test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Patch Notes NW.1.20130416a.16

Comments

• Options
    neozepneozep Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    divinehope wrote: »
    "Foundry experience has been tweaked for balancing purposes." - how much we talking here?

Well you just have to go and them them to hind out ey.
    But I guess enough so that they can't be used for fast leveling ... bloody cheaters.
  • Options
    perfectself82perfectself82 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    How? Has it been capped on a per mob, per map, or per mission basis? Is it reduced on certain mobs? If so, which mobs? What percentage is it compared to their wild counterparts or what is the absolute value comparison between what it was and what it is?

Players should be able to understand efficiency in XP the same as we understand efficiency in power, defense, critical strike, etc.

This.

We need to have all the information. Being intentionally vague isn't going to stop the min/maxers from figuring out how to game the system again, but it will stop those of us who are legit from making our missions both immersive AND efficient. At least until the min/maxers figure out what exactly you changed and share the info with the rest of us.
  • Options
    archanjo17041985archanjo17041985 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    btw any 1 agrees that loot rules should change? need for your character equipment only.
    i7 3770k @ 4.0//HD 7950 WF3//16 GB ram Corsair @ 1600//Corsair 120 GB SSD x 2//Hyper Evo 212
  • Options
    kilyan82xkilyan82x Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    pyrph0r0s wrote: »
    any chance to adress the issue with the pot stacks? since if theres a drop after a stack it keeps doing a new one and thus getting more pace on our already limited inventory :/

because some are bound to account and some not so it don't recognizr is the same thing. anyway sux
    CPU:PHENOM II X4 965@3.9 GHZ
    MOBO:ASROCK 890GX EXTREME 3
    RAM:8GB 1600 MHZ
    SSD:SAMSUNG 830
    VGA:ASUS 560 TI DCII TOP 900/1800/2100
  • Options
    fuglnfugln Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 82
    edited May 2013
    kilyan82x wrote: »
    because some are bound to account and some not so it don't recognizr is the same thing. anyway sux

I dont get why pots should be bound to account...
    Little Red Cap and the Bad Wolf
    ID: NW-DC42XFJ5B
    Author: @Fugln
    Quest
    Tag: #Combat, #story, #GROUP

NWS-DA213JHNY - The Shadows of the Sword Coast
    NW-DE6UU7ZQA - Chapter One - A Fool's Errand.
    Tag: #Story #Solo #Group #Humor.
  • Options
    okottekonekookottekoneko Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    great to see such regular patches, hopefully you get the server issues sorted lag and rubberbanding is insane in some places.

also fix the rough astral diamonds drop from skirmishes when the chest says 1000 i expect such, i have never gotten the advertised ammount and its quite irritating.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    dezstravus wrote: »
    Maintenance is scheduled for 7:00 a.m. on Tuesday, May 7, 2013.

Patch Notes

Environment and Quests
    • Certain minibosses in several dungeons no longer respawn under specific circumstances.
    • Resolved an issue with Dungeon Chests giving loot of incorrect level under some circumstances
    • Fixed the issue with the final interactive object in No Honor Among Thieves being repeatedly lootable if the player is on a team.

Foundry
    • Players may now report Terms of Service violations when dropping a Foundry quest.
    • Foundry experience has been tweaked for balancing purposes.

Gateway
    • Characters with apostrophes in their name can now be loaded.
    • Improved the Professions layout in IE8.
    • Profession tasks can now always be completed when the timer reaches 0.
    • The very short (10 minute) auction time has been removed.
    • The Nightmare Lockbox image now has a link to additional Nightmare Lockbox info.

Items
    • Certain Profession items, such as the Dragon Egg, now show up correctly in Auction House searches.
    • Items in the reward chest for Dragon Attack now have their proper Enchantment slots.
    • Shard of Elemental Fire is now usable for Control Wizards.
    • The Nightmare Lockbox now properly lists the name of the Heavy Inferno Nightmare mount.

Powers
    • Chaos Magic now properly applies its debuffs only to enemies.

Professions
    • Resolved an bug where item quantity would occasionally calculate inaccurately.

User Interface
    • The Guild Bank now properly grays out the Withdraw / Deposit permission checkbox if the player has permission granting abilities, but not Withdraw / Deposit permission.

Stability and Performance
    • Fixed a client lockup with certain power interactions.
    • Fixes the client lockup when getting hit by multiple Daze powers.
    • Significantly improved performance in the Foundry editor.

where is throne of idris quest fix? actually you can't finish the quest is bugged and leave all the skirmish in queue pls i can't finish any of them cause i level too fast even without foundry
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    so far have to say:
    1)lacking a lfg channel chat, and is frustrating that after a certain level you can't queue in "old dungeons". often i get the daily when the dungeon is not available in the queue anymore and have to spam to find a group.. Pls leave all the dungeons in the queue, actually wolfden with my gear score is not doable-.- like pvp,maybe make that bring all group levels to the same, make that level of players is brought at the level the particcular dungeon requires, all just leave em all in queue! ty.

2) i'm earning all slayers achievements one after other, and no reward just a title. you can make when wearing the title it enhances some stats or give some special skills otherwise has no sense.

3) leveling is too fast i'm already ontrol wizard lv 42 since i started 30 april-

4)suggesting to add gearscore requirements for dungeons, actually my gearscore is not suitable for wolf den for example, I was told need 3000 gearscore, maybe a tooltip on the door/portal of dungeon requirements would be good.

5) again water is awful compared the rest of the graphics of the game,i will spam it all days till not changed it,sorry to bother :p.

6)aggro is to be fixed, some mobs is like they smell from long distance...as control wizard is pretty easy even with 10 mobs but other classes could be a problem.

7)ebon downs and helm have bad lag. also ebon downs has fps problems,huge drops. forgot to say when i get server not respond after 15 sec it disconnects me from game.

8) sometimes i'm out Aoe of mobs and hits me anyway

9)nerfe rogues they are too strong in pvp:P

10)zoom in zoom out? in the config file also you can change fov,why not make it availablein the options,cause i tried it works but a bit unconfortable editing manuallly:P

11)you can't disagree;P
  • Options
    tharkantharkan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Will hair clipping issues be fixed anytime soon? I have medium wavy hair for my female tiefling and the sides clip through her temples (or should I have just gone with the braided look?).
  • Options
    danxbxdanxbx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    micdarau wrote: »
    What about the queque times for joining a Epic dungeon? I w8 3h yesterday in 8300 pool and didnt find a party ( playing a GWF).
    And another thing, if you find a party you dont get a healer and tank. So we cant progress..

Is this a bug or lack of players in the queue?
  • Options
    rpgplayerrpgplayer Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i do wonder when will they let us lvl our companion past rank 15, i do think it is absurd to limit us in such a way.
    Don't be fooled by my avatar, im a guy >_>.
  • Options
    psiwuffpsiwuff Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Looking good to me all in all. Though I'm still hoping for quest fixes in Neverdeath Graveyard. Some of those quests are still a bit dodgy when you are playing in a team, dialogues not advancing until someone leaves party, advances, and rejoins.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    you can but have to pay for a book to upgrade to rank 2,same thing for horses
  • Options
    zephrillionzephrillion Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    rpgplayer wrote: »
    i do wonder when will they let us lvl our companion past rank 15, i do think it is absurd to limit us in such a way.

The max level of a companion depends on it's rarity. White=15, Green=20, Blue=25 and Purple=30
    Later one, tomes will be released allowing you to raise the rarity, and thus the maximum level of your companion. They can already be seen for sale (just no sell price or buy option) at the Grand Emporium.
    What you made will be unmade. What you learned will be unlearned. And when I'm done, you will be undone.
  • Options
    kphogkphog Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dezstravus wrote: »
    Maintenance is scheduled for 7:00 a.m. on Tuesday, May 7, 2013.

Foundry
    • Players may now report Terms of Service violations when dropping a Foundry quest.
    • Foundry experience has been tweaked for balancing purposes.

Why... the questing is crappy and slow there needs to be a decent alternative.
  • Options
    ctowersctowers Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 73
    edited May 2013
    Appreciate the Updates.

Still Waiting for Astral Diamond Donations to be added to Guild Bank, Since that is the only way (currently) to upgrade and add more Bank Storage, not Gold.
  • Options
    spondgebob1spondgebob1 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Nothing about GWF ? :/
  • Options
    fuglnfugln Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 82
    edited May 2013
    And again, do we have a ETA on Foundry Search fix?
    Little Red Cap and the Bad Wolf
    ID: NW-DC42XFJ5B
    Quest
    Tag: #Combat, #story, #GROUP

NWS-DA213JHNY - The Shadows of the Sword Coast
    NW-DE6UU7ZQA - Chapter One - A Fool's Errand.
    Tag: #Story #Solo #Group #Humor.
  • Options
    nagisannagisan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kphog wrote: »
    Why... the questing is crappy and slow there needs to be a decent alternative.

I agree, but I think something does need to be done to get around the exploits currently happening.

I think maps where you have to kill all the enemies are perfectly fine (as long as they are not placed in a way that they cannot move).....the ones that are a problem are the ones I read about where you have to (for example) simply knock enemies off a cliff and kill them in a few seconds and get massive Experience, or just sit there and use AoE after AoE without moving and the enemies can't fight back because they are stuck.

Maybe they need to look at what is causing enemies to become stuck and find a way to fix it instead of nerfing overall experience game in foundry maps?
  • Options
    archanjo17041985archanjo17041985 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    can we get a lock up on need/greed system only for your class? you can't imagine the number of ninjas atm
    i7 3770k @ 4.0//HD 7950 WF3//16 GB ram Corsair @ 1600//Corsair 120 GB SSD x 2//Hyper Evo 212
  • Options
    tellquatellqua Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    These are not the only issue with TR. I am a CW and it is frustrating as hell to watch as a TR slips control power after control power only to come up, stun or daze or what ever the little monster does and I am help less to defend his assault. His defenses are to strong. How is it they can slip every CC and then gank me to death. Soon we will be seeing pre-mades of nothing but TR dominating PvP. I to am not saying they need to be nerfed to nothing BUT they need some re balancing for PvP. Maybe a CC slip for the other classes?? IDK I am not a dev so IDK how to address this issue, but it needs to be looked at and adjusted some.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    So I will still be unable to DISCARD the nightmare ripoff boxes? I will still be forced to have them added to my inventory until i run out of space in both my bank and my bag and be forced to spend 1000 zen on another bag so that it too can be filled up with non discardable ripoff boxes?

Wonderful, ya keep up the good work on the scamming.

BTW, when are you going to fix the mail system? When are you going to fix the Great Weapon fighters and quit listening to the people claiming it is not broke at 60 who apparently have no clue what they are talking about or never rolled a rogue? When are you going to lower the ZEN store prices so that they are on par with other games like STO?

Please tell us..

What You can't drop them in the mail system to your self then delete the mail with out getting the boxes out??? That is how I get rid of them...
  • Options
    penonationpenonation Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm curious if there are any plans to address the various issues with loot.

As previously mentioned, are there any plans to change the need/greed system so you can only roll NEED on an item you can use? This isn't a new approach, as other games have this feature already.

Can PVP rewards be changed to be class-specific? I'm not sure who thought it would be a good idea to reward a Trickster Rogue boots that only a Control Wizard can use. I've gotten about 8 rewards for my PVP actions, and only one of the items was actually for my class. Again, this seems like a silly oversight that should be easily fixed.

Overall, I'm happier with the game that I thought I'd be, but there are still some simple (in my opinion) mistakes that should be addressed.
  • Options
    ravenrain88ravenrain88 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lovely work
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    kilyan82x wrote: »
    where is throne of idris quest fix? actually you can't finish the quest is bugged and leave all the skirmish in queue pls i can't finish any of them cause i level too fast even without foundry
    Oh please, once you open a dungeon or skirmish it should remain open. there are several dungeons I could not get into due to this issue...
  • Options
    markfalconemarkfalcone Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 4
    edited May 2013
    My wife's wondering when the skirts and cloaks will stop flying all over the place, including through characters and up over heads.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    My wife's wondering when the skirts and cloaks will stop flying all over the place, including through characters and up over heads.
    y its called physics, the "flying" cloaks are well made, though hair clips through the gear not good.
  • Options
    solyad1solyad1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 127 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    papuspl1 wrote: »
    What I'd like to see is fixed Auction House filter. Right now it doesn't show items when I set (i.e) "usable by me", but when I search for the one I'm interested in I can see it and use it.

Fixed the damned AH, including the filters that don't work. Very annoying and should have been properly tested before launch.
  • Options
    bedwyerbedwyer Member Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Stability and Performance
    • Fixed a client lockup with certain power interactions.
    • Fixes the client lockup when getting hit by multiple Daze powers.
    • Significantly improved performance in the Foundry editor.
    [/QUOTE]

TYVM...so this will help us in pvp correct?
    Silverhand
  • Options
    bedwyerbedwyer Member Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    tellqua wrote: »
    These are not the only issue with TR. I am a CW and it is frustrating as hell to watch as a TR slips control power after control power only to come up, stun or daze or what ever the little monster does and I am help less to defend his assault. His defenses are to strong. How is it they can slip every CC and then gank me to death. Soon we will be seeing pre-mades of nothing but TR dominating PvP. I to am not saying they need to be nerfed to nothing BUT they need some re balancing for PvP. Maybe a CC slip for the other classes?? IDK I am not a dev so IDK how to address this issue, but it needs to be looked at and adjusted some.

I 100% agree, the TR is way too loose in game, pvp is just a nightmare against them...please do something, it's very frustrating to get killed 12 times in pvp with my CW, especially when i freeze or entangle the tricky little buggers and they pop up behind me doing massive damage...just a little balance please.
    Silverhand
This discussion has been closed.