What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Patch Notes NW.1.20130416a.16

Comments

• Options
    jenniskr2jenniskr2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    thanks for a great game, please keep up the good work!
    7vlbg.png
  • Options
    dustee071dustee071 Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    disapointed. I expected many more changes and improvements to the game, not the zen market. This game will not last.
  • Options
    skolage1skolage1 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    good job!!!
  • Options
    annastrianannastrian Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dustee071 wrote: »
    disapointed. I expected many more changes and improvements to the game, not the zen market. This game will not last.

Agreed. So buggy and so many subtly hidden pay to win things. Foundry barely works. Balance is non-existent.
  • Options
    maidenstarzmaidenstarz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    tellqua wrote: »
    So I will still be unable to DISCARD the nightmare ripoff boxes? I will still be forced to have them added to my inventory until i run out of space in both my bank and my bag and be forced to spend 1000 zen on another bag so that it too can be filled up with non discardable ripoff boxes?

Wonderful, ya keep up the good work on the scamming.

BTW, when are you going to fix the mail system? When are you going to fix the Great Weapon fighters and quit listening to the people claiming it is not broke at 60 who apparently have no clue what they are talking about or never rolled a rogue? When are you going to lower the ZEN store prices so that they are on par with other games like STO?

Please tell us..

What You can't drop them in the mail system to your self then delete the mail with out getting the boxes out??? That is how I get rid of them...

Hmm, I've seen this posted twice in this thread already....I have only played this game since the day it went to Open Beta and sold my lockboxes to market vendors in Protectors Enclave on Day 2. ( for 0 coins just like we discard in STO). You need to explore more before complaining. :D
    Always a seeker..of quests and adventure, of mysteries and treasures of imaginary worlds, of lore, of love, of life.
  • Options
    sabo630sabo630 Member Posts: 76
    edited May 2013
    people know they can buy ZEN with GEMS right?!
  • Options
    tellquatellqua Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    knives521 wrote: »
    I think you are all crying waaaay to hard on nerfing rogues. A slight adjustment on a rogue will send them into a downward spiral of nerfing and adjusting and buffing. Happens all the time. Every MMO "NERF ROGUE!" Rogue gets nerfed, adjusted, buffed then they start the cycle again.
    I am not talking NERFing him, balancing is different. If I nail you with one targeted and 2 AoE CC in succession then you should have to suffer with the third. How a TR can slip 3 CCs in a row is considered balance is beyond me.
  • Options
    malcontentmentmalcontentment Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Gateway is borked.

If you click switch characters, select the new character, the gateway kicks you out on load. When you re-authenticate, you then load up the selected character. If you switch again, same thing.
    Ask me about my attention deficit disorder or pie or my cat. A dog. I have a horse. Do you like swords? I saw a rock. Hi.
  • Options
    pepto2pepto2 Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just going to say the Auction gives me a headache every time I try and find gear. The min level NEVER works, and the max level only works sometimes. I search from 20-26 "lethal" gear and I get every single lvl 6 and lvl 34 and higher piece of <slot> gear with "lethal" in it.

And sometimes the Auction just breaks and only gives me items with no buyout. So instead of 300+ results I get 18.

PLEASE FIX THE AUCTION SEARCH MECHANICS!
  • Options
    vdinh037vdinh037 Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    pepto22 wrote: »
    Just going to say the Auction gives me a headache every time I try and find gear. The min level NEVER works, and the max level only works sometimes. I search from 20-26 "lethal" gear and I get every single lvl 6 and lvl 34 and higher piece of <slot> gear with "lethal" in it.

And sometimes the Auction just breaks and only gives me items with no buyout. So instead of 300+ results I get 18.

PLEASE FIX THE AUCTION SEARCH MECHANICS!

true say
    ps i like men.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    sritthh wrote: »
    You do realize this is open beta. The game is not on official relase yet. I know it's confusing as it's a f2p game so it doesn't feel like it's beta since anyone can get in and there won't be a wipe at the end. The reason it's Open Beta is because they know there's issues still to be worked out and there are likely to be many patches, possibly even more than 1 per day if something major needs a hotfix. If the game was release people would expect patches and maintenance to not happen daily and that things would be more fully implemented. They've been doing some good progress with bugs so far and I'm glad they're focusing on fixing those before adding in the "missing" content (gauntlgrym, companion training manuals, etc). I suspect the true launch/release will occur once the core content is all in place and all major known issues have been dealt with.
    As it should be. This open BETA is a great way to get the major bugs fixed. There are still a lot of people that would play this game but are turned of by the BETA status and are waiting for it to go full release. IMHO Criptic's NW team is shaping up to be top notch and are treating Faerun and Neverwinter with the same loving hand the first crafted it. I for one can't wait for it to go full release... Neverwinter has a life time subscription coming from me.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Is the Epic Throne of Idris Dungeon Delve chest not giving any loot included in this? I'd like to be able to get my items pls ;P
    I thought this too... But if you watch to the right of your UI you will see the reward enter your inventory. For some reason it doesn't show in the chest pop up but you do get the reward. This happens to me every time I do a dungeon, the end chest is "empty" but stuff is added to my inventory.
  • Options
    volcxxxvolcxxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    THX for fixing smoke bomb crash!
    That was really annoying! :)
    5cm82e.jpg
    Old "Blood and Sand: Unchained" quest
    Played more than 100 000 times!
    > TRY IT NOW!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Ecy4o6JqLc
  • Options
    mai0mai0 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    annastrian wrote: »
    From the OP "Maintenance is scheduled for 7:00 a.m. on Tuesday, May 7, 2013."
    Really? Many people from many places read this. 7:00 where? PST? PDT? GMT?
    At least approximately how much will it last? 1 hour? 6 hours?
    Those are Very Common things that are usually announced with any kind of patch of any kind of free to play, Massive game, like this one.

you do realize that b4 u log onto the patcher that it tells u about maintenance..and it says pdt >.>
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    They said the fix shouldn't affect normal dungeons so I doubt it was a blanket XP nerf. I could see them possibly putting a per quest XP cap though that could be tricky as the length it takes to clear a map should have a proportionate reward. Since the commonly mentioned exploits people have listed are pens and cliffs it's possible they put in a mechanic to reduce the XP gained from environmental death or if the mob isn't able to path to the player (so say the mob gives 10xp normally, if they're knocked off a cliff and the fall kills them they only award 5xp, and if they can't path to the player maybe they only give 1xp).
    They will probably go the Star Trek route and cap the EXP/ Loot drops. If you spend all your drops in one mission sorry about your luck!!! I like the system my self. You can still make some mad cash and exp but only so much per day.
  • Options
    wubickwubick Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    CW's Chaotic Growth still heals enemies. This can be extremely frustrating when fighting bosses with large HP pools.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    mai0 wrote: »
    you do realize that b4 u log onto the patcher that it tells u about maintenance..and it says pdt >.>
    And on that note there is a link on the announcement thread you can click and it will tell you what time IN YOUR timezone... And they will post this link every time there is a maintenance. they cut and paste that message and fill in the time/ date. annastrian your gripe is invalid.
  • Options
    ashenoakashenoak Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Awesome! Any details on "balancing foundry experience" as an Author I would like to know how that effects my development.
  • Options
    jedjtljedjtl Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    (i hope this is not double posted for some reason but here goes) ok for one this a really good game but it does need a few things for one and this very important we need lots of different armor (seriously please), the ability to move and fight (aka kiting,also very important),make it easier to make a guild or at least make a search option in the party search menu that says looking to form guild, also fix the aggro on all enemies because right now even when i am far away from them they detect me :( and lastly please make multiple chats or modify it somehow because as it is when you try to talk to someone you can't see what the other person says due to chat being flooded with messages also in chat give us the ability to scroll up and down messages.
  • Options
    xaazxxaazx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 122 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I am amazed that the Auction House search has not been fixed. It's quite pathetic that you have an AH in the game that works as poorly as it does. There is not point in looking for anything other than Epic loot unless you want to sift through piles of <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> looking at each item's level.
  • Options
    foxybabyfoxybaby Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    how long is maintenance usually?
  • Options
    bak0nbak0n Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 58
    edited May 2013
    Not meaning to sound ungrateful, great patch keep up the updates and comms with the community, but when can we see some class balance tweaks.

Currently I see TR doing 30k+ in one hit on my GWF or my GF buddy. I think this may be the armor pen calculation incorrectly or something but that is just wrong since even stacking health and defense I would have around 25-27k hp with around 30-35% damage reduction.

On a side note could use a mechanic put in that when someone leaves or afks they get auto booted and REPLACED!!!!! Currently too many matches lost via 4v5 or 3v5. Even had one where the match started and it was literally 0v5. :/

Nailed it. I have 45% mitigation and nearly 30k hps and get 1 shot by rogues on my GF. Match making would be nice as well. I'd rather wait a few extra minutes to not have a group of 3 gfs with 2 clerics. vs 3 rogues and 2 cw's..
  • Options
    jiklukjikluk Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ashenoak wrote: »
    Awesome! Any details on "balancing foundry experience" as an Author I would like to know how that effects my development.
    capped exp (2 ogre - 800xp at 25 lvl) and no loot if no exp
  • Options
    nemesiswarlocknemesiswarlock Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just curious, Did anyone elses professions disappear? I only see Rares and not the others. Also the Admin chat is in German now.
  • Options
    aramyllaramyll Member Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Do we have an ETA on sorting for the bank/guild bank, clicking items into the guild bank. Currently gems/runes are a huge inventory issue. Moving them into the guild bank feels like a daily quest trying to match the different stones to each other cause u cant stack them automatically. Also is there any intent to allow players to select a view mode for the inventory? Meaning having your inventory as one giant bag instead of having separate small ones. There are a lot of minor things that you either intentionally ignored, or just simply forgot about (AH filtering, requiring party to move from one zone to another, quest log lacking details and information, Foundry, etc) you have many games under your umbrella from which you can take a queue from to improve and improve quickly. STO comes to mind since they have had 3 years to fix and polish their game, please don't let stupid bugs like these stay in game for years on end, like they did.

A personal question: Why is this game so focused on draining as much money from its player base? Basic things like inventory space, bank space, ID scrolls, Power Respec token, Feat Respec(why are these two separate) are all a tad expensive IMO. Most games give players additional inventory/bank space as they progress in level with the extra option to buy even more bag space for x amount of money, example in STO. Same thing for respeccing, why didn't we get free respect tokens every 10 or 20 levels. Seeing as there is currently only 1 paragon path to choose from, with the intention of adding more in the future, also the inability to test out powers prior to buying them makes it pretty clear that you are just trying to get as much money from players as possible.

Recap: Things I think need to be addressed asap.

Bank/Guild bank sorting
    Double Clicking items into the guild bank.
    Auto stacking of items aka auto sort when items are moved in.
    View mode for inventory, having one giant bag.
    Respeccing tokens every 10, 20 levels.
    Change ID scrolls to cost gold not AD
    AH filtering
    Requiring party to move from one zone to another
    quest log lacking details and information.
  • Options
    fockbichgetcashfockbichgetcash Banned Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I look forward to getting home and seeing the results of the Foundry 'fixes'.
    I desperately hope the issue has been resolved. I spent 2 days 'no life-ing' this game to get from 1-48 legitimately only to have someone in my guild get to 60 in 1/4th of the time.
    Nothing worse than having your hard work made worthless.
  • Options
    iraklichiraklich Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Someone help me after 30% Launcher not patching...
  • Options
    fockbichgetcashfockbichgetcash Banned Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    iraklich wrote: »
    Someone help me after 30% Launcher not patching...

Have you tried turning it off and on again?
  • Options
    solyad1solyad1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 127 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    You do realize this is open beta. The game is not on official relase yet.

That is all I needed to read. Listen, people have already paid REAL money in their shop for items so this is now a REAL, LIVE game. This "Open Beta" B.S. is a bunch of marketing hogwash to cover their bottoms in case the launch (yea LAUNCH) was a total failure. It has not been, in fact it's been very smooth. Don't try to push this "this is still beta" line on people. When RMT are in play it is as REAL as it gets. Unless they plan to refund me for the real money I have spent, this is LIVE.

By the way, just because it's live does NOT mean it is finished and I never claimed that it was. MMOs are living projects that constantly develop and change over their lifetimes. I'm 100% aware of that, but there are certain things in a virtual community, like an auction house, that really need to function properly right out of the blocks.

EDIT: Make no mistake, I am not hating on this game. I FREAKIN LOVE IT. It's the first game that's kept me up until 2:00 am since vanilla WoW back in the day. This game has tremendous potential and I look forward to supporting it well into the future. However, I am not part of the gullible masses that are buying the "oh it's just beta" bit. They had plenty of betas to sort stuff out. This open beta thing is just a way to cover themselves in case the soft launch went horribly wrong, which it did not.
  • Options
    aveanavean Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    glad to hear teh smoke bomb rage was never really smokebomb. just partly smokebomb andd required other certain skills for it to occur. i AM still upset that throne of Idris's delve chest still gives nothing.
This discussion has been closed.