test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Patch Notes NW.1.20130416a.16

Comments

• Options
    warmachine104warmachine104 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Finishing tasks at gateway dont give rough AD!!!!
  • Options
    zaphod042zaphod042 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Nice list. Please look into the mail GUI. Its terrible and needs an overhaul.
  • Options
    rubberduckie3rubberduckie3 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 62
    edited May 2013
    hazukashl wrote: »
    Why not look at buffing the defenses of the GF class?

While I agree that the CW and TR are strong they do kind of need to be...when faced with the amount of defense they personally have...when they get hit its a mack truck on a baby deer sometimes... so maybe the GWF and GF just need to have the mitigations raised a little? rather than taking the venom out of the snake...

i agree dont need to nerf other classes just fix the broken ones .......GWF
  • Options
    gwalahadgwalahad Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ixoth wrote: »
    Lol at your comment about nightmare boxes. I have played quite many hours with my chars and in total I have maybe 20+ boxes on all of my alts. Not like they'd drop very often from mobs. There are more important issues to fix tbfh. Like other posters have mentioned the queue'ing to dungeons, the auction house filtering etc.
    i'm only level 30 , and hadnt realised they were not discardable, just holding onto them anyway for now, but i jsut followed the quests to 30, and i have almost 50 from random mob drops - so can see how it could become an issue later on i suppose. that said you might be right that there are more important issues.
    First foundry quest, simple and to the point : NW-DDBDRZFG3
  • Options
    avluela2avluela2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    We TRs have this abilty called Impossible to Catch, when we break up all your CC and cant be CCed again for a certain time, but in this time we kick your *** with our shiny daggers.
  • Options
    ejimoejimo Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    nice update but hoping you guys will start addressing some of the class issues ( mainly great weapon fighter ............)

^This Please. leveling is brutal in the beginning.
  • Options
    kikakuniakikakunia Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sritthh wrote: »
    Funny thing as a rogue I kind of feel the same way about CWs. It got a bit better once I could buy the Impossible to Catch encounter power (and remember to equip it when in a pvp match as I don't have a use for it in pve really as the mobs holds don't last long enough to make it worth slotting). Effective dodging is the key with any class, not just rogues, in avoiding CC but you have to know it's coming in which isn't very obvious unless you're 1-on-1 with another. As for damage I'm not sure if rogue is overpowered as I haven't done pvp at 60 yet where I actually have a bit of purple gear (the founder weapon and a trade bar weapon) but at lower levels I could be taken out by a CW in the time it took for one of his holds to wear off (no ItC power meant no way to escape CC) and well if a CW and TR teamed up on me I was doomed from CC actions. ItC breaks a current CC and gives a short-term resist to others but in pvp it's cooldown isn't short enough to be useful more than once in a fight. I admit at least the CW and TR probably need some pvp tweaks but only if they can alter how powers work in pvp without it affecting pve, and also only if it's taken into consideration that the effectiveness of them is often dependant on gear and choice in powers, especially once more paragon paths come out (since ItC is tied to the only PP currently available to TR so if they choose a different PP they may not get a CC-breaker).

Please dont start about nerfing or buffing within the first 6 months of a game. TR dont need anything , however diminishing returns would be nice ( chain CC ftw?)
  • Options
    avluela2avluela2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    tellqua wrote: »
    These are not the only issue with TR. I am a CW and it is frustrating as hell to watch as a TR slips control power after control power only to come up, stun or daze or what ever the little monster does and I am help less to defend his assault. His defenses are to strong. How is it they can slip every CC and then gank me to death. Soon we will be seeing pre-mades of nothing but TR dominating PvP. I to am not saying they need to be nerfed to nothing BUT they need some re balancing for PvP. Maybe a CC slip for the other classes?? IDK I am not a dev so IDK how to address this issue, but it needs to be looked at and adjusted some.

We TRs have this abilty called Impossible to Catch, when we break up all your CC and cant be CCed again for a certain time, but in this time we kick your *** with our shiny daggers.
  • Options
    imperviumimpervium Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thanks NW team. I've been here since Beta Weekend 1, but stayed out of the early access woes (been playing these games long enough to know better); created my first permanent character this morning and played for a couple of hours before the patch. Good to see ya'll plugging away at the fixes.

Here's a few issues you're probably already aware of: (1) Particle effects like the quest path, campfires and dracolich corpse still aren't working inside the first part of the tutorial. I think people first noticed this during Beta Weekend 2. (2) Zooming in and out still doesn't work in combat mode. (3) There is no hotkey in the keybinds for /walk 1 and /walk 0 toggling. (4) There is no button to minimize chat.
    _

[SIGPIC]Captain Electric and the Sapien Spider[/SIGPIC]

"YES, PLEASE"
    Vote YES for the Foundry in Champions Online.
    @Captain-Electric | CoH/Virtue veteran | Proud new Champion
  • Options
    kingnewbskingnewbs Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    No it is not, still the same, after equipping still my wizard can't cast anything and get the info "You must equip a weapon"
    Tell me, is it raining in the future? I was thinking of taking a walk but I'm not sure whether I should bring my umbrella.

These patch notes are a great step, keep up the good work. I am enjoying the hell out of this game! :D
    [Beholder] - The Crimson Queen - Trickster Rogue
  • Options
    sand1972sand1972 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 69
    edited May 2013
    tfangel wrote: »
    I think a nice fix would be if you could queue for more than 3, any random one, or any of a tier. As it stands now, the quickest is if i toss cloak tower in there, i can get a quick queue, otherwise it's hours. :P

If you are at 8300+ GS running tier 2 dungeons you are at the leading edge of what people are doing, which means there are fewer people queuing for those dungeons. So yes, you are in all likelihood going to have a wait.
    Not exactly sure how you expect Cryptic to fix that. Join a guild?
  • Options
    kilyan82xkilyan82x Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    would be cool if u can move whille attacking, nowadays in mmos not moving while attacking is fail
    CPU:PHENOM II X4 965@3.9 GHZ
    MOBO:ASROCK 890GX EXTREME 3
    RAM:8GB 1600 MHZ
    SSD:SAMSUNG 830
    VGA:ASUS 560 TI DCII TOP 900/1800/2100
  • Options
    papstainpapstain Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Sup, Does anyone who tends to the etheral fires of the website read this forum? Because I wanted to request something : I don't think its hard to have a local timezone display. as, strangely enough, not everyone uses US time. Is this possibly going to happen?
  • Options
    rojjinrojjin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sand1972 wrote: »
    If you are at 8300+ GS running tier 2 dungeons you are at the leading edge of what people are doing, which means there are fewer people queuing for those dungeons. So yes, you are in all likelihood going to have a wait.

if people are still lower than 8300 at 60 they need a better guild... i have a 10.2k rogue and can hand any guild mate an 8.5k gs the instant they hit 60
  • Options
    kataz777kataz777 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    My only issue with this game is its very simple and non-complex. No weapon swapping, Tiny bags, Tiny bank, no right-click to invite option, GWF... 4.0e problems.

The game is fun no doubt, but woefully uncomplicated and way too much grasping for Zen $$$. :(
  • Options
    tellquatellqua Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    piklen wrote: »
    Sounds like what's happening is as soon as you CC him, he uses his anti-CC power. You CC him again but now he's realised what's up so he starts dodging and using his gap closer abilities to come up to you. As of now, its actually easy for a CW to take down a rogue because TR's anti-CC powers have a very long cooldown and he can't use it constantly. Just take note of his dodges and you will be fine.
    So what you are saying here is more tactical work... Like hit him with a low CC then nail him with the more powerful after a quick dodge when he come in to shiv my kidneys. It will take some practice but I think I have some thoughts... But when facing Muti TRs on a team you can just forget about it unless there is more then two AoE CC. one is very short duration, the other takes to long to cast and has a small AoE. Like I said, just some tweaks. TBPH this is the first PvP experience I have ever enjoyed. EVER, so idk how to address the balance issues, I can just say as a player, the TR or the CM need a look at and some numbers crunched. Super fun all in all.
  • Options
    chairmanmeowmixchairmanmeowmix Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kataz777 wrote: »
    My only issue with this game is its very simple and non-complex. No weapon swapping, Tiny bags, Tiny bank, no right-click to invite option, GWF... 4.0e problems.

The game is fun no doubt, but woefully uncomplicated and way too much grasping for Zen $$$. :(

I agree. Hopefully this will change soon.
  • Options
    tellquatellqua Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ive noticed that on CW sudden storm spell might have some bugs.Im not sure if its suppose to work like that but:
    1.When on straight terrain it shoots 3 bolts
    2.When on downhills and uneven terrain it shoots only 1 bolt (2 tops)
    I have seen this to and it seems to me to be just a graphics error. Watching the HP DMG floaters all targets are taking DMG.
  • Options
    sherooksherook Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    People will stop buying Zen if this one isn't fixed soon. So this will probably get a high priority when they realize it is happening.

You get 5 slots to put up buy or sell orders for Zen/astral diamonds. Those slots are being bugged and can't be used. I now have 2 of 5 slots bugged. If I get 3 more locked up I will have no reason to buy more Zen. I have 2 bugged slots, you guys might have more people with more slots bugged you aren't even aware of.

Figure a bug that hinders or discourages people from buying more zen gets top priority.
  • Options
    abominabomin Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    what about founder companions fighting slower then dripping molasses?

There is a to much of a delay before the companion starts to fight, then at that they fight slow
  • Options
    pantamimepantamime Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    HURRAY SMOKE BOMB FIX! no more lame scrubs abusing it for wins
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PVPer rocking it Solo queue style since the dawn of Neverwinter
  • Options
    eisenevskyeisenevsky Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Not meaning to sound ungrateful, great patch keep up the updates and comms with the community, but when can we see some class balance tweaks.

Currently I see TR doing 30k+ in one hit on my GWF or my GF buddy. I think this may be the armor pen calculation incorrectly or something but that is just wrong since even stacking health and defense I would have around 25-27k hp with around 30-35% damage reduction.

Does the armor pen on TR really do that much or are their damage numbers just way to high? I understand they need to burst single targets but one shooting a tank and bruiser class? Not asking them to be nerfed into the ground just the amount of damage that goes through armor be adjusted slightly for player vs player.

Also for the amount of CC that CW have the damage seems a tad high as well. Could add CC effectiveness reduction mechanic to avoid chain CC from CW's but then that might make them <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> since they couldn't just hold people in place till they were dead anymore.

Again this is only for pvp but kind of annoying that even as a GWF with some decent defense fighting against a CW or TR I'm dead before I can even pop unstoppable or I just get dropped like a fly outright. 9/10 if a team has a gear CW or TR players are just giving up.

On a side note could use a mechanic put in that when someone leaves or afks they get auto booted and REPLACED!!!!! Currently too many matches lost via 4v5 or 3v5. Even had one where the match started and it was literally 0v5. :/

a rogue has a daily skill that ignores defense +additional damage on health lost. just means you will have zero mitigation against that daily :)
  • Options
    grierdongrierdon Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I just want to say the communication here is impressive, I hope it continues to be that way.
  • Options
    annastrianannastrian Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    From the OP "Maintenance is scheduled for 7:00 a.m. on Tuesday, May 7, 2013."
    Really? Many people from many places read this. 7:00 where? PST? PDT? GMT?
    At least approximately how much will it last? 1 hour? 6 hours?
    Those are Very Common things that are usually announced with any kind of patch of any kind of free to play, Massive game, like this one.
  • Options
    cyresofbsgocyresofbsgo Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kataz777 wrote: »

don't forget the 15+ Astral Diamond Identification scrolls to identify things that cost only copper and silver, talk about overpriced... heck.

ID scrolls should only cost 1 silver for the minor, 1 gold for the up to lvl 59, and maybe 100 gold (or 1 that's JUST ONE, AD) for the lvl 60 ID scroll

or a optional money system, where it ether can obtained with gold or AD

1 silver, or 10,000 for 1 AD (yes the **** minor scroll costs over 150K% more than anything it can ever frakking ID... currently)
    1 gold, or 100 for 1 AD
    100 gold, or 1 for 1 AD
  • Options
    mgs1legacymgs1legacy Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sand1972 wrote: »

The Queuing doesn't work correctly, yesterday there was at least 6 people in the same zone queuing for Throne of Idris and we wasn't getting put together or anything.
  • Options
    ddobsddobs Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 43
    edited May 2013
    Nice patch! Still need some price balances
  • Options
    hxeehxee Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    annastrian wrote: »
    From the OP "Maintenance is scheduled for 7:00 a.m. on Tuesday, May 7, 2013."
    Really? Many people from many places read this. 7:00 where? PST? PDT? GMT?
    At least approximately how much will it last? 1 hour? 6 hours?
    Those are Very Common things that are usually announced with any kind of patch of any kind of free to play, Massive game, like this one.

Are you kidding? it's on the launcher, and if you use your common sense the servers in the US and ALL times thus far have been quoted the PDT time zone.
  • Options
    rathma86rathma86 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 80
    edited May 2013
    don't forget the 15+ Astral Diamond Identification scrolls to identify things that cost only copper and silver, talk about overpriced... heck.

ID scrolls should only cost 1 silver for the minor, 1 gold for the up to lvl 59, and maybe 100 gold (or 1 that's JUST ONE, AD) for the lvl 60 ID scroll

or a optional money system, where it ether can obtained with gold or AD

1 silver, or 10,000 for 1 AD (yes the **** minor scroll costs over 150K% more than anything it can ever frakking ID... currently)
    1 gold, or 100 for 1 AD
    100 gold, or 1 for 1 AD

at 60... why would you need to even buy a scroll?
  • Options
    rojjinrojjin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    form a team and queue... it will pop in 20 seconds.. don't sit in the same zone and queue separately.. that's just stupid
This discussion has been closed.