test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

To All Hero Of The North Owners

1234568»

Comments

• Options
    sasheriasasheria Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    shadeypwnz wrote: »
    I would very much prefer a monthly sub with everyone on equal footing, that is a great idea. Imbalancing a game to favor people with extra cash to blow is quite unreasonable. Congratulations on being richer than me though!

Even WITH monthly sub, you still don't have equal footing because of the time issue. There will ALWAYS be people who has a lot of time and get everything while people who DON'T have a lot of time get left behind.

In F2P, people who don't have a lot of time can "catch up" by paying convenience like xp boost and such to catchup.

In the END, everyone will have access to the same level of stuff. Note I said "same level" the cosmetic portion will defer depending on packages.
    To grow old is inevitable, to grow up is optional.
    Please review my campaign and I'll return the favor.
  • Options
    lsyalsya Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Stop entering discussions about the cost effectiveness of this game. You already spent $200 on the game. You have not had to endure any AD grinding for your bag slots, bank, mounts, companions, nightmare keys, etc. You have no place in the discussion on price vs. reward in the cash shop or in AD at all.

I'm sorry, but I think that's just too funny.

I have not touched any of the AD I got with my Hero pack. I'm up to over 1 million AD now just from doing dailies, leadership profession, and working the AH. And that was just in the past week. Others have gained much more as well.

The whine is strong in this community. I'm going to go buy some cheese to go with it.
    L'sya Raiya
  • Options
    angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Stop entering discussions about the cost effectiveness of this game. You already spent $200 on the game. You have not had to endure any AD grinding for your bag slots, bank, mounts, companions, nightmare keys, etc. You have no place in the discussion on price vs. reward in the cash shop or in AD at all.

Not to mention most of you are missing the main point anyways, buying power is a bad mechanic. Period. Let me show you how this works:

(Power in this sense means: stats, levels, mount speed, gear, in-game currency, etc. Anything that allows you to perform higher in PvP which is just incredibly poor design, or even things that allow you to perform better in PvE.)

Can you buy power in a game?

Yes - The game is flawed, players will be upset that you can throw money at higher stats.

No - The game is designed correctly (theoretically) and everyone is happy that you can't simply buy power.

That is all.

I didn't bother with the thread as I'm sure it's already devolved into an argument-infested spamfest salt-and-peppered with trolls.

TO THE OP: I am a Hero of the North purchaser.
    As to your comments: I will say I agree. I think they are fair, reasonable comments - when directed regarding player versus player game play. But *not* when directed at player-versus-environment game play. In that case anything and everything ever purchased (or obtained otherwise) only affect the one player using it and no one else.

Because these items in question do not work (by intentional design) and are fully disabled in PvP game play - the argument is a moot one. I think many of the complaints and expressions of frustration are from a misunderstanding about this fact.

As for in-game "gear", it is what it is and is obtainable via many different avenues in-game that I won;t bother insulting your intellect about.

My point is that these type of complaints only hold-up in PvP type game play, where it doesn't even apply in reality, making the argument moot in general.
  • Options
    proceduralprocedural Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Not to mention most of you are missing the main point anyways, buying power is a bad mechanic. Period. Let me show you how this works:

(Power in this sense means: stats, levels, mount speed, gear, in-game currency, etc. Anything that allows you to perform higher in PvP which is just incredibly poor design, or even things that allow you to perform better in PvE.)

Can you buy power in a game?

Yes - The game is flawed, players will be upset that you can throw money at higher stats.

No - The game is designed correctly (theoretically) and everyone is happy that you can't simply buy power.

That is all.

If you expect skill and merit to accomplish the same feats as throwing lots of money at something, you haven't had that much experience in real life :P

SHOULD someone be able to reach the top based on skill and dedication alone? Sure, that'd be great. Does it make sense as a business model? Absolutely not. People who are frustrated that others are receiving rewards faster than they are will pay money to catch up, or they'll quit. People who don't care about being "server first" anything will continue to grind for free and enjoy the game (it is actually pretty good).

CHOOSE YOUR PATH, YOUNG PADAWAN.
  • Options
    delekii1delekii1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    malign99 wrote: »
    His arguement is that those who spend will get things faster than those who grind it out. In LoL that is the equivilent of xp or rp. Rp also buys you better runes, which the buyers will get to have faster than those who do not. How is that any different than here? It is just time vs money, same exact thing.
    The time discrepancy is ridiculously out of kilter. You cannot even compare the time it would take here in NW vs. the time it takes to "catch up" in LoL.

Furthermore, since they have a matchmaking system in ELO, you are automatically grouped with people whom, whether through a lack of items or a lack of skill, have a similar rating to yours.