test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

No Foundry = No Desire 2 Play?

13»

Comments

• xydsxlegendxydsxlegend Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    darthannon wrote: »
    You can kill ogres out in the world if you just want to kill ogres. I don't see the deal? What bothers me is when the XP cap is reached in a legitimate, non ogre-spam quest.

How about you find a area in-game that have tons of Orges then make a thread with the location. If that location is even in the game, 2 weeks from now the Devs going to low the spawn rate for the "Open World Orges." Why? Bc it's another exploit, right? "We didn't attend for our players to farm kill; therefore, we are going to lower Orges spawn rate."
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Early Gamer Get the Levels"
    by Profesor Legend

Profesor%20Legend.jpg
  • enctenct Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    darthannon wrote: »
    You can kill ogres out in the world if you just want to kill ogres. I don't see the deal? What bothers me is when the XP cap is reached in a legitimate, non ogre-spam quest.
    I don't care about ogres. I care about them saying they changed something and there being no evidence of it.
  • notyetregisterednotyetregistered Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    shorlong wrote: »
    I guess my mindset is...why would you be upset that you can no longer rush to end game and instead have to..you know...play the game. Maybe I'm weird that I don't see a D&D based game (as far from D&D as this is...) as a game were you just pound ogres for 6 hours and reach end game. Then what do you do? Run a few dungeons over and over again? If you don't like the foundry quests where, you know, there is an actual quest....why are you playing an RPG? There are plenty of games out there where you can build a character and beat things up with no plot or substance.

Maybe I'm confused?
    Yup.

I'm playing an MMO in a fantasy setting. I enjoy tweaking builds and grouping (when I want too, soloing otherwise). I haven't played a single ogre farm, but I also tend to dislike any quest that involves too much "run from point a to point b" no matter what the "story" is. The fun for me is in the combat and character development. Most of the other games you refer too don't have the depth of character development or are play for a few months then discard them. But the "other" games really don't matter... that is how I enjoy NWN.

Closing exploits is a good thing, and I fully support it. But don't think it is going to mean I will suddenly start reading the lore and caring about the backstory of some pile of pixels. I like this game in my way.

In CoH, there were some who believed that nerfing mission architect xp into oblivion would mean every held hands, sung and started roleplaying. The nerf was done, and the majority of the player based ignored mission architect for a very long time till the developers rethought that nerf and took a different path. The exploits were fixed, but eventually a fair farm mission where there was danger and challenge was accepted as part of the game... maybe not a part some players enjoyed or participated in... but then again, I don't enjoy some of the foundry missions the role players rave about. The fact farms end up being rated at the top of the list should provide a clue about which group is larger...
  • gohlargohlar Member Posts: 73
    edited May 2013
    The foundry made this game stand out. Now, not so much.
  • stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    chili1179 wrote: »
    I wish I had a dollar for every time someone said "I was going to spend money until..."

Threat is about as empty as "I uninstalled."
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited May 2013
    The Original Post of this thread has loaded questions, worded in a way that is non-constructive and trolling. As well, making new threads on the same topic is not allowed. "I quit threads" are also not allowed. Please review the Rules of Conduct.
    A Note about Respect
    We're here to have fun and to share information with each other. With so many different personalities gathered in one place, clashes are bound to happen now and then. But how one conducts oneself during these situations makes all the difference. While opinions are valued on the forums, please remember to respect each other and have discussions and not arguments. If you find yourself disagreeing with another member, think first and then calmly compose your words. Treat each other how you would like to be treated.

No trolling, or flaming.
    Any form of personal insult will not be tolerated. General rule of thumb: if you think that what you are about to post is insulting, don't post it.

Trolling:
    Attempts to incite others to anger, frustration or similar; also attempts to incite flaming or luring others into violating these rules.

No "I Quit" threads.
    We're sorry to see you go, but please keep your goodbyes to PMs or in game messages. These threads do not contribute to the community discussion and generally end in hate or flames.

No Cross Posting
    Cross Posting is posting in other threads or sections to direct people to a thread that is not relevant to the Original Post or Section.

Off topic:
    Please do not stray from the topic stated within the body of the thread by its creator. Threads that have gone off that topic will be edited, split or locked. Threads are posted in the wrong section will be moved. Threads that are created with no purpose other than to spam will be taken off of the forum.
This discussion has been closed.