What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

To All Hero Of The North Owners

Comments

• Options
    shadeypwnzshadeypwnz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 60
    edited May 2013
    Done posting in this thread. ShadeyPwnz is clearly incapable of logical thought. He Demands proof for wild accusation, once presented, ignores it and claims third party services aren't comparable when his premise was "You can't buy power in other games".

Just pretend you're playing a subscription based game and set aside $10/mo for Neverwinter and you'll have enough AD to buy anything you'll ever need. That's cheaper than WoW's $15/mo and you don't even have to buy the game and its expansions!

You should not be able to buy power in a game. Can you buy power in this game? Yes.

I don't care how much it costs, or how often I "should" pay for it. I don't care what people spend their money on or how much they spend, do what you want. But power should not be available for purchase.
  • Options
    soccermom69soccermom69 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    shadeypwnz wrote: »
    You should not be able to buy power in a game. Can you buy power in this game? Yes.

Can you buy Power in World of Warcraft? Yes. Can you buy power in any MMORPG/MMO ever? Yes.

Go back to playing single player games if you're going to cry about what other people do.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    xhatch wrote: »
    Just because you have to grind in the game to get the things you want instead of getting them instantly in a free to play game. You should go complain somewhere...oh wait here you are already opening another complaint thread because you have to grind or pay.

/care

This has nothing to do with me getting gear instantly. This is about buying power. Please stop trying to warp the conversation.
  • Options
    xhatchxhatch Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Can you buy power in this game? Yes.

But is that power limited to only those who can buy it? No.

Others can get the same power buy spending their time.
    sig2dz.jpg
    :cool:PLAY TO WIN:cool: |"A light in the darkness."
    |
  • Options
    wruntjuniorwruntjunior Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 55
    edited May 2013
    If you want something to REALLY feel mad about, OP, feast your eyes on this:
    drow_zps360900e5.png

That's right, I'm playing something you can't even buy or grind for until June at least...Drow. Feel the pain.
  • Options
    terradraconisterradraconis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    xhatch wrote: »
    Threads like this need to be locked. They are obviously set out to start flame wars & trolling.

Saying you can't/don't have an opinion because you spent $200 is stupid.

Well yes. In general the complaint seems to be that because some people don't have to spend hours and hours and hours grinding for gear this is some how unfair.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    zagith312zagith312 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    (Power in this sense means: stats, levels, mount speed, gear, in-game currency, etc. Anything that allows you to perform higher in PvP which is just incredibly poor design, or even things that allow you to perform better in PvE.

I don't know what kind of sense of 'power' you have but...

Stats? Sure, that is power by definition. But where can you directly buy stats for Zen? I mean sure, you could make a contrived argument about the lockboxs and eventually the Ioun stone providing additional 'stats', but that would be kind of a weird argument to actually have.

Levels? Sure you could count that as power as well, goes hand in hand with stats. But the only way I've seen to buy levels is either by speedcrafting(Expensive?) or by purchasing experience pools, from what I've seen.

Mount Speed? Not power at all in PvE, might be power in PvP if you are able to mount up in those zones.

Gear? I don't see any purchaseable gear for Zen, so please cite where you can buy gear with Zen.

In-Game Currency? Not power, unless you are going to muddy the argument from 'character power' to 'buying power'. This is honestly part of makes the game's cash shop be half decent, if they didn't have in the AD > Zen auction house then you would literally have to pay money for all of the stuff in the auction house, as is you can just play the game to acquire that stuff.

So from what I can tell, you don't really know what you 'can' buy for Zen (That or it's really really well hidden in there) and your definition of 'power' is different from the one you yourself supplied in the above quote. If you have proof against something I said here, please direct me to it instead of doing what most people would do and just hand-wave it off. If you have a valid argument you should have no trouble refuting this post.

P.S: Not directed at you but buying bags? Not power either.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    drow_zps360900e5.png

That's right, I'm playing something you can't even buy or grind for until June at least...Drow. Feel the pain.

Sexy drow :D
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Can you buy Power in World of Warcraft? Yes. Can you buy power in any MMORPG/MMO ever? Yes.

Go back to playing single player games if you're going to cry about what other people do.

You should not be allowed to purchase power in a competitive online game. Period.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    drow_zps360900e5.png

Does Drow give you power? No? Then I don't care.
  • Options
    skeeter82skeeter82 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

I don't care how much it costs, or how often I "should" pay for it. I don't care what people spend their money on or how much they spend, do what you want. But power should not be available for purchase.

Ok, seriously, I have to work, so probably my last post as well, but SHUT UP! If you don't like this game, go play another, but I guarantee you're going to find the same thing everywhere you go. It's better hidden in other games (or you're just too ignorant to see it) but it's there. Have fun complaining to people who could care less. So far, this thread is over 7 pages long and you haven't garnered a single ally yet. Good luck hunting for your new game, and thank you for playing Neverwinter.
  • Options
    beaghan1beaghan1 Member Posts: 404 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kilo418 wrote: »
    Lol, entitled much?

You can get Everything in the game without paying. Those who do pay get it faster, as they should. You are not paying a dime, so it takes longer. Much longer. But you can still Acquire anything at all.

well said...
  • Options
    sindofinsindofin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The generalization does not make sense. I have seen plenty of heroes criticize the shop pricing and pay to win itemization, and then being told they want everything for free. LOL!
  • Options
    sefeniasefenia Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 54
    edited May 2013
    Poor disillusioned OP. I almost pity him..
    vn7W95H.png
  • Options
    malign99malign99 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The OP is ridiculous.

This is the same as any other game. Next thing you know he will be complaining because some guy can play 12 hours a day to his 3 or whatever. Time is money, it's something you should get used to. This will never change. There is no difference to the guy who can play 40 hours a week grinding his gear or the guy who works 40 hours and pays for it. There will always be players better than you, grow up. You choose you're play style stop worrying about others.

Neverwinters model works for them instead of a third party profiting, good for them, they are the ones who made the game so they should get the money. I see no problems here since everything can be had wether it's time or money.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    zagith312 wrote: »
    I don't know what kind of sense of 'power' you have but...

Stats? Sure, that is power by definition. But where can you directly buy stats for Zen? I mean sure, you could make a contrived argument about the lockboxs and eventually the Ioun stone providing additional 'stats', but that would be kind of a weird argument to actually have.

Levels? Sure you could count that as power as well, goes hand in hand with stats. But the only way I've seen to buy levels is either by speedcrafting(Expensive?) or by purchasing experience pools, from what I've seen.

Mount Speed? Not power at all in PvE, might be power in PvP if you are able to mount up in those zones.

Gear? I don't see any purchaseable gear for Zen, so please cite where you can buy gear with Zen.

In-Game Currency? Not power, unless you are going to muddy the argument from 'character power' to 'buying power'. This is honestly part of makes the game's cash shop be half decent, if they didn't have in the AD > Zen auction house then you would literally have to pay money for all of the stuff in the auction house, as is you can just play the game to acquire that stuff.

So from what I can tell, you don't really know what you 'can' buy for Zen (That or it's really really well hidden in there) and your definition of 'power' is different from the one you yourself supplied in the above quote. If you have proof against something I said here, please direct me to it instead of doing what most people would do and just hand-wave it off. If you have a valid argument you should have no trouble refuting this post.

P.S: Not directed at you but buying bags? Not power either.

You can purchase companions and items that directly affect your stats, that is buying power.
    You can purchase mounts that make you faster in PvP (yes you can mount in PvP) that is buying power.
    You can purchase currency allowing you to control the marketplace, and purchase anything you can't otherwise buy with real money, like items granting stats/power.
    I know exactly what you can buy with Zen, literally anything in the game that doesn't cost gold.
  • Options
    mutharexmutharex Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You should not be allowed to purchase power in a competitive online game. Period.

Since when NWO is a competitive game???

BTW wasn't the drow that came in HoTN a special skin, different from the drow everyone will get in 2 months? Practically Drizzt
  • Options
    edited May 2013

Then go back to playing single player games. You can buy "power" via buying accounts via third party sites in every single MMORPG ever. This will not change because people will always have the freedom to buy/sell accounts on their own.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    malign99 wrote: »
    The OP is ridiculous.

This is the same as any other game. Next thing you know he will be complaining because some guy can play 12 hours a day to his 3 or whatever. Time is money, it's something you should get used to. This will never change. There is no difference to the guy who can play 40 hours a week grinding his gear or the guy who works 40 hours and pays for it. There will always be players better than you, grow up. You choose you're play style stop worrying about others.

Neverwinters model works for them instead of a third party profiting, good for them, they are the ones who made the game so they should get the money. I see no problems here since everything can be had wether it's time or money.

This has nothing to do with playtime, this has to do with buying power. Can you buy power? Yes? Then it shouldn't be in the game.
  • Options
    elyrielleelyrielle Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    malign99 wrote: »
    The OP is ridiculous.

I find his refusal to believe this exists in all online games (albeit illegally - kudos to PW for capitalizing on it) really telling.
  • Options
    peterwaspeterwas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Packs are worth it, if you find them worth it. If you don't, don't buy them.
    That simple.

And i love mine!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    beaghan1 wrote: »
    well said...

I'm shocked that a hero of the north purchaser is ok with buying power.

Not really.
  • Options
    pocketcopperspocketcoppers Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 36
    edited May 2013

Why, actually, should one be unable to purchase power in a game? Can you gain advantage over time in a game? Yes. What is the real difference between time and money? Those who have the one seldom have the other.
    Lo, the mighty Oak: Just a little nut who stood his ground.
  • Options
    kilo418kilo418 Member Posts: 823 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You can purchase companions and items that directly affect your stats, that is buying power.
    You can purchase mounts that make you faster in PvP (yes you can mount in PvP) that is buying power.
    You can purchase currency allowing you to control the marketplace, and purchase anything you can't otherwise buy with real money, like items granting stats/power.
    I know exactly what you can buy with Zen, literally anything in the game that doesn't cost gold.

You can get every one of these things for free. We pay for the convenience of getting them faster. That makes you mad? Too bad. I wanna play WoW for free, I can to a max level of 20. What... people who pay can get a higher level than me?!?!? They are paying for in-game POWER!!!!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    peterwas wrote: »
    Packs are worth it, if you find them worth it. If you don't, don't buy them.
    That simple.

And i love mine!

If I don't buy them I am at a huge disadvantage in every aspect of the game. Purchasing power is distinctly wrong.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    kilo418 wrote: »
    You can get every one of these things for free. We pay for the convenience of getting them faster. That makes you mad? Too bad. I wanna play WoW for free, I can to a max level of 20. What... people who pay can get a higher level than me?!?!? They are paying for in-game POWER!!!!

That is a demo, not a marketed free to play version of the game. You have said nothing that counteracts the idea that buying power is wrong.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    elyrielle wrote: »
    I find his refusal to believe this exists in all online games (albeit illegally - kudos to PW for capitalizing on it) really telling.

If you are going to state that EVERY MMO ever made has always had the ability to buy power, I am going to ask how you know this, and that you back up your claims. This is reasonable considering the massive depth of this idea.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    mutharex wrote: »
    Since when NWO is a competitive game???

BTW wasn't the drow that came in HoTN a special skin, different from the drow everyone will get in 2 months? Practically Drizzt

Since it had PvP.
  • Options
    kilo418kilo418 Member Posts: 823 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    That is a demo, not a marketed free to play version of the game. You have said nothing that counteracts the idea that buying power is wrong.

Actually, when I check my email, there is an ad that says "World of Warcraft now FREE TO PLAY" then in small text it says "to level 20" so, it actually is marketted as free to play.
  • Options
    elyrielleelyrielle Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If you are going to state that EVERY MMO ever made has always had the ability to buy power, I am going to ask how you know this, and that you back up your claims. This is reasonable considering the massive depth of this idea.

Is this your first MMO? How are you not familiar with the concept of gold selling, powerlevelling services, character trading, etc? This happens everywhere, always has.