test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

NW makes me sad

Comments

• Options
    sarsparilla1sarsparilla1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I agree with the OP, you can grind AD for Zen for keys, but at 60,000 AD per key, it will take about 27.654 years to get the mount for bars. Cryptic needs to sit back down with a calculator.
  • Options
    pugginspuggins Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I can totally relate to the OP. Sometimes in these games it's the (seemingly) smallest thing that can have a large emotional impact.
  • Options
    infi321infi321 Member Posts: 311 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sefenia wrote: »
    A-a-a mount ...?
    go outside, please.
    I beg of you.

Dont mock a huge flaw in the game, the scam Zen shop, and some people love mounts in an mmo, its some of the most important you can achieve.

At the moment PW is locking down their own playerbase by creating exorbitant prices only the most stupid people take advantage of.

This game is so fail its unbelieveable and theres a very very long way to go before id play this to more than just 60.
    "Your story may not last forever; but it will exist forever"
  • Options
    plethorasplethoras Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    A bit off topic (but somewhat related),

I've been stuck in a foundry map for the last 2 hours which I've abandoned and still CANT LEAVE :P -

I'm a ****, so I can't create my own thread to complain.

This ruins the game for me because it's unplayable, can someone help?

edit: apparently boon (spelled backwards) is censored...
  • Options
    prowesssssprowesssss Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I think OP's complaint is not that he can't get the mount at level 20 but rather his hopes for EVER obtaining one is dashed... The light at the end of the tunnel is just too far and it has discouraged him to the point where his excitement for the game is dead. This, I understand.
    They've really shot their own foot off with the microtransactions system... Players don't mind spending money on a game they enjoy, for convenience, for cosmetics, for content.. Where players start complaining is when they feel as though the prices are just infeasible (as in the OP's case) or they feel tricked into spending money (as is my case-- I wasted power points on terrible abilities and they want REAL MONEY for a respec when it's not my fault that the character progression is sloped the wrong direction)
  • Options
    horrorscope666horrorscope666 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 415 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    The very basics...

$5/zen for a mount or 5 in-game gold, that is the very least, which I went with fwiw.
  • Options
    ashcash3ashcash3 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am a newcomer. I come from WoW. So i feel I have some right to speak about MMo's in general. I have seen games come and go. I have seen some games fail and some games succeed. The ones I like do not ask you for your wallet every 3 minutes of a game. This game apparently does that, which I have no problem with considering it's just text i read and am going to ignore but you have to figure that your awfully making the game very confusing considering take for example mario he never asked you for $5 so that he can turn into fire mario, he just became fire mario, in this game, have u drawn a line so distinct, that a player who chooses to pay or not to pay can actually tell whats going on? I feel that this a major problem in your game. Education, yes of course countless hours of playing we might understand the workarounds. But really, how much of audience have you killed off by creating this style of pay. Many people are persistent, many people are not. Some will make it, some will not.

The very fact that you have put me in this position impedes on whether i want to progress in the game or not, the game is counter intuitive. In MMO type games, ESPECIALLY MMO type games, people want to be different from one another right? So I'm stuck here CLUELESS as to what this game is going to ask of my wallet. It is not your fault I am clueless its just what it is, but this is self defeating because I dont want to be less cool and less strategic and maybe im not as capable later on. Not only this but is your education so good that you have shown me what I will be at a loss at later on in the game? Can you show me this?? I would be really glad if you could.This is my main arguement.

I sincerely hope you aren't just marketing this game to the kids with their parents wallets. I have seen games like you, and I don't like it. Look you can charge ANYTHING you want for your services, by all means go ahead. But just look at it from my perspective for one second. A long time gamer, long time WoW player.
  • Options
    astaziaastazia Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 51
    edited May 2013
    ^ No offense, but... huh? 0_o I couldn't follow that at all.
    plethoras wrote: »
    I've been stuck in a foundry map for the last 2 hours which I've abandoned and still CANT LEAVE :P

Relog, or queue for a skirmish/dungeon. You'll get kicked out. This goes for every mission whether you've abandoned it or not.
  • Options
    ch0keslamch0keslam Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I agree OP. This game is fantastic and I really hope in a few years we are still playing it and not remembering NW as "That game where Dev's learned what NOT to do."

A few tweaks with pricing and accessibility could really make this game have a great run! The problem is PW has been repeat offenders in the P2W scene and also just abandoning games to hype the next new release.

I hope this game doesn't just end up as another empty tab on the PW website because there are some great things in this MMO. Let's all hope Cryptic grabs the wheel back from PW's more business oriented people and listens to the community!
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    plethoras wrote: »
    A bit off topic (but somewhat related),

I've been stuck in a foundry map for the last 2 hours which I've abandoned and still CANT LEAVE :P -

I'm a ****, so I can't create my own thread to complain.

This ruins the game for me because it's unplayable, can someone help?

edit: apparently boon (spelled backwards) is censored...

Another possibility is the Teleport Scroll if you have it.
  • Options
    variadainevariadaine Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    let me ask abt t bars? is the lockbox the only way to get em?
  • Options
    lokaidraxmartislokaidraxmartis Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    khevor wrote: »
    @imivo I tried doing that in STO and ended up getting impatient and buying Zen. LOL. But you can see my own frustation given your own experiences. :)

@mbomberdavid The regular horses are 40% speed increase... um, the Zen mounts are 110% speed increase... not sure about the nightmare mounts, offhand.

Can buy mount training in game to reach same speed as those.
  • Options
    terradraconisterradraconis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    variadaine wrote: »
    let me ask abt t bars? is the lockbox the only way to get em?

Apparently. I did look in the auction house and it doesn't appear you can sell or buy them there. Pity. On the other claw I've only spent 30 on keys and have almost 600 Tbars in my inventory.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    elessymelessym Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I started out enjoying myself. The mechanics are pretty much the same as STO so it was relatively easy to get a feel for the UI, zen shop, etc. The combat is a tad more twitchy than I'm used to (and that's led to more than a couple of deaths LOL) but I was okay with it.

Then I hit level 20. I wanted to get a mount, you see. I was looking forward to it. I gained two more levels while thinking about whether or not I wanted to buy one from the shop ($30 or $40 worth of Zen - which I can live with) or get one from AH (~50,000 - 10,000,000 AD) or gain some gold and buy one at the Stall for ~5 gold. Most of the mounts available didn't really interest me but then I saw one that I fell in love with... but...

The mount I wanted is rather rare, you see. You can only buy it with T bars... 2500 of them. That would require me to buy over 250 keys to open over 250 Nightmare boxes to gather enough T bars. A mount for $40, like I said, I could live with... but *this* particular mount would cost well over $300 to get (up to 10 T bars per lockbox with no guarantee you'll get 10). My jaw hit the floor. Even if I *wanted* to spend that kind of money on a game, I simply couldn't do it and for that price, no one in their right mind would sell such a creature in the AH.

I attempted to continue playing after this horrific revelation, but found that my interest in the game has fallen. You might think it silly that this one thing could have such an effect but when you find something you really want for your character only to discover there is no feasible way you could ever get it, it colours your view markedly.

There are a lot of things I can overlook, after all, it is still in beta and every MMO in existence is in a state of perpetual change (read:never finished), but I'm not sure I can be the proverbial donkey chasing the carrot on a stick in this case.

With my enjoyment curtailed, I think I'll put this game on a shelf and come back to it later. I'm curious if anyone else has ever experienced similar to this.

If you're familiar with STO, then I don't know why you're surprised - this is no different from the Lobi store.
    "Participation in PVP-related activities is so low on an hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly basis that we could in fact just completely take it out of STO and it would not impact the overall number of people [who] log in to the game and play in any significant way." -Gozer, Cryptic PvP Dev
  • Options
    heavensrain01heavensrain01 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hell, i probably would NOT know the prettiest mount in the game if i saw it bc i see it in such poor quality. I have tried what the tech spt forum suggests, and like many others, the game isn't really playable. Oh such a disappointment. But i am glad that i took a peek before i got a 200 dollar founders pack or i would be a really sad girl.

I admit i love fashions and pretty mounts in games, ya... pwi has made a ton of cash off of me over the years bc i like to see pretty things while i game. I also want the best armor, so don't get me wrong, i'm not all fluff.

But i was so excited about this game. My friend was in beta, she never said anything about it looking like a trash computer game from 1990 or something. **** i am really bumming out about neverwinter.

Thanks for letting me share <3. if you know how to fix this without it being such a drain, let me know. My computer isn' t bad .... *sigh* and it's got all intel chips. Shakes her head at all of it.
    Again, thanks.
  • Options
    mikael74mikael74 Member Posts: 206 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Neverwinter is both buggy and unfinished and according to my analysis it would take Mythic another two years of patches to bring it into a release worthy state.
    I play as a control wizard and when it comes down to it... it's all about the freeze.
  • Options
    terradraconisterradraconis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    mikael74 wrote: »
    Neverwinter is both buggy and unfinished and according to my analysis it would take Mythic another two years of patches to bring it into a release worthy state.

Fortunately Mythic has nothing to do with NWNO.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Fortunately Mythic has nothing to do with NWNO.

They ****ing made it.
    I play as a control wizard and when it comes down to it... it's all about the freeze.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    They ****ing made it.

Cryptic did not Mythic.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    vdinh037vdinh037 Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    -people are just crazy these days
    -always want the best of the best and if they don't get it they "quit" and post threads like this one.
    -just for a simple thing like a-a-a mount...
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Cryptic did not Mythic.

Ah, ok. Isn't there a game studio named Mystic as well?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Yes but it has nothing to do with Nevewinter Nights Online. Mythic on the other claw makes Dark Age of Camelot, Imperator Online, and Warhammer Online. Oh and EA forcibly merged them with Bioware in 2009 and pretty much gutted the Mythic shop.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    zahinderzahinder Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Spent $5 as of now, for character slots. May spend more...

STO is much the same -- you feel like you have to spend money, but you really really don't. It's a good system, selling convenience and time to impatient people.

I have 0 interest in the founder's pack -- drow and giant spider mounts? Meh.
    Campaign: The Fenwick Cycle NWS-DKR9GB7KH

Wicks and Things: NW-DI4FMZRR4 : The Fenwick merchant family has lost a caravan! Can you help?

Beggar's Hollow: NW-DR6YG4J2L : Someone, or something, has stolen away many of the Fenwicks' children! Can you find out what happened to them?

Into the Fen Wood: NW-DL89DRG7B : Enter the heart of the forest. Can you discover the secret of the Fen Wood?
  • Options
    caleshhcaleshh Member Posts: 61
    edited May 2013
    ***** complain, ***** complain......I wish they would just shut down the forum.....having to wade through this typical bull**** to actually find the answer to a legit question is the worst......so the OP basically just wants to ***** about cash again.....there are threads for that so please post in those threads
  • Options
    raal1raal1 Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I started out enjoying myself. The mechanics are pretty much the same as STO so it was relatively easy to get a feel for the UI, zen shop, etc. The combat is a tad more twitchy than I'm used to (and that's led to more than a couple of deaths LOL) but I was okay with it.

Then I hit level 20. I wanted to get a mount, you see. I was looking forward to it. I gained two more levels while thinking about whether or not I wanted to buy one from the shop ($30 or $40 worth of Zen - which I can live with) or get one from AH (~50,000 - 10,000,000 AD) or gain some gold and buy one at the Stall for ~5 gold. Most of the mounts available didn't really interest me but then I saw one that I fell in love with... but...

The mount I wanted is rather rare, you see. You can only buy it with T bars... 2500 of them. That would require me to buy over 250 keys to open over 250 Nightmare boxes to gather enough T bars. A mount for $40, like I said, I could live with... but *this* particular mount would cost well over $300 to get (up to 10 T bars per lockbox with no guarantee you'll get 10). My jaw hit the floor. Even if I *wanted* to spend that kind of money on a game, I simply couldn't do it and for that price, no one in their right mind would sell such a creature in the AH.

I attempted to continue playing after this horrific revelation, but found that my interest in the game has fallen. You might think it silly that this one thing could have such an effect but when you find something you really want for your character only to discover there is no feasible way you could ever get it, it colours your view markedly.

There are a lot of things I can overlook, after all, it is still in beta and every MMO in existence is in a state of perpetual change (read:never finished), but I'm not sure I can be the proverbial donkey chasing the carrot on a stick in this case.

With my enjoyment curtailed, I think I'll put this game on a shelf and come back to it later. I'm curious if anyone else has ever experienced similar to this.

I don't think anyone in these forums is going to be able to help you. You should seek professional psychiatric help.
  • Options
    stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    caleshh wrote: »
    ***** complain, ***** complain......I wish they would just shut down the forum.....having to wade through this typical bull**** to actually find the answer to a legit question is the worst......so the OP basically just wants to ***** about cash again.....there are threads for that so please post in those threads

It's only about twelve people doing it, it's just those twelve spend ten to sixteen hours a day on the forums complaining. STO was the exact same way when it launched, after awhile they moved on the the next MMO to cry there, there are still a couple that will use the same complaints and insults about cryptic in every post they make, but nothing like it use to be.

Give a month or two things will settle out.
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • Options
    goodwilloutgoodwillout Member Posts: 64
    edited May 2013
    The original post makes me sad.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    caleshhcaleshh Member Posts: 61
    edited May 2013
    It's only about twelve people doing it, it's just those twelve spend ten to sixteen hours a day on the forums complaining. STO was the exact same way when it launched, after awhile they moved on the the next MMO to cry there, there are still a couple that will use the same complaints and insults about cryptic in every post they make, but nothing like it use to be.

Give a month or two things will settle out.

Lolol.....I hear ya. I finally found an answer to my question. I hate wading through the BS to get to an answer. Hopefully next time I have to wade through the forum <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> they have moved on.
  • Options
    hkiewahkiewa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 379 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013

What qualifications do you have regarding your analysis? As you've proved in your other thread you have none

I'm still curious as to why you are still here. You can't play the game because your hardware is junk.
  • Options
    sdneversdnever Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 116 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    this type a player would complain if that mount was free and everyone was using it.