test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Bags, bank slots, respecs, character slots.

Comments

• riven84riven84 Member, Banned Users Posts: 574 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    spoken like a true Riot GD poster ;)

GD?

/10char
  • yasha00yasha00 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 479 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    mconosrep wrote: »
    I think the prices are not all that unreasonable if you only play one or two characters.

$20 for 2 bags
    $5 for additional bank space
    $30 for purple companion.
    $30 for max speed mount (can be used on all other charterers as well)

So around $85 for the first character and $55 more for each one after that.

So if you compare it to the cost of buy and pay a monthly fee for a P2P MMO then if you only have a couple of main characters its okay. If you like to make alts it will get expensive very quickly though.

I paid $60 for GW2. I have repseced about 200 times, I have the largest bags on all my characters, I had 6? character slots to start with, no need for a mount, free access to any gear with limited grind. In NW that would cost me over $1000 right?
  • kimmurieloblodrakimmurieloblodra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    yasha00 wrote: »
    I paid $60 for GW2. I have repseced about 200 times, I have the largest bags on all my characters, I had 6? character slots to start with, no need for a mount, free access to any gear with limited grind. In NW that would cost me over $1000 right?

Go play GW2 then?

No one is forcing you to come in here and cry about it on the forums.... And you are forgetting the fact that GW2 royally sucks
    edited May 2013
    shahualing wrote: »
    People never seem to understand that people aren't asking for these things for free...we're asking for the pricing to be reasonable. Which as it is currently, is anything but.

What the ****?

What is reasonable to one, is unreasonable to another. It is literally 100% impossible to set price points that are both reasonable to the developer & publisher, and are considered reasonable to the entire playerbase.

Who are you to decide that (for example) $10 for a bag is unreasonable in general? It's unreasonable to you, sure — and to me as well, but to many people it isn't. It's for PWE to determine if they are happy with the income they are generating at the current price points. Feel free to voice that you, personally, find the price points too high, but don't claim 'unreasonable', you cannot validly make that point. Period.
    edited May 2013
    Go play GW2 then?

No one is forcing you to come in here and cry about it on the forums.... And you are forgetting the fact that GW2 royally sucks

Indeed. I'd rather have what looks to be a much more well-designed and engineered game which doesn't hand everything to me, than a crappy game like GW2 where I get the convenience more cheaply.
  • kimmurieloblodrakimmurieloblodra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    riven84 wrote: »
    Indeed. I'd rather have what looks to be a much more well-designed and engineered game which doesn't hand everything to me, than a crappy game like GW2 where I get the convenience more cheaply.

All your posts have been pure gold today.
  • yasha00yasha00 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 479 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Go play GW2 then?

Crying? If enough people feel NW is extremely expensive it won't be me who is doing the crying. And since I like NW that worries me.

Ah yes, I can definitely see why people would pay $1000+ more for this game.
    edited May 2013
    Crying? If enough people feel NW is extremely expensive it won't be me who is doing the crying. And since I like NW that worries me.

If 6$ for a bag, 6$ for more character slots, and 6$ for bank slots (18$ in total) is extremely expensive, you should probably stop playing video games for a bit and go get a job.
  • noosednoosed Member Posts: 247 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Exactly, if you cant fork over $20 for a ftp game then you shouldn't be gaming. Come get my returnables so you can buy yourself a piece of pizza for supper.
    edited May 2013
    Ah this tired old gem.

I can afford it, I can probably afford you. However what this comes down to isn't whether people can afford it or not, it is value.

Hi, you're stupid.
    edited May 2013
    Ah this tired old gem.

I can afford it, I can probably afford you. However what this comes down to isn't whether people can afford it or not, it is value.

YOU ARE PLAYING THIS GAME FOR FREE. 20$ for everything you will ever need per character is peanuts.
    edited May 2013
    Incorrect, everything you'd need for your character would cost around 2800USD. That is per character, not per account.

Break this down for me little boy. Then when you're done go ahead and define "need" for me, because you obviously do not know what that word means.
  • tanerastaneras Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Incorrect, everything you'd need for your character would cost around 2800USD. That is per character, not per account.

What would those "need" items be?
    edited May 2013

I'm working on my second 60, and I'm up to a grand total of .... wait for it ....... 0$ !!! And it's not because I can't afford it, it's because everything you need is given to you for free.
    edited May 2013
    What the ****?

What is reasonable to one, is unreasonable to another. It is literally 100% impossible to set price points that are both reasonable to the developer & publisher, and are considered reasonable to the entire playerbase.

Who are you to decide that (for example) $10 for a bag is unreasonable in general? It's unreasonable to you, sure — and to me as well, but to many people it isn't. It's for PWE to determine if they are happy with the income they are generating at the current price points. Feel free to voice that you, personally, find the price points too high, but don't claim 'unreasonable', you cannot validly make that point. Period.

Sure you can. When there is a huge gap in the price of comparable goods it is fair to say that one is overpriced or priced unreasonably high. In the case of bags, some mmos let you get all the bags you want for free while others charge $10 a pop. Although I personally can live without buying more bags, they are obviously more expensive for the same function; and compared to one very popular mmo in particular, I would say some items in the NW cash shop are unreasonably high.
  • tanerastaneras Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Sure you can. When there is a huge gap in the price of comparable goods it is fair to say that one is overpriced or priced unreasonably high. In the case of bags, some mmos let you get all the bags you want for free while others charge $10 a pop. Although I personally can live without buying more bags, they are obviously more expensive for the same function; and compared to one very popular mmo in particular, I would say some items in the NW cash shop are unreasonably high.

By comparable goods, do you mean the free bags you get while questing? Pretty sure I've gotten 2 so far and I'm not even lv 60 yet.
    edited May 2013
    The only real problem i see with this game so far...is there are way too many whiny *****es on the forum.
    edited May 2013

A very popular MMO that costs 15$ a month, plus 50$ x 5 for the game, (for the 4 xpacs)? Or the "very popular" MMO that costs 60$ B2P with no sub, but with an expensive cash shop?

Both of those games scammed you out of your money already, they don't need to do it in the cash shops.
    edited May 2013
    noosed wrote: »
    The only real problem i see with this game so far...is there are way too many whiny *****es on the forum.

This, if its not the respecs, its the bags, or the mounts, or the companions, or the bank slots. Or even the 24k AD a day limit. I guess people want to be max level, best gear, max professions, all the mounts, all within 1-2 weeks. I'm betting those same people would complain once they got all that stuff that there is no longer anything to do and eventually quit from boredom.

Hell, I remember open beta launch day, there was a complaint thread about once every 2-3 minute being created complaining about the queue. Within 24hrs it was fixed, perhaps even less... People couldn't even wait that long before complaining.

Now we're seeing "pvp bot" threads pop up, which is a legitimate complaint but this only started when the f2p players started playing. I have to wonder if some of these complainers are wanting more stuff for free and are afking during pvp matches.
    edited May 2013
    A very popular MMO that costs 15$ a month, plus 50$ x 5 for the game, (for the 4 xpacs)? Or the "very popular" MMO that costs 60$ B2P with no sub, but with an expensive cash shop?

Both of those games scammed you out of your money already, they don't need to do it in the cash shops.

A very popular mmo that costs $60 (basically free for me) and has no sub. In addition you can get the equivalant of what would cost you over $1000 worth of stuff in NW for free in game-and not even by grinding, just by having fun playing the parts of the game you like.
    edited May 2013
    taneras wrote: »
    This, if its not the respecs, its the bags, or the mounts, or the companions, or the bank slots. Or even the 24k AD a day limit. I guess people want to be max level, best gear, max professions, all the mounts, all within 1-2 weeks. I'm betting those same people would complain once they got all that stuff that there is no longer anything to do and eventually quit from boredom.

Hell, I remember open beta launch day, there was a complaint thread about once every 2-3 minute being created complaining about the queue. Within 24hrs it was fixed, perhaps even less... People couldn't even wait that long before complaining.

Now we're seeing "pvp bot" threads pop up, which is a legitimate complaint but this only started when the f2p players started playing. I have to wonder if some of these complainers are wanting more stuff for free and are afking during pvp matches.

I think most of them just want to straight up port out their level 90 WoW "toon" to this game so they can experience an actual fun combat system with their beloved "toon" they've poured so much money into.
    edited May 2013
    This is to be competitive in the end game. You can get to 60 and play at 60 with a reasonable amount of inconvenience without spending anything.

BUT as soon as you want to start doing the larger things, the items that you need for that...such as max level enchantments...the price goes up astronomically.

You didn't answer my question.

Regarding the zen store items, what items do you *NEED* to have in order to play end game content?
  • joeamaxinjoeamaxin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    imivo wrote: »

Warframe is more P2W than this, really. You get blueprints, but it is not fast or simple to get the parts. And PoE, eh, donated money, didn't like it.

Are you high? I've played Warframe for about 20h since it came out and already have 3 warframes and 2 sets of guns. It is really easy to get the stuff from the shop by just playing the game. The only thing you cant get in game are the cosmetic items, character slots and weapon slots. I don't understand how that is P2W. And also the game is only co-op how can P2W be applicable to a co-op game?
  • jfoodjfood Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I think most of them just want to straight up port out their level 90 WoW "toon" to this game so they can experience an actual fun combat system with their beloved "toon" they've poured so much money into.

If there is no thought applied to your statements how can you claim to think?

There was a mod on here yesterday talking about how when the game goes into release state they've talked about opening up a test server, so we can try out new builds and test for bugs without having to pay $6.

This is the equally the best and worst forum.
    edited May 2013
    jfood wrote: »
    If there is no thought applied to your statements how can you claim to think?

There was a mod on here yesterday talking about how when the game goes into release state they've talked about opening up a test server, so we can try out new builds and test for bugs without having to pay $6.

This is the equally the best and worst forum.

1.) People aren't just complaining about the cost of respecs.
    2.) This actually counters the people complaining about the cost of respecs.
    edited May 2013
    taneras wrote: »
    By comparable goods, do you mean the free bags you get while questing? Pretty sure I've gotten 2 so far and I'm not even lv 60 yet.

I mean what I said. I have 6 characters with 5 or 6 24-slot (biggest?) bags in another mmo, and the price of those bags was having fun. In this game the price for a comparable good, outside the free quest bags, is much higher.
    edited May 2013
    I think most of us just want reasonable prices in the cash shop.

Define "reasonable". That's right, it's absolutely subjective, and you can't.
    edited May 2013
    I mean what I said. I have 6 characters with 5 or 6 24-slot (biggest?) bags in another mmo, and the price of those bags was having fun. In this game the price for a comparable good, outside the free quest bags, is much higher.

but you didnt need to throw 60$ in this game to play.
    edited May 2013
    but you didnt need to throw 60$ in this game to play.

You will need to spend much more than that for comparable bags, bank slots, respecs, character slots.
  • vythicalvythical Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If 1 person complains. Than its obviously just that persons issue. If more than 10 people complain. Than is there a real issue?

Sure you pay $15 a month to play WoW, but how many times have you spent the money for server transfers, name change, race change?