Options

Reset All Foundry Exploiters Characters to Level 5

13»

Comments

• Options
    pilf3rpilf3r Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    j0mberwaki wrote: »
    Ranting about people who contribute to a game doesn't have anything to do with people misusing game mechanics to intentionally cheat-it-up to 60. Sorry, buddy.

I have run exactly one foundry quest and it was far from an exploit, was called "beaute glaciale". I have been running the main storyline/Cryptic quest and taking my time as I don't want to reach cap get bored and stop playing.

When this toon gets to cap and is geared I will roll another toon and try that one and try to level it up but perhaps not with all the same quests for variety, will use some cryptic one and try some foundry ones.

I couldn't give a rats bottom if others zip their way to 60 in 3 days, play a month and then leave, that's their own choice if they like to play like this.

Truly why should a care if some one does this? How is it cheating?

Take me for example I wanted to support the game a little and bought a guardian pack, I get 600AD. Most peep will have to get their AD the in game ways and it will take them much longer than I did.

I essentially paid to "cheat" to avoid the need to grind for AD and save some time so I could enjoy the game how I "wanted" to. How is this different other than I gave cryptic/pwe some money?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Neverwinter Thieves Guild
  • Options
    xydsxlegendxydsxlegend Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    mofugli1 wrote: »
    People should not be allowed to cheat!!!!

So, you are upset that you bought the Hero of the North late and didn't get to farm to 60?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Early Gamer Get the Levels"
    by Profesor Legend

Profesor%20Legend.jpg
  • Options
    j0mberwakij0mberwaki Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 152 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    pilf3r wrote: »
    I have run exactly one foundry quest and it was far from an exploit, was called "beaute glaciale". I have been running the main storyline/Cryptic quest and taking my time as I don't want to reach cap get bored and stop playing.

When this toon gets to cap and is geared I will roll another toon and try that one and try to level it up but perhaps not with all the same quests for variety, will use some cryptic one and try some foundry ones.

I couldn't give a rats bottom if other zip their way to 60 in 3 days, play a month and then leave, that's their own choice if they like to play like this.

Truly why should a care if some one does this? How is it cheating?

If someone uses something to break an in-game mechanic or alter how the game is intended to be played it's cheating/exploiting/mechanic misuse. Just sayin'.
    4895b885-3d65-48d2-9eb2-d940289d7be4_zps8e4ae678.jpg
    WTB Big-Giant Robot Camels, tbh...
  • Options
    erethizon1erethizon1 Member Posts: 185 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    2. Incorrect. More items of same type = less demand = less money = less gain = economy inevitably worse because what should be hard to come by is not.

That is based on the flawed concept that items should be hard to come by. If an item is so rare that only 1% of the players ever get it then 99% of the players are not enjoying that item. Common items are enjoyed by all. Rare items are only enjoyed by the few that get them.
  • Options
    pilf3rpilf3r Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If someone uses something to break an in-game mechanic or alter how the game is intended to be played it's cheating/exploiting/mechanic misuse. Just sayin'.

You know I played some aeriagames for a long time and in the LC boards I had some rather heated discussions about a very similar thing and GMsupermanox pretty much hinted that the people running the game will decide what and how a game mechanic is "intended". It even went from being a 1 year grind to reach the lvl 90 cap to being able to grind that in 1 week easy with help.

Point is why does it bother you and peeps like you so dang much how quickly someone else level up? Does it hurt your opinion of yourself?

Btw I know what an exploit is. the whole xp/min thing is not like being in pvp and peeps are using terrain exploits and whatnot which is something that DOES have an affect on other players.

So again how does it affect you negatively so much so for it to be viewed as a "cheat" and being viewed as a "misuse"

Please do not use the economy as an excuse of it negatively impacting the game. Currently we do not have a real economy as it's based on AD/ZEN rather than on gold.

Having more of some items widely available will only make all these thing more accessible to everyone, it's win/win for the players.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Neverwinter Thieves Guild
  • Options
    j0mberwakij0mberwaki Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 152 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    erethizon1 wrote: »
    That is based on the flawed concept that items should be hard to come by. If an item is so rare that only 1% of the players ever get it then 99% of the players are not enjoying that item. Common items are enjoyed by all. Rare items are only enjoyed by the few that get them.

Actually, I agree. I didn't make myself clear in that argument; but I did not mean to indicate it had anything to do with this debate about exploits. It doesn't. The influx of people, in general, made the would-be rare items less rare, the uncommon's common, and the commons "pass loot" 99% of the time, and as people got to level 60 it hit the market harder because there was much more supply. That was inevitable.

The point of this thread has been made, debate has been had, I'm not sure there's anything left to talk about.
  • Options
    kphogkphog Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    1. It would be avoided more if exploits were less "frowned upon" and more "done something about" and implements being used to stop it from happening.

2. Incorrect. More items of same type = less demand = less money = less gain = economy inevitably worse because what should be hard to come by is not.

And this post isn't stupid. It brings about the point that cheeters r cheeters and shouldn't just get ez-mode leveling because they're too lazy to do it themselves in a challenging way.

In what way are are quests challenging its essentially the same it's just a boring grind the foundry just made it faster so get over yourself.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    kphog wrote: »
    In what way are are quests challenging its essentially the same it's just a boring grind the foundry just made it faster so get over yourself.

If the quests aren't challenging, why not just do them and not break a system that wasn't intended for power-leveling? ;)

Again. Nothing to do with how fast they gained levels.
  • Options
    mofugli1mofugli1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 40
    edited May 2013
    Common misconception in this thread by several people that somehow misinterpret 'cheating should be punished' into 'i give a sh*t about how fast someone levels', 'i'm mad coz i didn't get to cheat', and 'oh it doesn't hurt anyone else so cheating is OK'...

Likely the exact same people (the foundry exploiters) that will cry, flame the devs and ragequit when someone uses an exploit to repeatedly stomp their *** in PvP 'because it's so unfair'

And anyone <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> enough to not see the difference between supporting the game by purchasing HoN or Guardian packs and using an obviously unintended exploit would not understand even if I was inclined to explain it to them.
  • Options
    mjperkinsmjperkins Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'd much rather the exploiters get rolled back than the Foundry get nerfed. So much for alternate leveling paths.

Agreed. I don't want to repeat the storyline for an alt. I'd like to be able to experience foundry content and level that way with my alt. The nerf to foundry xp means it would take a month to get to 60. But ultimately this isn't what PWE wants because "overnight 60s" need to purchase a lot of items and skip the farm. The players that power-level know they have made that choice. "To each their own" is a saying many people don't understand it seems. Limit the foundry items, not the xp.
    Recruitment Officer for
    End Game PvE Guild
    Recruitment Status: Open; Limited