test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

How and why all the zen store whiners?

wartimeraiderwartimeraider Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 132 Bounty Hunter
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
So many whiners who have no clue. WHY OW WHY would you ever compalin? did someone put a gun to your head and forced you to buy anything from the store? Why would you complain about expensive mounts and companions if you do not even need to get near them. They are supposed to be exclusive and expensive but more of a luxury.. why the **** would you even say thats unfair? its all cosmetic stuff for a price that people who love cosmetic stuff are willing to pay.. if you dont want to pay that.. dont. Easy as that.

In real life.. do you cry about the economy selling houses for 10 million dollars because you cant buy them? because those people have a larger house then you because they are willing to pay alot?
I sure hope you don't .. else you are quite the bad case..

but if you dont do it in real life.. why would you complain about there being a 40 dollar mount, a 30 dollar companion etc. etc... you dont need to buy it, you are not forced to look at it. So why would you even concern yourself the slightest..

just say " **** those cashshopplayers.. i will prove them wrong and be the greatest player without paying a single dime", which is simply possible as this game isnt even close to pay-to-win anyway if you look at the system objectively which is impossible..

just my opinion and rant while being aggrevated by the posts on the latest news

I know its the internet so we should all ignore those kinds of people, but as a graduate at a indie game design school i hate good games being punched into the ground by invalid arguments.
There are quite alot of problems with this game .. the zenshop being 0% of the problems. The only thing making the zenshop a problem is the players..
timeraiderlogo2smaller.gif

Elf Control Wizard - Dragon
Post edited by wartimeraider on

Comments

• steppenkatsteppenkat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm fine with the Zen store. However I have the feeling that the main issue with it is that there are lots of things in this game that build you the "need" of taking it in account. Hence why all the raging builds.

- Bags being exclusive, besides a few quests, to the Zen store.
    - Constant reminders of Res Scrolls purchasable in the Zen store after you die.
    - The bloody Admin message that tells you "someone got a Heavy Inferno Nightmare" (honestly, who cares?)
    - Lockboxes are basically a kick to the nuts for anyone that isn't willing to buy a key now and then.

I've bought a fashion set for my CW and probably will pick the Kelemvor pet once I'm sure that she isn't garbage, since I really like her looks.
    Characters:
    - Titania Silverblade, the Iron Rose of Myth Drannor (Lvl 60 GWF, Destroyer)
    - Gwyneth, the Cowardly Cat Burglar Drowling (Lvl 60 TR, Saboteur)
    - Lady Rowanne Firehair, Heartwarder of Sune (Lvl 33 DC)
    - Satella, Sensate (LvL 44 CW, Renegade, Non-Active)

Check Steppenkat's Foundry Quest Reviews!
  • thedrakkosthedrakkos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 228 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I call people names when I don't want to address the body of their arguments or concerns, and simply want to engage in ad hominem attacks.

"whiners". It couldn't possibly be that others think something is wrong, they have to be whiners.

Its ok, namecalling doesn't invalidate your argument at all.

Well, assuming you had one, I didn't go any further than the pejoratives.
    Looking for a mature guild to play with?

www.guildmedieval.com

Courtesy, Integrity, Fair Play.
  • arcbladezarcbladez Member Posts: 210 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    The game devs have to make money somehow. The reason F2P MMORPGs exists is because they don't mind that some people play their games for free, but they do expect many others to actually do spend money to keep the game alive and running!

And before anyone argues: "Bla bla bla they should charge money elsewhere and in better places", trust me, from all the F2P MMORPGs I've played, Perfect World seems to be doing the best job out of'em all! If this game was developped by another company, you probably wouldn't be able to queue up for more than 1 dungeon every few days. The Foundry would most likely be locked out from F2P players. You wouldn't be able to explore a certain questing zone to advance beyond level 30 without paying $10... and if you don't pay $10, then go out in the wilderness and kill 50,000 boars for XP until you reach level 35 because the level 35 quest zone is free again.

See where I'm going here?

Many F2P MMOs block out so much from their game cause they absolutely want people to pay for their game! Neverwinter... it does seem like you need to spend money every now and then, but by the looks of it, it's just to slow you down a little! I haven't heard anyone complain that they were stuck at a certain level cause they were too bored killing random spawning mobs in a zone over and over again cause they can't pick up a quest since you need to pay real $money$ for it.
  • kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Because it's an Internet Gaming Forum. If they weren't complaining about that, they'd be complaining about something else.
    Generally in hyperbolically exaggerated ways. (Like, say, "OMG FOUNDRY RUINED").
  • grekthorangrekthoran Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 68
    edited May 2013
    I haven't really been complaining about the store, but I have voiced some concern, so I'll try to explain. This company has to make money somehow and I'm ok with giving them some of my money, since the game is so good. I'm more nervous than anything else. I don't mind paying for things but I do have my limit. I paid my $60 up front to help out with the game and starting June 1st, I'm going to buy $15 worth of zen every month. That's my limit, since it's what I'm used to paying. I know I can afford that and, more importantly, I see that as a fair investment.

I'm nervous because, since I've been looking a head, it looks like that's not enough for me to play this game the way I want to. That won't even get bags and bank slots for three characters and, in my opinion, that's not enough bang for my buck. I'm having a blast with this game, it's really fun. I'm nervous because I'm not sure if I can afford to keep playing it.

This is my first F2P game and so I'm trying to give it a fair shot. Only time will tell.
  • shadeypwnzshadeypwnz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 60
    edited May 2013
    You can purchase power in the store, and make yourself statistically better than other players with no effort. That's why.
  • immortaltenzhiimmortaltenzhi Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    In real life I may, in fact, remark upon things that are ridiculously priced. People in general tend to do so for various reasons - whether it's about the War between the Haves and Have-Nots or the general irritation over, say, the rising price of gasoline. It is far better to complain for little to no reason (or what others perceive as such) than to blindly accept the status quo.
  • daradaldaradal Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    arcbladez wrote: »
    The game devs have to make money somehow. The reason F2P MMORPGs exists is because they don't mind that some people play their games for free, but they do expect many others to actually do spend money to keep the game alive and running!

And before anyone argues: "Bla bla bla they should charge money elsewhere and in better places", trust me, from all the F2P MMORPGs I've played, Perfect World seems to be doing the best job out of'em all! If this game was developped by another company, you probably wouldn't be able to queue up for more than 1 dungeon every few days. The Foundry would most likely be locked out from F2P players. You wouldn't be able to explore a certain questing zone to advance beyond level 30 without paying $10... and if you don't pay $10, then go out in the wilderness and kill 50,000 boars for XP until you reach level 35 because the level 35 quest zone is free again.

See where I'm going here?

Many F2P MMOs block out so much from their game cause they absolutely want people to pay for their game! Neverwinter... it does seem like you need to spend money every now and then, but by the looks of it, it's just to slow you down a little! I haven't heard anyone complain that they were stuck at a certain level cause they were too bored killing random spawning mobs in a zone over and over again cause they can't pick up a quest since you need to pay real $money$ for it.

Its because of the cost of the things and the huge gap between getting the stuff in game or just buying it. Mostly the prices though.

5 dollars for more character slots, 6 dollars to respec, 10 dollars for a bag. And runes an enchantments. Charging to remove them?? I haven't enchanted my pet yet because I know I won't be able the change the enchantment once I put it on her.

I saw this elsewhere but it pretty much puts into perspective the cash shop:

Armor/Weapon Enchantments are for specific slots in your weapon/chest and grant special effects. They come in shards and have a chance to drop from Epic Dungeon bosses. You must combine 4 shards to create a Lesser version of the Enchantment. However, the success chance of fusion is at a staggeringly low 1%. To compensate, they have very strong effects. An example would be the Thunderhead Enchantment. However, the real kicker here is that these "Lesser" versions may be fused again to gain a stronger version. Those may also be fused again to create the strongest version. Ultimately, the Greater Thunderhead Enchantment will have a 30% on crit to damage and stun foes. To create the strongest Enchantment possible, it will cost 160 dollars and 64 shards.

These can also be used in PVP and give people significant boost I hear.

I'm all for capitalism and I know they need to make money, but some of the prices are just out of line.

I was just in the lockbox thread and people are buying those keys left and right, some people spending 60 dollars or more. You know why? The keys are a dollar. You make everything in the game a dollar or something maybe higher end stuff two and watch the money roll in. I mean thats just an example but you get the point. Right now there are lots of people out there, including me, that say I'm not spending x amount to get y, its not worth it. People like value for their money right now they're having a hard time perceiving value at the current price levels.

Its also that the Devs were very adamant in saying that this game would not be P2W and though theoretically true, we all are seeing that its not. Sure you can play the game without spending money, but the time invested to do so is so great for such a small result its not worth it to anyone.

This is a great game and I really enjoy it but I'm afraid that the cash shop in its current form with the current prices will kill it.
  • l1d3nl1d3n Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 385 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I see more of these type posts now than the actual whining zen store posts.
  • northwind2008northwind2008 Member Posts: 64
    edited May 2013
    The Zen Store provides a "pay to win" button in the game. Want end game enchants? You're going to need to cough up Zen, same with if you want to craft high level items, and have a companion higher than rank 15.
  • novronnovron Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The Zen Store provides a "pay to win" button in the game. Want end game enchants? You're going to need to cough up Zen, same with if you want to craft high level items, and have a companion higher than rank 15.

The companion is a fair argument, the rest are available in game.
  • blerpaderpblerpaderp Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2013

In real life..

Ah the real life argument. The ultimate lazy all around defense.

its funny because often when i have given feedback on things in games that mirror a more "realistic" approach, I get told off by the people who like the game as is that "If you want real life then go play outside, cause your suggestions are ridiculous"

Then it's funny to see the "real life" argument be used as the almighty infallible defense as well.

We should all probably stop trying to equate real life with video games. Especially when it comes to economics. Look at it this way, sometimes even things like real world physics just dont have their place in games and it works out for the best. Same goes with $$.
  • labbblabbb Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    daradal wrote: »
    . Charging to remove them?? I haven't enchanted my pet yet because I know I won't be able the change the enchantment once I put it on her.

You can place an enchant over an old one . Like the 2% xp and then upgrade to 4% xp when you get one . So I'm running 2x XP and 1 shared stat in my panther , when she hits 30 I will over write the 2 xp ones with something , I'm not shure what yet but probably shared stats .
  • angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Put simply there is a difference between want and need. The game itself provides everything you need. The Z-Store offers wants. However, there are many who want, but - for whatever fair reason, cannot purchase the wants. The problem with wants is that the want is a very strong urge - it is for all of us. Practically every last one.

It is unfortunate that many who feel the strong urge of "want" will also feel it is "unfair" (price, costs, actual availability, whatever) that these items are available to those who have the means to purchase them, whereas they cannot - most of these "whines", I suspect, has to do with the price, not cost of these items.

For example: $40 for T3 Mount is very, Very steep. Many of these "whiners" would surely buy this mount if 1) it were a bit less in price, bringing the cost within reason *for them) - they would purchase it. However, Cryptic has placed a very high value on these items that does not match the same cost factor as many people believe the value is worth.

Thus, they lash out. Unfortunately, many people are frustrated and sometimes frustration turns into anger and when commenting in a forum while anger percolates those comments tend to not properly and clearly communicate the real issue the commentator is wanting to express.

I agree: many of them either *are* or very clearly *sound like* "whiners". But in fairness, many are really just complaining about the incredibly high pricing, which increases the personal cost to them.

The whiners are whiners when they complain about the Z-Store's very existence in general (and lockboxes and such). However, those that are expressing frustration over Z-Store pricing have a legitimate argument. I am thinking there should be a greater spread between the tiers of Mounts and Companions, for example. Rather than, say $20, $30, $40 for a green, blue, purple (respectively) Mount, how about $15, $25, $40 for that same Mount (respectively)?

In short, Cryptic has placed really high value on these items - and some of those values are off-kilter: I love the Heavy Howler ($40) but I also love the Sword Coast Armored Horse ($30) - there is NO difference functionally between them; same value (purple), same speed, same everything (except for actually look). So why the $10 difference?

The difference spread just doesn't seem justified and clearly is showing Cryptic is not valuing the tangible (specs) but the intangible) looks) of an item. I can see a $5 spread between them, but $10 seems a bit steep for what are practically the same thing.

I am not expressing frustration at Cryptic for this, just pointing out my observations. STO and CO Z-Stores are consistent in item prices based specifically on statistical specs, not looks of the item. The NW Z-Store still need to be fleshed-out. Of course these price spreads for same-type items could be simply an A/B test to see how high they can push the pricing.

And I'm okay with all of it.

Always remember, everyone: This is Cryptic's house, they set the rules. Like it, love it, live it or leave.
  • arlandinoarlandino Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    steppenkat wrote: »
    I'm fine with the Zen store. However I have the feeling that the main issue with it is that there are lots of things in this game that build you the "need" of taking it in account. Hence why all the raging builds.

- Bags being exclusive, besides a few quests, to the Zen store.
    - Constant reminders of Res Scrolls purchasable in the Zen store after you die.
    - The bloody Admin message that tells you "someone got a Heavy Inferno Nightmare" (honestly, who cares?)
    - Lockboxes are basically a kick to the nuts for anyone that isn't willing to buy a key now and then.

I've bought a fashion set for my CW and probably will pick the Kelemvor pet once I'm sure that she isn't garbage, since I really like her looks.

^^^ This. After I found out mounts are account wide I was a little less upset about it. But 10$ bags and the Enchanted Keys are a total rip off.

Guild Wars 2 had the worst chests I have ever seen. Garbage most of the time..0.0000000001% (or seemed like it) chance for something good.
  • novronnovron Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Put simply there is a difference between want and need. The game itself provides everything you need. The Z-Store offers wants. However, there are many who want, but - for whatever fair reason, cannot purchase the wants. The problem with wants is that the want is a very strong urge - it is for all of us. Practically every last one.

It is unfortunate that many who feel the strong urge of "want" will also feel it is "unfair" (price, costs, actual availability, whatever) that these items are available to those who have the means to purchase them, whereas they cannot - most of these "whines", I suspect, has to do with the price, not cost of these items.

For example: $40 for T3 Mount is very, Very steep. Many of these "whiners" would surely buy this mount if 1) it were a bit less in price, bringing the cost within reason *for them) - they would purchase it. However, Cryptic has placed a very high value on these items that does not match the same cost factor as many people believe the value is worth.

Thus, they lash out. Unfortunately, many people are frustrated and sometimes frustration turns into anger and when commenting in a forum while anger percolates those comments tend to not properly and clearly communicate the real issue the commentator is wanting to express.

I agree: many of them either *are* or very clearly *sound like* "whiners". But in fairness, many are really just complaining about the incredibly high pricing, which increases the personal cost to them.

The whiners are whiners when they complain about the Z-Store's very existence in general (and lockboxes and such). However, those that are expressing frustration over Z-Store pricing have a legitimate argument. I am thinking there should be a greater spread between the tiers of Mounts and Companions, for example. Rather than, say $20, $30, $40 for a green, blue, purple (respectively) Mount, how about $15, $25, $40 for that same Mount (respectively)?

In short, Cryptic has placed really high value on these items - and some of those values are off-kilter: I love the Heavy Howler ($40) but I also love the Sword Coast Armored Horse ($30) - there is NO difference functionally between them; same value (purple), same speed, same everything (except for actually look). So why the $10 difference?

The difference spread just doesn't seem justified and clearly is showing Cryptic is not valuing the tangible (specs) but the intangible) looks) of an item. I can see a $5 spread between them, but $10 seems a bit steep for what are practically the same thing.

I am not expressing frustration at Cryptic for this, just pointing out my observations. STO and CO Z-Stores are consistent in item prices based specifically on statistical specs, not looks of the item. The NW Z-Store still need to be fleshed-out. Of course these price spreads for same-type items could be simply an A/B test to see how high they can push the pricing.

And I'm okay with all of it.

Always remember, everyone: This is Cryptic's house, they set the rules. Like it, love it, live it or leave.

I don't see a problem with $40 mounts if they're account wide. Compared to the AD prices of the mount + ranking just does one character. That's a lot of time on one character. Instant for all characters? I'll take it. As for the $10 difference, aesthetics carry a premium.
  • askopdkapokaskopdkapok Member Posts: 648 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So many whiners who have no clue. WHY OW WHY would you ever compalin? did someone put a gun to your head and forced you to buy anything from the store? Why would you complain about expensive mounts and companions if you do not even need to get near them. They are supposed to be exclusive and expensive but more of a luxury.. why the **** would you even say thats unfair? its all cosmetic stuff for a price that people who love cosmetic stuff are willing to pay.. if you dont want to pay that.. dont. Easy as that.

In real life.. do you cry about the economy selling houses for 10 million dollars because you cant buy them? because those people have a larger house then you because they are willing to pay alot?

but if you dont do it in real life.. why would you complain about there being a 40 dollar mount, a 30 dollar companion etc. etc... you dont need to buy it, you are not forced to look at it. So why would you even concern yourself the slightest..

just say " **** those cashshopplayers.. i will prove them wrong and be the greatest player without paying a single dime", which is simply possible as this game isnt even close to pay-to-win anyway if you look at the system objectively which is impossible..

I know its the internet so we should all ignore those kinds of people, but as a graduate at a indie game design school i hate good games being punched into the ground by invalid arguments.
    There are quite alot of problems with this game .. the zenshop being 0% of the problems. The only thing making the zenshop a problem is the players..

Why all the whining about people who have a different opinion than you?

If your happy with the game than play. If you don't like people who have different opinions than you - DONT READ THE THREAD. DONT TROLL INTO THE THREAD. DONT POST A WHINY THREAD COMPLAINING ABOUT IT.

Sheesh, you would think this was a no brainer.
  • jorealjoreal Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I don't think the $40 for an epic mount is that expensive. Considering many subscription games you have to pay $150-200/yr just to play the game and you aren't given anything.
  • lokaidraxmartislokaidraxmartis Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Because other mmo's give us these things for either a single fee a month, or at reasonable prices. Just because we dont " need it" doesnt mean we shouldnt be able to acquire it at reasonable prices. Things like bags, and wards are fairly important to the game. Especially wards... saying that we dont need it is silly... as anyone that knows about level effiency the less you need to empty your bags the better the leveling experience. As for companions and mounts... i'll say that in game companions can only reach level 15... meaning by level 30 your companion is all but worthless. Mounts i dont have as big a gripe with simply because its account wide.

Basically boils down to being a consumer, and wanting to spend money on a product with value. Problem is that in this situation, the value doesnt justify the price. If you walked into a mcdonalds like store, and there bigmac clone was 35 dollars... and the fries cost 20 dollars and drink 10 dollars... would you buy that value meal? i bet you wouldnt... and there in lies the conundrum! are plenty of good action games on the market now...and they are all 50% cheaper then NW and as good as NW is... there are competitors that are doing f2p better and actually care for there fanbase.

Stop being a blind fanboy and wake up... the prices are to high... hell new dragons prophet game is in closed beta...has a founders program and you get 2-3x's as much stuff for half the price here... its insanity!

No because that house has 20-30 rooms, a few acres of land, a massive fence, a swiming pool, ect ect... you are not using a good example here. A mansion would be more like say GW2 where a single purchase gets you 95% of the game, and then can buy addons for a smaller price. No this game is more like public housing... sure you can come and live here based on your income... and no monthly fee, but if you want to put anything in our apartments have to pay a 200% tax on all that stuff!

Its pretty simple concept here... monthly subscription mmo's are asking for LESS a month then here, and you get 3-4x's as much content and access to everything. While here you are given all the contnet for free, but if want basic quality of life things you are asked to pay for 2-3 months as much as a sub mmo would cost you.

This isnt micro-transaction game... its a macro-transaction game... because **** costs you 20-50 dollars and i dont wanna hear that " but you dont need it" because last time i checked you NEED wards! and if you want your companion to not suck you better have a rank 30 companion...

Again because other mmo's give us these things for half the price...or sometimes for ingame currency that doesnt take a year to farm.

Really? only way you can effectively pay free is by working the AH which usually entails ninja looting every epic that comes your way, relying on the economy in game to buy your stuff, you could sell keys but not convinced that over all return on keys will make you you enough profit... either way its not something everyone can do, and only a small minority of players will actually subsist on AD alone.

*buys 100 dollars worth of AD*
    *buys the best in slot gear for lvl 60*
    *buys ton of wards and enchantments*
    *roflstomps scrubs that are grinding gear*

Buying power is the same thing as pay 2 win, you are BUYING power to increase your strength as a player, and thus you have PAID your way to victory. Can everyone earn that gear? yes but you did it in 5 mins vs the 6 months everyone else spent gearing up. Can claim its not p2w all you like, but the cold hard truth is that it really is. Buying power is never a good mechanic it also floods the economy with cash, and makes everything astronomically expensive for the average player...

There are quite alot of problems with this game .. the zenshop being 0% of the problems. The only thing making the zenshop a problem is the players.

Then you need to take some business classes...because over charging your customers, will lose you more customers then not. An old quote from my marketing class stuck with me to this day. for every satisfied customer you have, they will tell one person about it. For every Dissatisfied customer you have, they will tell 10 people. Take every post about the bad cash shop, multiply them by 10, now count every person's name from those posts that agree...multiply it by 10... about 70-80% of that number just stopped playing your game. Of that number you also had about 75% of those people were going to try your game, just not try it and never played it.

Compare this number to the posts saying its a great game...and you can suddenly see that YOU people that are satisfied are in the minority...

Just want to end with... most of us arent asking for stuff to be free...we are just asking for things to be worth the value. If we are spending 100 bucks on your game or more, we better **** well have account wide access to the things we bough... while i feel mounts are worth the value. Companions are not, and untill i see training books in the game i feel its pretty much a needed facet of the game since companions will eventually be useless.

Not about needing them, its about having access to things that, other games have given us either at a good price, or as an in game item for a monthly fee. can argue it all you... but simple fact is...if people dont feel they are getting value for there dollar, they will leave. A few Whales can not support an mmo on there own...what you want is a 100-200k people paying for things on a regular basis... and right now...that is not the design of this game.

Your opinion is noted, but saddly i disagree with out whole heartily.
  • arlandinoarlandino Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I get a little worried when I see some people comparing paying a subscription for years and using that as a basis for the prices in the Zen shop. I can promise you that the industry isn't moving in the cash shop direction because they are giving us more value for our $$. They only found a way to milk you for your money faster (and in potentially greater amounts if you really start hitting the plastic).

Think of it this way: People used to play an MMORPG for a year plus. Now, the market is so saturated that people stick around 2 or 3 months before moving on to the next one. Unfortunately now, the gaming companies are getting you to spend the same or more in a shorter span of time.

I'm as much to blame with feeding into this as I did go with the top Founders pack but I would go back to the $15 a month subscription and no cash shop any day.
  • samanthyasamanthya Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 98
    edited May 2013
    I'd be all for companions you purchased from the store being account bound, but that would require them to be BoP. Then again I've purchased one mount for each toon then farmed AD for pheora on each toon(3 total, will build the other 2 later).
  • muleskinnalumuleskinnalu Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Agreed here--->
    I'm all for capitalism and I know they need to make money, but some of the prices are just out of line.

Most likely they would get more sales if prices weren't so high and possibly work out to more money as less people wouldn't just want to walk away from the game. So far I haven't seen any clear indication that we can actually earn these 24 slot bags in game on our own and are FORCED to pay for them with ZEN. The prices in the AH aren't resonable either so don't say you can buy them there. I've bought keys so far cause like said they are a dollar... I don't see myself spending $40 dollars US on a epic mount or anything, no thanks.

I've palyed WoW for years which worked out to be a lot of money in subscription and HEY probably buying all this <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> in the ZEN store might equal out to the amount I spent but for now with this weird diamond currecny that seems to favour you trading ZEN for to get what you want is kinda lame.
  • jorealjoreal Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    arlandino wrote: »
    I get a little worried when I see some people comparing paying a subscription for years and using that as a basis for the prices in the Zen shop. I can promise you that the industry isn't moving in the cash shop direction because they are giving us more value for our $$. They only found a way to milk you for your money faster (and in potentially greater amounts if you really start hitting the plastic).

Think of it this way: People used to play an MMORPG for a year plus. Now, the market is so saturated that people stick around 2 or 3 months before moving on to the next one. Unfortunately now, the gaming companies are getting you to spend the same or more in a shorter span of time.

I'm as much to blame with feeding into this as I did go with the top Founders pack but I would go back to the $15 a month subscription and no cash shop any day.

Why so you feel so adversarial with the game companies? I find that I like giving money to support the games that I like. It's not necessarily about stretching your dollar as far as you possibly can. Perhaps if people actually had to pay for the resources they were using then you'd appreciate these prices more. You've been paying hundreds of dollars a year for nothing for a long time. Now that you actually get something in direct relation to what you are willing to pay you start *****ing. So because PWE is more up front about the cost you can CHOOSE to spend it or not.
  • northwind2008northwind2008 Member Posts: 64
    edited May 2013
    My guess is prices are high to give the items some exclusivity for a while, when new stuff comes out, they'll drop the prices on the current stuff.
  • tankerontankeron Member Posts: 1
    edited May 2013
    daradal wrote: »
    Its because of the cost of the things and the huge gap between getting the stuff in game or just buying it. Mostly the prices though.

5 dollars for more character slots, 6 dollars to respec, 10 dollars for a bag. And runes an enchantments. Charging to remove them?? I haven't enchanted my pet yet because I know I won't be able the change the enchantment once I put it on her.

I saw this elsewhere but it pretty much puts into perspective the cash shop:

Armor/Weapon Enchantments are for specific slots in your weapon/chest and grant special effects. They come in shards and have a chance to drop from Epic Dungeon bosses. You must combine 4 shards to create a Lesser version of the Enchantment. However, the success chance of fusion is at a staggeringly low 1%. To compensate, they have very strong effects. An example would be the Thunderhead Enchantment. However, the real kicker here is that these "Lesser" versions may be fused again to gain a stronger version. Those may also be fused again to create the strongest version. Ultimately, the Greater Thunderhead Enchantment will have a 30% on crit to damage and stun foes. To create the strongest Enchantment possible, it will cost 160 dollars and 64 shards.

These can also be used in PVP and give people significant boost I hear.

I was just in the lockbox thread and people are buying those keys left and right, some people spending 60 dollars or more. You know why? The keys are a dollar. You make everything in the game a dollar or something maybe higher end stuff two and watch the money roll in. I mean thats just an example but you get the point. Right now there are lots of people out there, including me, that say I'm not spending x amount to get y, its not worth it. People like value for their money right now they're having a hard time perceiving value at the current price levels.

Its also that the Devs were very adamant in saying that this game would not be P2W and though theoretically true, we all are seeing that its not. Sure you can play the game without spending money, but the time invested to do so is so great for such a small result its not worth it to anyone.

This is a great game and I really enjoy it but I'm afraid that the cash shop in its current form with the current prices will kill it.

Totally agree, besides this game compared to other PWE games is cheap ( someone would need about 1k $ to be efficient in PVE and about 10k $ to be competitive in PVP, in Forsaken World ) :)
  • ashgan99ashgan99 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    joreal wrote: »
    Why so you feel so adversarial with the game companies? I find that I like giving money to support the games that I like. It's not necessarily about stretching your dollar as far as you possibly can. Perhaps if people actually had to pay for the resources they were using then you'd appreciate these prices more. You've been paying hundreds of dollars a year for nothing for a long time. Now that you actually get something in direct relation to what you are willing to pay you start *****ing. So because PWE is more up front about the cost you can CHOOSE to spend it or not.
    yeah I like supporting games I can play and enjoy Neverwinter makes it a point to make it both hard to play (tho not impossible) and definately less enjoyable (even if you did pay) example is those @^#$%^ msgs about so and so getting the nightmare mount NO ONE GIVES A FU^$

Edit:
    Only reason I'm sticking around is because:
    A) I like the combat its fairly fun
    B) The foundry is an endless source of content that the devs could never come up with at the same speed a giant playerbase can.

Double Edit:
    As a sidenote mainly for the devs you probably would quiet down some people at least a lil if you... you know labeled the mounts as account wide since I do believe it fails to notify you of that anywhere.
  • wolfzilvawolfzilva Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 167
    edited May 2013
    Just want to end with... most of us arent asking for stuff to be free...we are just asking for things to be worth the value. If we are spending 100 bucks on your game or more, we better **** well have account wide access to the things we bough... while i feel mounts are worth the value. Companions are not, and untill i see training books in the game i feel its pretty much a needed facet of the game since companions will eventually be useless.

Not about needing them, its about having access to things that, other games have given us either at a good price, or as an in game item for a monthly fee. can argue it all you... but simple fact is...if people dont feel they are getting value for there dollar, they will leave. A few Whales can not support an mmo on there own...what you want is a 100-200k people paying for things on a regular basis... and right now...that is not the design of this game.

Your opinion is noted, but saddly i disagree with out whole heartily.

Actually i think most of the QQ threads want it cheaper so they don't have to grind AD as much.
    edited May 2013
    ashgan99 wrote: »
    yeah I like supporting games I can play and enjoy Neverwinter makes it a point to make it both hard to play (tho not impossible) and definately less enjoyable (even if you did pay) example is those @^#$%^ msgs about so and so getting the nightmare mount NO ONE GIVES A FU^$

Your jeleousy is showing. You too can ignore a message on your screen. They put it on there to let you k ow it is possible to get the mount. It's no different than a jackpot alarm. Only people who ar jeleous of the winner care about the announcement. They aren't bragging they are celebrating a winner
  • forsakenstouterforsakenstouter Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    /sigh.
    The prices are what they are so everyone needs to just deal with it. Guess what? If no one but s anything I guarantee the prices will go down. Hell, in 6 months they will be down anyway. Those that are sooo very upset just need to move to another game. I will most likely spend some monies on fluff items and mounts in the near future....and it's my choice; no one is making me.
  • riven84riven84 Member, Banned Users Posts: 574 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    shadeypwnz wrote: »
    You can purchase power in the store, and make yourself statistically better than other players with no effort. That's why.

Blatant lies don't exactly help you get your point across — did you know that?
This discussion has been closed.