test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

HELP! Blacklake Terror skirmish, how to?

kill4kaytkill4kayt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited August 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
So i have the quest "Lurking in Blacklake (Party)" It says I have to Complete the Blacklake Terror skirmish which I don't know how to do. I open up my Queue window, but the only thing there is the Orc Attack Skirmish not the Blacklake one...

I NEED THIS DONE TO GET TITLE! How do I do the Blacklake one?
Close The World.txeN ehT nepO
Post edited by kill4kayt on

Comments

• xenozenoxenozeno Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    That's odd. I used the Queue window for that one.
  • kill4kaytkill4kayt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    xenozeno wrote: »
    That's odd. I used the Queue window for that one.

I used the Queue window for Orc Assault, but that is the only one that is in the queue window for me.
  • astaziaastazia Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 51
    edited April 2013
    Apparently you can only queue for stuff near your level, and skirmishes have no map entrances that I could find, so after a certain point doing the content becomes impossible, which sucks.
  • kill4kaytkill4kayt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    astazia wrote: »
    Apparently you can only queue for stuff near your level, and skirmishes have no map entrances that I could find, so after a certain point doing the content becomes impossible, which sucks.

That is really kittening lame!
    edited April 2013
    I need to do this Skirmish to get the title.
  • astaziaastazia Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 51
    edited April 2013
    What title? I don't see any achieves or anything linked to it.

Edit: Ah, "Hero of Blacklake." Guess I wont be getting that title on half my characters, ever, because I missed the skirmish.
  • dramdrumdramdrum Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 43
    edited April 2013
    If the skirmish is not showing up in your queues it means that you are too low level for it.

You probably would not be able to complete it even if you did manage to go to it. Go level up some more, it will show up at some point.
  • wruntjuniorwruntjunior Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 55
    edited April 2013
    dramdrum wrote: »
    If the skirmish is not showing up in your queues it means that you are too low level for it.

You probably would not be able to complete it even if you did manage to go to it. Go level up some more, it will show up at some point.

Actually, it's not there for him because he's too high level - his complaint is that there seems to be no way to do it once you outlevel it.
  • dramdrumdramdrum Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 43
    edited April 2013
    Oh i see!

Well the dungeons you can do their epic versions at level 60, not sure how you can deal with skirmishes you outleveled though.
    Do the skirmishes have epic versions? Don't remember seeing anything about that.
    edited April 2013
    dramdrum wrote: »
    Oh i see!

Well the dungeons you can do their epic versions at level 60, not sure how you can deal with skirmishes you outleveled though.
    Do the skirmishes have epic versions? Don't remember seeing anything about that.
    Thats the problem. I see nothing on them either...
  • veslepingleveslepingle Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Bump, this is really dumb made, they need to add entrances to skirmishes so you can go back and do the ones you missed later.
  • rasereiamokrasereiamok Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 78
    edited April 2013
    Are there epic versions of skirmishes?
    I'm the #1 MMORPG player in the universe!
    edited April 2013
    I don't know. That would solve this problem, but I see no evidence of it.
  • alabasterwhitealabasterwhite Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I wish they would fix this and the fact that I can't queue with guildies for low level runs together. I know we can go to the door if there's 4 others on, but if we are missing one or two and just want to auto-queue then it's impossible. Terrible design decision.
    edited April 2013
    I wish they would fix this and the fact that I can't queue with guildies for low level runs together. I know we can go to the door if there's 4 others on, but if we are missing one or two and just want to auto-queue then it's impossible. Terrible design decision.

I'm really not sure what you are talking about
  • beaghan1beaghan1 Member Posts: 404 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    There are entrances for most skirmishes btw. I have never seen one for blacklake but there are entries for the next 2 the cloaktower and the crypt.

also I didn't think you needed the skirmish for the title. I could swear I got that in beta and never once did the blacklake skirmish them.
  • rabbinicusrabbinicus Member Posts: 1,822 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    kill4kayt wrote: »
    I'm really not sure what you are talking about

I believe this is the meaning: When you're in a party, you can enter dungeons via the door regardless of level. There does not appear to be a way to do so for skirmishes.
    The right to command is earned through duty, the privilege of rank is service.

edited April 2013
    rabbinicus wrote: »
    I believe this is the meaning: When you're in a party, you can enter dungeons via the door regardless of level. There does not appear to be a way to do so for skirmishes.

most do have a door that you can enter solo even if you choose.
  • psychickittypsychickitty Member Posts: 253 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Yep this is another issue they transported from one of their other games.....out leveling thus unable to do content or get specific titles or achievements.

And that's not all they also brought in the old you have to be within a certain level bracket to do a couple of things...so basically they are locking out their game to players....who play it.

Its like they don't want players to play their game.

I will say it now.....a system like this makes some very bad things happen that they will not like.

Example: When everyone who plays does things they will level up....eventually anyone new who shows up will want to do the content but cannot because there will be no one to do it with....everyone who has leveled past it cannot help....they will have to have specific characters of the specific level range to do so

The Irony is They are literally destroying their own game content by doing this sort of thing....but for some reason cant seam to figure out why they have issues....>_<.....or why players get upset or why the player bases seam to disappear......
    You would think the issue being brought up over 1000 times would be a dead give away.

Power without Perception is Spiritually useless and therefore of no true value.

=^_^=

• erideitaerideita Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 304
    edited April 2013
    beaghan1 wrote: »
    There are entrances for most skirmishes btw. I have never seen one for blacklake but there are entries for the next 2 the cloaktower and the crypt.

Those are dungeons, not skirmishes. Dungeons do have a physical entrance.
    edited April 2013
    erideita wrote: »
    Those are dungeons, not skirmishes. Dungeons do have a physical entrance.

my bad then
    edited April 2013
    Yep this is another issue they transported from one of their other games.....out leveling thus unable to do content or get specific titles or achievements.

most of their other games (City of Heroes, Champions Online ETC) let you 'mentor' down to team mates levels giving you the ability to do missed low level content.
  • margulismargulis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I'm not sure if this will work but it's worth a try. Get in a group with someone who is still low level enough to do that skirmish and see if they can queue for it. Then when they get queued maybe it will bring you into the skirmish also?
  • fotzikfotzik Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Star Trek Online lets you replay all the missions either by yourself, or with a party. The players or content scale so it's appropriate to you or the party.

Something similar to Neverwinter would be ideal. It would let you redo the quests/skirmishes/dungeons you want, either alone or with friends (making it possible to play with lower level friends). It would also let you pick up certain lore (or anything else) you might have missed on previous runs.
    edited April 2013
    margulis wrote: »
    I'm not sure if this will work but it's worth a try. Get in a group with someone who is still low level enough to do that skirmish and see if they can queue for it. Then when they get queued maybe it will bring you into the skirmish also?

This does not work.
    edited April 2013
    Ya the whole mentoring and level scaling concept used by so many MMOs these days was pretty much invented by the old Cryptic in CoH. Ironic that NW is suffering because of something like this.

They just need to add map entrances to the skirmishes. If I missed it just let me go in and solo it.
    edited May 2013
    Support told me this is working as intended. I highly doubt the Dev's intended to deny players access to game content.
    edited May 2013
    They may have simply meant it wasn't a bug, just something they haven't gotten around to addressing yet. If they seriously think this is fine as is, somebody will have to help me find my jaw once it explodes off my face and buries itself several kilometers in the ground. Then I'll let them have all my stuff as I leave.
  • carlisingcarlising Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Having this issue. This is <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.
  • xd1xd1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I would also like to voice my concern and displeasure for not being able to go back and queue up for lower level content that I missed due to out leveling.

I should definitely have the option of doing it solo.
This discussion has been closed.