test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Reset All Foundry Exploiters Characters to Level 5

mofugli1mofugli1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 40
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
People should not be allowed to cheat!!!!
Post edited by mofugli1 on

Comments

• Options
    j0mberwakij0mberwaki Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 152 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    mofugli1 wrote: »

Delevel the cheeters.
    4895b885-3d65-48d2-9eb2-d940289d7be4_zps8e4ae678.jpg
    WTB Big-Giant Robot Camels, tbh...
  • Options
    harye84harye84 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Your tears, they're delicious.
  • Options
    j0mberwakij0mberwaki Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 152 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    harye84 wrote: »
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Your tears, they're delicious.

your cheets r leet, bro
  • Options
    charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ok, while I don't like exploits, this one is pretty harmless imo and it's been fixed so that it won't continue. Can you name one harmful result of the people that did this to level staying at 60? I can't think of any way where it harms any other player now that the exploit has ended.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    yes.

1. lv. 60 noobs
    2. dumb economy of very rares
  • Options
    gotnksgotnks Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Spoilers: Max lvl noobs exist in games regardless of how they got there. People are just stupid. This thread proves that.
  • Options
    xaazxxaazx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 122 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    1. Level 60 noobs will happen regardless of how anyone levels. I've seen terrible 60's in my groups that leveled properly. I've also seen excellent 60's who leveled off Ogres (not the trapped ones)

2. Broken economy? This will happen regardless of what you do to the exploiters. In fact, this actually benefits the economy because there are MORE items for sale, thus driving the prices down.

You may want to actually learn how a system works before you whine about it. About the only thing I agree with is that the trapped ogres giving experience was an exploit and should have not been allowed.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    xaazx wrote: »
    1. Level 60 noobs will happen regardless of how anyone levels. I've seen terrible 60's in my groups that leveled properly. I've also seen excellent 60's who leveled off Ogres (not the trapped ones)

2. Broken economy? This will happen regardless of what you do to the exploiters. In fact, this actually benefits the economy because there are MORE items for sale, thus driving the prices down.

You may want to actually learn how a system works before you whine about it. About the only thing I agree with is that the trapped ogres giving experience was an exploit and should have not been allowed.

1. It would be avoided more if exploits were less "frowned upon" and more "done something about" and implements being used to stop it from happening.

2. Incorrect. More items of same type = less demand = less money = less gain = economy inevitably worse because what should be hard to come by is not.

And this post isn't stupid. It brings about the point that cheeters r cheeters and shouldn't just get ez-mode leveling because they're too lazy to do it themselves in a challenging way.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Also, my point is this: exploits are exploits, they break both PVE and PVP whether it be maliciously intended or not - mainly in PVE it is not, but knowingly using a method to gain something in a fast and easy manner while others did it the legit way? That's dumb, and should be prevented.

Secondly, everyone wants to whine when an exploit in an MMO causes PVP to break - someone can hump walls and avoid damage, do something to get under the graphical ground to still damage you while invisible, things of that nature ... within an instant, they're on the forums and raged on about. You can't hate one exploit and be a-ok with another, it's still breaking the game and quite simply cheating to get somewhere.
  • Options
    xaazxxaazx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 122 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    j0mberwaki wrote: »
    1. It would be avoided more if exploits were less "frowned upon" and more "done something about" and implements being used to stop it from happening.

2. Incorrect. More items of same type = less demand = less money = less gain = economy inevitably worse because what should be hard to come by is not.

And this post isn't stupid. It brings about the point that cheeters r cheeters and shouldn't just get ez-mode leveling because they're too lazy to do it themselves in a challenging way.

1. What would be avoided more? Stupid level 60's? Not a chance. There are so many bad players out there and that's fine. Don't think for one second that people would mysteriously become better by soloing through quests on rails.

2. Less demand? Do you even watch the auction house or are you just crying because by the time YOU get to run the dungeons, you can't sell loot for today's prices, that for the record, drop daily? Also, there is nothing hard to come by. if you were even 60 or even ran any dungeons, you'd know this. There are no raids with raid loot or lockouts. Get off the high horse.

Leveling challenging? LOL what zones are you playing in? There wasn't one zone that was challenging at all as I leveled. Any challenge was easily overcome by a healing pot. I hate to say it, but if you feel leveling is a challenge, it's a L2Pyour class issue.

Finally, this annoys me to no end because it's almost as if you do it on purpose. It's spelled CHEATERS.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Also, my point is this: exploits are exploits, they break both PVE and PVP whether it be maliciously intended or not - mainly in PVE it is not, but knowingly using a method to gain something in a fast and easy manner while others did it the legit way? That's dumb, and should be prevented.

Secondly, everyone wants to whine when an exploit in an MMO causes PVP to break - someone can hump walls and avoid damage, do something to get under the graphical ground to still damage you while invisible, things of that nature ... within an instant, they're on the forums and raged on about. You can't hate one exploit and be a-ok with another, it's still breaking the game and quite simply cheating to get somewhere.

Yes but the exploit has been fixed. Your idea to delevel people would be a pr nightmare in some aspects because what do you do about the guy that tried one of the maps while just exploring the foundry but otherwise has leveled up normally do you ban him? delevel him? mistakes would be made as the devs are human. So unless you can show massive irrepairable harm to the game by them staying 60, (which so far you have not) your idea is very very bad for the game and pwe's bottom line.
  • Options
    rockombolirockomboli Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    one question thou.. how would cheaters be found ??
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    xaazx wrote: »
    1. What would be avoided more? Stupid level 60's? Not a chance. There are so many bad players out there and that's fine. Don't think for one second that people would mysteriously become better by soloing through quests on rails.

2. Less demand? Do you even watch the auction house or are you just crying because by the time YOU get to run the dungeons, you can't sell loot for today's prices, that for the record, drop daily? Also, there is nothing hard to come by. if you were even 60 or even ran any dungeons, you'd know this. There are no raids with raid loot or lockouts. Get off the high horse.

Leveling challenging? LOL what zones are you playing in? There wasn't one zone that was challenging at all as I leveled. Any challenge was easily overcome by a healing pot. I hate to say it, but if you feel leveling is a challenge, it's a L2Pyour class issue.

Finally, this annoys me to no end because it's almost as if you do it on purpose. It's spelled CHEATERS.

I was doing it on purpose, buddy.

1. I never disputed the fact that there are other bad players that don't exploit. There are plenty. The point is, anyone who has to exploit to gain something from a game imo? Is a bad player. <-- and qfe, exploiters shouldn't keep their freebie lv. grind

2. I watch the auction house all the time. T1 gear is becoming more and more common so the lv. 60 exploited toons can just buy them off the auction house for 1k. That makes a broken system, imo. It's not necessarily directly pointed toward free-grind lvs, but it certainly doesn't help that there's more people to do the dungeons to sell the items and thus make what should be more uncommon/rare into very commons.

And for the record; I said 'ez-mode leveling' in reference to 'it's much easier to level from an exploit than questing' because you actually have to go and do stuff other than faceroll keyboard while questing....

It's not a L2Play your class issue, it's a 'exploiting idiots shouldn't be tolerated' issue. ;]
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    charononus wrote: »
    Yes but the exploit has been fixed. Your idea to delevel people would be a pr nightmare in some aspects because what do you do about the guy that tried one of the maps while just exploring the foundry but otherwise has leveled up normally do you ban him? delevel him? mistakes would be made as the devs are human. So unless you can show massive irrepairable harm to the game by them staying 60, (which so far you have not) your idea is very very bad for the game and pwe's bottom line.

If you don't think there's a way for devs to track things like time spent . . . . . . .
  • Options
    mofugli1mofugli1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 40
    edited May 2013
    Keep in mind that since this is the first major known exploit, a precedent is being set. If there is no consequence for knowingly exploiting the foundry quests then there should be NO consequences in the future for knowingly gaining (glory, gold, exp, gear) from exploits discovered down the road. Fair is fair.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Yeah, let's just all cheat and PL to 60, get ez gear, rage about game being not a challenge. Sounds like WoW.
  • Options
    nephtnepht Member Posts: 5,826 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This thread is my new endgame.

24909890.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I was doing it on purpose, buddy.

1. I never disputed the fact that there are other bad players that don't exploit. There are plenty. The point is, anyone who has to exploit to gain something from a game imo? Is a bad player.

2. I watch the auction house all the time. T1 gear is becoming more and more common so the lv. 60 exploited toons can just buy them off the auction house for 1k. That makes a broken system, imo.

And for the record; I said 'ez-mode leveling' in reference to 'it's much easier to level from an exploit than questing' because you actually have to go and do stuff other than faceroll keyboard....

It's not a L2Play your class issue, it's a 'exploiting idiots shouldn't be tolerated' issue. ;]

I said at the beginning that I agree the exploits should have been handled better, but you just continue to make it look like whining.

It takes 3 days - yes, 3 days - at most to level to 60 through quests if you want to play a lot. In fact, there were a slew of 60's before any of those maps even became available.

1. Wrong. Someone exploiting has moral issues. No, it does not mean they are a bad players. Some of the best players in games since EQ have exploited because they get bored or they do it to see how it can be done.

2. 60 exploited toons can run the dungeon themselves. They don't have to buy the item. The cheaper prices helps all the community get gear. There are plenty of players who will never step foot in a dungeon that will buy the loot. Everyone likes to see progression in one way or another. Cheaper prices benefits everyone. Personally, all purples should be BOP but that won't happen.

Anyway, enjoy your crusade, nothing left for me to explain to you.
  • Options
    pops000pops000 Member Posts: 250 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    mofugli1 wrote: »

You spent 200 bucks to pay to win.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    nepht wrote: »
    This thread is my new endgame.

24909890.jpg

Oh, a picture with words on it. You're great at opinion.
  • Options
    raykay84raykay84 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    As for some reason im not allowed to create a new thread (wtf?!) please can someone tell me: What is the best way to earn ad and exp at the same time. Thank you
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    pops000 wrote: »

Legit business transaction, tbh. Didn't free-grind to lv. whatever off broken mechanic.
  • Options
    articulatefoolarticulatefool Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    pops000 wrote: »

OMG somebody paid the developers for an entertainment product which they enjoy?!?! What is this world coming to when everything isn't handed out for free to entitled little ****s?
  • Options
    clcmercyclcmercy Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 308 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Popcorn-11-Eddie-Griffin_zps2377623f.gif

Occam's Razor makes the cutting clean.
  • Options
    pops000pops000 Member Posts: 250 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Legit business transaction, tbh. Didn't free-grind to lv. whatever off broken mechanic.

I'm joking. Your 200 buck head start and other goodies doesn't bother me nor does the people leveling to 60. Suspending the creators of said foundry quests deserve what they get.
  • Options
    nephtnepht Member Posts: 5,826 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Oh, a picture with words on it. You're great at opinion.

BisonOfCourse.jpg
  • Options
    syrumsyrum Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 168 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    He's just mad because he didn't get to do it before it was patched... LOL

Seriously though, it would be a PR nightmare. I guarantee none of the employees at Cryptic or PWE have any desire to go and try to figure out who used the exploit or not. Just leave it alone and move on. Even the super casual players will be 60 shortly if not already, it's not hard to level in this game at all.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    syrum wrote: »
    He's just mad because he didn't get to do it before it was patched... LOL

Seriously though, it would be a PR nightmare. I guarantee none of the employees at Cryptic or PWE have any desire to go and try to figure out who used the exploit or not. Just leave it alone and move on. Even the super casual players will be 60 shortly if not already, it's not hard to level in this game at all.

Yeah, I'm just mad that I couldn't cheat to get lv. 60...

I'm firm about my opinion and stating it because if you let one exploit slide and then another, and then another, and then you get two to three years into the game? You have WoW 2.0 with more exploits, bugs, cheats, etc and suddenly the game isn't entertaining anymore to the people that actually like to, you know, play the game to have fun while earning what they put time into?

Emphasis: if people are already b**tching about how ez the game is, or how ez it is to level, just wait until someone gets some PVP hacks, or some epic dungeon hacks, or gaining gold fast hacks, getting AD fast hacks.

Not a good way to maintain and keep a F2P game, especially if it becomes World of Runescape 2: the Rise of Wall-Hackers
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    As an example of well intentioned dev's making a mistake when banning people and the negative pr it can cause.
    http://massively.joystiq.com/2010/11/10/ddo-endless-night-or-endless-bannings/

Mistakes can happen but when it comes to bans ext it can make a big pr nightmare to a game when they are done as a mistake. This early in nwo's life if a mistake was made and it became a pr nightmare the way ddo's mabar bans were it could easily kill this games future.

Overall I think you are too emotionally invested about this, let it go and remember it's all just pixels. If you are having fun questing, running dungeons, pvping or however you enjoy mmo's everything is still fine. When pixels start getting you upset you should take a step back and evaluate things.
  • Options
    glanniganglannigan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 463 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Didn't we already talk about this? This is so like 3 days ago...

Hey, Did you know they charge for respecs?