test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

To All Hero Of The North Owners

shadeypwnzshadeypwnz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 60
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Stop entering discussions about the cost effectiveness of this game. You already spent $200 on the game. You have not had to endure any AD grinding for your bag slots, bank, mounts, companions, nightmare keys, etc. You have no place in the discussion on price vs. reward in the cash shop or in AD at all.

Not to mention most of you are missing the main point anyways, buying power is a bad mechanic. Period. Let me show you how this works:

(Power in this sense means: stats, levels, mount speed, gear, in-game currency, etc. Anything that allows you to perform higher in PvP which is just incredibly poor design, or even things that allow you to perform better in PvE.)

Can you buy power in a game?

Yes - The game is flawed, players will be upset that you can throw money at higher stats.

No - The game is designed correctly (theoretically) and everyone is happy that you can't simply buy power.

That is all.
Post edited by shadeypwnz on

Comments

• Options
    kilo418kilo418 Member Posts: 823 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Lol, entitled much?

You can get Everything in the game without paying. Those who do pay get it faster, as they should. You are not paying a dime, so it takes longer. Much longer. But you can still Acquire anything at all.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    kilo418 wrote: »
    Lol, entitled much?

You can get Everything in the game without paying. Those who do pay get it faster, as they should. You are not paying a dime, so it takes longer. Much longer. But you can still Acquire anything at all.

I was almost 100% certain the first response to this would be a Hero of the North owner bringing in a "wealth of knowledge" about the subject.

37637974.jpg
  • Options
    notdrizztnotdrizzt Member Posts: 123 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I love froobs!
  • Options
    pocketcopperspocketcoppers Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 36
    edited May 2013
    The worth of things, including money and entertainment, is derived from the individual's values.

Projecting your values onto others is egocentric and arguably immature, something an infant does.
    Lo, the mighty Oak: Just a little nut who stood his ground.
  • Options
    kilo418kilo418 Member Posts: 823 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    shadeypwnz wrote: »
    I was almost 100% certain the first response to this would be a Hero of the North owner bringing in a "wealth of knowledge" about the subject.

37637974.jpg

Precisely. You shouldn't complain about grinding. You are playing for free. FREE. What more do you want?
  • Options
    hkiewahkiewa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 379 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013

Clearly you do not understand how the world works.
  • Options
    soccermom69soccermom69 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    OP is a fool. I can enjoy Neverwinter for far cheaper than I can enjoy World of Warcraft or any other subscription based games. Go buy WoW and it's expansions for $60+ and then pay $15/mo. I can enjoy Neverwinter for far less. $10/mo lets me get anything I need or want from the store. You can enjoy the game for free too, but Neverwinter is far more value than any subscription based game.
  • Options
    mutharexmutharex Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    notdrizzt wrote: »
    I love froobs!

No froobs, no party (of enraged peasants whining on the forum)
  • Options
    demampdemamp Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    All mmos are fun at first and people get wrapped up in them and some even become fanboys. This has happened with literally every mmo launch. This game has serious issues that imo make this the quintessential game you play for a couple of weeks and then uninstall. The combat it weighty though and I do like that a lot.
  • Options
    mutharexmutharex Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    OP is a fool. I can enjoy Neverwinter for far cheaper than I can enjoy World of Warcraft or any other subscription based games. Go buy WoW and it's expansions for $60+ and then pay $15/mo. I can enjoy Neverwinter for far less. $10/mo lets me get anything I need or want from the store. You can enjoy the game for free too, but Neverwinter is far more value than any subscription based game.

I wish more people used their brain like you
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Precisely. You shouldn't complain about grinding. You are playing for free. FREE. What more do you want?

I want people to not be able to buy power. That's what I said in my post. Didn't you see?
  • Options
    wruntjuniorwruntjunior Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 55
    edited May 2013
    Wait, are you complaining you're not being handed stuff for free, and those of us who paid to get some things faster (rather than grinding) have no place from which to speak when we say either grind or pay?

37485216.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2013

Can you buy power in Wow? No.

Your point is invalid.
  • Options
    edited May 2013

Well he wants everything for free, dontcha know? EVERYTHING!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Wait, are you complaining you're not being handed stuff for free, and those of us who paid to get some things faster (rather than grinding) have no place from which to speak when we say either grind or pay?

No, I'm not. I don't give a **** if people get what they want with their money, unless it's power. Can you buy power in this game? Yes. Therefore I care about it.
  • Options
    edited May 2013

Your point is invalid.

wot pauah u tokkin bout?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    mutharex wrote: »
    Well he wants everything for free, dontcha know? EVERYTHING!

Nope, I don't want anything for free, I want people to not be able to buy power.
  • Options
    vertisonevertisone Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 67
    edited May 2013
    are you max lvl OP? I'm lvl 34 and have not been inclined to spend anything yet, I was not even aware that there were items that I need to buy. Am I placing myself at a disadvantage? I cannot tell.
  • Options
    wruntjuniorwruntjunior Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 55
    edited May 2013
    No, I'm not. I don't give a **** if people get what they want with their money, unless it's power. Can you buy power in this game? Yes. Therefore I care about it.

You can buy power in literally any online game...the only difference is whether it goes to some random farmer's pocketbook, or the company's pocketbook.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Nope, I don't want anything for free, I want people to not be able to buy power.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_BRv9wGf5pk

This powah?

What you referring to? Companions? What?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    vertisone wrote: »
    are you max lvl OP? I'm lvl 34 and have not been inclined to spend anything yet, I was not even aware that there were items that I need to buy. Am I placing myself at a disadvantage? I cannot tell.

Yeah but you ain't GOT DA POWAH!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_BRv9wGf5pk
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    You can buy power in literally any online game...the only difference is whether it goes to some random farmer's pocketbook, or the company's pocketbook.

Incorrect, and you have literally no proof to back up this wild claim. Move along $200 buyer.
  • Options
    soccermom69soccermom69 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Your point is invalid.

Fact: yes you can.

Google "Buy wow gold" or "buy power leveling wow". You can ever buy fully epic'd characters. Go to the WoW forums and go cry that other people are buying these services - and demand that blizzard give you everything for free. Literally thousands of websites sell characters / accounts with full epics.

Whether you buy these services directly from blizzard or a third party is irrelevant. You can "buy power" in every single MMO ever. And this will never change. The "power" sold in the cash shop in Neverwinter is quite limited too. You can get anything in the game without ever paying if you grind for it or work for it. Just like in WoW. Go grind forever or just buy someone else's character. This is nothing new. I prefer grinding for it because believe it or not, that's the fun. Trying to save up for an item and enjoying the journey is why I play MMOs. I quite WoW (Pre BC) when I hit 60. I had more fun 1-60 than I had raiding for items.
  • Options
    demampdemamp Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2013

I hate WoW but you can't buy the best items in that game from farmers. They are all BoP. You should amend your post because there are countless online games where you can't buy the best items.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Incorrect, and you have literally no proof to back up this wild claim. Move along $200 buyer.

At this point, I don't even think you know what TOPIC about which you're blathering nonsense.
  • Options
    edited May 2013

If you do PvP against anyone who has a $200 pack, or has spent zen in-game, you will be at a disadvantage. They have faster mounts, better enchants (stats) and can also purchase gear if they choose to.
  • Options
    sasheriasasheria Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Stop entering discussions about the cost effectiveness of this game. You already spent $200 on the game. You have not had to endure any AD grinding for your bag slots, bank, mounts, companions, nightmare keys, etc. You have no place in the discussion on price vs. reward in the cash shop or in AD at all.

Not to mention most of you are missing the main point anyways, buying power is a bad mechanic. Period. Let me show you how this works:

(Power in this sense means: stats, levels, mount speed, gear, in-game currency, etc. Anything that allows you to perform higher in PvP which is just incredibly poor design, or even things that allow you to perform better in PvE.)

Can you buy power in a game?

Yes - The game is flawed, players will be upset that you can throw money at higher stats.

No - The game is designed correctly (theoretically) and everyone is happy that you can't simply buy power.

That is all.

Why can't HotN join in discussion? Sure they spend $200 in support of the game and gotten advance AD (upto 2.6mil) but even with initial advance 2.6mil doesn't go very far when it comes to spending it in NWN. A lot of the level 60 gear STARTING AT 2 mil (give or take I'm at work so I can't check) so in the long run, even HotN can weigh in on the cost vs spending (at least from another perspective)
    To grow old is inevitable, to grow up is optional.
    Please review my campaign and I'll return the favor.
  • Options
    vertisonevertisone Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 67
    edited May 2013

shadey please tell me what I need to buy to become more powerful, I'm only lvl 34 but was wondering which items would give me an advantage over another player.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    At this point, I don't even think you know what TOPIC about which you're blathering nonsense.

I'm talking about buying power in-game.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    shadey please tell me what I need to buy to become more powerful, I'm only lvl 34 but was wondering which items would give me an advantage over another player.

You can purchase a faster mount to escape or close gaps in PvP, you can purchase gear by selling zen for AD and using the AH, you can buy better pets to use in dungeons or questing, you can buy enchants to buff your stats in PvP and PvE.