*
    Let me copy and paste a paragraph from that link for you, to give you a chance to ignore it more thoroughly:

So a $160 price tag doesn't equal paywall for you?

Sounds like a good trade off actually. People with the time get the gear. People with the jobs get the runes.

If only there were some way these groups from different walks of life could get together and exchange their swag with each other. Nah, that would just be stupid.
  • Options
    junigenmukyokujunigenmukyoku Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So many whiners who have no clue. WHY OW WHY would you ever compalin? did someone put a gun to your head and forced you to buy anything from the store? Why would you complain about expensive mounts and companions if you do not even need to get near them. They are supposed to be exclusive and expensive but more of a luxury.. why the **** would you even say thats unfair? its all cosmetic stuff for a price that people who love cosmetic stuff are willing to pay.. if you dont want to pay that.. dont. Easy as that.

In real life.. do you cry about the economy selling houses for 10 million dollars because you cant buy them? because those people have a larger house then you because they are willing to pay alot?
    I sure hope you don't .. else you are quite the bad case..

but if you dont do it in real life.. why would you complain about there being a 40 dollar mount, a 30 dollar companion etc. etc... you dont need to buy it, you are not forced to look at it. So why would you even concern yourself the slightest..

just say " **** those cashshopplayers.. i will prove them wrong and be the greatest player without paying a single dime", which is simply possible as this game isnt even close to pay-to-win anyway if you look at the system objectively which is impossible..

just my opinion and rant while being aggrevated by the posts on the latest news

I know its the internet so we should all ignore those kinds of people, but as a graduate at a indie game design school i hate good games being punched into the ground by invalid arguments.
    There are quite alot of problems with this game .. the zenshop being 0% of the problems. The only thing making the zenshop a problem is the players..

You probably live a sheltered life if you honestly think that people don't complain about these type of things in real life.
  • Options
    angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    novron wrote: »
    I don't see a problem with $40 mounts if they're account wide. Compared to the AD prices of the mount + ranking just does one character. That's a lot of time on one character. Instant for all characters? I'll take it. As for the $10 difference, aesthetics carry a premium.

Precisely! :)
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    joreal wrote: »
    ZOMG it covered my entire screen....oh wait it didn't. It lasts all of about 3 seconds and doesn't block any clicks or anything. In fact I can't even say that I notice it in the middle of my screen most of the time. I wouldn't know they even existed if it weren't for the brown message in my chat box.

So really no it is possible to simply ignore them. Sorry your focus is so poor that you get distracted by something so simple. Combat must be a royal ***** for you if you can't focus that badly.
    uhm yeah it is I'm fully willing to admit i have problems sometimes with tunnel vision and may possibly have ADD as I have had several therapists say I probably do have a mild case... Regardless your obvious attempt at being condescending is cute.
  • Options
    shiroiojikashiroiojika Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Real Life is a total paywall. I can't get this sports car just by grinding casually at McDonalds.
    grinding casually at McDonalds
    grinding at McDonalds
    grinding McDonald :D
    Druid.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Real Life is a total paywall. I can't get this sports car just by grinding casually at McDonalds.
    grinding casually at McDonalds
    grinding at McDonalds
    grinding McDonald :D

Actually, the majority of the world's population couldn't get a sports car if they worked themselves to death, which they do regardless.

Back on topic though: I find it kinda funny that this thread, after 4 pages of "nobody needs no cash shop at all! there is absolutely nothing at all that's forcing you to the cash shop! don't spread lies!" made an unanimous turn to "of course we need the cash shop, but you can still grind a few hundred hours for the stuff in it!".
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    honestly I was thinking a little outside the box and I can honestly justify they're prices if you include they're exchange model and everything if you think with paying maybe for half and exchanging for the rest it doesn't seem so bad.

With that said however I am still going to refuse to pay it... I again have no qualms about cosmetics and stuff (as long as its not too pricy) but charging for normal in game things like bags just feels like a rip off.
    Part of this for me is probably stemming from playing old games where you had to earn everything so having a pay option is not acceptable, I was never one for cheats and shortcuts while everyone was out getting gamesharks and looking up cheatcodes I was happily playing the game as it was intended (sadly it looks like intended nowadays is pay money for shortcuts...)

I have.... yah if I add it all up I wouldn't be surprised if I have spent over $300.00 on league of legends skins (yeah you know those things that don't do anything in game other then look cool) also while having $20.00 skins those are the top tier [not counting the EZ one] other wise they're other skins are fairly reasonably priced, and even the legendary skins are nice if you feel like you like the champ enough and are willing to fork over the money for it.
    With that said I think Riot if they had some kind of currency exchange would probably have to jack up their prices too and $40.00 Legendary skins wouldn't seem that far fetched.

TL DR
    I see 2 problems for the cash shop right now, one is some players like me don't want to pay for usable things like bags because it feels like Pay to Win (in a way I'm not saying it is, but it offers shortcut where traditional gaming logic would say you have to earn it)
    The second problem is due to the exchange even if they do offer nice things that are just cosmetic and for looks it will be overpriced because of the currency exchange.
  • Options
    yasha00yasha00 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 479 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    So many whiners who have no clue. WHY OW WHY would you ever compalin? did someone put a gun to your head and forced you to buy anything from the store? Why would you complain about expensive mounts and companions if you do not even need to get near them. They are supposed to be exclusive and expensive but more of a luxury.. why the **** would you even say thats unfair? its all cosmetic stuff for a price that people who love cosmetic stuff are willing to pay.. if you dont want to pay that.. dont. Easy as that.

I agree that the price of cosmetic items in general seems ok, but the price of general use/functional items makes the game much more expensive than a b2p game.
  • Options
    scififan78scififan78 Member Posts: 1,386 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I will buy things from the Zen market but, I will do it the long drawn out way. I will build up my AD and exchange it. Some one else will be spending the real money for my goodies.
  • Options
    xenogias1xenogias1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Coming from someone who is not going to complain about the cash shop this post is probably going to <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> off some people.

Stop complaining about the complainers. Most of them are being reasonable. They are saying "Hey, I want to support the game but wont and here is why." It may not be worded like that but the message is still there. The worst thing you can do is assume this game will survive on the exclusives club. Nothing would ever change if people didn't complain and contrary to what some of you think, NOTHING is perfect.
  • Options
    johnperqjohnperq Member Posts: 77
    edited May 2013
    It's a really great game, up to now the shop hasn't
    been a deal breaker. But it sure aint perfect.

I don't care much about pricing of prestige/cosmetic
    stuff. For all i care they can make a big flying
    dragon mount who poops out chuck norris and sell it
    for 1000$. Anyone willing to spend 1000$, and in doing
    so pays server time for those who cant afford it,
    disserves any prestige and awe it gets for it.

What i do care about is:

* Stuff that should be in the base game
    (1 free respec for every character should be a minimum)

* Stuff that gives you an actual playing advantage
    (real money for a real chance at enchanting? really?)

I spent some money, i believed was affordable to me,
    on Zen. I bought a few char slots. But after that,
    where should i spend my Zen? Will I be forced to
    spend Zen to get a chance in end-game (esp. pvp)?
    Some items in the cash shop give me indication that
    this might be the case, so i rather not spend them
    now and need them later when i can't afford new Zen.

So here I am. I supported the game, and all I have
    in return is something that should have been in the
    base game. I'm perfectly happy now, but to be honest
    I feel they are not perfectly honest with the definition
    of free to play. And offcourse I rather had a
    Dragon Mount who poops Chuck Norris, than a bunch of Zen
    i'm afraid to use.
    Oswald <Semper Fidelis> - http://semper-fidelis.guildlaunch.com
  • Options
    zeuseason411zeuseason411 Member Posts: 107
    edited May 2013

In real life.. do you cry about the economy selling houses for 10 million dollars because you cant buy them? because those people have a larger house then you because they are willing to pay alot?
    I sure hope you don't .. else you are quite the bad case..

but if you dont do it in real life.. why would you complain about there being a 40 dollar mount, a 30 dollar companion etc. etc... you dont need to buy it, you are not forced to look at it. So why would you even concern yourself the slightest..

just say " **** those cashshopplayers.. i will prove them wrong and be the greatest player without paying a single dime", which is simply possible as this game isnt even close to pay-to-win anyway if you look at the system objectively which is impossible..

just my opinion and rant while being aggrevated by the posts on the latest news

I know its the internet so we should all ignore those kinds of people, but as a graduate at a indie game design school i hate good games being punched into the ground by invalid arguments.
    There are quite alot of problems with this game .. the zenshop being 0% of the problems. The only thing making the zenshop a problem is the players..

Moronic post, but thanks for your time. Enjoy your day.
  • Options
    vonthvonth Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 85
    edited May 2013
    Considering real life examples to the zen store;

Are you willing to pay 10$ to something worths 1$?

Neither do i. And *common sense* decides how much it should have been. That's why most of the people are unhappy about high prices.

Another example;

A new opening restaurant should keep their prices & revenue low to make people happy and be their choice of meal. Most of the people aren't willing to pay a few more dollars to a meal they haven't experienced before. And *common sense* tells that instead of paying 20$ here to eat something you don't know, go eat 10$ to a place you have eaten before and know what will be coming.
  • Options
    argimegargimeg Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    6$ to respec my skills!!!!, this is a @#$#&lt;font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> basic feature :mad:
    i can accept everything (horses-cosmetics-companions-even rune upgrade cost) but this is insane
  • Options
    krowbarrkrowbarr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    no such thing as common sense.. it varies greatly from person to person...decent restaurants are expensive so i will see u at the local maccas store for a cheap $10 feed instead of the restaurant that you havnt been but to because it is more expensive you will never go.. the only ppl that complain about the cash shop are the ppl that actually want to buy it but cant afford it..and who are we to say what things are worth in the zen store ..and if ppl want something quite often the price doesnt matter if they have the cash
  • Options
    yasha00yasha00 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 479 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    argimeg wrote: »
    6$ to respec my skills!!!!, this is a @#$#&lt;font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> basic feature :mad:
    i can accept everything (horses-cosmetics-companions-even rune upgrade cost) but this is insane

Yes, my thoughts exactly.
  • Options
    bpphantombpphantom Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    daradal wrote: »
    To create the strongest Enchantment possible, it will cost 160 dollars and 64 shards.

Or just run the dungeons and eventual raids a bunch. I agree that the fuse % is too low and maybe there needs to be a different system in place, but it's not like your only option is "pay money". People would re-run dungeons/raids for their epic rare "Orcish Warlock Diaper of Mastery", or "Fallen Jedi Robe of Bathing", etc. Don't want to pay? Then do it the old fashioned way. /shrug Doesn't matter to me, you're not "beating me" or "winning".
    - bpphantom

Grace, Tiefling Devoted Cleric

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are. Then leave the rest to Batman."
This discussion has been closed.