test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Patch Notes NW.1.20130416a.16

Comments

• alantir1alantir1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Improve loot system!
  • litheroslitheros Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Keep up the good work!
    "To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield"
  • sneakyxsnowsneakyxsnow Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've seen this 30k+ you speak of especially with lvl 60's but being a rouge i know crit+armor pen is everything.stacking those will melt nearly anyone's HP away,but i have seen streamers crit for 25k+ not even having purp gear but all greens.and also there are feats for the rouge that ignore alot of armor+Bonus dmg so yea rouges are kinda pvp stompers atm.Thems Deeps bro.
  • demigothdemigoth Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Very nice list of fixes in general. Keep up the good work!
    dezstravus wrote: »
    Stability and Performance
    • Fixed a client lockup with certain power interactions.
    • Fixes the client lockup when getting hit by multiple Daze powers.
    • Significantly improved performance in the Foundry editor.
    Yeah, I found this one. Sneaked in with the .15 patch right? Also has something to do with overclocking of hardware. I lowered the amount of overclocking on my system and everything works fine again...

Oh yeah, a request as well...
    When looking at the guild news tab, the events shown are listed ascending. Can they be listed descending by default?
    Demigoth's RPG adventures ~ My blog
    PANIC! ~ guild forums
    I am Blog ~ Free blogging service

ASUS M4N72-E
    AMD Phenom II 1090T ~3.5Ghz
    8Gb DDR2 800Mhz
    EVGA GTX460 SC(768Mb) SLI ~850Mhz/2000Mhz (core/memory)
    Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Champion
  • h2orattyh2oratty Member, NW_CrypticDev, Neverwinter Beta Users, Cryptic Developers, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Fixes the client lockup when getting hit by multiple Daze powers.

This is the smoke bomb fix.
  • ultraditionultradition Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This is specifically related to unique scenarios where it was possible to gain more experience than intended. Shouldn't affect normal Foundry missions.

How? Has it been capped on a per mob, per map, or per mission basis? Is it reduced on certain mobs? If so, which mobs? What percentage is it compared to their wild counterparts or what is the absolute value comparison between what it was and what it is?

Players should be able to understand efficiency in XP the same as we understand efficiency in power, defense, critical strike, etc.
    11.jpg
  • tfangeltfangel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    micdarau wrote: »
    What about the queque times for joining a Epic dungeon? I w8 3h yesterday in 8300 pool and didnt find a party ( playing a GWF).
    And another thing, if you find a party you dont get a healer and tank. So we cant progress..

I think a nice fix would be if you could queue for more than 3, any random one, or any of a tier. As it stands now, the quickest is if i toss cloak tower in there, i can get a quick queue, otherwise it's hours. :P
  • tfangeltfangel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    demigoth wrote: »
    Yeah, I found this one. Sneaked in with the .15 patch right? Also has something to do with overclocking of hardware. I lowered the amount of overclocking on my system and everything works fine again...

My system isn't overclocked at all, happened to me too many times to count. :P
  • craftchest72craftchest72 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thanks for the awesomeness!
  • painmanagementpainmanagement Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Can we get a zoom camera out when not in picture mode?
  • bush1njibush1nji Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    please add the time zone for future maintenances.
  • natejam101natejam101 Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So I will still be unable to DISCARD the nightmare ripoff boxes? I will still be forced to have them added to my inventory until i run out of space in both my bank and my bag and be forced to spend 1000 zen on another bag so that it too can be filled up with non discardable ripoff boxes?

Wonderful, ya keep up the good work on the scamming.

BTW, when are you going to fix the mail system? When are you going to fix the Great Weapon fighters and quit listening to the people claiming it is not broke at 60 who apparently have no clue what they are talking about or never rolled a rogue? When are you going to lower the ZEN store prices so that they are on par with other games like STO?

Please tell us..
    ASUS P8Z68 V-Pro Gen3 mobo, Intel i7 2600k, 32gb DDR3 G-Skill Ripjaws, 500gb SSD, 2TB HDD, Geforce GTX 690 x2 Sli, 1200 watt Thermaltake modular PS, Thermaltake gaming tower.
  • imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    lozadeeks wrote: »
    Any news on crash fixes?

They are listed in the patch notes. The daze effects is how the crashes in PvP were caused, if you mean those. (I haven't experienced crashes anywhere else.)

Concerning the patch notes:

Without knowing the details of the foundry XP tweaks it's a bit early to comment on this much, but it would be a shame if they were severe. I like the idea of leveling an alt by doing player-created content as an alternative to doing it through questing (I did all zones on my main character) or PvP. I understand that the Foundry farming has been out of control (I have never participated in those), but please don't throw out the baby with the water. (Possible solutions could include that a player can only get XP from a specific Foundry quest once per day.)
    Unsure about skills and feats? Check the Master List of Class Builds!
  • ixothixoth Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    natejam101 wrote: »
    So I will still be unable to DISCARD the nightmare ripoff boxes? I will still be forced to have them added to my inventory until i run out of space in both my bank and my bag and be forced to spend 1000 zen on another bag so that it too can be filled up with non discardable ripoff boxes?

BTW, when are you going to fix the mail system? When are you going to fix the Great Weapon fighters and quit listening to the people claiming it is not broke at 60 who apparently have no clue what they are talking about or never rolled a rogue? When are you going to lower the ZEN store prices so that they are on par with other games like STO?

Please tell us..

Lol at your comment about nightmare boxes. I have played quite many hours with my chars and in total I have maybe 20+ boxes on all of my alts. Not like they'd drop very often from mobs. There are more important issues to fix tbfh. Like other posters have mentioned the queue'ing to dungeons, the auction house filtering etc.
  • papuspl1papuspl1 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What I'd like to see is fixed Auction House filter. Right now it doesn't show items when I set (i.e) "usable by me", but when I search for the one I'm interested in I can see it and use it.
  • tilviustilvius Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 82
    edited May 2013
    Any updates on the lag and rubberbanding data we have been providing? =)
  • tibberton1tibberton1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 83
    edited May 2013
    Patch Notes

When are we going to see training tomes? My rank 15 cleric is sad.
    A Guardian Fighter Blog:

guardianfighter.com
  • truelokastertruelokaster Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Please tell us..

So much hate on this one...
  • rhorgerhorge Member Posts: 24
    edited May 2013

Please tell us..

The butthurt is strong with this one.
  • daemonstheredaemonsthere Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 111 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    • Shard of Elemental Fire is now usable for Control Wizards.

No it is not, still the same, after equipping still my wizard can't cast anything and get the info "You must equip a weapon"
  • raistlin336raistlin336 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The dungeon match making would be something that I would like to see addressed next since it is hampering. Also the pvp afk players as well.
  • minidemonicminidemonic Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ixoth wrote: »
    Lol at your comment about nightmare boxes. I have played quite many hours with my chars and in total I have maybe 20+ boxes on all of my alts. Not like they'd drop very often from mobs. There are more important issues to fix tbfh. Like other posters have mentioned the queue'ing to dungeons, the auction house filtering etc.

He probably farmed one of those exploit maps, killing hundreds of solo encounters every 10 minutes will give you many lockboxes I believe.
  • dclokidcloki Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just my personal opinion on some game issues:

PVP related:
    -dmg output too high (some dailies can one shot ppl even when they wear complete pvp set)
    -stackable effects (endless stun chains and it feels all kind of buff effects stack with each other)

general:
    ppl complaining about grinding at foundry.. don't understand the problem here. a mmo is mostly rated by his endcontent otherwise i can play a single player game and the actually available content seems to be solved very fast when queue times wouldn't be hours :P
    when ppl like to grind who cares? it's not really the funniest way to play so who really cares!? for me i like to have a faster way for twinks to lvl.

btw don't remember the name atm we called it molten core level (56 around) that area seems rly confusing. path broken, some mobs broken and feels like much harder compared to all other. should be lvl 59 area to fit.

respec cost zen everytime? rly? to test all 3 ways u offer at feasts cost me 1800 zen, that's a joke. btw. i paid it but i won't do it again on other classes. think about buying it one time and use it as often u like? btw you should be able to respec one time for free.

pve:
    i really like that you need farm one tier after another. pls keep that up and don't make item progress skip able in future, but the queue seems to be broken. example healer left the group... dmg dealer joins... makes no sense xD

in general it feels like the dmg output between the classes is far away from as it should be. a green lvl 56 tr makes same when not even more dmg than all/most classes with gear score above 8000 oO wth :X

when you die close before you reach the next campfire in a dungeon you have to run the whole way even when the rest of the group got to the new waypoint. let me call it "a new experience" i had on the 5 min walk :P
    edited May 2013
    He probably farmed one of those exploit maps, killing hundreds of solo encounters every 10 minutes will give you many lockboxes I believe.

Most likely yeah... well that should give good indication to the GMs to ban him, as one can be quite sure not legimate player will not have ton of such chests in one's inventory..
    edited May 2013
    dcloki wrote: »
    Just my personal opinion on some game issues:

PVP related:
    -dmg output too high (some dailies can one shot ppl even when they wear complete pvp set)
    -stackable effects (endless stun chains and it feels all kind of buff effects stack with each other)

general:
    ppl complaining about grinding at foundry.. don't understand the problem here. a mmo is mostly rated by his endcontent otherwise i can play a single player game and the actually available content seems to be solved very fast when queue times wouldn't be hours :P
    when ppl like to grind who cares? it's not really the funniest way to play so who really cares!? for me i like to have a faster way for twinks to lvl.

btw don't remember the name atm we called it molten core level (56 around) that area seems rly confusing. path broken, some mobs broken and feels like much harder compared to all other. should be lvl 59 area to fit.

respec cost zen everytime? rly? to test all 3 ways u offer at feasts cost me 1800 zen, that's a joke. btw. i paid it but i won't do it again on other classes. think about buying it one time and use it as often u like? btw you should be able to respec one time for free.

pve:
    i really like that you need farm one tier after another. pls keep that up and don't make item progress skip able in future, but the queue seems to be broken. example healer left the group... dmg dealer joins... makes no sense xD

in general it feels like the dmg output between the classes is far away from as it should be. a green lvl 56 tr makes same when not even more dmg than all/most classes with gear score above 8000 oO wth :X

when you die close before you reach the next campfire in a dungeon you have to run the whole way even when the rest of the group got to the new waypoint. let me call it "a new experience" i had on the 5 min walk :P

I have to agree more or less. Used to do in camelot power leveling in modernagrav, and some similar powerleveling in eq2 - there are always ways in games to get the levels faster.

Farm foundry maps where mobs are free to attack without trapping em are Ok in my book, maps where mobs are trapped to pits, boxes etc not allowing em to attack / reach the attacker are NOT ok in my book.
  • fuglnfugln Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 82
    edited May 2013
    Nice patch! -But what about foundry search, is that still broken?
    Little Red Cap and the Bad Wolf
    ID: NW-DC42XFJ5B
    Author: @Fugln
    Quest
    Tag: #Combat, #story, #GROUP

NWS-DA213JHNY - The Shadows of the Sword Coast
    NW-DE6UU7ZQA - Chapter One - A Fool's Errand.
    Author: @Fugln
    Tag: #Story #Solo #Group #Humor.
  • imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    No it is not, still the same, after equipping still my wizard can't cast anything and get the info "You must equip a weapon"

These are the patch notes for the update later in the day. The changes go only into the game in a few hours.
    Unsure about skills and feats? Check the Master List of Class Builds!
  • archanjo17041985archanjo17041985 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    "Fixes the client lockup when getting hit by multiple Daze powers."

oh praise the lord :D
    thank you
    i7 3770k @ 4.0//HD 7950 WF3//16 GB ram Corsair @ 1600//Corsair 120 GB SSD x 2//Hyper Evo 212
  • muppinationmuppination Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Dueling please!!!!
  • kent10skent10s Member Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I wish they would fix the level ranges in the AH. they dont work right? u pick lvl 30 - 35 and u get lvl 10 stuff. ? wtf?
    "Drive it like u stole it"
This discussion has been closed.