test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

No Foundry = No Desire 2 Play?

xydsxlegendxydsxlegend Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in The Foundry
Hello gamers,

1. Did you have any desire to play the game yesterday after the patch?

2. Did you spend must of your time on the forums, hoping that the Devs with state their plans for Foundry?

3. Did you believe the patch was fair to you or others?

4. Did you take this patch to heart then uninstall?

5. Did you think the nerf was going be that horrible?

6. Do you care where this game is going?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
"Early Gamer Get the Levels"
by Profesor Legend

Profesor%20Legend.jpg
Post edited by xydsxlegend on

Comments

• Options
    cronis10000cronis10000 Member Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The nerf to foundry has definitely put a dent in my attitude towards this game. I bought into this game because the foundry system was so much better than STO. I love having the ability to play foundry and level my characters and enjoy the game.

Right now as it sits. I am strongly considering closing my account down. End game is fun but I am not sure I just want to run elite dungeons.

I am not even sure if I will bother logging into NW for a few days. I have yet to decide what I will do. Definitely a game changing decision Cryptic.
  • Options
    dadeleviathandadeleviathan Member Posts: 60
    edited May 2013
    1. Start thread complaining about direction of foundry.
    2. Abandon old thread rather than posting this there.
    3. ???
    4. Profit!
  • Options
    karischkarisch Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ok ive read the patch notes but not had time to play a foundry mission, what part of it has made the foundry so undesirable for you now?
    Sarcastic Malevolence
    Recruitment is CLOSED!!
  • Options
    forien69forien69 Member Posts: 144 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I don't understand their crying, I still can easily level up. Maybe because I do not play farm maps, only normal ones with mix of everything
  • Options
    eros1986eros1986 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    1. No, in fact i went back to rift

2. Did you spend must of your time on the forums, hoping that the Devs with state their plans for Foundry?
    2. Yes, i hope they revert the xp back, this solution is lazy and horrible.

3. No, exploit for CW should be removed, maps like 40 ogre no. There is a difference between exploit and farming, if you fail to see that. you're an ignorant, pompous, nerd.

4. not yet, i have plenty of space on hd. I almost never uninstall a game, even when i finish it..so..

5. no

6. Yes. unfortunately i fear it will follow the champion online path= niche useless game made for people who enjoy rping superhero....
  • Options
    boydzinjboydzinj Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am anxious to get off work and start work on a non barbecue foundry quest.
  • Options
    adjuchasbrokkadjuchasbrokk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yes, I enjoy the game play for the most part.

No

Drops, XP and coin should be standard across the board whether it's a mob in the main campaign or one in the foundry.
    The method of exploitation should be fixed rather than nerfing reward (Punishing everyone for the actions of the few).
    If it's a temporary nerf until they patch the exploit then I'm fine with it.

No

I didn't expect a nerf at all, punishment for the exploiters for sure.

I plan to spend a fair amount of time producing Foundry content, so I prefer that the game lasts a few years so that my efforts weren't a complete waste of time.
    [Foundry Projects]
    The Sunken Castle
    - NW-DEO4EA5XG -
    - A story driven dungeon crawl! -
  • Options
    cronis10000cronis10000 Member Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I will still play, but I am considering starting up a new sub on one of my former games, this one has COH and STO foundry written all over it.

We will see.
  • Options
    ch40sth30rych40sth30ry Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Of course, it's still beta FFS. To not expect systemic or even radical changes is very naive

No. and their changes have not altered my enjoyment for either the foundry quests themselves, or my enjoyment of authoring in the foundry.

Yes, For the most part. I understand that sometimes you need to address an issue immediately with a broad stroke, and then adjust/fine tune it in a measured way later.

No, that seems pretty childish and myopic to me

I don't think it's "horrible". I don't view the Foundry quests as an avenue for XP to begin with, I view it as a source of new stories/lore. I've had my fill of player-generated grinds/exploits from CoH/CoV. It will not be missed by me.

Yes, and I honestly don't have any "Deal-Breaker" issues at this time
  • Options
    chairgraveyard1chairgraveyard1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 44
    edited May 2013
    Hello gamers,

Only to see how bad the nerf was. After that, my desire to play took a nosedive.
    I am spending most of my time on the forums now, complaining about this ridiculously bone headed move that threatens the longevity of the game.
    No. They should have fixed the ACTUAL PROBLEMS, i.e., not giving XP from mobs that die to fall damage, and making mobs that can't fight back invincible.
    I'm hoping they fix this garbage so I can keep playing, but I'm nearly there yes.
    Not in a million years. This is the dumbest possible thing they could have done to "fix" this issue.

Yes because it WAS a great game (pre-Foundry nerf). It has the potential to be great again, if they fix the garbage nerf.
  • Options
    gohlargohlar Member Posts: 73
    edited May 2013
    Only to see how bad the nerf was. After that, my desire to play took a nosedive.

I am spending most of my time on the forums now, complaining about this ridiculously bone headed move that threatens the longevity of the game.

No. They should have fixed the ACTUAL PROBLEMS, i.e., not giving XP from mobs that die to fall damage, and making mobs that can't fight back invincible.

I'm hoping they fix this garbage so I can keep playing, but I'm nearly there yes.

Not in a million years. This is the dumbest possible thing they could have done to "fix" this issue.

Yes because it WAS a great game (pre-Foundry nerf). It has the potential to be great again, if they fix the garbage nerf.

This is EXACTLY how I feel. I was about to spend some money, was considering a founder's pack. I'm glad I waited, not spending a dime now as the game won't hold my attention for long.
  • Options
    stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hello gamers,

yes

No

YES

NO

It wasn't horrible exploiters just like to cry

I know the game will continue to improve and the community will be better off if the Butthurt actually leave instead of just threatening to

Answers in orange
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    1. Start thread complaining about direction of foundry.
    2. Abandon old thread rather than posting this there.
    3. ???
    4. Profit!

I guess they figure they will keep making threads until more than just 12 people and their alt accounts agree with them...:rolleyes:
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Answers in orange

Great example of someone who had no idea what they are talking about, only cares about themselves and should be completely ignored when giving feedback.

I found the exploit maps terrible and I hate this change.
    I guess they figure they will keep making threads until more than just 12 people and their alt accounts agree with them...:rolleyes:

Hey look another straw man. Why would you be happy the only unique feature of this game just got ruined? Are you really so eager to turn this into another dime a dozen f2p mmo? The regular content is stupidly easy. I'm glad you find it interesting but most will get bored very quickly. The only thing remotely challenging while leveling was the foundry. Stop being an idiot.
  • Options
    ch40sth30rych40sth30ry Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I know the game will continue to improve and the community will be better off if the Butthurt actually leave instead of just threatening to
    This, there is no crying in D&D.
    Curly-Bill-Quote.png
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    This, there is no crying in D&D.
    Curly-Bill-Quote.png

I suppose the hypocrisy of this statement considering what happened is lost on you, because I doubt you would look this stupid intentionally.

They could have fixed the problems and kept the foundry useful, but they caved in to self centered cry babies instead.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    gohlar wrote: »
    I suppose the hypocrisy of this statement considering what happened is lost on you, because I doubt you would look this stupid intentionally.

They could have fixed the problems and kept the foundry useful, but they caved in to self centered cry babies instead.

From my own response:

Yes, For the most part. I understand that sometimes you need to address an issue immediately with a broad stroke, and then adjust/fine tune it in a measured way later.

Can you try making a point without resorting to childish insults?

Opinions, people have them...
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    This is EXACTLY how I feel. I was about to spend some money, was considering a founder's pack. I'm glad I waited, not spending a dime now as the game won't hold my attention for long.

Yeah I was *this* close to buying the $60 one. Dodged a bullet, if this type of gamebreaking nerf is what we can expect mere days after release.

They need to fix the REAL issues which allow these exploits, instead of breaking the game for every other player.
  • Options
    wuhsinwuhsin Banned Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hello gamers,

1. Yes, though I ultimately ended up just working on my second quest.

2. Yes, but not because of the nerf. I'm more concerned about whether they intend to fix the broken music/sounds in Foundry missions.

3. No. While I don't really give a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> about the nerf, and understand why it had to be done, I think it's unfair because they prioritized that over fixing more important problems. I don't blame Cryptic though, I blame crybabies, and the cheaters they cry about. Those two groups have almost ruined this experience for me by diverting the dev's attention from real issues.

4. No, like I said, I don't really give a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> about the nerf. Why don't I give a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>? Because I'm not abusing the exploit, I'm still at level 16 because most of my time is spent in the Foundry, working on REAL quests, not this farming <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. Unfortunately I can't even share the full depth of my adventures because Cryptic is too busy handling non-issues to fix the music or add more features. As above, I don't blame Cryptic, I blame cry-babies and cheaters.

5. I don't even see how it is that horrible. I think you're just mad because you can no longer exploit maps to gain an obscene number of levels in a very small increment of time. If that's the case I don't really feel sorry for you.

6. Yes, I care. I'd like to see more classes added, more Foundry content available, such as bosses, and multiple story paths. More importantly, I want the music to get fixed. If they can't do this soon I may get discouraged and prioritize drinking/watching cartoons over publishing Foundry quests with broken sounds.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Great example of someone who had no idea what they are talking about, only cares about themselves and should be completely ignored when giving feedback.

I found the exploit maps terrible and I hate this change.

Hey look another straw man. Why would you be happy the only unique feature of this game just got ruined? Are you really so eager to turn this into another dime a dozen f2p mmo? The regular content is stupidly easy. I'm glad you find it interesting but most will get bored very quickly. The only thing remotely challenging while leveling was the foundry. Stop being an idiot.

Yep typical.

"If you disagree with me you shouldn't be allowed to speak, also <insert insult about intelligence here>"

Now go make another thread about it maybe someone won't disagree with you next time.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    From my own response:

Can you try making a point without resorting to childish insults?

Opinions, people have them...

Are you being a hypocrite on purpose? It's like you are doing it intentionally...Oh well post another picture and tell people there is no crying in dnd while pretending to take the moral high road. Lol?

Crying resulted in this heavy handed change so telling people to stop crying now makes you look foolish. Just sayin.
  • Options
    edited May 2013

All of your arguments basically come down to.."yeah well you're just dumb."

The devs notice things like this, they see the type of people they are dealing with, do you honestly think they are going to reverse their decision now? After all the treats, insults and trolling? If anything they are probably more convinced they made the right choice.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Yep typical.

"If you disagree with me you shouldn't be allowed to speak, also <insert insult about intelligence here>"

Now go make another thread about it maybe someone won't disagree with you next time.

This would make more sense if you hadn't posted "the community will be better off if the Butthurt actually leave instead of just threatening to" but now you are just another hypocrite. Why can't the people defending this change go for 10 seconds without saying something hypocritical? Interesting don't you think?
    All of your arguments basically come down to.."yeah well you're just dumb."

No telling people to stop crying over a bad change that was caused by crying is hypocritical. Try to keep up.

Also see above. It's kind of amazing how you can't stop from doing it.
  • Options
    wuhsinwuhsin Banned Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Again, I don't give a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> about the nerf, and 90% of my time in this game has been devoted to the Foundry. All I care about is that they fix the sound, and add more encounters, with DRAGONS and other bosses. The people crying about this are just exploiters me thinks. I gained a level yesterday in my quest, and I avoided like 90% of the encounters.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Yay for people wanting this game to die already. That's what you're advocating when you say you agree with nerfing the Foundry into the ground. Without content this game won't maintain a significant population for more than a year.

Good job.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    This would make more sense if you hadn't posted "the community will be better off if the Butthurt actually leave instead of just threatening to" but now you are just another hypocrite. Why can't the people defending this change go for 10 seconds without saying something hypocritical? Interesting don't you think?

No telling people to stop crying over a bad change that was caused by crying is hypocritical. Try to keep up.

Also see above. It's kind of amazing how you can't stop from doing it.

Going from calling everyone stupid who disagrees with you to calling them a Hypocrite isn't helping your cause.
    Yay for people wanting this game to die already. That's what you're advocating when you say you agree with nerfing the Foundry into the ground. Without content this game won't maintain a significant population for more than a year.

Good job.

More doom-crying and threats....yawn.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Going from calling everyone stupid who disagrees with you to calling them a Hypocrite isn't helping your cause.

I'm sorry if your mistakes have causes you embarrassment but you most certainly are a hypocrite. And yes, anyone defending this heavy handed, short sighted change is not very smart. Sorry if the truth hurts but it is what it is.

There were far better ways to handle this that wouldn't make the foundry a novelty.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    wuhsin wrote: »
    Again, I don't give a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> about the nerf, and 90% of my time in this game has been devoted to the Foundry. All I care about is that they fix the sound, and add more encounters, with DRAGONS and other bosses. The people crying about this are just exploiters me thinks. I gained a level yesterday in my quest, and I avoided like 90% of the encounters.

Agree 100% I actually did my best to convince Cryptic that the foundry wasn't ready for prime time as it still needs a lot of work, the potential is there however.
  • Options
    edited May 2013

Crying resulted in this heavy handed change so telling people to stop crying now makes you look foolish. Just sayin.

Perhaps people should not become so emotionally invested in a Video Game to begin with, on both ends of the spectrum, and eliminate the need or desire to cry. "Just Sayin"

I enjoy the game, but I'm just not that emotionally invested that I need to rage against changes that may or may not be permanent, and that for the most part only affects the Min/Maxers and bean counters.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I'm sorry if your mistakes have causes you embarrassment but you most certainly are a hypocrite. And yes, anyone defending this heavy handed, short sighted change is not very smart. Sorry if the truth hurts but it is what it is.

There were far better ways to handle this that wouldn't make the foundry a novelty.

The only embarrassing thing here is the people who are throwing baby fits because they aren't getting what they want, and your truth isn't a universal truth, in fact it isn't really a truth at all just your opinion.

I also have noticed that a lot of people who were initially supporting these type maps have reconsidered, but feel free to continue your jihad, it's quite amusing.
This discussion has been closed.