test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

HELP! Blacklake Terror skirmish, how to?

Comments

• pinchyskriipinchyskrii Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Bad game design.
  • redeclipzeredeclipze Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm sure they'll address this in some way.
    BiS DC Seyfried - PvP / CN farm (Dragon Server) 1st Degree Burns

twitch.tv/redeclipze
  • theodatetheodate Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    xd1 wrote: »
    I would also like to voice my concern and displeasure for not being able to go back and queue up for lower level content that I missed due to out leveling.

I should definitely have the option of doing it solo.

I for one agree.. especially since I missed all the skirmishes and dungeons.. due to I cant stay connected long enough, get disconnected like many others do, every 10 mins... so I have to pass on groups. so I miss out on all the good stuff... if they made it so I could solo them, then I could do it in between disconnects.... bah.... I swear they lack common sense
  • chrisothicchrisothic Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This doesn't make sense to me.. My character is lvl 15. I did the orc assault skirmish without problems. Now I am supposed to do the Blacklake terror skirmish. I cannot find a way to queue for Blacklake terror, but I can still queue for orc assault. If I'm too high level why can I still get in to the previous skirmish?
  • vestige321vestige321 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 149 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I wonder if they plan to fix this
  • genocide2099genocide2099 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I want to be able to do this quest even if I'm already level 20+. This is really bugging me.
  • lottiemclottiemc Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    chrisothic wrote: »
    This doesn't make sense to me.. My character is lvl 15. I did the orc assault skirmish without problems. Now I am supposed to do the Blacklake terror skirmish. I cannot find a way to queue for Blacklake terror, but I can still queue for orc assault. If I'm too high level why can I still get in to the previous skirmish?

You're operating under a misconception. The Blacklake terror skirmish is before the Orc skirmish NOT after it. Therefore, you're at the correct level for the orc skirmish but you have out-leveled the Blacklake Terror skirmish.

I do agree that closing off the content is a bit shortsighted, however.

Lottie
  • vestige321vestige321 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 149 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Yeah, I'm hoping they fix it as I'm a completionist and would love to finish all content
  • chrisothicchrisothic Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I see. That did confuse me because the Blacklake Terror quest popped up immediately after I had completed orc assault. I must have not accepted it until afterwards without knowing.. Oh well, no big deal.
  • diadochidiadochi Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Bump. Myself and my wife have the same problem.
  • drdracnondrdracnon Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am having the same problem, I wish I'd known this at the time.

Also as I have really enjoyed doing foundry quests I am wondering just how much core game content I may have been locked out of due to out leveling. I wish there was a way to stop getting exp or at least slow it down a bit, I've been leveling at a rate of about 1 level per hour while playing.
  • odbjodbj Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I wasn't able to do this skirmish because queues were borked on launch day.

I can't do it til 60 then?
  • nasuradinnasuradin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    odbj wrote: »
    I wasn't able to do this skirmish because queues were borked on launch day.

I can't do it til 60 then?

Skirmishes do not have an epic mode like dungeons, once you miss them, you miss them. There is only 1 skirmish at 60, and thats the level 60 one. :(
  • kiteareskiteares Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just to add to the growing frustration at this. With my telepathy turned off, I went to the tower and dealt with the orcs before going to black lake and you guessed it...I'm locked out also.
    Hopefully cryptic will sort this.
  • rhea2013rhea2013 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just wanted to say Thank you to everyone :).

I spent about 2 hours wondering why I couldn't play in the Blacklake Terror skirmish before deciding to check the forums, and to my surprise if we get locked out after a certain level then I'm too high level to even play it now.
    Its disappointed since I really wanted that title, Hopefully they fix things like this so that everyone could enjoy the game fully.
    Just wanted to say thanks.
  • babizokahbabizokah Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, i was waiting for the skirmish event and outleved the one i needed by one lvl, and i didn't do it before... now i'm missing the achievements for it. Very frustrating... i really, really hope they at least allow us to do missed content at some point.
  • edge1986edge1986 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 647 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    kill4kayt wrote: »
    So i have the quest "Lurking in Blacklake (Party)" It says I have to Complete the Blacklake Terror skirmish which I don't know how to do. I open up my Queue window, but the only thing there is the Orc Attack Skirmish not the Blacklake one...

I NEED THIS DONE TO GET TITLE! How do I do the Blacklake one?

You over-leveled it

/thread
  • zamkinzamkin Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am only lvl 10 and can not seem to get it going. It shows up but have had it waiting for over an hour and its not starting....
  • jcrudgejcrudge Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm finding this somewhat frustrating as well. The weird thing is the queue system in STO is somewhat similar yet lets you queue for any previous content.

why they couldn't implement that in Neverwinter I have no idea. You'd just need to auto exemplar people to the max level of the dungeon/skirmish they're running if over the max level.
  • khynneakhynnea Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    So I got the quest to do this skirmish, I queued right away because the friend who got me to play the game said 'you should try a skirmish out when you can, they are fun.'

I ended up doing a pvp quest that I got and out leveled the skirmish while I was queued. And then I couldn't do it.

This is absolutely backwards game design.

As a new player who is investing in a game, after playing OTHER MMO's and coming here after swearing them off, you successfully in one misdesigned act (intentional or otherwise) make me regret any investment I've made in time or money.

I -am- a completionist. I am not starting my character over. I have too much invested. And I'm not buying things over. So, now what? You fix this or I spend no more money. Pretty simple. And I won't be the only player like me you'll lose. How utterly... ridiculous of you to expect that a new player in a new game will figure this out without cues that expressly say "please wait the hour for your queue opportunity for this skirmish or lose it forever--even if it means going afk while you wait."

Less xp, fewer rewards, all of these are to be expected, but don't expect every player to be familiar with your particular company's game design peculiarities. Right about now I'd get all my money back if I could.
  • captamericajdcaptamericajd Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I am just another player with the same problem.

I hope they figure out a fix for this , such as a mentor system. I too feel the urge to complete everything, and when I tried to do this quest in Beta it was not working. The rumor of the day was that it had been taken down because people were stuck inside. It is disappointing that a bug may have cost me a title, since I decided to continue to play that day and out-leveled the content.

I cannot say they wont get any more money because of a bug because all games have bugs, and this one is not game-breaking just disappointing.

/devprayfix
  • cdnskiercdnskier Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    This is unfortunately very frustrating. This skirmish and the orc skirmish are the only 2 things I've missed and I'm level 24 as I post this. Some sort of work around so we can experience the content and get the achievements would be greatly welcomed!
  • terryclothterrycloth Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Workaround: Delete your character and reroll. This is only really reasonable for Blacklake, though.
  • avengergrimavengergrim Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    They should really think again about this design choice because this is a really "anti-MMO" idea to limit content in level brackets...
  • saryah12saryah12 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I too got caught up in the fun main story quest-lines and Foundry, and here I am at level 60 having missed out on most skirmish brackets. It's good I can go back and do dungeons, but I'm not re-rolling my toon to get this Blacklake achievement. o0 <-completionist here, this is going to drive me crazy.
  • morsitansmorsitans Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,284 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    The skirmish event gives relatively high amounts of AD per completed skirmish, thus if they allowed overlevelled toons to do them, every skirmish event would be wall-to-wall level 60s roflstomping their way through blacklake over and over again. If you prevented overlevelled chars getting rewards, people would just include one level 60 to roflstomp it and help all his guildies' lower levelled toons farm AD. People are crazy about their AD.

Sure, epic equivalents of skirmishes might be nice, but they'd need balancing and reworking to account for all the different higher level skills (so it's not just CWs punting dudes off cliffs or whatever)....and they're having a hard enough time doing that with dungeons at the moment.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Solution: allow higher level characters to do the skirmish somehow, possibly with a convoluted mechanic, just for the achievement. Award the bonus ADs only to characters within the level limit. Skirmish daily rewards are already level scaled, so earlier ones wouldn't count towards completing a daily.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
    edited June 2013
    Solution: Award the bonus ADs only to characters within the level limit.

As I said (directly above, no less)
    If you prevented overlevelled chars getting rewards, people would just include one level 60 to roflstomp it and help all his guildies' lower levelled toons farm AD. People are crazy about their AD.

In all honesty, I think a better solution would be to simply remove achievements/titles from the things, since all the former does is drive completionists crazy, and all the latter does is give you something meaningless to stick under your name for all of an hour before you get a better title. If you care about titles in the first place.
  • literaryaceliteraryace Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    It ought to be possible for a higher-level character to be "de-leveled" to do missed skirmishes. The new story arc in STO that takes place on Nimbus III will only let you play at a Lt. Commander (I think) or similar level, even if you are a Vice Admiral, with the rewards being level-specific. There should be a similar way to unlevel yourself so that you can play missed skirmishes, as I am missing most of them myself and it's driving me batty. I want to be able to do the skirmishes, and I am not rerolling my character, or creating a new character so that I can do this.

If you're playing at the lower level and only receiving lower level rewards, I don't see that many people rushing to farm AD or doing the lower skirmishes except those of us who missed them the first go-round.

Just my opinion though.
    edited June 2013
    There are quite a few people who roll characters purely to mass farm the blacklake skirmish (since it's fast even at the appropriate level and gives 1000AD each time during the event), and then when they outlevel it, they transfer the AD, delete the char and reroll to do it again.

This is the kind of mindset you're up against.
This discussion has been closed.