test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Power Leveled to 40. Missing a BAG from a lower level quest. Help!

2»

Comments

• Options
    kaiserschmarrnkaiserschmarrn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 390
    edited May 2013
    You only need to backtrack to the graveyard and do the Clock Tower questline, at your level this should be easy as pie. Also when you get your bag please post here and laugh in the face of the "You deserved it" whiners.
  • Options
    beaghan1beaghan1 Member Posts: 404 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    chonir01 wrote: »
    Just because he played the game in a different way from you does not mean hes *doing it wrong*

I made 60 pretty early (doing quests yes) and the past few days I've spent my time dragging some friends through Foundry missions such as Ogre run - no its not a fish-in-a-barrel quest ... you just kill lots of ogres, no exploiting, Cragsteep (awesome fun) and others ... then helping them here and there with some quests. They have skipped several zones and could be accused of power leveling since the mobs are 60 (my level) and they were much lower.

We wanted to play together so we did. You have issues with that too? I dont care that they were doing <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> dmg to level 60 mobs. We had fun and they got good XP.

Even if he was playing a fish-in-a-barrel mission over and over, what does that have to do with you? Did it impact your play any? Nope. So dont just hop in the thread and start throwing around your holier-than-thou <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, we dont care.

hey smart guy, if you speed you can get a ticket right? well if you power level you miss content, that's not holier than anyone, it's common sense, get some.
  • Options
    blindprophetblindprophet Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    tfangel wrote: »
    It all comes down to choices really. Do you decide to go one route? Then you shouldn't get the rewards from the other route. Should we be able to get T1 and T2 without running the dungeons they drop in? Should they drop in foundry since those will scale to you? Makes more sense to me that the rewards are in line with the risk. At level or below those quests can take work, at least more than a character at cap, so why should the reward be the same, especially when a bag stays worthwhile while greens become vendor trash?

I'm all for being able to go back and get missed quests, but i also think the reward like bags should stay only if you are in the level range for it. They could even add other incentives like wards and respec tokens for doing them at at level or below, but not if substantially above.

Ignorant is not anywhere near a strong enough word for this line of thinking.

You basically have just said I shouldn't be able to get any of the rewards out of Ebon Downs because my level is so far ahead I have the quest for 2 zones ahead of it. How did I get there? Not through power leveling. No I've been working on professions, I've been playing PVP for the dailies, I've been running foundry dailies, dungeon dailies, invoking every chance I get, helping my friends catch up, and started reviewing foundry content occasionally. And now? I'm sitting at lvl 40 and I haven't touched Ebon Downs yet.

You don't have to go around trying to powerlevel to out level content in Neverwinter.
  • Options
    shultzillashultzilla Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 104 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    so what if this guy power leveled? In no way shape or form does this effect you.
    If someone wants to power level that's their business, who cares if he skipped content or not?
    It really should not bother you, if you yourself don't consider it a race then why QQ that you lost?
    That's basically what I see.
    People are so petty it's disgusting. Let people play and have fun the way that they want to.
    Is it really that difficult to just be nice to other people?

I have no issue with power leveling. The issue here is he chose to skip content knowingly and now wants help. You want to power level? Go for it. You want to skip content? Go for it. Don't come back asking for help because you did so. Why don't you play through your first 60, then choose to skip content.

Helping him was hand holding and shouldn't have been done.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    gotnks wrote: »
    Not necessarily; what if someone levelled exclusively on GOOD, legitimate Foundry quests and still missed out? Just a What-if, the world ain't so black and white ;p

well that person sadly would be in the same boat but that person I would feel a little sorry for because sometimes bad things happen even when you aren't doing something dumb.
  • Options
    diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    May i ask a question if everyone is done with trollong? I got two free bags, a medium one and a small one around level 30. I'm now level 41. Is there any other free bag after the lvl 30 one?
  • Options
    west135west135 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    in this thread:
    *people bashing on someone for leveling a different way
    *then they defend themselves by saying basically "oh no, it doesn't affect me, they can level however they want, but don't come and ask for help!"

then they refuse to help them

why bother posting at all then? the guy already got the information for where to get the bag, did you think by not telling him he wouldn't find out?
    seems some anti-powerlevel people are resentful
  • Options
    therealdestiantherealdestian Member Posts: 92
    edited May 2013
    chonir01 wrote: »
    No its CLOCK tower. Hes not talking about the level 16 instance, hes talking about the quest instance in Neverdeath, thats a CLOCK tower and has .. wait for it ... CLOCKS in it.

Lies.

Next you're going to be going on about how the MAGE tower has MAGES in it...
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    diogene0 wrote: »
    May i ask a question if everyone is done with trollong? I got two free bags, a medium one and a small one around level 30. I'm now level 41. Is there any other free bag after the lvl 30 one?

sadly not yet
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    west135 wrote: »
    in this thread:
    *people bashing on someone for leveling a different way
    *then they defend themselves by saying basically "oh no, it doesn't affect me, they can level however they want, but don't come and ask for help!"

then they refuse to help them

why bother posting at all then? the guy already got the information for where to get the bag, did you think by not telling him he wouldn't find out?
    seems some anti-powerlevel people are resentful

yes, I thought he's give up and never find out
  • Options
    infestedchris12infestedchris12 Member Posts: 37
    edited May 2013
    Just go to the graveyard, there'll be a quest giver under a tent with a quest to start his side of the zone... You can just finish the 4-5 quests quickly and get into the clock tower...

Thanks. It's sad I have to go to the 2nd page of my post to find a answer.
  • Options
    bellylintbellylint Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    C) While I have no issues with Foundry Grinding/Grinders, there WILL be alot of posts like the above that retardedly say "HURRHURR SERVES YOU RIGHT" even though it doesn't affect them in the slightest; they just want to be dicks because they can, rather than simply bypassing the thread they'll jump at the chance to be mean to a fellow human being. Hope those posts made you guys feel better.

I love post like yours that tries to pretend there's nothing wrong at all with powerleveling and actually expoiting because he obviously exploited the system and his account should be banned and deleted.

Yeah right, it doesn't affect anyone when actually it affects EVERYONE, PLing means you gain a HUGE boots over EVERYONE OTHER PLAYERS IN THIS GAME, that in turns means you get to hoard AH with tons of drops no one else can farm thus you get AD like a pig in a truffle field and this is ONLY one of many more advantages you gain over everyone else.

Please next time shutup with cheating not affecting other players.
  • Options
    bowlobbybowlobby Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    A)
    C) While I have no issues with Foundry Grinding/Grinders, there WILL be alot of posts like the above that <removed> say "HURRHURR SERVES YOU RIGHT" even though it doesn't affect them in the slightest; they just want to be dicks because they can, rather than simply bypassing the thread they'll jump at the chance to be mean to a fellow human being. Hope those posts made you guys feel better.

What's <removed> about loving the taste of tears? I think they're delicious.
  • Options
    diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    beaghan1 wrote: »
    sadly not yet

Okay thanks, good to know
  • Options
    vinlolvinlol Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    OP was asking a question...
    all this thread needed was an answer, not needless bashing at how OP leveled
    simple as that
  • Options
    gorbulasgorbulas Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    vinlol wrote: »
    OP was asking a question...
    all this thread needed was an answer, not needless bashing at how OP leveled
    simple as that
    ... and the OP got the answer! Thread closed?
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited May 2013
    If you trolled in this thread, this is your unofficial warning. Further trolling will result in official warnings sent to you.

Furthermore, the use of "retarted" in any form is unacceptable. Formal warnings are beginning to be issued for the derogatory use of this word. All other uses are being removed. Man, it's been a long time since I even used that word and even though I am using it without contempt, I still feel dirty. My apologies but it needs to be said.
    A Note about Respect
    We're here to have fun and to share information with each other. With so many different personalities gathered in one place, clashes are bound to happen now and then. But how one conducts oneself during these situations makes all the difference. While opinions are valued on the forums, please remember to respect each other and have discussions and not arguments. If you find yourself disagreeing with another member, think first and then calmly compose your words. Treat each other how you would like to be treated.

No trolling, or flaming.
    Any form of personal insult will not be tolerated. General rule of thumb: if you think that what you are about to post is insulting, don't post it.

Trolling:
    Attempts to incite others to anger, frustration or similar; also attempts to incite flaming or luring others into violating these rules.

I am closing this now as the OP has his answer and to prevent further trolling. I am very disappointed in what I have seen here... very disappointed indeed.
This discussion has been closed.