test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Why play the game when you can exploit foundry?

makikoumakikou Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
So, dear devs: Why should i bother playing your game's content too much when i and others can go to foundry, find a exp farming map where mobs cannot attack you can get to lv60 in less than a day? Really? You dont bother even verifying this kind of BS is possible? Meh, sucked out all the fun for me, shame though since the game itself was pretty good.
Post edited by makikou on

Comments

• someoneodsomeoneod Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Too bad the game uninstalls itself when you hit 60 and there's nothing to do then, huh.
  • anglachel87anglachel87 Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You could just make a post to report such kind of foundry quests <and ask for some more attention on it> instead of pretending to be cool with the typical "Beta ain't perfect ima quit cuz you bad dev" attitude.
  • tomanddicktomanddick Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Dear Jesus:
    Why should I bother living in this world when its so easy to kill people? You can just knock on someones door and stab them in the face 7 times. You don't even bother making sure that I don't make my own decisions. Sucked out all the fun from life for me. Shame though cause it was so fun up till now.
    My zarbun
  • random1285random1285 Member Posts: 18
    edited May 2013
    Yeah guys, why don't you put in the effort to save us from ourselves?! What is wrong with you? We simply can't be arsed to progress through the content the way a normal person would so we demand that you fix this right away!

Whatever. One less content locust whining about the lack of content.
  • wrenaqwrenaq Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You don't have to get to level 60 as fast as possible you know....
    You decided to go fast and do the foundry quests to get to level 60 so why are you moaning? did the devs force you to do it? no.
    Iam doing it the quest way and am really enjoying it...many may not want to do it for every character they have so the quick to 60 through foundry quests is a great idea.
    Let people play there own way I think the devs are thinking and I applaud them.
  • makikoumakikou Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I didnt do it, i dont want to do it, unfortunately everyone else did it. So yeah, gg. Glad to see all the fanboys though.
  • calaminthacalamintha Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You could just make a post to report such kind of foundry quests <and ask for some more attention on it> instead of pretending to be cool with the typical "Beta ain't perfect ima quit cuz you bad dev" attitude.

Or they could do what other MMOs do. Make mobs immune to damage if they can't get to you. I really hate that feature but at least it stops some "exploits".
    wrenaq wrote: »
    You don't have to get to level 60 as fast as possible you know....

But people do it to take advantage of the early exchange prices. Not that there's anything wrong with that though.
    edited May 2013
    makikou wrote: »
    I didnt do it, i dont want to do it, unfortunately everyone else did it. So yeah, gg. Glad to see all the fanboys though.

Nice to see the occasional lemming as well. Maybe your basement dwelling friends could go jump off a bridge somewhere as well and then that'd be the end of it.

Edit: Should mention that I'm for fixing exploits 100%. But blaming the company for your inability to take responsibility for your own actions is just really, really sad.
    edited May 2013

Why are you so bothered what others are doing? it isn't a race you know...let me guess you are the type of person who thinks "Jonny has new nike trainers and I want them NOW too".
    pfft fail dude just a massive big fail.
  • jakula1jakula1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Who cares if someone else did it, does this mean you won't experience the content? Does this actually affect you in any way?
  • mikael74mikael74 Member Posts: 206 Arc User
    edited May 2013

In the minds of most console players every MMORPG is a race to max level and if they doesn't get there fast enough they feel terrible about themselves.

I'm still level 12 and having a fun time like doing crazy dances at the Moonstone Mask.

As a side note: we need more different dance emotes.
    I play as a control wizard and when it comes down to it... it's all about the freeze.
  • makikoumakikou Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    wrenaq wrote: »
    Why are you so bothered what others are doing? it isn't a race you know...let me guess you are the type of person who thinks "Jonny has new nike trainers and I want them NOW too".
    pfft fail dude just a massive big fail.
    All my *friends* did it, i dont want to do it, now i have to play completely alone and when i hit the end game, they would have cleared it like 20x times already. Obviously you are such short-minded person that you couldnt comprehend such a thing?
  • odiasuda565odiasuda565 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I guess I don't understand posts like this. So what if people got to 60 faster than you? Is there some sort of prize for doing so? It somehow ruins the game completely? Report the exploitable Foundry stuff and move on. People rush to max level using this kind of garbage then sit around complaining there's nothing to do. How is that enviable?
    edited May 2013
    mikael74 wrote: »
    In the mind of most console players every MMORPG is a race to max level and if they doesn't get there fast enough they feel terrible about themselves.

I'm still level 12 and having a fun time like to crazt dances at the Moonstone Mask.

As a side note: we need more dance emotes.

And costumes. I want more costumes :(
    edited May 2013
    You just proved my point cheers.
    Make new friends along the way, I still do not get why you are so bothered....why not have two characters? one that uses the foundry to level and one to play through the game.
    edited May 2013
    random1285 wrote: »
    And costumes. I want more costumes :(

Yeah like everything that the NPCs are wearing, we should be able to buy at the Zen Store.
    I play as a control wizard and when it comes down to it... it's all about the freeze.
  • fotzikfotzik Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    All my *friends* did it, i dont want to do it, now i have to play completely alone and when i hit the end game, they would have cleared it like 20x times already. Obviously you are such short-minded person that you couldnt comprehend such a thing?
    So much for friends if they won't even play with you because they've already done the content and are higher level.. lol seriously? get other people to play with, become friends with other people, it's a MMORPG, it's supposed to be social.. I'm currently level 60 but I still play with my friends that are around level 30.. and I still intend to do dungeons when they reach 60 even though I've already done them, they don't seem to care that I'm higher level and have already cleared the content..
  • gunthology77gunthology77 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    what foundry map is he talking about :D
  • direcrowdirecrow Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So, dear devs: Why should i bother playing your game's content too much when i and others can go to foundry, find a exp farming map where mobs cannot attack you can get to lv60 in less than a day? Really? You dont bother even verifying this kind of BS is possible? Meh, sucked out all the fun for me, shame though since the game itself was pretty good.

Why should you bother doing the foundry, when you can get all the way to end game doing the regular quests?
    Fun.
    That's the only answer I could come up with.
    Mindflayer Shard - @direcrow
    The Dire Crow - Tiefling TR
    Alice L'ddell - Human GF
    Ludovique - Tiefling DC
  • vfibsuxvfibsux Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 38
    edited May 2013

This is the problem with MMO's these days, players like you see getting to the max level as winning the game. It is supposed to be about the journey, THEN the destination. If you would like to skip all gameplay and content and go right to the end game have at it, your loss.

Bottom line, how does someone getting to 60 in one day affect your gaming experience? I am not promoting what they do, I think they are idiots. But at the same time it does not affect my life, or yours.
    edited May 2013
    what foundry map is he talking about :D

Theres a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> one... it's map is a square surrounded by cliffs and some 30 to 40 ogres that you have to kill which gives an insane amount of exp if you can kill them.
  • vfibsuxvfibsux Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 38
    edited May 2013

Find new friends.
  • blur13blur13 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013

This. This. This.
  • barricadezbarricadez Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This is exploitable in every fashion. Not only do you have the majority of the player base spamming Foundy LFG to go to a location where the mobs cant hit you, you can easily bot it as well messing up the economy.

Now you have content that the devs have spent years making and everyone is bypassing it to get to "end game" of which there is little. Now, just like in every MMO where it literally takes less than a few days to hit cap, you get people bored and quitting the game...making "I hate this game" posts, and driving away potential new customers.

The only income this game has is the cash shop, and If I can easily exploit my way to 60 in less than a days played time, then I have no need for a cash shop nor will anyone else.

This is probably one of the biggest exploitable features Ive seen in any recent mmo and can quickly become a diaster. No one cares who hit 60 first or whatever, its about the health of the game. Its already started driving people away, and games like this need all the players they can get.

Most people are only using this MMO as a timewaster until the next big round of MMOs drop, so they better capitalize while they can and they are making a huge mistake letting the foundry continue on in this fashion.

Edit....

And before the Herp, Derps follow about jealousy or whatever, my group already has the first 2 full groups of control wizards and 60 and working on a 3rd group of 5 control wizards and should hit 60 in about another 4 hours. Giving access to 15 lvl 60 control wizards in less time than it takes people to get 1 toon to 30.
  • nemesis788450nemesis788450 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

thats the dumbest **** ive ever read on this forum - so youre having fun, youre finding an exploit that ruins your fun which you dont have to use. You use said exploit than, knowing it will ruin your fun which you otherwise could continue to have <- i'd probably get banned for writing what i truly think so i wont do it...

sorry but alone the sentence "why would i bother playing the game if i can explot max level now" shows everybody what kind of person you are - so go, stand in the corner and feel sorry for yourself
  • iroduirodu Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    When I get to 60 I plan on spending most, if not all, of my time in Foundry adventures.
  • pixelburstpixelburst Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ignore the crappy foundry quests, rate them down, report them, etc. If people want to ruin the game for themselves let them, I fail to see how it affects your experience.
    Currently playing on the Beholder Shard
  • xguildxguild Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well I don't know about all the exploits and stuff but I do have a question. Even with normal play the advancement is fairly quick, I play less and my friends are always outleveling me.

Is there any system that allows lower and higher level players to play together? Some sort of tutor thing or something?
  • xianclinnxianclinn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

You are only cheating yourself and nobody else.
    This game is made for content enjoyment, made by the studio and other players, it's also made for Dungeons and Dragons fans.

Not WoW children who want to race to max level as fast as possible, ignoring all lore and quest content of the game.

Pretty much it's like making the same argument as this, "Why play chess with old people at all? When all you have to do is punch them in the face when the game starts? Then they just give up. Chess is a fail game. Too easy to win."
    Missing the point of this game, I do know it's a better game for everyone if you quit.
  • neocom2aneocom2a Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dont you dare touching my foundry quests!
This discussion has been closed.