test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

To All Hero Of The North Owners

Comments

• rapticorrapticor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,078 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    shadeypwnz wrote: »
    Stop entering discussions about the cost effectiveness of this game. You already spent $200 on the game. You have not had to endure any AD grinding for your bag slots, bank, mounts, companions, nightmare keys, etc. You have no place in the discussion on price vs. reward in the cash shop or in AD at all.

I bought my bag with zen that I purchased during their last sale. So being a HoTN has no bearing on that. I haven't bought a bank upgrade because I feel it's too expensive. Mounts... Well you can buy a white one from the vendor but I admit the spider is nice and speedy. Companion I'm actually back to using the white cleric rather than the panther. The panther is a bit useless really. Nightmare keys don't interest me.

Just because we bought a founders pack doesn't mean we can't have opinions on the cash shop items considering we have to buy them just like everyone else.
  • kilo418kilo418 Member Posts: 823 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If you do PvP against anyone who has a $200 pack, or has spent zen in-game, you will be at a disadvantage. They have faster mounts, better enchants (stats) and can also purchase gear if they choose to.

So, these things that you can get without paying a dime... you are mad because I can get them faster? You can get them for FREE!!! Grow up please.
  • terradraconisterradraconis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Oh good I can still post.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • soccermom69soccermom69 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm talking about buying power in-game.

Read my last reply. You can buy power in ANY MMO. So I guess you should go back to playing single player games.
  • shadeypwnzshadeypwnz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 60
    edited May 2013
    sasheria wrote: »
    Why can't HotN join in discussion? Sure they spend $200 in support of the game and gotten advance AD (upto 2.6mil) but even with initial advance 2.6mil doesn't go very far when it comes to spending it in NWN. A lot of the level 60 gear STARTING AT 2 mil (give or take I'm at work so I can't check) so in the long run, even HotN can weigh in on the cost vs spending (at least from another perspective)

Most of these users aren't waiting until level 60 to spend their 2 mill AD. They're buying things on day 1 that make them stronger. Companions, keys, mounts, enchants, gear, etc.
  • mutharexmutharex Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If you do PvP against anyone who has a $200 pack, or has spent zen in-game, you will be at a disadvantage. They have faster mounts, better enchants (stats) and can also purchase gear if they choose to.

Aaah it's a PVP thing, then it's ok, I don't care about that <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>
    edited May 2013
    Read my last reply. You can buy power in ANY MMO. So I guess you should go back to playing single player games.

Incorrect, you cannot buy power in any MMO. Until you provide proof of this wild claim I will continue to ignore it.
  • hkiewahkiewa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 379 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I want people to not be able to buy power. That's what I said in my post. Didn't you see?

No, you want power with out the time invested to get it and without spending money. Again, you do not understand how the world works.
  • someoneodsomeoneod Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    vertisone wrote: »
    shadey please tell me what I need to buy to become more powerful, I'm only lvl 34 but was wondering which items would give me an advantage over another player.

Apparently since we got some AD with the pack, this now means we can buy power. I'm assuming the OP simply blocks out the posts explaining that every mmo ever made has account sales, in which you can buy fully epic'd out characters, or has not played wow in the last several years, in which they have something called GDKP, in which you get to tag along and get handed every item you have enough gold to win. Which, by definition, is buying power, since you can buy gold online from thousands of different sellers.

TOTALLY DIFFERENT THOUGHT right?
    edited May 2013
    kilo418 wrote: »
    So, these things that you can get without paying a dime... you are mad because I can get them faster? You can get them for FREE!!! Grow up please.

I cannot get these items at the same speed or efficiency as someone who pays, therefor they will always have an advantage over me. As soon as stronger gear, enchants, mounts, etc. are released this user will have them. I will be at a disadvantage until I spend weeks or months grinding, at which point more powerful equipment will be released, and I will be at a disadvantage again.

Buying power is wrong.
    edited May 2013
    Incorrect, you cannot buy power in any MMO. Until you provide proof of this wild claim I will continue to ignore it.

You want proof? LOL. Go to google.com and search "buy wow account" and you can buy infinite power in World of Warcraft. This applies to every single MMO ever. Literally the first link on google - vbarrack(dot)com you can buy a lvl 90 full epics for 250. You can buy better epics for 800. There's your proof. What now?
  • xhatchxhatch Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Threads like this need to be locked. They are obviously set out to start flame wars & trolling.

Saying you can't/don't have an opinion because you spent $200 is stupid.
    sig2dz.jpg
    :cool:PLAY TO WIN:cool: |"A light in the darkness."
    |
    edited May 2013
    someoneod wrote: »
    Apparently since we got some AD with the pack, this now means we can buy power. I'm assuming the OP simply blocks out the posts explaining that every mmo ever made has account sales, in which you can buy fully epic'd out characters, or has not played wow in the last several years, in which they have something called GDKP, in which you get to tag along and get handed every item you have enough gold to win. Which, by definition, is buying power, since you can buy gold online from thousands of different sellers.

TOTALLY DIFFERENT THOUGHT right?

You're comparing 3rd party account sales to an in-game item shop? Tsk tsk...

You shouldn't be able to buy power in-game. Sorry.
  • wruntjuniorwruntjunior Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 55
    edited May 2013
    Most of these users aren't waiting until level 60 to spend their 2 mill AD. They're buying things on day 1 that make them stronger. Companions, keys, mounts, enchants, gear, etc.

Stupidly spending AD in the AD store before you know what you shouldn't buy, or trading AD for zen at 500 a piece for keys for lockboxes before you understand that they're a bad idea...those two sucked half my AD down the drain before the free players even joined. >_>

Furthermore, OP...before ranting about people, perhaps you should be happy for them that you have a game at ALL that you can play for free. >_>
  • vertisonevertisone Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 67
    edited May 2013
    You can purchase a faster mount to escape or close gaps in PvP, you can purchase gear by selling zen for AD and using the AH, you can buy better pets to use in dungeons or questing, you can buy enchants to buff your stats in PvP and PvE.
    I thought fast mount and items on the AH are purchasable with AD? I only have access to lvl 3 enchants at the moment but no gear to socket them in ;_;
    edited May 2013
    xhatch wrote: »
    Threads like this need to be locked. They are obviously set out to start flame wars & trolling.

Saying you can't/don't have an opinion because you spent $200 is stupid.

Says the person who spend $200.
  • demampdemamp Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    someoneod wrote: »
    characters, or has not played wow in the last several years, in which they have something called GDKP, in which you get to tag along and get handed every item you have enough gold to win. Which, by definition, is buying power, since you can buy gold online from thousands of different sellers.

Oh come on hardly anyone does that. This is just getting stupid now.
  • hkiewahkiewa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 379 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013

Maybe a little more time in the real world (I'd suggest working) and a little less time worrying about who pwn'd you in a free video game
  • wruntjuniorwruntjunior Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 55
    edited May 2013

Says the person mooching free gameplay off of those that did buy founder packs.

Edit: Also, I see the discussion is now about MOUNTS in PVP....I have one thing to say, OP...learn to play rather than complain, seriously.
    edited May 2013
    vertisone wrote: »
    I thought fast mount and items on the AH are purchasable with AD? I only have access to lvl 3 enchants at the moment but no gear to socket them in ;_;

In order to get a Tier 3 mount with AD you have to spend almost 3 million AD. You can transmute 24,000 AD per day from grinding dailies, and you can get AD if you become a level designer and use the foundry, or if you sit at the AH for hours a day and post/repost gear until it sells. Assuming you spend 5-10 hours a day EVERY day playing, and you make twice the grinding amount of AD giving you 50,000 AD per day, you would need 60 days of gameplay to get a 110% mount. This is if you do literally nothing but grind diamonds all day, and ignore all other parts of the game. This is for 1 mount. One.
  • mutharexmutharex Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

You know what? I am going to spend 100 euro right now and buy loads of power in the cash shop just for spite.

That is if I can find any power in it...
    edited May 2013
    hkiewa wrote: »
    Maybe a little more time in the real world (I'd suggest working) and a little less time worrying about who pwn'd you in a free video game

I can assure you my real life is quite functional. Personal attacks as opposed to actual discussion do nothing, and prove nothing. Move along.
    edited May 2013

What's the difference? Anyone can buy power in ANY MMORPG ever. That's a fact. I personally think Blizzard should just sell these epics themselves. I mean - why not? It's available from third party websites already - so anyone who wants it can buy it (Any many do).
    edited May 2013
    mutharex wrote: »
    You know what? I am going to spend 100 euro right now and buy loads of power in the cash shop just for spite.

That is if I can find any power in it...

You can. Don't worry.
    edited May 2013

Edit: Also, I see the discussion is now about MOUNTS in PVP....I have one thing to say, OP...learn to play rather than complain, seriously.

Yes, instead of being grateful that even people like him can play thanks to adults with steady job, he cusses and swear at them
    He needs some caning
  • skeeter82skeeter82 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So my question for the OP:
    Do you even understand how F2P games work? It's very simple. People who spend money keep the game alive so that people like you can play for free. It's designed so that anyone can play regardless of financial standing or willingness to spend money on the game. If the only items offered in the cash shop were non game affecting i.e. appearance armor, non-combat pets, fireworks, or any other aesthetic items, it is highly unlikely that anyone would spend enough on the game to keep the servers running.
    End result: Either the cash shop sells items that empower the players to at least some degree, or you pay a monthly subscription fee. That's the reality of it.
  • xhatchxhatch Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Just because you have to grind in the game to get the things you want instead of getting them instantly in a free to play game. You should go complain somewhere...oh wait here you are already opening another complaint thread because you have to grind or pay.

/care
    sig2dz.jpg
    :cool:PLAY TO WIN:cool: |"A light in the darkness."
    |
    edited May 2013
    You can. Don't worry.

Can you suggest something? I am not very good at these things
    edited May 2013
    Done posting in this thread. ShadeyPwnz is clearly incapable of logical thought. He Demands proof for wild accusation, once presented, ignores it and claims third party services aren't comparable when his premise was "You can't buy power in other games".

Just pretend you're playing a subscription based game and set aside $10/mo for Neverwinter and you'll have enough AD to buy anything you'll ever need. That's cheaper than WoW's $15/mo and you don't even have to buy the game and its expansions!
    edited May 2013

The discussion is about buying power in a game. Please don't try to warp this to suit your own agenda.