test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Are you serious!?!?

geoja111geoja111 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Alright so I love to RP and one of the main thing's I want in MMO's is to be unique in every possible way I can one of the ways I love to be unique is having a really cool mount. Now I decided to look on the Zen store this morning and I see you've added some new mounts (Awesome more content) so I take a little look and the prices for mounts on the store are 4k for an armored bear or wolf.. Are you kidding me ?? That's about what
Post edited by geoja111 on

Comments

• Options
    enderlin50enderlin50 Member Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    geoja111 wrote: »
    Alright so I love to RP and one of the main thing's I want in MMO's is to be unique in every possible way I can one of the ways I love to be unique is having a really cool mount. Now I decided to look on the Zen store this morning and I see you've added some new mounts (Awesome more content) so I take a little look and the prices for mounts on the store are 4k for an armored bear or wolf.. Are you kidding me ?? That's about what

They are priced high because of the Account Unlock. All characters get it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    bcvaporbcvapor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 285 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    enderlin50 wrote: »

hahaha. Is this the shiny new defense?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    muzrub333muzrub333 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's expensive to be a beautiful snowflake.
  • Options
    stonedbillstonedbill Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I made a thread about this. The prices for the new mounts are ridiculous and unjustified.
    1ovlbg9.png

Smoke@stonedbill - Mindflayer - 60 Rogue
  • Options
    tanerastaneras Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    stonedbill wrote: »
    I made a thread about this. The prices for the new mounts are ridiculous and unjustified.

So don't buy them. They aren't necessary to play this already free game.
  • Options
    elyrielleelyrielle Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    bcvapor wrote: »
    hahaha. Is this the shiny new defense?

I don't know that it's new, but it's true. It's a one time purchase for the fastest speed you can go on all your characters.
  • Options
    noosednoosed Member Posts: 247 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I think i'm starting to catch on. This is the situation of the "price is too high" complainers. "I play this game 18 hours a day, I don't have a job. I cannot afford to drop $30 on a mount!!! That must mean the price is too high, I should go to the forums and waste part of the 18 hours a day I spend doing absolutely nothing productive. Screw you PWE!!!!"
  • Options
    yasha00yasha00 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 479 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Actually, the price of the mounts seems pretty reasonable to me. They are unlocked across all characters on account and my one is a rank 3 which takes a lot of time/AD to train to if you get a free mount in game.

Some of the other items though are on the pricey side for sure.
  • Options
    wormgaswormgas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 57
    edited May 2013
    enderlin50 wrote: »

All 2 characters get it and it's not our fault that you don't want to unlock more slots.

IF you're trying to defend at least do it properly.
    That's a fact!
  • Options
    arcbladezarcbladez Member Posts: 210 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    If you prefer paying $15/month for a MMORPG that has over 200 mounts available at your disposal which can be acquired by playing the game, you can always play those instead.

The NW devs need to make money somehow you know! The game devs did not make this game out of charity you know!

P.S. All you people who keep complaining about the Zen Store prices need to stop complaining. You're only making yourself look like a real cheapskate! The game is F2P but that doesn't mean everything is free! You will never find a true F2P video game on this planet, and if you ever do find one, then believe me, it will not last long! A few months or 1 year later, that game will cease to exist since the game developers can't afford to keep it up and running!
  • Options
    meedacthunistmeedacthunist Member Posts: 3,085
    edited May 2013
    ?

Not having a mount is a problem with not being unique? Really?

I'd rather be upset because of scarcity of models for armors, shirts, pants and everything being class restricted. Or having only like... 3 costume sets in Z-Store. Or lack of height slider for character models (while both CO and STO have it).
    But mounts?
    Your armored bear will be exactly the same as any other armored bears in the game.
  • Options
    dadeleviathandadeleviathan Member Posts: 60
    edited May 2013
    taneras wrote: »
    So don't buy them. They aren't necessary to play this already free game.

This.

PWE is not going to listen if all you do is just complain. If, however, you cite your arguments well and vote with your wallet, then they will listen. It's how companies work.

The prices for mounts are ridiculous and unjustified, but nobody is forcing you to buy them. NW is perfectly fun without spending a dime. Not to mention that mounts in this game are next to useless. Almost all of the high priced zen items are, in fact.

Almost all of the zen items that are actually useful are only really useful in PvP, and only then if you don't feel like farming for gear. If you don't mind farming for gear, then zen is absolutely useless in this game, because the majority of items that cost a lot of zen / diamonds aren't really that useful.

Oh boy, I can have a mount. You know, for all those massive wide open areas everywhere in the game... Oh boy, my mount is a big doggy. That was sure $40 well spent. Now if only I had a giant spider that is not only useless but looks absolutely ridiculous. What's that you say? I can buy a companion that is almost as useless as the one I have now for just a few hundred thousand diamonds? OH BOY!
  • Options
    xiolinxiolin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Heres how it will go. Mounts will put in Zen shop for $40. People will complain but it will still be at that price and PWE wont change it. After months and months, they might lower the price of old mounts to maybe $20-$30. Or give other means to get them. Of course by that time, newer and much better mounts will be out with the $40 price tag.

How I know this? Years of experience with PWE games. It's how all of their games a priced in. And in my opinion, it works for them even when people complain about it.

Now I'm not saying that it's good or that i agree to what they are doing. It's just what I've noticed. :)
    Xilly The Silly Dwarf of Eyrda :P
    Waiting for a cool sig T.T
  • Options
    dadeleviathandadeleviathan Member Posts: 60
    edited May 2013
    xiolin wrote: »
    Heres how it will go. Mounts will put in Zen shop for $40. People will complain but it will still be at that price and PWE wont change it. After months and months, they might lower the price of old mounts to maybe $20-$30. Or give other means to get them. Of course by that time, newer and much better mounts will be out with the $40 price tag.

How I know this? Years of experience with PWE games. It's how all of their games a priced in. And in my opinion, it works for them even when people complain about it.

Now I'm not saying that it's good or that i agree to what they are doing. It's just what I've noticed. :)

I'm sorry, but anybody who is paying $40 for a virtual horse needs to seriously rethink their life. I don't care how much money you have, $40 for a virtual horse, virtual giant dog, flying magical butterfly, magical rainbow dustin hoffman, or whatever the heck else PWE dreams up is not an intelligent purchase.
  • Options
    tresp4ssertresp4sser Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I want to try this argument from a different angle. Can someone tell me why mounts in this game are worth more than mounts in another game? How is it that respec'ing is worth more in this game than other games? What is so special about bags in this game that they cost more than other games? The list is long, all with the same "I pay more so I should get more" issue.

I don't have a problem with paying more money for a gourmet meal than for a Big Mac... but if I walk into a restaurant and see a $50 hamburger, I'm going to ask the waiter what is so special about the burger that makes it a $50 burger. Is it made with rare beef? Is the cheese imported from EU? Is the bread hand made/baked? No? Its just a burger? Ok then I don't want it, its too expensive for "just a burger." If I am going to pay $50, I can go elsewhere and get MUCH more than an average burger.

If this was the Lamborghini of mmorpg games, then I could see paying more for that than an average game. I don't think anyone is arguing that this game is somehow better than other games, so how can it then be worth more than an average game?

If someone explained why this game is worth paying more for than other freemium games, that would be great.
  • Options
    syllvvsyllvv Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    muzrub333 wrote: »
    It's expensive to be a beautiful snowflake.

^This............
  • Options
    chalupaoffurychalupaoffury Member Posts: 2,617 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    noosed wrote: »
    I think i'm starting to catch on. This is the situation of the "price is too high" complainers. "I play this game 18 hours a day, I don't have a job. I cannot afford to drop $30 on a mount!!! That must mean the price is too high, I should go to the forums and waste part of the 18 hours a day I spend doing absolutely nothing productive. Screw you PWE!!!!"

I work 60 hours a week, so please don't take this to be a rant by some basement dweller with no job. I've dropped quadruple digits on champions online, so don't think I'm cheap, either. My response to you has nothing to do with a lack of either of these 2 qualities.

My *sub* to other games costs less than a mount here does. Full month of play, for other cryptic games, costs half as much as our cheapest mount. I bought mass effect 3 *new* for as much as a top tier mount in this game costs. You can buy a refurbished Wii for as much as mounts in this game cost.

got an extra 5 bucks above the highest tier mount cost? how about a new ipod?

You can not be serious. Know what prompted my previous purchases? Small costs (12 bucks for a become device, at most, and that totally changed my appearance and powers, and was tradeable even after I used it), and value per transaction.

40 bucks for a cosmetic device in a video game is fully and completely insane, by any method you choose to measure it. I'm curious if we're gonna get the eve online monocle next. Hell, it's only 20 bucks more, why not 100 dollar vanity hats? This way I can see who's a moron in game, just by looking at their clothing.
    In game, I am @EvilTaco. Happily killing purple gang members since May 2008.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
  • Options
    umbagloumbaglo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    While I completely agree with the response of "If you think it's too expensive, then don't buy it", because that's the most direct way to show that the costs are too high, to put things in context I just want to mention that cash shop ships in STO are 5~25$ each.

Given that ships are the primary way you engage with the game, and control what equipment and abilities you have in space combat, the fact that a max level ship there is 25$, and a T3 mount here is 40$ seems a bit out of whack.

At the same time, the cash shop mounts are completely not necessary. Even having a T3 one from my founder pack, I find myself getting everywhere pretty quickly just by running anyway.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    syllvv wrote: »
    ^This............

Yes but why is it more expensive to be a beautiful snowflake in THIS game as compared to others? Is the snowflake in NWN somehow more awesome than being a snowflake in another game?

When people pay higher than average costs to become a snowflake, they should get a better than average snowflake.
  • Options
    yasha00yasha00 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 479 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    tresp4sser wrote: »
    I want to try this argument from a different angle. Can someone tell me why mounts in this game are worth more than mounts in another game? How is it that respec'ing is worth more in this game than other games? What is so special about bags in this game that they cost more than other games? The list is long, all with the same "I pay more so I should get more" issue.

I don't have a problem with paying more money for a gourmet meal than for a Big Mac... but if I walk into a restaurant and see a $50 hamburger, I'm going to ask the waiter what is so special about the burger that makes it a $50 burger. Is it made with rare beef? Is the cheese imported from EU? Is the bread hand made/baked? No? Its just a burger? Ok then I don't want it, its too expensive for "just a burger." If I am going to pay $50, I can go elsewhere and get MUCH more than an average burger.

If this was the Lamborghini of mmorpg games, then I could see paying more for that than an average game. I don't think anyone is arguing that this game is somehow better than other games, so how can it then be worth more than an average game?

If someone explained why this game is worth paying more for than other freemium games, that would be great.

Mounts cost a lot of AD and time to train up in game so buying them is a real convenience and actually saves you a ton of grinding in the long run. They can also be considered a cosmetic item. I believe in wow they cost $25 dollars so really there is not that big a gap.

The price of some of the practical items like respec tokens etc seems pretty high, and I can't give a rational explantaion for it.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I'm sorry, but anybody who is paying $40 for a virtual horse needs to seriously rethink their life. I don't care how much money you have, $40 for a virtual horse, virtual giant dog, flying magical butterfly, magical rainbow dustin hoffman, or whatever the heck else PWE dreams up is not an intelligent purchase.

Why do people always think that it's not worth it to buy something. I always say this, one person might spend thousands of dollars on booze, some on women, on hobbies etc... So why cant a person just spend money on a game? Why is it ok to buy 100's of games to play but not ok to buy an item virtually from the internet for a game? It all depends on the person. If it makes him happy, why shouldn't he spend it?

Now me, I don't spend money on online games because I play it as a time pass so i don't find a need to buy anything. But I have a friend who spends a couple of bucks per month to buy some items. I asked him why he buys those expensive things and he replied that it was because he wanted to buy it.

It's just like the people who are buying high end sports cars. Compared to others, its still a car (yes i know, its a poor example, dont use this in any argument :P )
  • Options
    kimberixkimberix Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'll never buy ANYTHING in-game for that amount of money. I bought the Guardian pack as I could see some benefit to me for that, but the single item prices for mounts and companions (I know they are account-based) are just laughable.

I played a few facebook games a year or so ago and the costs there were miniscule, yet I still paid a healthy amount of money to play them because I didn't feel like I was being fleeced. Here, they're looking for the big bangs all the time rather than a slow-burn.

Any ever remember the story of the Tortoise versus the Hare? I'll give you a clue - the tortoise won!

If you keep your prices cheap and plentiful, chances are that the sheer amount of purchases will eventually outweigh the few, larger purchases that may be happening now. Even if they don't, you've still got less chance of turning away your current (and future) customers by suggesting such high values which may see you losing more money in the end anyway.
  • Options
    sinistrad1sinistrad1 Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    xiolin wrote: »
    Why do people always think that it's not worth it to buy something. I always say this, one person might spend thousands of dollars on booze, some on women, on hobbies etc... So why cant a person just spend money on a game? Why is it ok to buy 100's of games to play but not ok to buy an item virtually from the internet for a game? It all depends on the person. If it makes him happy, why shouldn't he spend it?

Now me, I don't spend money on online games because I play it as a time pass so i don't find a need to buy anything. But I have a friend who spends a couple of bucks per month to buy some items. I asked him why he buys those expensive things and he replied that it was because he wanted to buy it.

It's just like the people who are buying high end sports cars. Compared to others, its still a car (yes i know, its a poor example, dont use this in any argument :P )
    +1 to this, just right stuff over here:)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    sjirosjiro Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 124 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Anyone notice how lockboxes are on a 'win timer'. Regardless of how many you purchase, you will never win unless you are opening them within an unspecified time frame. This is likely why you see groups of players winning every 4 hours or so, instead of randomly as advertised.

A lot of players, including myself, have opened several hundred boxes without winning the nightmare. Did we seriously have 0% chance of winning because we were not opening them at the right time, Cryptic?

I have a ticket open asking for clarification on the issue (scam). It's been 96 hours since I opened it, and still no reply. They are probably rushing to fix the issue before it ends up in court.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I think the problem xiolin is that PWE is charging Chevy Corvette prices for Chevy Cavalier type products.

The most expensive in game products in the world should have something that says "Luxury" about them, instead of being as average as average can get while still keeping the Corvette price.
  • Options
    stonedbillstonedbill Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This is PWE's biggest release in years, so naturally, they are gonna milk it all they can. All I can say is we just have to keep reminding them that the prices are TOO HIGH, and maybe, JUST MAYBE, they will have zen sales or cut prices indefinitely.
    1ovlbg9.png

Smoke@stonedbill - Mindflayer - 60 Rogue
  • Options
    glanniganglannigan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 463 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    noosed wrote: »

Noosed casts "Words of Epic Wisdom +3" and it strikes trolls for 83 damage.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    tresp4sser wrote: »
    I think the problem xiolin is that PWE is charging Chevy Corvette prices for Chevy Cavalier type products.

The most expensive in game products in the world should have something that says "Luxury" about them, instead of being as average as average can get while still keeping the Corvette price.

Yea I understand that. I never said that the prices weren't high. I was just saying that it has been like that for all these years with other PWE games. And also that if a person do want to spend their money, then it's their choice. I'm just happy that their payment is making me play for free =D (And yes I am guilty of not paying anything and playing. Maybe one day I'll put a dime in a game :P )