test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

NW makes me sad

13»

Comments

• labbblabbb Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I want the angel companion ... so if I follow your logic I should stop playing now ?
    A better example , Tiger wanted to play golf , but since he couldn't play in the masters when he was 8 he should of stopped then ?

You do realize since you play STO , there will be more loot boxs . Even if you just open up ten per box , eventually you will have plenty of bars . If you open none , well then you need to find someone that has opened a lot and see what they will charge you for the mount . Someone will sell one . heck I have seen one in game already .
  • direcrowdirecrow Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So let me see. ... Your complaint is that you can't buy the rarest and hardest to get mount in the game the minute you hit level 20?

No...you dolt. Its the fact that the mount is unnecessarily expensive considering it literally does nothing any other mount of the same rank does. Its asinine how expensive they are, and if you fanboys had even a shred of objectivity and consumer dignity or savvy, you'd realize it too.
    Mindflayer Shard - @direcrow
    The Dire Crow - Tiefling TR
    Alice L'ddell - Human GF
    Ludovique - Tiefling DC
  • meager44meager44 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ashcash3 wrote: »
    I am a newcomer. I come from WoW. So i feel I have some right to speak about MMo's in general. I have seen games come and go. I have seen some games fail and some games succeed. The ones I like do not ask you for your wallet every 3 minutes of a game. This game apparently does that, which I have no problem with considering it's just text i read and am going to ignore but you have to figure that your awfully making the game very confusing considering take for example mario he never asked you for $5 so that he can turn into fire mario, he just became fire mario, in this game, have u drawn a line so distinct, that a player who chooses to pay or not to pay can actually tell whats going on? I feel that this a major problem in your game. Education, yes of course countless hours of playing we might understand the workarounds. But really, how much of audience have you killed off by creating this style of pay. Many people are persistent, many people are not. Some will make it, some will not.

The very fact that you have put me in this position impedes on whether i want to progress in the game or not, the game is counter intuitive. In MMO type games, ESPECIALLY MMO type games, people want to be different from one another right? So I'm stuck here CLUELESS as to what this game is going to ask of my wallet. It is not your fault I am clueless its just what it is, but this is self defeating because I dont want to be less cool and less strategic and maybe im not as capable later on. Not only this but is your education so good that you have shown me what I will be at a loss at later on in the game? Can you show me this?? I would be really glad if you could.This is my main arguement.

I sincerely hope you aren't just marketing this game to the kids with their parents wallets. I have seen games like you, and I don't like it. Look you can charge ANYTHING you want for your services, by all means go ahead. But just look at it from my perspective for one second. A long time gamer, long time WoW player.

So if you played WOW for a long time then you know that you have spent hundreds if not thousands of dollars on that game? Of course it depends on how long you have played, and if you bought a store mount or took advantage of character transfers and race changes. It does add up.

Then you talk about Mario changing into fire Mario with out being asked to pay 5 dollars for it? To me that would be a deal especially if they gave me the entire game for free. But no, you had to spend to money to buy the game just for the privilege to play it. I guess a Mario game would be about 30 bucks, which would be about 50-60 in today's market.

I've said this before in other posts, this game does not have gated content. If you want to quest, you can. Wanna run a dungeon, you can, wanna play a Foundry quest, you can. Wanna make a Foundry Quest, you can. Wanna PVP, you can. Wanna level all the way to 60 and see all the zones, you can. They are not asking you for 60 dollars up front and a 15 month sub fee. After the free month that would equal 75 dollars. If it was that way would you complain? Or could take the same 75 dollars that would of spent anyway and bought a mount and some bags and character slots or whatever you think you would want?

Then wait a month or two and put down 20 bucks or 15 a month. Since content is not gated and you can play the entire game with out spending a cent why don't you save some money in a Neverwinter fund and every 3 or 4 months drop 60 bucks? 4 months of 15 dollars equals 60. You can get a lot from the store with that.
    I know that some of the mounts are costly. Like the one you get for the Bars that drop out of nightmare boxes. But in all reality most hard to get items are just that. Hard to get. You have played WOW for a long time you know what I am talking about. At least in this model you can get that mount after a couple of years. Some people in WOW have farmed mounts for years and never got one. But Blizzard was still taking their money from them anyway, and introducing more ways to take players money on top of a sub. With a cash shop?!?!