test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Good looking outfits!

oooo1111oooo1111 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 37
edited June 2015 in The Moonstone Mask (PC)
What good looking outfits have you come across? Please share screenshots of good looking armor or fashion items! Anyone have pics of endgame tier1/2 armor sets yet? Originally I wanted the Jester's outfit, but changed my mind quick after seeing it (ewww). I was very pleased to discover that fashion items can be worn in combat. Below is a screenshot of my wizard wearing a nightmare dye set wedding dress.

I think is looks pretty **** awesome. Kudos to the artist!

2e2h6dk.jpg
Post edited by oooo1111 on

Comments

• Options
    haukfenshirehaukfenshire Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Good morning. I apologize for necroing this thread, but it seemed the best for my question using the search function. For some reason, I am unable to post a new thread.

I started playing Neverwinter when the open beta went live, and I am really enjoying it. I am only level 9 currently. One of the first quests I did rewarded me with a peasent's outfit. My question is, are there other outfits that are attainable? Is there a vendor in game, or are they random drops? I noticed there are three outfits on the Zen market... are they the only other cosmetic outfits? Specifically, I'm looking for a pirate/mariner type outfit.

Additionally, is there a way to preview gear on your character? If not, there should be.

Thanks for any answers you can provide.

~Fen
  • Options
    decubisdecubis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 90
    edited May 2013
    Wauw that is pretty :)
    Greetings Decubis,
    image_160079_thumb_wide300.jpg
    Decubis: Dwarf Guardian Fighter: lvl 60
    Demic: Human Devoted Cleric: lvl 60
    Server: Beholder Guild: The Unnamed
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited May 2013
    . . . . . Very gorgeous gown for a proper Lady, indeed!

. . . . .
    I love that there are black and white dyes. I originally wrote my character description assuming there wouldn't be white and black dyes. To my surprise there was! Now I can truly wear the clothing shades of a true Dweomerkeeper of Mystryl. I have adjusted his biography accordingly.

. . . . . Here's my mage 'Old Zeb'@zebular in his level 20 gear. Unfortunately his tailor-made shirt is bugged and doesn't show any worn graphics. Imagine him having black sleeves covering the bare parts of his arms.
    attachment.php?attachmentid=3821&stc=1

(P.S. Threads are only considered dead when they haven't been replied to for 30 days, so you're safe!)

• Options
    zephrillionzephrillion Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    My question is, are there other outfits that are attainable? Is there a vendor in game, or are they random drops? I noticed there are three outfits on the Zen market... are they the only other cosmetic outfits? Specifically, I'm looking for a pirate/mariner type outfit. Additionally, is there a way to preview gear on your character? If not, there should be.
    There are the three outfits on the Zen market currently, the peasant's outfit you get after you completely the training area and Moonstone regalia from the founders packs(Hero of the North giving the full set, Guardian of Neverwinter only giving the head piece).
    As far as I am aware, these are currently the only fashion outfits in the game at present. I'm sure they will add more, a pirate one seems like an obvious choice.
    As to the previewing, you can see what an fashion outfit looks like in general before you buy it, but I don't think you can for normal armour. And yes, this would be a good feature!
    What you made will be unmade. What you learned will be unlearned. And when I'm done, you will be undone.
  • Options
    stereoblindxstereoblindx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 246 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    If you dye something and replace it, can you change the appearance of the item you replace it with to the original with the dye still intact?
  • Options
    haukfenshirehaukfenshire Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There are the three outfits on the Zen market currently, the peasant's outfit you get after you completely the training area and Moonstone regalia from the founders packs(Hero of the North giving the full set, Guardian of Neverwinter only giving the head piece).
    As far as I am aware, these are currently the only fashion outfits in the game at present. I'm sure they will add more, a pirate one seems like an obvious choice.
    As to the previewing, you can see what an fashion outfit looks like in general before you buy it, but I don't think you can for normal armour. And yes, this would be a good feature!

Thank you so much for the response! I won't stress about trying to find the perfect outfit for my nooblet rogue then. :)

Apologies for hijacking the thread! The OP's outfit is stunning, and Old Zeb, your character looks great! A grizzled wizard. He seems a little grumpy, though...
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited May 2013
    If you dye something and replace it, can you change the appearance of the item you replace it with to the original with the dye still intact?
    . . . . . Nay, the color palette and appearance will swap to whatever you put in that slot. See my shoes in my above pic? Those are tailor made shoes that look nothing like that. I did just what you said, took my new pair of shoes un-dyed and dropped in my old white/black dyed shoes. They took on both the appearance and the dyed colors of the old item.

and Old Zeb, your character looks great! A grizzled wizard. He seems a little grumpy, though...

. . . . . Thank you! He is battle-worn for sure. Check out his biography and that will make clear his grumpy attitude and advanced age.
  • Options
    psireaverpsireaver Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This is the Courtesan's Wear top/bottom with the Ebon Darkness dye pack:

mc.png

And the Moonstone Mask Regalia top/bottom with black dye:

mmr.png
  • Options
    hipolipolopigushipolipolopigus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Now if only we had dyes that we could find in our adventures, like one of the loading screens says... :rolleyes:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Want to know why Neverwinter is so laggy? Check out the "Latency" section in this thread.
  • Options
    tfangeltfangel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm enjoying the pvp robes right now, mostly because of how i dyed them, and the fact that it has a spellbook!

We REALLY need a preview system though, i've probably spent more in the AH just seeing what something looks like. :\

8715165083_f8770f0148_b.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Now if only we had dyes that we could find in our adventures, like one of the loading screens says... :rolleyes:

I found a green one, forget where, but they do drop it seems.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    psireaver wrote: »
    And the Moonstone Mask Regalia top/bottom with black dye:

mmr.png

. . . . . Oh so very nice! I may have to get that suit too! Did you try the opposing color panels, e.g. white where you have black and vice-verse? I'm wondering what it looks like reversed. I know on my armor outfit, the black panels when dyed white appear off-white with a tint of blue instead of being white as I hoped. May have something to do with how white is only available in a pack though.
  • Options
    ddobsddobs Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 43
    edited May 2013
    Wow really nice outfits! Can we get some good looking just from game currency?
  • Options
    elawynelawyn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ddobs wrote: »
    Wow really nice outfits! Can we get some good looking just from game currency?

Dyes occasionally drop or show up in skill checks.

Here's my rogue in level 35 gear. Two layers of coloring (winterwolf white and red)

elrogue2.jpg
  • Options
    psireaverpsireaver Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    zebular wrote: »
    Did you try the opposing color panels, e.g. white where you have black and vice-verse? I'm wondering what it looks like reversed.
    This version has black dye on all three areas [accent, primary, & secondary]. The black dye makes the trim look silver, so I don't know if it's possible to make it black.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Nice, I love the red Elawyn!
    psireaver wrote: »
    This version has black dye on all three areas [accent, primary, & secondary]. The black dye makes the trim look silver, so I don't know if it's possible to make it black.
    Ah, thanks!
  • Options
    saborwsaborw Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    tfangel wrote: »
    I'm enjoying the pvp robes right now, mostly because of how i dyed them, and the fact that it has a spellbook!

We REALLY need a preview system though, i've probably spent more in the AH just seeing what something looks like. :\

8715165083_f8770f0148_b.jpg

Pretty sure that's a Sith Inquisitor. You aren't fooling me!
  • Options
    hipolipolopigushipolipolopigus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    elawyn wrote: »
    Dyes occasionally drop or show up in skill checks.

Here's my rogue in level 35 gear. Two layers of coloring (winterwolf white and red)

elrogue2.jpg

I've never found any, and I open all of the ones that I find with my array of kits D:

Gear looks awesome, good work :3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Want to know why Neverwinter is so laggy? Check out the "Latency" section in this thread.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    saborw wrote: »
    Pretty sure that's a Sith Inquisitor. You aren't fooling me!

LOL! I played one in there, now i can't unsee it! ;)
  • Options
    acidpissacidpiss Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    bit bummed that im lvl 20 and my chara hasnt changed abit.... and the only place i can seem to find something is at the AH, and then i by something and ofc it has the inivisble glitch to it, so i get screwed even more......
  • Options
    elyrielleelyrielle Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There's also the jester suit for bars, though that's pretty expensive to obtain (and I had to do it just to see it - which did not disappoint me, will try to get some pics tonight).
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    elyrielle wrote: »
    There's also the jester suit for bars, though that's pretty expensive to obtain (and I had to do it just to see it - which did not disappoint me, will try to get some pics tonight).

Lol, i did the same thing. ;)

This is mine.

8700550022_3581a3964a_b.jpg
  • Options
    nationalcity1nationalcity1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 58
    edited May 2013
    While the outfits in this thread are nice the main problem is there just isn't enough of them everyone looks exactly the same except for different colors.....

Because at the moment there is like only 3 or 4 different outfits you can actually acquire....

And I for one am not paying 30$ dollars for an outfit I'm gonna wear for a week then get sick of looking at and bank it or whatever........

They really need to expand the outfits and lower the prices which I'm sure they will but I'm just so sick of seeing every other cleric or every other "insert class" looking exactly the same as me....

I still have no idea why they made all the armor look almost the same 1-60...... "minus a few pieces"
  • Options
    malvoumalvou Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Give me something formal to wear that's like a pirate outfit, or something I can color to look like it, and I'll be set. I already got the Formal pirate hat.
  • Options
    nemesis788450nemesis788450 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    yeah preview is really necessary - for things which are not in your inventory...function is allready there with change appearance - just extend that..just buying stuff regarding the name and then see what it looks like gets too expensive at higher levels
  • Options
    l000piecesl000pieces Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just a question where do you find fashion outfits? Tailoring?
  • Options
    demetrius94demetrius94 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    From what I've seen you could have called this thread Outfits with different colors. The customization in this game is a joke. Come on Cryptic, make those fashion outfits and charge 40$ for them.
  • Options
    sallee132sallee132 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2
    edited May 2013
    lvl 40 gear for rogue looks really awesome.Ninja stile
  • Options
    headlessdeadbabyheadlessdeadbaby Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    how does it feel to pay for a cloth online that has the same price as a real one? LOL
  • Options
    mumnochmumnoch Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 51
    edited May 2013
    The outfits in this game are some of the worse I've seen for imagination. They are detailed well enough, there's just not enough variances, and the majority is puritan styled lol. We need a fantasy Iv for this game, it's lacking fantasy in the armor department...stat!