test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

My Cleric Build.

mewbreymewbrey Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 517 Bounty Hunter
edited September 2013 in The Temple
  • Introduction
  • Build stats & Gear
  • Companion
  • Power & Feats
  • Healing dungeons
  • Videos

Introduction:

COLOR=#ff0000]Build: 1.04[/COLOR
I have since stopped playing this game, sorry!
This guide will no longer be updated as of 04/Aug/13
Due to a requests I have decided to make a post with details on my build and just about anything I do with my cleric, with the hope to help others find a build they are comfortable with and allows them to enjoy the game as much as possible. This build is designed around healing, with that said you should not expect to be doing much damage as it is not the focus of this build, you will however be able to solo while leveling and farming at high end with little to no issues.

Please note this build is subject to change, and may be adapted upon new findings I am not responsible for your astral diamonds and/or Zen used. Please take your time when deciding what build you would like to use.

~*~
Build stats & gear:
20 WIS, 13 CHA, 13 STR, 10 INT, 10 CON, 8 DEX
I started out with 13 charisma and strength along with 18 wisdom bringing it up to 20 wisdom from the human optional stat increase. From there on every 10 levels I selected to increase both wisdom and charisma.

You are looking to obtain the miracle healer set from tier 2. If you’ve just hit 60 you can get by using seal based gear or dropped gear in general, don’t get too caught up on gearing until you are running tier 2’s, ideally you want critical and recovery primarily, however the value of these two stats will start to drop drastically once you reach set points, these points are fairly irrelevant as you are aiming to use the miracle healer set, this will give you the stats that you need.

If you’re critical is sitting at 2000 and above, you no longer need to worry about this stat.
If your recovery is sitting at 2750 and above, you no longer need to worry about this stat.

However, while it is safe to avoid these stats once hitting the above numbers, there is nothing wrong with continuing to build on them, they will still continue to increase your healing output just at a slower pace, the tar like diminishing returns for each of the above stats begin at 1000 for critical and 2000 for recovery.

Once you’ve managed to cover the above stats, you can begin to focus on power, as this will increase your general healing, including healing from repurposed soul as your critical damage/healing will become larger with higher amounts of power. Ideally we are aiming for 5000 and above in power, as it is a fairly easy stat to obtain. With the high end tier 2 gear, including castle never main hand and off-hand weapons you will have no trouble breaking past the 5000 power and stretching into 6000 power and beyond.

When adding enchantments to gear we are looking to add power, as long as you are above the critical and recovery stated above. If you are below 2000 critical or 2750 recovery, I would suggest using the respective enchantments to increase your critical and recovery.

Offensive slots are radiant enchantments, defensive slots are azure enchantments and your utility slots will be dark enchantments to increase your movement speed.
~*~
Companion pet:
Currently the best pet to use is the Ioun stone of allure, if you have a cat it will make do but it is recommended to use the Ioun stone as it does not use belts, for this build the icon slot on the stone will serve you much more than anything you will get from the cat’s belt slot.

The Ioun stone of allure will give you a moderate amount of power, critical and recovery on top of this any items or rune stones you put onto the companion will be received by you, please keep in mind that these pets are augment pets and will not fight this does however mean that they cannot die apart from falling damage.
When healing for your group make sure you are attempting to keep healing word on your main tank throughout the dungeon you can also use this to help top up players that have gradually taken damage through an encounter, try to apply it to people when they are about 75% health. You can also use healing word in divine mode if the target is continuing to take damage to give them an additional top up of health however it is not ideal and you should try to avoid using this skill in divine mode, the best time to use this in divine mode is if you have three pips of divine power.

Astral shield should be used with divine mode at all times the increased healing it gains from being used in divine mode is rather high and it scales with increased healing from healer’s lore and deepstone blessing if the healed ally has any temporary health. Make sure you always save one divine pip for astral shield, you can use this skill when you see people not getting out of red circles or when you know that area of effect damage is in coming, it can also be used for general blanket coverage if your groups gear is a little sub-par keeping this skill up for a great deal of time can result in a large amount of mob damage being reduced.

Bastion of health is great to use with linked spirit, try an use bastion of health when you have two divine pips available, but keep in mind that last divine pip must be reserved for astral shield usage, linked spirit will increase your groups damage as well as survivability, bastion of health’s cool down is fairly long so you should have little issue reserving it for two divine pips before usage. Try and target as many people as possible when using bastion of health to get as much value as possible from using this skill.

With divine fortune you will be gaining 33% divine power from using bastion of health and 10% divine power from using healing word (30% with three usages), this in conjunction with sacred flame should generate enough divine power for you to use skills as you need them.

Divine armor can be used to increase survivability during down time of astral shield, and it can also be used to help increase you’re healing from deepstone blessing. Try marking all non-minion based targets with astral shield and then proceed to use sacred flame, this should cover most splash damage due to repurpose soul, keep in mind that having healing word on your tank is fairly important also.

Some skills can be switched out such as bastion of health for forgemasters but if you do, do this linked spirits value will drop greatly along with divine fortunes. You can also swap out healer’s lore for foresight but it has been my experience that the 20% healing increase out weights 11% damage reduction across the entire dungeon, however if your groups general gear is poor and they cannot cope with the damage in the first place, it may be more benefiting for you to take foresight and benefit of foresight over healer’s lore and mark of healing.
Thanks for taking the time to read my post and watch some videos! I hope they help in some way, I will continue to update this post with new videos when I make them, and update any changes to the build, each new build will have its build number at the top and each video will have its build number displayed with it.

And a special thanks to everyone on the forums to supporting one and other to improve the cleric class and helping each other, the more the cleric community sticks together and supports each other the better the gaming experience will be for all!
~*~ Foundry missions: Stronghold Branax : Goblin menace : Forwyn crypts ~*~
Post edited by mewbrey on

Comments

• Options
    mewbreymewbrey Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 517 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Reserved space for Opening post notes & changes.
    1.04 - 07 July 2013
    • Added new Fardelver crypt video (tier 1)
    • Added new Crypt of the dwarf king video (tier 2)
    1.04 - 30th June 2013
    • Added new Spellplague caverns video.
    • Latest video build color is now green, old build numbers remain red.
    • Corrected some spelling errors.
  • Options
    razielhemelachrazielhemelach Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thanks for exposing your build, potentially causing so many people to use this build, it gets nerfed.

Congratulations!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Thanks for exposing your build, potentially causing so many people to use this build, it gets nerfed.

Congratulations!

I don't think cleric will be seeing any nerfs, the only skill they could legitimately nerf is Astral shield, but they would need to buff our other skills in exchange and perhaps sort out our threat so that we do not have to tank every add on every boss encounter.
  • Options
    pnellesenpnellesen Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Is it possible to "nerf" clerics in this game any more than they already are? I'm used to playing D&D Clerics that swing big, nasty greataxes and wear Heavy Plate armor while casting insta-kill spells and doing Crowd Control, all while keeping the party healed at the same time. From what I'm seeing, that's not going to be possible in this game. They do seem to have their offensive capabilities, but they're severely limited.
  • Options
    jerictjerict Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Any tips for single target healing when everyone is clumped up on the boss. My cleric is only level 27 right now so I dont have a whole lot of stuff but I am just curious for later on closer to 60 and even at 60
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    jerict wrote: »
    Any tips for single target healing when everyone is clumped up on the boss. My cleric is only level 27 right now so I dont have a whole lot of stuff but I am just curious for later on closer to 60 and even at 60

At your level range you do not have all the tools replace bastion of health with healing word and at 30 replace astral shield with forgemasters, until you can replace them with the other skills, at high end single target healing is much less of an issue.

Later on divine bastion of health can heal for a nice amount, and has a rather long deployment range so it is good to hit people with even from a distance and can be used as a single heal. If that is not enough later on you can throw a divine armor on the target as well, but only if they are to far away to be effect by hallowed ground.

Once you get astral shield teach your team mates to stand in it, they soon learn when they take a huge reduction in damage.
  • Options
    dustee071dustee071 Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have a similar build and its already hard to get divine power but when i have a million ads on me its impossible. I just roll over and die sometimes. Any tips?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    dustee071 wrote: »
    I have a similar build and its already hard to get divine power but when i have a million ads on me its impossible. I just roll over and die sometimes. Any tips?

If you're at level cap my main tip would to be keep inside the astral shield, if you really need to get divine power to spend a pip on astral shield spam your encounter skills as much as possible even if it ends up wasting them in the long run, the short term result is you live.

If you play with people you can talk to and communicate without issues i.e them throwing a hissy fit, wizards can use black holes and great weapon fighters can use come and get it to pull mobs away from you for a short period giving you time to sort yourself out, but some times you just get over ran.

Also try never to show you back to mobs when you get a chance you do not want them hitting you in the back.
  • Options
    druftiexdruftiex Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If I may ask few questions.

- First of all do you know the actual numbers of the added bonus in linked spirit?
    - I personally cant see sooth being worth more than foresight but i guess it depends on the question above. Even so is 40% less threat from healing going to matter that much anyway? It wont have any effect on all spawning mobs dashing to you anyway and if your tank is not bad, the bigger ones should not matter.

With those 2 things in mind, with feats foresight is 11% less damage for the whole party practically all the time. I cant really see that being something that should not be taken.

Other Thing is Bastion of Health. I'm just not really sure it's comparable to Daunting Light when it comes to how useful you are to the group. Divined Astral Shield and seal can keep people topped if they stay inside it already. I guess i could also make a case for Flame strike as a Daily when you do not need more survival, but that's not required i guess.

Also I would like to ask about the feats. 3 points in Cleanse is pretty much an overkill with astral seal and shield ticking and missing on bountiful fortune seems like such a shame. Personally I like to use http://puu.sh/2OG4B.jpg but then again I'm not really sure about the numbers of Linked spirit.

Anyway that's my few cents.
  • Options
    vippianvippian Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    mewbrey wrote: »
    Using Foresight in some encounters as sooth does not seam to make any difference on threat, I end up tanking 90% of the adds during boss encounters and foresight makes a noticeable difference to allies survivability, however it does not effect the cleric using the passive.

So foresight is somewhat good ye? Why not specc 5pts into the feat?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    vippian wrote: »

It wont be my prime when I can use Sooth, but when sooth seams to make no difference. However I figured out how to fix threat now and using Sooth again you can find the link here for threat fix. But even without points foresight is ok just make sure its rank 3.

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?204351-Cleric-threat-fix&p=2768021#post2768021
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    druftiex wrote: »
    If I may ask few questions.

- First of all do you know the actual numbers of the added bonus in linked spirit?
    - I personally cant see sooth being worth more than foresight but i guess it depends on the question above. Even so is 40% less threat from healing going to matter that much anyway? It wont have any effect on all spawning mobs dashing to you anyway and if your tank is not bad, the bigger ones should not matter.

Anyway that's my few cents.

when mobs spawn if using the fix via the link i've given. there is a 8 second period where you do not gain healing threat when new mobs spawn. Sooth allows for GWF and Wizards to pick up adds within that 8 second period.

People in party see a rather large increase in stats when being healed at the moment but cannot be sure on numbers.
  • Options
    druftiexdruftiex Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    That sounds more like a bug than a fix, not getting aggro during 8 seconds :P
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    druftiex wrote: »
    That sounds more like a bug than a fix, not getting aggro during 8 seconds :P

Healing agro is not counted for the first 8 seconds, body pulling and damage does.

Was added during Beta weekend 4 to tackle the issue with every boss fight spawning adds, the only issue it was not obvious due to the broken threat. When you use the fix to solve the agro issue as a work around, you will soon notice it in place again.

Due to alpha NDA(non disclosure agreement) that is still in effect after launch other than saying we were in alpha, I cannot go into more detail than above explaining the healing agro.
  • Options
    joeldgnjoeldgn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 76
    edited May 2013
    Yea, this is a 'full heal' build that will do nothing but draw aggro in the epics. Not sure if you are in tier 2 epics yet but this won't fly there just from looking it over. I imagine you spend a lot of time running from adds.

You 'need' to run 'Break the spirit' it is basically our anti-aggro skill, and divine forgemasters flame is the main 'big heal' we have for emergencies (but it draws mega aggro so I hate using it). Otherwise the divine astral shield should be enough for most anything. Obviously astral seal, brand of the sun is good as well, once you are over 8k gear score it does about 6-8k per DOT. You are doing the faithful cleric (middle feat tree) I assume, I went The Virtuous Cleric (top feat tree) for more defense abilities I also have every feat possible for lowering aggro. Prophecy of doom is handy in some of the dungeons with tons of trash adds to generate action points, but break the spirit is how you stay alive. For dailies now I am using divine armor and hammer of fate (H.O.F. is for helping clear adds, it your 'big hit')

For PVP I use prophetic action and foresight (they help so much in pvp), in PVE I swap out prophetic for sooth, everyone uses potions a lot so you want you to be able to survive.

I have done TONS of epics (two sets of full purples), basically everything except neverwinter castle, and rarely draw aggro using those and usually because someone has some bad luck and dodges into a big hit and dies.

Just some food for thought, and some advice from an epics crawler, mostly because your setup will draw all the aggro from half a mile away.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    joeldgn wrote: »
    Yea, this is a 'full heal' build that will do nothing but draw aggro in the epics. Not sure if you are in tier 2 epics yet but this won't fly there just from looking it over. I imagine you spend a lot of time running from adds.

With agro fix i linked above i have no agro issues, and only tier 2 not being run is the castle never. at most I have a few archer adds on me now and again, GWF tends to deal with them fast enough.

previously before i figured out how to fix the threat issue however I did have to run around a lot :P
  • Options
    joeldgnjoeldgn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 76
    edited May 2013
    With agro fix i linked above i have no agro issues, and only tier 2 not being run is the castle never. at most I have a few archer adds on me now and again, GWF tends to deal with them fast enough.

previously before i figured out how to fix the threat issue however I did have to run around a lot :P

Cool, that is a very strange bug?!?!

Regardless definitely look into 'break the spirit' though, it is super helpful, add comes running at you and hit em with that and they just turn around. Also in PVP with all the DOT'swe get (break the spirit, forgemasters and brand) you just run around DOT'ing everyone and then HOF'ing and you assists and kills everywhere. The PVP gear for us is not bad, though I wish we had more options.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    vippian wrote: »

Removed foresight from list now, as I have gotten in game threat working and sooth is again needed and works.
  • Options
    slashwristtslashwristt Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am currently leveling with your build now and so far i like it. I was just wondering when you get a chance if you are able to post a screenshot of your powers. Thanks
  • Options
    karalius73karalius73 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Many thanks for the excellent guide. For me, as a beginner, really helps. And during the game feeling confident. Once again, THANK YOU!
  • Options
    eternals0ul250eternals0ul250 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Any chance we can get a full preview of your powers instead of just listing them. it requires more points to be put into different powers to move up in the tree.
  • Options
    wormgaswormgas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 57
    edited May 2013
    Any chance we can get a full preview of your powers instead of just listing them. it requires more points to be put into different powers to move up in the tree.

I'm seconding this as it will give us a better picture around the spec.

Pictures are welcome. ;)
    That's a fact!
  • Options
    dixa1dixa1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    edit: that posted strangely

in all of your videos you have the same gwf with you.

now, go do wolf den without that gwf.

you people with your partial and full pre mades dont get the fact that a single well played gwf substantially increases the quality of life for a cleric in the harder dungeons, with or without your "threat fix".

the rest of us who pug - you know, the ones who get 1 gf 3 rogues 1 cleric for epic wolf den - our experiences aren't going to be anywhere near yours and i think you and the others like you need to 100% pug for a few days before making anymore guides.
  • Options
    wormgaswormgas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 57
    edited May 2013
    dixa1 wrote: »
    edit: that posted strangely

in all of your videos you have the same gwf with you.

now, go do wolf den without that gwf.

you people with your partial and full pre mades dont get the fact that a single well played gwf substantially increases the quality of life for a cleric in the harder dungeons, with or without your "threat fix".

the rest of us who pug - you know, the ones who get 1 gf 3 rogues 1 cleric for epic wolf den - our experiences aren't going to be anywhere near yours and i think you and the others like you need to 100% pug for a few days before making anymore guides.

You realize that you cannot fix "the average pug" with a spec, right?

But let's say for the sake of the argument that you could. The question is: why? Unless you plan to attempt T2 and every new tier introduced with complete strangers every time. It's better to build your cleric properly right off the bat rather than adapting to potential situations. Because, what if I find a guild? Would I want to go through the whole respec process, just because?

You should be thankful that there are people around these forums posting their empirical builds instead of badmouthing them for not considering the pug idiots. That's like blaming a tank guide because the pug CW will pull first. If there are legitimate complaints are the ones towards PW who ignored the blatantly obvious threat issues.
    That's a fact!
  • Options
    dixa1dixa1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    wormgas wrote: »
    You realize that you cannot fix "the average pug" with a spec, right?
    But let's say that you could. The question is: why? Unless you plan to attempt T2 and every new tier introduced with complete strangers every time. It's better to build your cleric properly right off the bat rather than adapting to potential situations.

because the build of the cleric is moot at this point, the cleric is the adds tank.

star trek online has dozens of "dungeons" space and ground and outside of the hive all are better suited to a queue system that does not look for specific classes. this game should be making every effort to give you one of each class right now in the harder dungeons or the pug will not survive. it's the nature of pugging and the current generation of self-entitled gamer.

yes this will meanl onger queues, but i prefer longer queue's over 4 rogues and one cleric in lair of the mad dragon epic, which is what the queue just gave me an hour ago. YOU tell ME how you think THAT Fight would have gone with such a makeup regardless of communication.
  • Options
    shk1shk1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just wanted to say, awesome videos and awesome guide. Looking forward to trying it out at high end contents.

Just one thing, can you please post a picture of your powers?

Thanks a lot.

B
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    shk1 wrote: »
    Just wanted to say, awesome videos and awesome guide. Looking forward to trying it out at high end contents.

Just one thing, can you please post a picture of your powers?

Thanks a lot.

B

Heya my powers are a little of a mess right now due to testing things out for bug fixes when I get a chance I will sort out my power set up for what is more appropriate and do my best to post a picture. It may take me a few days (4-5) sorry for the disappointment, but I tend to do a lot of testing at the moment so I can report detailed bug reports. :)
  • Options
    sirxluissirxluis Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    invigorating healing stacks? so if you use your 3 spells does it heal your allies for 7.5%? or only 2.5%?
  • Options
    sirxluissirxluis Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Heya my powers are a little of a mess right now due to testing things out for bug fixes when I get a chance I will sort out my power set up for what is more appropriate and do my best to post a picture. It may take me a few days (4-5) sorry for the disappointment, but I tend to do a lot of testing at the moment so I can report detailed bug reports. :)

you could always use a simulator and post what you consider to be ideal xD
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    sirxluis wrote: »
    invigorating healing stacks? so if you use your 3 spells does it heal your allies for 7.5%? or only 2.5%?

They do stack yes, you can see on the tooltip the little (3) on it when it has 3 stacks. but they trigger interdependently, so it will still be 2.5% every time the individual one finishes it count down of 6 seconds.

So it will look like 500, 500, 500 rather than 1500 on a target with 20000 health.

If bastion of health heals for 3400 and then you heal an extra 500 you are gaining around 14.7% increased healing on that skill, fairly large increase!

If Sun burst heals for 1700 and you then heal an extra 500 you are gaining around 29.4% increased healing and with its short cool down, its a rather large increase!