test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Reset All Foundry Exploiters Characters to Level 5

Comments

• Options
    j0mberwakij0mberwaki Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 152 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    charononus wrote: »
    As an example of well intentioned dev's making a mistake when banning people and the negative pr it can cause.
    http://massively.joystiq.com/2010/11/10/ddo-endless-night-or-endless-bannings/

Mistakes can happen but when it comes to bans ext it can make a big pr nightmare to a game when they are done as a mistake. This early in nwo's life if a mistake was made and it became a pr nightmare the way ddo's mabar bans were it could easily kill this games future.

Overall I think you are too emotionally invested about this, let it go and remember it's all just pixels. If you are having fun questing, running dungeons, pvping or however you enjoy mmo's everything is still fine. When pixels start getting you upset you should take a step back and evaluate things.

You mistake emotional investment for adamant intention to help stop future, more serious exploits being used to *then* dig in on other people's 'fun' in the MMO.

No, the exploit to level foundry to 60 is not a game-breaking issue that causes widespread rage and discontent... but, I'm pretty sure if you went into a battleground, saw a bunch of people using whatever the NW version of exploiting PVP is, and you lost because of it you can't tell me it wouldn't at the very least be on your mind with, "well, that was stupid this sort of thing should be prevented..."

At that point, you'd think back to this moment and realize that the only way to really stop the use of exploits? Make it too risky for you to openly exploit (ie: delevels, suspension, bans), thus causing less and less of it.
    4895b885-3d65-48d2-9eb2-d940289d7be4_zps8e4ae678.jpg
    WTB Big-Giant Robot Camels, tbh...
  • Options
    j0mberwakij0mberwaki Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 152 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    glannigan wrote: »
    Didn't we already talk about this? This is so like 3 days ago...

Hey, Did you know they charge for respecs?

I wish they'd charge more for respecs, tbh.

... because the second that was announced, the forums would have a full page of "WHY FOR RESPEC COST MORE"
  • Options
    caidencaiden Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Even without the Foundry, it takes less than 30 hours to hit level cap. I started playing as a Guardian on the 27th, and was 60 by the evening of the 28th.

Did all the quests, never touched a dungeon or foundry mission.
  • Options
    ursadorableursadorable Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 37
    edited May 2013
    My enjoyment of the game isn't determined by someone else's method of levelling. I'm taking my time, enjoying the content and do the occasional dungeon or foundry quest. Why are you letting it bother you so OP?
  • Options
    stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    harye84 wrote: »
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Your tears, they're delicious.

Careful it was that type of attitude that caused Cryptic to act in the first place.
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Careful it was that type of attitude that caused Cryptic to act in the first place.

They should act. Perhaps not a full de-level of everyone, perhaps not suspensions, but something to make statement that exploits are taken seriously and discourage people to knowingly use them.
  • Options
    kaos3083kaos3083 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2
    edited May 2013
    Honestly i could care less if all those people plvd to 60 doing that, they will be the same people whining on the forums that its boring at lvl 60 and theres nothing to do.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    kaos3083 wrote: »
    Honestly i could care less if all those people plvd to 60 doing that, they will be the same people whining on the forums that its boring at lvl 60 and theres nothing to do.

Good point, and I don't particularly care about the fast levels to 60. That doesn't affect my game at all. What does is a lack of intervention from devs to stop/prevent greater exploits from making the game fubar.
  • Options
    martyx68martyx68 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Check youtube 60 lvl under 1 hour thx to exploit quest .
  • Options
    vinlolvinlol Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    TBH doesn't take long to get to level 60...
    TBH you really should consider the effects of negative PR before supporting this
    TBH you shouldn't be crying so much about the people who did exploit...
    TBH after all this doesn't really ruin your fun does it?
  • Options
    divineragedivinerage Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This hardly warrants a thread, especially since it's been fixed.
  • Options
    besharpebesharpe Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Cheaters shouldn't be rewarded even if it has zero effect on the game. Reset them and let us all get a laugh:)
  • Options
    nephtnepht Member Posts: 5,826 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Still level 24 after a week wheres all this powerleveling peoples are talking about >_>
  • Options
    mofugli1mofugli1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 40
    edited May 2013
    rockomboli wrote: »
    one question thou.. how would cheaters be found ??

Easy, just look at all the people complaining about it on this thread, there you have the cheaters....
  • Options
    bluedarkybluedarky Member Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Cryptic aren't going after the people who exploited their way to 60, not unless they keep doing it.

They are however going after the root of the problem, the people who make these missions.

Did you know that there's currently no way to purchase or gain extra Foundry slots beyond the 10 you're given unless your quest is Spotlighted?

Did you know that if a mission is banned then it locks off that slot forever?
  • Options
    glanniganglannigan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 463 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Seriously. Seems the only thing the cheated was themselves.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    glannigan wrote: »
    Seriously. Seems the only thing the cheated was themselves.

Well, yes. I do feel if nothing is done about a 'small' exploit then more small exploits will continue to occur, spread like wildfire, bigger ones will occur, continue to spread, and then s**tstorm consumes entertainment value?

And no, I did not know that, @bluedarky ... but, that only solves one part of the problem. They fixed it and let slide all who participated knowing it was an exploit... so what's that say about every other exploit? Use it but don't get caught because we'll have to fix it?

The response should be 'use an exploit, receive potentially serious set back on character or possibly suspended/banned'.
  • Options
    maiku217maiku217 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    xaazx wrote: »
    1. Level 60 noobs will happen regardless of how anyone levels. I've seen terrible 60's in my groups that leveled properly. I've also seen excellent 60's who leveled off Ogres (not the trapped ones)

2. Broken economy? This will happen regardless of what you do to the exploiters. In fact, this actually benefits the economy because there are MORE items for sale, thus driving the prices down.

You may want to actually learn how a system works before you whine about it. About the only thing I agree with is that the trapped ogres giving experience was an exploit and should have not been allowed.

How what system works? Do you know how economy works? Lol... Should eat up your own words before posting something so ridiculous. Imagine you needed some AD and went farming with your epic gear because there's so many and it's so cheap. You find something so epic that you think it's at least 1mil AD in the AH. You go to the AH all excited to sell it for some AD. You find out it was only 2k AD. :) Learn your supply and demands mate.
    ElfenLiedSig.gif
  • Options
    biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Member Posts: 3,514 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    divinerage wrote: »
    This hardly warrants a thread, especially since it's been fixed.

I'd much rather the exploiters get rolled back than the Foundry get nerfed. So much for alternate leveling paths.
  • Options
    xen1912xen1912 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 309 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    People are still complaining about foundry? there are way more serious exploits that don't even require you to move or attack a thing to get to 60. people are just not good at reporting exploits, they want to use them until they cant use them anymore.

• Options
    blackravenxinblackravenxin Member Posts: 20
    edited May 2013
    okay i hope this helps some understand something about why selective roll-back is impossible.

The game stores the users data in a database of sorts.
    Tracking the users who used the exploit before it was worked on (I won't say fixed since I don't know for sure) is most like not done and would require things that is probably way to expensive or takes too much to process with.

when a roll-back happens it is server wide period. roll backs are a extremely serious procedure and is not done without a lot of red tape. so getting toon's de-leveled selectively is out of the question

When FW (Forsaken World) had to do a roll back it was only AFTER major discussion and all previous fixes failed. The most NW can do I think is set the foundry to not allow things to be made so that the ai of the mobs is made ineffective. but to do what your wanting is basically impossible unless they punish everyone server wide.
  • Options
    watchyourbackwatchyourback Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    not hard to get to 60 in a couple days either so it would really matter. what seems to be the problem is that mobs seem to give % of exp based on its and your lvl. not a set amount. at lvl 59 i could still see my exp bar move a tad bit when i killed 1 single medium mob. seems like its a bit much and you miss out on alot of stuff as you lvl past it so not getting the full experiance of the game itself
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    The point stands that ... while this exploit was not that huge, other exploits are and ignoring one but raging about another = nitpicking.

Nitpicking = bad. Cheating ... still = cheating.
  • Options
    sandolphansandolphan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    pops000 wrote: »
    You spent 200 bucks to pay to win.

+1

2,000,000 Astral Diamonds ftW
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    sandolphan wrote: »
    +1

2,000,000 Astral Diamonds ftW

Ranting about people who contribute to a game doesn't have anything to do with people misusing game mechanics to intentionally cheat-it-up to 60. Sorry, buddy.
  • Options
    pboar2006pboar2006 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 421 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    j0mberwaki wrote: »
    Ranting about people who contribute to a game doesn't have anything to do with people misusing game mechanics to intentionally cheat-it-up to 60. Sorry, buddy.

Raging about something that really has no effect on your life is pretty funny. Ive been following this for a while and had to comment. We all get to 60 eventually who cares who gets there first. Is the In Game AH really that important to you? Is this game really that important to you? Why rage so much?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    pboar2006 wrote: »
    Raging about something that really has no effect on your life is pretty funny. Ive been following this for a while and had to comment. We all get to 60 eventually who cares who gets there first. Is the In Game AH really that important to you? Is this game really that important to you? Why rage so much?

If you've been keeping track of this, you'd have realized by now that my argument has very very little to do with the misuse of Foundry to fast-gain to 60. It has to do with exploits are exploits, and using them means you're a-ok with game mechanics being broken so it'd then be hypocritical to complain about serious issues like PVP, AD gain, gold gain, etc, through the use of exploits.

I made statement that exploits are bad and then went on to argue that one exploit, while less bothersome than most, is still a way to cheat the game. If you still believe this has anything to do with people free-riding to 60 effecting my opinion on this matter then you do not read well, sir.

QFE, again: exploits shouldn't be used and there should be strict consequence for those that find/seek/use them. If a de-level is impossible, or "too strict", then something else should be done to the individuals who took part even if it's as simple an emphasized warning that further using methods of exploiting will get them in more s**t. I'm not interested in the game declining into who can wall hack the best, who can kill _____ first by bugging out under the zone floor.

This isn't about competition or giving a single bean as to how someone got to lv. 60. It's having a problem with people cheating, and the dangers of letting small things openly become much larger problems which were easily avoidable by making it clear that exploiting/hacking/bugging/glitching out the system should not tolerated and should receive due punishment after weighed severity.
  • Options
    vinlolvinlol Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Can we get this thread locked?
    This discussion is entirely pointless since the exploit is already 'fixed' and it didn't damage the economy in any way... not to mention the '**** level 60s' argument is moot since it doesn't even take that long to get to 60 anyways (1-2 days of exploiting vs. 3-4 days of questing)

Also, realize that exploiters will always be exploiters (regardless of how many warnings is given), by now I think that this poster simply is coming up with a reason for the sake of continuing the argument
  • Options
    pboar2006pboar2006 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 421 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    j0mberwaki wrote: »
    If you've been keeping track of this, you'd have realized by now that my argument has very very little to do with the misuse of Foundry to fast-gain to 60. It has to do with exploits are exploits, and using them means you're a-ok with game mechanics being broken so it'd then be hypocritical to complain about serious issues like PVP, AD gain, gold gain, etc, through the use of exploits.

I made statement that exploits are bad and then went on to argue that one exploit, while less bothersome than most, is still a way to cheat the game. If you still believe this has anything to do with people free-riding to 60 effecting my opinion on this matter than you do not read well, sir.

QFE, again: exploits shouldn't be used and there should be strict consequence for those that find/seek/use them. If a de-level is impossible, or "too strict", then something else should be done to the individuals who took part even if it's as simple an emphasized warning that further using methods of exploiting will get them in more s**t. I'm not interested in the game declining into who can wall hack the best, who can kill _____ first by bugging out under the zone floor.

This isn't about competition or giving a single bean as to how someone got to lv. 60. It's having a problem with people cheating, and the dangers of letting small things openly become much larger problems which were easily avoidable by making it clear that exploiting/hacking/bugging/glitching out the system is not tolerated and will receive due punishment after weighed severity.

The exploit was fixed, just need to wait and see what happens next. Whining and crying, demanding something to happen that you dont understand how it can happen will not get anything done. They need the reports of the exploits to fix them then they can work on the punishments.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    pboar2006 wrote: »
    The exploit was fixed, just need to wait and see what happens next. Whining and crying, demanding something to happen that you dont understand how it can happen will not get anything done. They need the reports of the exploits to fix them then they can work on the punishments.

I'm not sure how whining and crying can define constructive argument and opinion, but hey.

You're right, the exploit was fixed. Hopefully the next exploits are fixed before something a lot more srs goes down and I still feel exploiters should lose their s**t. :)