test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Power Leveled to 40. Missing a BAG from a lower level quest. Help!

infestedchris12infestedchris12 Member Posts: 37
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I power leveled to 40 using the foundry. I know when your around 30 to go into a Clock tower dungeon to get another bag. Now that I am 40, I can't get some lower level quests.

Can I just go in that dungeon and get the bag? Or is it quest specific? I feel like I am screwed here lol.
Post edited by infestedchris12 on

Comments

• Options
    gottneverwintergottneverwinter Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 112 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    This isn't going to end well.
  • Options
    vdinh037vdinh037 Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i like men and power leveling is <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>
  • Options
    rilectrilect Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I power leveled to 40 using the foundry. I know when your around 30 to go into a Clock tower dungeon to get another bag. Now that I am 40, I can't get some lower level quests.

Can I just go in that dungeon and get the bag? Or is it quest specific? I feel like I am screwed here lol.

the 12 slot bag youre looking for is from Neverdeath, the final quest of the zone at that.
  • Options
    gotnksgotnks Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    A) Cloak Tower is lv16. And it's Cloak, not Clock, that's not a typo or poorly-translated engrish. Have to read the Neverwinter backstory to know what it means. But yeah the Bag doesn't drop in the dungeon.

B) It's a lv30ish questline in whatever area you quest at then, at the end of the mission. Friend of mine got it last night and I just dinged 30 myself so I'll be finding out where it drops soon enough.

C) While I have no issues with Foundry Grinding/Grinders, there WILL be alot of posts like the above that <removed> say "HURRHURR SERVES YOU RIGHT" even though it doesn't affect them in the slightest; they just want to be dicks because they can, rather than simply bypassing the thread they'll jump at the chance to be mean to a fellow human being. Hope those posts made you guys feel better.
  • Options
    demorandemoran Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    My level 22 Control Wizard (paired with a Guardian Fighter companion) was able to solo the Cloak Tower. Since I was over level 20, I wasn't able to join a group, but it did let me go in by myself.

Perhaps you'll be able to do the same thing.
  • Options
    jpwizard23jpwizard23 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Female on the right side just past the campfire coming from the gates into the graveyard area (forget exact names) she isnt marked you just have to talk to her anyways, follow the entire Watchclock line.
  • Options
    deathbe4dismountdeathbe4dismount Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I dunno. I think it's quite acceptable to harass a probably exploiter.
  • Options
    shultzillashultzilla Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 104 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    gotnks wrote: »
    A) Cloak Tower is lv16. And it's Cloak, not Clock, that's not a typo or poorly-translated engrish. Have to read the Neverwinter backstory to know what it means.

B) It's a lv30ish questline in whatever area you quest at then, at the end of the mission. Friend of mine got it last night and I just dinged 30 myself so I'll be finding out where it drops soon enough.

C) While I have no issues with Foundry Grinding/Grinders, there WILL be alot of posts like the above that retardedly say "HURRHURR SERVES YOU RIGHT" even though it doesn't affect them in the slightest; they just want to be dicks because they can, rather than simply bypassing the thread they'll jump at the chance to be mean to a fellow human being. Hope those posts made you guys feel better.

He got exactly what he deserved. Follow the quest lines and you'll have no issue. It's not a race to 60.
  • Options
    kolourblyndkolourblynd Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am currently in the boat with OP, but it wasn't like I power leveled up, I simply skipped over a bunch of quests story-wise and PVP'd/Foundry with friends to close to 35-36, so I totally missed that bag. As of now, I finished the 30-33 lvl storyline quests @ lvl45, but no bag, so I'm off to do the lvl 41-42 questline and see if that nabs me a bag... once servers are up.
  • Options
    chonir01chonir01 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 141 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    A) Cloak Tower is lv16. And it's Cloak, not Clock, that's not a typo or poorly-translated engrish. Have to read the Neverwinter backstory to know what it means.

No its CLOCK tower. Hes not talking about the level 16 instance, hes talking about the quest instance in Neverdeath, thats a CLOCK tower and has .. wait for it ... CLOCKS in it.

You pretty much have to do the whole zone afaik to get the end of line quest there and get the bag (12 slot bag) Be warned that the quest updating in that zone is buggy as hell if you in a group (half the people not getting updates or being re-offered quests they just did) so unless you want to fight with it, do it solo.

Again to be clear, hes not talking about the 5-man dungeon, hes talking about the Clock tower quest instance in Neverdeath.
  • Options
    muspelfulmuspelful Member Posts: 9
    edited May 2013
    A) Cloak Tower is lv16. And it's Cloak, not Clock, that's not a typo or poorly-translated engrish. Have to read the Neverwinter backstory to know what it means. But yeah the Bag doesn't drop in the dungeon.
    There's a quest where you go through a clock tower solo instance.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    chonir01 wrote: »
    No its CLOCK tower. Hes not talking about the level 16 instance, hes talking about the quest instance in Neverdeath, thats a CLOCK tower and has .. wait for it ... CLOCKS in it.

You pretty much have to do the whole zone afaik to get the end of line quest there and get the bag (12 slot bag) Be warned that the quest updating in that zone is buggy as hell if you in a group (half the people not getting updates or being re-offered quests they just did) so unless you want to fight with it, do it solo.

Again to be clear, hes not talking about the 5-man dungeon, hes talking about the Clock tower quest instance in Neverdeath.

Ah, sorry then, I assumed(since he did skip content he might not know the difference lol), but you know what they say about assuming, and I pretty much just did make an *** of myself haha; as I said I only just hit 30 and haven't done that zone yet so I've yet to learn =) Thanks either way to both of ya that corrected me
  • Options
    beaghan1beaghan1 Member Posts: 404 Arc User
    edited May 2013

C) While I have no issues with Foundry Grinding/Grinders, there WILL be alot of posts like the above that retardedly say "HURRHURR SERVES YOU RIGHT" even though it doesn't affect them in the slightest; they just want to be dicks because they can, rather than simply bypassing the thread they'll jump at the chance to be mean to a fellow human being. Hope those posts made you guys feel better.

He didn't post, I missed it because I was happily enjoying Foundry content, no, he was power leveling so yeah he got what he deserved for missing game content. That doesn't make me mean in my opinion. Do stupid things and you will get bad results.
  • Options
    chonir01chonir01 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 141 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I am currently in the boat with OP, but it wasn't like I power leveled up, I simply skipped over a bunch of quests story-wise and PVP'd/Foundry with friends to close to 35-36, so I totally missed that bag. As of now, I finished the 30-33 lvl storyline quests @ lvl45, but no bag, so I'm off to do the lvl 41-42 questline and see if that nabs me a bag... once servers are up.

No it wont mate. The bag is a reward from a specific quest. You'll have to do the Neverdeath questline if you want the bag.
  • Options
    kellionbanekellionbane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just go to the graveyard, there'll be a quest giver under a tent with a quest to start his side of the zone... You can just finish the 4-5 quests quickly and get into the clock tower...
  • Options
    narathkornarathkor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am pretty sure you need to go through the quests in order till sgt knox sends you to neverdeath, if not you may be able to go to neverdeath and talk to the first guy there to start that chain. Either way you will have to do every quest in that zone to get your bag.
    Please check out my foundry quests!
    The Sins of the Father NW-DLN6BC8NX
    A Name For Yourself NW-DRBWMCFL4
    Click Here To Visit The Official Thread
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    beaghan1 wrote: »
    He didn't post, I missed it because I was happily enjoying Foundry content, no, he was power leveling so yeah he got what he deserved for missing game content. That doesn't make me mean in my opinion. Do stupid things and you will get bad results.

Not necessarily; what if someone levelled exclusively on GOOD, legitimate Foundry quests and still missed out? Just a What-if, the world ain't so black and white ;p
  • Options
    johnnielsjohnniels Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I personally spend a long time farming mobs in between Quests so I hit 30 before even leaving Blacklake so it is quite easy to skip content especially if it is linear enough that you can do the base quest line to the end with no extra kills.
  • Options
    ohmygoth33ohmygoth33 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Clockwork Guild Tomb is the name of the quest that gives the 12 slot bag in the Neverdeath Graveyard area. Just do all the quests there till it unlocks.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    beaghan1 wrote: »

Just because he played the game in a different way from you does not mean hes *doing it wrong*

I made 60 pretty early (doing quests yes) and the past few days I've spent my time dragging some friends through Foundry missions such as Ogre run - no its not a fish-in-a-barrel quest ... you just kill lots of ogres, no exploiting, Cragsteep (awesome fun) and others ... then helping them here and there with some quests. They have skipped several zones and could be accused of power leveling since the mobs are 60 (my level) and they were much lower.

We wanted to play together so we did. You have issues with that too? I dont care that they were doing <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> dmg to level 60 mobs. We had fun and they got good XP.

Even if he was playing a fish-in-a-barrel mission over and over, what does that have to do with you? Did it impact your play any? Nope. So dont just hop in the thread and start throwing around your holier-than-thou <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, we dont care.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    narathkor wrote: »
    I am pretty sure you need to go through the quests in order till sgt knox sends you to neverdeath, if not you may be able to go to neverdeath and talk to the first guy there to start that chain. Either way you will have to do every quest in that zone to get your bag.

Each *zone* is self contained and the quest will unlock at a given level from the good Sgt. You dont have to have finished (or hell even started) the previous zone to get the intro quest for a new zone, it just pops up as soon as you meet the required level. He will have to work the quest chain for that zone (neverdeath) in order to get to the bag quest tho.
  • Options
    shultzillashultzilla Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 104 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    chonir01 wrote: »
    Just because he played the game in a different way from you does not mean hes *doing it wrong*

I made 60 pretty early (doing quests yes) and the past few days I've spent my time dragging some friends through Foundry missions such as Ogre run - no its not a fish-in-a-barrel quest ... you just kill lots of ogres, no exploiting, Cragsteep (awesome fun) and others ... then helping them here and there with some quests. They have skipped several zones and could be accused of power leveling since the mobs are 60 (my level) and they were much lower.

We wanted to play together so we did. You have issues with that too? I dont care that they were doing <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> dmg to level 60 mobs. We had fun and they got good XP.

Even if he was playing a fish-in-a-barrel mission over and over, what does that have to do with you? Did it impact your play any? Nope. So dont just hop in the thread and start throwing around your holier-than-thou <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, we dont care.

There's no holier-than-thou being thrown around. He chose to power level, he payed the price. Now he wants help because he didn't do the story line quests? That's like cheating on a test and coming back for help regarding something on the test you cheated on. Follow the content accordingly and you won't have any issue.
  • Options
    roguehwzroguehwz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 32
    edited May 2013

Bag is not from the Dungeon.

You just have to follow your storyline, do all the quests in the chain and eventually you will be given the quest that awards the bag as the end reward.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    shultzilla wrote: »
    There's no holier-than-thou being thrown around. He chose to power level, he payed the price. Now he wants help because he didn't do the story line quests? That's like cheating on a test and coming back for help regarding something on the test you cheated on. Follow the content accordingly and you won't have any issue.

No, it's more akin to taking a backroads shortcut to get from Point A to Point B and then asking where the nearest Pizza place is. You took the backroad, missed out on the shops along the main highway, and risked getting molested by Hillbillies, but that's their choice. It is a holier-than-thou attitude by definition, and rather tell him where to get some nice Pizza, you're telling him to stay on the highways and never go on the backroads.
  • Options
    tfangeltfangel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It all comes down to choices really. Do you decide to go one route? Then you shouldn't get the rewards from the other route. Should we be able to get T1 and T2 without running the dungeons they drop in? Should they drop in foundry since those will scale to you? Makes more sense to me that the rewards are in line with the risk. At level or below those quests can take work, at least more than a character at cap, so why should the reward be the same, especially when a bag stays worthwhile while greens become vendor trash?

I'm all for being able to go back and get missed quests, but i also think the reward like bags should stay only if you are in the level range for it. They could even add other incentives like wards and respec tokens for doing them at at level or below, but not if substantially above.
  • Options
    l7arkspiritl7arkspirit Member Posts: 36
    edited May 2013
    so what if this guy power leveled? In no way shape or form does this effect you.
    If someone wants to power level that's their business, who cares if he skipped content or not?
    It really should not bother you, if you yourself don't consider it a race then why QQ that you lost?
    That's basically what I see.
    People are so petty it's disgusting. Let people play and have fun the way that they want to.
    Is it really that difficult to just be nice to other people?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    mrbuttflakesmrbuttflakes Member Posts: 407 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It was tough to see that bag with all the Ogres in the box huh..lol. J/k
  • Options
    dtrain69dtrain69 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    starbigamo wrote: »
    well done, honestly you deserved it.

This guy gets it.
  • Options
    studlyamistudlyami Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I had a friend who had this problem too. If you can find someone on that quest, have them share that quest with you then run it. At the end, if you have not already received the bag, you will be able to open the chest and get the bag.
This discussion has been closed.