Install Arc
Options

Tarmalune Trade bars - you must be joking

Comments

• Options
    djynnidjynni Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    starkaos wrote: »
    Not necessarily. Unless timm4444 states that they bought the Founder's pack, then it is possible that someone gave the Founder's Pack to them or they won the Founder's Pack from one of the Trivia contests. It is possible to get the Founder's Pack for free.

But not a great example of how everyone can do it...
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It is possible for anyone. All that matters is getting enough Astral Diamonds. People with Founder's Packs just have it easier to start the process. Not having the Founder's Pack just means that they are delayed for about a month to get all the Astral Diamonds they need. Although there is a flaw in their process. There is an excessive amount of Astral Diamonds currently in the economy. So doing the same thing won't necessarily give the same amount of Astral Diamonds in the same amount of time. Also, as time goes on lockbox items decrease in value on the Auction House.
  • Options
    aurennaurenn Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    To chime in about the lock box and the trade bars...I honestly love the idea. It is a CHANCE PACK with a CHANCE to get the high end item I.E. the nightmare heavy twilight which you can get with the trade bars.

Even if you 'gamble' on the lockbox you get the bars, which if you gamble enough you get enough of the bars to actually GET the mount. It's sorta to insure you sink your money into the keys for the lock boxes, because either you get lucky and get the mount or get enough of the trade bars to get it.

Considering most other MMO's don't give you any 'secondary' prizes after dumping say....300$ into chance packs this is sorta a counter to "I spent 500$ on those lock boxes and didn't get the heavy nightmare twilight!"
  • Options
    terradraconisterradraconis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sleibner wrote: »
    nice gping u say u got it for 0 doller, yet u still say u used ad from youre founders pack, and as far as i know plz tell me how much dos the founders pack cost to buy, getting my meening

It does not require any founders pack to do this. Simply earn AD then start the process.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    serotonergicserotonergic Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 42
    edited May 2013
    Pics of 20 mil AD or it didn't happen.
  • Options
    terradraconisterradraconis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Pics of 20 mil AD or it didn't happen.

You'll have to ask someone who claims to have made 20M. I have only claimed to have made 210K in 23 levels.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    rhadagast1rhadagast1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 46
    edited May 2013
    Can you be a bit more specific? Do you know of a link anywhere to compare them or such? This was the first i had heard about them being different.

Scroll down and you can see the two mounts and how they differ in appearance.
    http://nw.perfectworld.com/news/?p=877081
  • Options
    kirantorkirantor Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If anyone has the delusion that this game is anything more than a shameless money grab.. you are kidding your selves. Just play the story, see there is nothing at endgame and quit with the sour taste that you spent actual money on this.
  • Options
    tanerastaneras Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    most of the time you get more than 10, or 10, and very rarely you get less than 10 in a box. Someone has reported getting as many as 40 in a box.

I'm pretty sure I got 78 from one. Never seen anything above 20 outside of that. Sometimes I've gotten as few as 3 or 4.

TBH the items purchased by the bars sorta suck. Look at the purple weapons for instance... You can already buy better for 200,000 AD on the AH. At the current exchange rate (at least as of last night) that's just under 600 zen or about 4-5 keys.

People complain about having to buy keys for the lockboxes, when in the end you don't have too and shouldn't. The rewards are bad.
  • Options
    banicksbanicks Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 66
    edited May 2013
    If you're like me, RNG gods don't favour at all. So I've not bothered, with any zen thing. Zen for a chance of professions? Yea no thanks.

If I'm spending real money, I want a real guaranteed item I want. Other than that, happy to have what I have outright from HotN and drop the game when something else comes along.
    Oceanic Neverwinter Online Guild: http://19thbattalion.com/
  • Options
    hkiewahkiewa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 379 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    kirantor wrote: »
    If anyone has the delusion that this game is anything more than a shameless money grab.. you are kidding your selves. Just play the story, see there is nothing at endgame and quit with the sour taste that you spent actual money on this.

Bye. I'd ask for your stuff but since you can't figure out how to earn AD/Zen, it is safe to assume you have none
  • Options
    mutharexmutharex Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    pwgu wrote: »
    even at 40 bars per box you're spending 78.13 to get the mount.

on the flip side you've now just confirmed that it's cheaper to buy weapons and gear for cash.

You don't get just the bars in a lockbox, you have a chance for green,blue and purple items. I didn't get a mount but I got LOADS of blue and green crafting assets and a couple of relics (worth 40K AD each)
  • Options
    mutharexmutharex Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hkiewa wrote: »
    Bye. I'd ask for your stuff but since you can't figure out how to earn AD/Zen, it is safe to assume you have none

**** it, I wasted time composing a useful answer while all the time he was just one of those whiners.....
  • Options
    beaghan1beaghan1 Member Posts: 404 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    money grab, items cost what??? OMG! hahaha these things crack me up. All because it's f2p do you people think they are non for profit? the first charity based mmo maybe? How do you think Devs get paid? power bills? etc.? get over it and either buy stuff or be happy playing with what you get for free. I'm cleaning up my forums look by adding a bunch of constant complainers to ignore so I can see actual game info on the forum.
  • Options
    viscacha1viscacha1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I love how everyone's calling the game a money grab game.. just don't spend money on it then? You can get everything for free, aside from the things included in founder packs of course. Just sell the items you get from lockboxes and you can make a profit on AD, especially if you buy the zen for keys instead of buying keys straight up from the AH considering i've been getting Zen for about 380 AD each, equaling 47.5k AD and they're like 60k on AH. Not to mention you get AD from professions, daily dungeons/skirmishes/foundry, praying..etc. People complaining are more than likely those that just don't know how to get AD.
  • Options
    nornsavantnornsavant Member Posts: 311 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Humans are slow, weak, lazy, inattentive creatures as far as animals go; pretty good with tools but otherwise unremarkable. Having the spot we do in the food chain can make it easy to forget that we, as humans, don’t pay attention most of the time.

This is the concept upon which most marketing is based. “They won’t notice.” Divorcing the product from a monetary figure and making it Zen or AD or Flying Monkey Points makes it less likely you will connect the two, less likely that you will notice.

Some people do notice however and they may feel manipulated, there may be a sense of outrage in their commentary or some righteousness in their declaration of the facts. But I can certainly overlook that. I think it is worthy information. If you want product A and you are trying to get it with mechanic B this is how much you will be spending in real money. Did the number seem large to you when you read it? Things like that can get peoples attention.

Yes the company has to make money and that isn’t really the issue. The issue, I feel, is how they are going about it. The reason the micro-transaction model is so profitable is because it can be loaded with tricks to catch you not paying attention, e.g. paying 60$ to imagine you started off from nothing.

Fooling some of the people some of the time turns out to be pretty good for the bottom line.

But perhaps you are the sort who sees nothing wrong with paying 78$ for a digital pony. Heck, real ponies cost way more so it’s really a bargain when you look at it that way; 100$ for a virtual sword, 80$ for a phantom shield. We can call that the Pentagon spending plan.

But the reason people campaign for a monthly fee is so that they don’t have to feel like they are playing poker against the house every time something new comes out. They don’t want to have to strategize a path through the labyrinth every time they find something they like. And they don’t want to discover a scheme by which they stand to drop hundreds of dollars for literally nothing. Seeing something like that can make people feel foolish. It becomes less about making money than about tricking you out of it. Not everyone appreciates being on the receiving end of that.

But perhaps this is just a unintended anomaly. Perhaps the thinking really was to just provide something in the boxes that might be used toward something eventually totally as an aside. I can certainly see a decision like that being made without any sort of real analysis or critical thinking. Why worry? Just add some things to the boxes and it will be gravy, lagniappe. But of course the nature of the system shows up in all its parts unless one is quite careful. Pi is found in the math of the pyramids because they used a wheel to measure in their construction, greed shows up here for obvious reasons. I am not saying its evil, just obvious.

I am still waiting for the lockboxes with bridges in them, imma buy so many of those!
  • Options
    ninjajoeninjajoe Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    People keep using the term P2W when they don't even understand it. It's okay to try to fit in with all the think they are cool kids. Let us be cool and use the work P2W. This game is not P2W. The stats on those weapons are a joke. Go pvp or any epic dungeon.
  • Options
    kimberixkimberix Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    People also have to start remembering that paying a subscription doesn't guarantee them full access to the entire game.

I paid a subscription to Everquest and Warcraft and there were still some zones, mobs and items that I never got to see. Of course, then everyone started complaining that they deserved all of this (after all they're paying for it) and so we lost keyed zones, unique quests and re-runs of a dungeon for that specific piece of equipment. Instead we ended up with seals / tokens to keep everyone happy.

Although, it now seems that people are complaning when they get the tokens as well :O
  • Options
    spyke2009spyke2009 Member Posts: 674 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    nornsavant wrote: »
    Humans are slow, weak, lazy, inattentive creatures as far as animals go; pretty good with tools but otherwise unremarkable. Having the spot we do in the food chain can make it easy to forget that we, as humans, don’t pay attention most of the time.

This is the concept upon which most marketing is based. “They won’t notice.” Divorcing the product from a monetary figure and making it Zen or AD or Flying Monkey Points makes it less likely you will connect the two, less likely that you will notice.

Some people do notice however and they may feel manipulated, there may be a sense of outrage in their commentary or some righteousness in their declaration of the facts. But I can certainly overlook that. I think it is worthy information. If you want product A and you are trying to get it with mechanic B this is how much you will be spending in real money. Did the number seem large to you when you read it? Things like that can get peoples attention.

Yes the company has to make money and that isn’t really the issue. The issue, I feel, is how they are going about it. The reason the micro-transaction model is so profitable is because it can be loaded with tricks to catch you not paying attention, e.g. paying 60$ to imagine you started off from nothing.

Fooling some of the people some of the time turns out to be pretty good for the bottom line.

But perhaps you are the sort who sees nothing wrong with paying 78$ for a digital pony. Heck, real ponies cost way more so it’s really a bargain when you look at it that way; 100$ for a virtual sword, 80$ for a phantom shield. We can call that the Pentagon spending plan.

But the reason people campaign for a monthly fee is so that they don’t have to feel like they are playing poker against the house every time something new comes out. They don’t want to have to strategize a path through the labyrinth every time they find something they like. And they don’t want to discover a scheme by which they stand to drop hundreds of dollars for literally nothing. Seeing something like that can make people feel foolish. It becomes less about making money than about tricking you out of it. Not everyone appreciates being on the receiving end of that.

But perhaps this is just a unintended anomaly. Perhaps the thinking really was to just provide something in the boxes that might be used toward something eventually totally as an aside. I can certainly see a decision like that being made without any sort of real analysis or critical thinking. Why worry? Just add some things to the boxes and it will be gravy, lagniappe. But of course the nature of the system shows up in all its parts unless one is quite careful. Pi is found in the math of the pyramids because they used a wheel to measure in their construction, greed shows up here for obvious reasons. I am not saying its evil, just obvious.

I am still waiting for the lockboxes with bridges in them, imma buy so many of those!

+1 couldn't be more right, it's not so much that things are a bit pricey (they kind are) it's that the trickery and garbage becomes irritating fast. even if it's not in your face obvious til endgame or immediately by design.
  • Options
    bellaralodunbellaralodun Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have 140 bars, and I am happy for now. I am sure over time I will eventually get enough to get the mount I want... I can wait! I am happy that the bars are even IN the lockboxes... it lets our failed boxes have some worth even thou they might suck badly.
  • Options
    pops000pops000 Member Posts: 250 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    beaghan1 wrote: »
    money grab, items cost what??? OMG! hahaha these things crack me up. All because it's f2p do you people think they are non for profit? the first charity based mmo maybe? How do you think Devs get paid? power bills? etc.? get over it and either buy stuff or be happy playing with what you get for free. I'm cleaning up my forums look by adding a bunch of constant complainers to ignore so I can see actual game info on the forum.

PWRD and I thank you for being a sucker. How much more have you spent? 200 bucks and counting, the game has been live for what?
    Two weeks?

Free to play? LOL.

A box and sub is cheaper.
  • Options
    sasheriasasheria Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    nornsavant wrote: »

But Sub model doesn't pay the bill unless you already have MILLIONS of users or great content ready to roll (either way or both)

Many games before this have sub models, and see how many "newer MMO" try to sub at start then change to F2P.

We are in "soft release/open beta" which the game is NOT even 2 weeks old yet. (I gauge the age by when there are no more wipes) these bar items are side reward in CASE you don't win ANYTHING good from lock boxes. Kinda of consolation prize or something similar so you could get something for your worth.

We had the SAME issue with STO lock boxes originally. People didn't get the "ultimate prize" and end up with "<font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>/lower quality" item for 125 zen and people were not happy. Lobi Crystal was borned. NWN is trying to avoid that on day one and thus put in bars.

People are looking at this game that I must have everything from Day 1 (or day 10 at this point) Sure there were exploits to get to 60 and such but since it is F2P game, it is hard to do a roll back. I remember older MMO when there was a game exploit of this level we get a roll back. (UO, EQ did this)

Would sub model be any better? possible, but we would have less players and there will be gated entry (cost of the box game and monthly sub) Today's market it is hard to be a sub model since there are OTHER games who are F2P.

I see NWN similar to STO when it comes to lock boxes and Zen/AD items. In STO, after 5 years, players can earn everything given enough time. I notice that NWN players want it NOW NOW NOW but don't want to spend the dollars to get it.
    To grow old is inevitable, to grow up is optional.
    Please review my campaign and I'll return the favor.
  • Options
    dcoy1dcoy1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    starkaos wrote: »
    Not necessarily. Unless timm4444 states that they bought the Founder's pack, then it is possible that someone gave the Founder's Pack to them or they won the Founder's Pack from one of the Trivia contests. It is possible to get the Founder's Pack for free.

Trying sooo hard. Just to fail.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    pops000 wrote: »
    PWRD and I thank you for being a sucker. How much more have you spent? 200 bucks and counting, the game has been live for what?
    Two weeks?

Free to play? LOL.

A box and sub is cheaper.

So go buy something, sub to it, play it and troll their forum instead of this
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    mutharex wrote: »
    So go buy something, sub to it, play it and troll their forum instead of this

It's free to troll kid, thanks for your 60 bucks.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    It's free to troll kid, thanks for your 60 bucks.

"How I detest the poor"

Sebastian O
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    mutharex wrote: »
    "How I detest the poor"

Sebastian O

Not poor any more just sold 7 parts for $989 each.
  • Options
    labbblabbb Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I opened 10 chest got 93 bars , chest 9 only had 3 bars all the rest had 10 . I will open 10 more when the next chest comes out . And in 2 years I will finally get that jesters hat :P I'm in no rush .
  • Options
    callmedeuxcallmedeux Member Posts: 182 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Some people (obviously very poor) lack common sense.

It is a GOOD, free, MMO. Why not spend a little cash? Personally ive spent 40 already and I fought out about this game 1 day before OB launched.

Ill spend another 60-100 and at that point ill probably have everything ill ever need in game..

Fine with me.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Not poor any more just sold 7 parts for $989 each.

WOW!! ALMOST A GRAND!

I suppose they were body parts: yours or you hack to pieces people that cross your bridge without paying the toll?