test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Foundry xp farm legal?

2»

Comments

• worfsbaneworfsbane Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It shows how warped some players are though doesn't it.

They would rather grind endless mobs in a room that never changes than play the actual game.

These will be the guys that will start to complain that their is nothing to do at end game
  • clurdgeclurdge Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 153 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Easy fix. Mobs give no xp. Only finishing it rewards.

Lets keep our game story base, and not this trash.

No "fix" is needed. Lets allow variety and realize not everyone wants the same thing. Killing mobs should give exp whether you read lore between killings or not. Personally I like foundry missions with a good involved story, and would be pissed if someone on the board said we should fix this somehow and restrict the lore. It goes both ways thougg I could not care less how others play.
  • airelanairelan Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You could do that at one point City of Heroes mission architect. Choose a large open map, pack it full of mobs then farm it. But they cracked down on it and made the player made missions almost useless for xp.
  • clurdgeclurdge Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 153 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    worfsbane wrote: »
    It shows how warped some players are though doesn't it.

They would rather grind endless mobs in a room that never changes than play the actual game.

These will be the guys that will start to complain that their is nothing to do at end game

"Playing the game" to them may in fact be grinding endless mobs. Get off your elitest high horse and realize not everyone enjoys the same thing.
  • themassakrethemassakre Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Endlessly killing mobs can be fun for people, which quests are available for this?

I want to play :)
  • ragerblade82ragerblade82 Member Posts: 42
    edited May 2013
    It needs to be changed. Lets keep some of the spirit of DnD shall we? By making the mobs give no xp and reward at the end. It would make people who Design dungeons get used. Instead of xp farms is all people want.
  • dervimnorthdervimnorth Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Pardon the newbie, but how do I legally earn xp? Because I've been doing everything thrown at me, so far, yet the main story quest line have already outpaced me. Currently I'm level nine and my main quests are all ten and above.
  • tarsakh1tarsakh1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There was a live stream of a CW aoe group farming foundry quests the other day, they went from 1 to 60 in just under 24 hours.
  • hipolipolopigushipolipolopigus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Okay, I've tested a couple of farms myself. Honestly, I can see why people would do it. If I've leveled one character to 60, it makes leveling another seem sluggish because of the linear plot. Admittedly, you can't get much more linear than a farm... But it's damned fast.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Want to know why Neverwinter is so laggy? Check out the "Latency" section in this thread.
  • vfibsuxvfibsux Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 38
    edited May 2013
    Why do people care so much about what others are doing? Who cares if they want to waste their gameplay powerleveling? It does not affect you.
  • ravinravin Member Posts: 587 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Let's put it this way, and Al Rivera, lead systems designer over at STO, hinted towards this, if you're doing something in game and you have to ask yourself if it's legal, then it probably isn't. STO has been banning accounts recently for foundry exploits similar to this. Just a word to the wise.
    =\/= ================================ =\/=
    Centurion maximus92
    12th Legion, Romulan Republic
    12th Fleet

=\/= ================================ =\/=
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited May 2013
    . . . . . If one makes it so the mobs cannot be reached or are hindered from reaching the player while the player is still able to hurt the mobs, then it is an exploit. I expect to hear of a lot of banning this weekend due to people exploiting. I can barely believe some of them even have the gull to stream their exploits. Thanks for making it easier!

. . . . . Please report such exploitative missions folks. You can do this by the ? help button (H by default), request GM Help, choose Behavior and then type in the author's name in the appropriate field. Then explain about their foundry exploiting missions in the text field, include the Mission ID and name if possible. Otherwise you have to complete a mission to report it for being bad. Unfortunately, some of these exploit missions are designed to not be able to be completed, just farm. Which is another exploit in itself.
  • hipolipolopigushipolipolopigus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    zebular wrote: »
    If one makes it so the mobs cannot be reached or are hindered from reaching the player while the player is still able to hurt the mobs, then it is an exploit. I expect to hear of a lot of banning this weekend due to people exploiting. Cannot believe some of them even have the gull to stream their exploits. Thanks for making it easier!
    But is it the kind of "exploit" that warrants punishment? It's not like it provides any significant advantage besides loot which may potentially unbalance the economy, though that could be fixed by preventing loot drops in small and/or short foundry quests.

And I believe you meant "guile" ;3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Want to know why Neverwinter is so laggy? Check out the "Latency" section in this thread.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited May 2013
    And I believe you meant "guile" ;3
    . . . . . Nay, I still have a lot of southern in me. Gull from the animal of the name, to be daring and bold like a Sea Gull stealing food on the beach.. I've always used Gull as an adjective in such usage, interpretation may vary with individual opinion of the Sea Gull's habits.

. . . . . Nay, there is no guile used in these streams. Total blatant exploiting. Maybe they are beguiling others into believing it is okay, sure, but man the gull to stream it... that's what I meant.*the mage winks*
  • nephtnepht Member Posts: 5,826 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    thedraug wrote: »
    All this foundry xp farming going on, watched some streams today also with ppl doing this very effectivly. was empty map with lots of mobs in it.

Is this legal?

Sounds totally criminal you best be phoning the FBI.
    edited May 2013
    . . . . . Nay, I still have a lot of southern in me. Gull from the animal of the name, to be daring and bold like a Sea Gull stealing food on the beach.. I've always used Gull as an adjective in such usage, interpretation may vary with individual opinion of the Sea Gull's habits.

. . . . . Nay, there is no guile used in these streams. Total blatant exploiting. Maybe they are beguiling others into believing it is okay, sure, but man the gull to stream it... that's what I meant.*the mage winks*
    Foiled by context yet again!
    241055-BubblegumTableFlip-Header.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • dtrain69dtrain69 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    150% foundry buff + Blood and Sand = a good time.
  • dtrain69dtrain69 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

That was great, I enjoy grammar.
  • gutyoulikeafishgutyoulikeafish Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    redstorm55 wrote: »
    some people like to just go all the way to end, farm elite loot, and then complain there's no content.

Comes with every MMO :P

This lol!:P
  • lithurinlithurin Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I don't really see all the fuss, people power leveling is nothing new, nor does it really affect anyone else. I love the foundry, best thing about the game because I like playing different stories and quests, other people who want to power level instead crack on. It's a game at the end of the day however you're having fun (without ruining it for others) is the right way to play it.
    edited May 2013
    lithurin wrote: »
    I don't really see all the fuss, people power leveling is nothing new, nor does it really affect anyone else. I love the foundry, best thing about the game because I like playing different stories and quests, other people who want to power level instead crack on. It's a game at the end of the day however you're having fun (without ruining it for others) is the right way to play it.
    . . . . . Power leveling is one thing and I am fine with, in fact I used to be a druid PLer in Shadowbane for years... The issue is when authors are creating content that specifically gives the players an advantageous way to deal damage to monsters, over and over, without suffering their true AI due to the way the author purposely created the mission. This is an exploit of game mechanics and those that do it should be prepared to be banned. Hopefully some good will come of this and that is the fixing of loop-holes in the foundry that allow the creation of violating content of this manner.
  • lithurinlithurin Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ahh I see, my mistake, the only people I have seen using this method just get dropped in among a large group of mobs without any advantages just a kill all the things task. Creating a map that deliberately makes it so that the player can't be hit etc I am also against, I misunderstood and thought people were against just any grinding map.
  • gentaclegentacle Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I figured he meant gall hth
  • enderlin50enderlin50 Member Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    . . . . . Power leveling is one thing and I am fine with, in fact I used to be a druid PLer in Shadowbane for years... The issue is when authors are creating content that specifically gives the players an advantageous way to deal damage to monsters, over and over, without suffering their true AI due to the way the author purposely created the mission. This is an exploit of game mechanics and those that do it should be prepared to be banned. Hopefully some good will come of this and that is the fixing of loop-holes in the foundry that allow the creation of violating content of this manner.

I've noticed an increase in the amount of people doing these. It honestly does feel like an exploit. Unless you do a Knockback attack the NPCs don't move. If you do a knockback some will manage to crawl out of their "hole", in which the fun part for a CW was knocking them back in. I thought at first it was supposed to be funny Foundry mission then I realized the amount of xp it yields.

I think best way to resolve it is to put a cooldown onto the Foundry missions. I have a restrictly PvP character and the appeal of pumping out levels on him is great. However, seeing players at 6am shouting "Foundry Farm Group 2/5, pst" irks me so bad. It means for my PvE focused characters..especially the dps.. will be waiting that much longer for a dungeon/skirmish queue.

City of Heroes had a similar thing going on where players could go into Player-Generated Content and fight against powerful villians that were rooted in place and get tons of levels in no time. Eventually these were locked out by the devs. I feel at this point in time the first step is for a "red" post to be made stating NW does not support these type of missions and demand all players stop at risk of future ban. This way your dedicated players will stop and your "goldsellers" who are maxing characters so they can go ninjaloot purples get knocked out.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2013
    I've seen one "farm" that is appears "legitimate" in that it gives you ~20 waves of a single orc. You actually fight them and everything... That may be a way around the definition of exploit here :/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • dramdrumdramdrum Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 43
    edited May 2013
    I like the fact that you can do that right now.

Means all the idiots will get to lvl 60, get bored and leave in a shorter amount of time that it would take them otherwise.

It is better for the health of the game and the comunity overall, trust me.
    I say leave it as it is.
  • sumbodeeesumbodeee Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    it does seem a bit strange i dunno
  • l1d3nl1d3n Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 385 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    If I feel outleveled questing I pick up a few foundry quests and make it up but I don't just sit and grind mobs in foundry. It would take the fun out of the game for me.