test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Zen not showing in Wallet

cyrclecyrcle Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited February 2014 in Bug Reports (PC)
Before you all say "You need to transfer it to Neverwinter first," please read.

I purchased some Zen about an hour and a half ago with a credit card. I received a confirmation email saying I successfully made a payment to Perfect World (which doesn't include a confirmation number, by the way), blahblahblah. Anyways, I go to transfer my balance to Neverwinter. I have no Zen. I then head over to my Transaction History to see if it is in "Pending" status. Nope. No record of the transaction listed there. I have a confirmation email though, so I wait around 45 minutes. Still nothing there. Okay, this should be close to instant, right? I call up my credit card company, the transaction was accepted and they have indeed taken the money out. Now, going on an hour and a half, I still haven't received my Zen and there's nothing in my Transaction History stating I made a payment other than a plain text confirmation email that doesn't even have a confirmation number. So now I'm curious, is there anyone else that is having or has had this issue at all? This has become more of a hassle than it should be so, I will be sticking with the game cards from now on. I've learned my lesson.
Post edited by cyrcle on

Comments

• firebatt123firebatt123 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm having the exact same problem. Been waiting over 6 hours for my zen to show up on the website so i can transfer it to my neverwinter character and nothing yet.
  • martinfort90martinfort90 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same issue, Paypal , and Google checkout didn't work. $85 in limbo... say hello to my dispute crews...
    azb1Xyl.jpg
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited May 2013
    . . . . . Folks with "pending" issues, you will need to contact Support. The reason Support hasn't replied here is because, as we have stated many times, we cannot offer Billing Support on the forums. It has to be handled through the Support System or by Email at customerservice@perfectworld.com.

. . . . . For those unable to access the Support Site (link uptop every page in this site): Email customerservice@perfectworld.com with the subject like of "Support Redirect Loop Error" as the subject line and let them know of your issues loading the Support site.

. . . . . Just know, disputing or charging back a transaction that is pending or has processed can be seen as fraudulent by several parties involved in such transactions. Doing this can, and often does, make matters even worse in such cases. Patience and proper channels are the way to go.
  • martinfort90martinfort90 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have submitted tickets, I have submitted Inquiries, I have submitted Business disputes, all unaswered.

We usually come here to vent on such things after we take the precautions in hope someone will speak up and say "yea something isn't working" because that rarely happens in the support forum.
    azb1Xyl.jpg
  • mistral94mistral94 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 115 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Go through PW support, Cryptic can't help you with Zen that hasn't been transferred to Neverwinter.
    edited May 2013
    So they banned me for complaining about the payment process.
    azb1Xyl.jpg
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited May 2013
    So they banned me for complaining about the payment process.
    If you were banned, you wouldn't be able to post here. ;)

That's not to say that there isn't an investigation happening as to why you charged back (is that what you meant by Business Dispute?) a processing payment though. That is something only Support would be able to devise.
    edited May 2013
    the disputes are formal inquiries by my payment gateways, My bank, The third party payment center, etc. I did not issue a Chargeback of any kind. I opened up channels via my gateways to communicate with the billing department as well as submit my tickets before I made this decision. My gaming accounts are indeed banned

and the disputes are closed now because I do not wish to be banned for them misinterpreting a business action.
    azb1Xyl.jpg
    edited May 2013
    the disputes are formal inquiries by my payment gateways, My bank, The third party payment center, etc. I did not issue a Chargeback of any kind. I opened up channels via my gateways to communicate with the billing department as well as submit my tickets before I made this decision. My gaming accounts are indeed banned

and the disputes are closed now because I do not wish to be banned for them misinterpreting a business action.
    . . . . Contact support (keep updating and replying to them) and explain everything very clearly and civilly, like you've done here. Are you posting on a different account than the one banned? This is odd because a ban should span all of PWE Games and Forums. However, I must warn you, evading a ban is another bannable offense. I don't feel you're being malicious so I won't report this as ban evasion at this time until the Zen issues are resolved and we see where things stand.

. . . . You might also want to confirm with your bank on whether they did their own chargeback due to your complaint. For you see, any money you put in a bank (some banks), becomes the bank's assets and they can do with it as they please. They can do their own chargebacks if they think something is amiss, regardless if you requested it or not, for until you withdraw it or use it, it is legally their money too.
    edited May 2013
    zebular wrote: »
    . . . . Contact support (keep updating and replying to them) and explain everything very clearly and civilly, like you've done here.

I have been doing this, and will continue to.

Are you posting on a different account than the one banned? This is odd because a ban should span all of PWE Games and Forums. However, I must warn you, evading a ban is another bannable offense.

This IS the banned account (why would I buy 8800 Zen on a founders account, only to lose it and buy another guardian pack (see forum group)

. . . . You might also want to confirm with your bank on whether they did their own chargeback due to your complaint.
    I have confirmed this, No chargeback was taken. Only the investigation as to why my product is missing, All complaints and/or disputes have been closed and marked as solved.
    azb1Xyl.jpg
    edited May 2013
    . . . . . Very odd indeed then! Indeed. I am at a loss to explain that. All I can say is what I have said, to keep communicating with Support. If you don't like what they say or they get it wrong, update the ticket but remain civil, as you have with me -- and I thank you for that!
  • lollielollie Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    cyrcle wrote: »

I purchased some Zen about an hour and a half ago with a credit card. I received a confirmation email saying I successfully made a payment to Perfect World (which doesn't include a confirmation number, by the way), blahblahblah. Anyways, I go to transfer my balance to Neverwinter. I have no Zen. I then head over to my Transaction History to see if it is in "Pending" status. Nope. No record of the transaction listed there. I have a confirmation email though, so I wait around 45 minutes. Still nothing there. Okay, this should be close to instant, right? I call up my credit card company, the transaction was accepted and they have indeed taken the money out. Now, going on an hour and a half, I still haven't received my Zen and there's nothing in my Transaction History stating I made a payment other than a plain text confirmation email that doesn't even have a confirmation number. So now I'm curious, is there anyone else that is having or has had this issue at all? This has become more of a hassle than it should be so, I will be sticking with the game cards from now on. I've learned my lesson.

Had the same problem as you - just got an email saying thanks for your purchase, and it's now showing in my account/history.

Kind of scared to try transfer zen to server now, with maintenance on and it having gone so wrong before.
  • cyrclecyrcle Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    . . . . . Folks with "pending" issues, you will need to contact Support. The reason Support hasn't replied here is because, as we have stated many times, we cannot offer Billing Support on the forums. It has to be handled through the Support System or by Email at customerservice@perfectworld.com.

. . . . . For those unable to access the Support Site (link uptop every page in this site): Email customerservice@perfectworld.com with the subject like of "Support Redirect Loop Error" as the subject line and let them know of your issues loading the Support site.

. . . . . Just know, disputing or charging back a transaction that is pending or has processed can be seen as fraudulent by several parties involved in such transactions. Doing this can, and often does, make matters even worse in such cases. Patience and proper channels are the way to go.
    I understand you can't do anything about it. The point of the thread was to find out if anyone was having similar issues. Not to mention, it was not a "pending" issue. The transaction was not showing at all in the Transaction History section - as if it never occurred. However, I did receive my Zen. It took around 4 hours. In which case, I could have went and purchased game cards and gotten it a lot quicker.
  • excoundrelexcoundrel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've got the same thing - I keep updating the ticket in a calm manner! It's been over 8 hours for me now
  • dreadsmash1dreadsmash1 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    same thing here..purchased 13 hours ago...copy/pasted email confirmation to them....have heard nothing so far. Doesn't even show up as a transaction. Money has been taken from account, but nothing whatsoever in the form of pending, completed, anything :(
    edited May 2013
    same thing here..purchased 13 hours ago...copy/pasted email confirmation to them....have heard nothing so far. Doesn't even show up as a transaction. Money has been taken from account, but nothing whatsoever in the form of pending, completed, anything :(

I can't imagine this is a scam or anything, it would sink the game and I doubt cryptic would be happy! I think there must just be a technical problem - remember it's like 8am for them over there... might need to wait til like 9!
  • jackcutlassjackcutlass Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've been waiting over 12 hours now for my zen to be added to my wallet. Skillrex did the charge, sent me a confirmation email, and the charge is showing up on my bank account. I'm seeing nothing on PW's end. No pending transaction. No Zen. No Emails.

I sent a ticket in to support as advised back when I saw the first closed thread on this and still have yet to hear a reply.

Is there a physical number I can call for support? There is one I can do to cancel my charge but I'd hate to go that route. However it is a substantial amount of money I spent here.
    edited May 2013
    I've been waiting over 12 hours now for my zen to be added to my wallet. Skillrex did the charge, sent me a confirmation email, and the charge is showing up on my bank account. I'm seeing nothing on PW's end. No pending transaction. No Zen. No Emails.

I sent a ticket in to support as advised back when I saw the first closed thread on this and still have yet to hear a reply.

Is there a physical number I can call for support? There is one I can do to cancel my charge but I'd hate to go that route. However it is a substantial amount of money I spent here.

Personally I'd wait it out for now - disputing a payment results in a temporary ban which doesn't help you - I haven't found the physical number yet but I'd wait it out for now!
    edited May 2013
    Update: While I couldn't find a physical number for Perfect World. I was able to find one for Skrill. (who is their payment service in the US at least) So I called them up, and got through relatively quickly. Very helpful, and resent in a confirmation to Perfect World about the purchase being approved.

However I still have yet to see anything relating to the transaction on PW's end. This leads me to think that perhaps there's a problem with the system on PW's side about accepting transactions. So back into wait mode for now. I'd be extremely cautious about attempting new charges to them until it gets cleared up. I'll update once it gets fixed.
    edited May 2013
    Update: While I couldn't find a physical number for Perfect World. I was able to find one for Skrill. (who is their payment service in the US at least) So I called them up, and got through relatively quickly. Very helpful, and resent in a confirmation to Perfect World about the purchase being approved.

However I still have yet to see anything relating to the transaction on PW's end. This leads me to think that perhaps there's a problem with the system on PW's side about accepting transactions. So back into wait mode for now. I'd be extremely cautious about attempting new charges to them until it gets cleared up. I'll update once it gets fixed.

Keep me updated
    edited May 2013
    Well I'm still banned... No response from PWE yet
    azb1Xyl.jpg
    edited May 2013
    From what I've seen from other threads they are just randomly addressing zen problems with no real logic to their process... so could be fixed at any time!
    edited May 2013
    excoundrel wrote: »
    From what I've seen from other threads they are just randomly addressing zen problems with no real logic to their process... so could be fixed at any time!

You make it sound like the Lockbox of customer service. :p
    edited May 2013
    You make it sound like the Lockbox of customer service. :p

That's a fairly fitting analogy!
    edited May 2013
    Eventually heard from support. They acknowledged that there was an issue with pending transactions processing during a certain timeframe yesterday. But did not actually restore my zen yet. Sigh.

And just passed the 24 hour mark from time of purchase. Moneybookers continues to impress me though. They not only sent me a followup email to my call about the charge, but later sent a second email telling me they're contacting PW from their end to inquire about the purchase as well.

Zen really needs to be an impulse purchase sort of thing. Which means they need to get it to you quickly or you start to think you should spend your money more sensibly.
  • burnthebanks187burnthebanks187 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ^ what he said. i'm still waiting unfortunately.
  • ladonna2013ladonna2013 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 52
    edited May 2013
    cyrcle wrote: »

just passed the 24 hour mark for me. *sigh* all confirmed with bank and moneybooker (skrill) that everything was approved and money removed from my account. no sign of anything from perfect world. as i mentioned in another thread, i spent 4 hours trying to reach perfect world on the phone. cound not even get anyone to answer.

i did receive a generic form letter from them in the ticket and then an email saying they considered my case "resolved" and would be closing it even though i am still out $200 and/or 21,200 ZEN. i forwarded them the email confirmations that the purchases went thru but who knows where it will go from here.

i really want to support this game and i find this disheartening to say the least. and i do question how they can close my ticket and "resolve" the issue without refunding my $200 or crediting me the missing zen.
  • dracuasdracuas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same issue just received an email saying everything was resolved, yet no zen money taken out of my account, quite confused cause seems like just a mass email, no respect of any regards. They took my money quite fast but helping me quite slow. May 6th 12 am it is now May 8th 12 am and still no zen yet it shows as transfer to neverwinter which is very odd.....would like some info on this beyond the standard email support over and over again with a automated response back saying I am blind it must be fixed and i am just not seeing it.....
    edited May 2013
    I just keep updating the ticket in a calm manner - hopefully they will get round to fixing it
  • bloodytimpbloodytimp Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    over 36 hours for me with the same problem. ticket put in but no reply of any kind. a mass email from their billing saying sorry but we are having technical issues with it but are working on it would go a long way to calming ppl as well. im on the brink of cancelling the payment thru my bank. sorry but if they have had my money for over 36 hours yet i receive nothiing in response is considered delinquency on their end. i do not allow ppl to steal my money why should it be any different here.
    its the lack of response which is the most galling to me