test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Why play the game when you can exploit foundry?

Comments

• stereoblindxstereoblindx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 246 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I thought mob xp was awful?
  • damarinasaidamarinasai Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Why don't you just report that foundry?
    Those who are allowed to shoot are those who are prepared to be shot.
  • ralandarralandar Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    OP- to do something like that is your choice. Are you a fairly young person? As you grow up, life will give you lots and lots of choices. It's up to YOU what you want to do with them. As for me, I've chosen to level through this game at my own pace, taking in the story because I want to learn it and get to know the environments, characters, and lore. I'm a D&D fan and a Forgotten Realms fan. That alone is enough to make me, quite easily, turn away the possibility of exploiting something to skip the vast majority of the content. If that's not enough for you, you may want to reconsider why you're even in this beta at all.
  • direcrowdirecrow Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Why exploit the foundry, when you don't have to exploit the foundry?
    Mindflayer Shard - @direcrow
    The Dire Crow - Tiefling TR
    Alice L'ddell - Human GF
    Ludovique - Tiefling DC
  • calaminthacalamintha Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    xianclinn wrote: »
    WoW children

You sure showed them.
    I thought mob xp was awful?

Only minion/trash XP.
  • saborwsaborw Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If you don't like it, don't do it. It's that simple. Having an alternative is actually a nice thing, in an MMO. It's fun to go through the story and quest lines, but if you want an alt and don't want to go through all of that again for a couple weeks, leveling it up by brute force in the foundry seems like a good idea. You don't get rewards from questing, such as extra bags, Titles from quests, and stuff like that, so there is a trade off to doing it this way

But optional alternatives are always a good thing
  • darkenedeye1fdarkenedeye1f Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Isn't the OP being sarcastic to make the point that Foundry farming quests are likely to cause problems... and tbh it does put pressure on people to use the legal exploit if they feel they are being left behind. Personally I have only got as far as 15 to get to the Foundry because I am trying to make quests. But if the top 50 are all farming quests that are up voted by farming players and they have lots of runs as they are used for farming, nothing else will get a look in. This and the economic impact of an unbalanced population on the AD market could seriously impact the game for many non farming players... and the farmers will leave in a month as they have "done" all the content.

TDLR. Farming Foundry quests are potentially a problem for the game and the devs need to do some thinking about their impact.
  • caleshhcaleshh Member Posts: 61
    edited May 2013
    What...level 60 in a day....golly gee
    OP....play how you want....let others play how they want. No exploit here. You can make level 60 in quickly doing the content as well.

If that is your choice
  • eyepatchdudeeyepatchdude Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    makikou wrote: »
    I didnt do it, i dont want to do it, unfortunately everyone else did it. So yeah, gg. Glad to see all the fanboys though.

Okay, if some hypothetical "Everyone" chose to level to 60 from exploiting some foundry quests, then, how exactly does that affect you, and those "Everyones" would be lvl 60 in a class they don't know the mechanics of, with no gear, seems unlikely
  • ralandarralandar Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Isn't the OP being sarcastic to make the point that Foundry farming quests are likely to cause problems... and tbh it does put pressure on people to use the legal exploit if they feel they are being left behind. Personally I have only got as far as 15 to get to the Foundry because I am trying to make quests. But if the top 50 are all farming quests that are up voted by farming players and they have lots of runs as they are used for farming, nothing else will get a look in. This and the economic impact of an unbalanced population on the AD market could seriously impact the game for many non farming players... and the farmers will leave in a month as they have "done" all the content.

TDLR. Farming Foundry quests are potentially a problem for the game and the devs need to do some thinking about their impact.

I mostly agree with you, but you do have to admit that there are a ton of quality Foundry quests sitting at the top of the charts right now. Yes, farmers will up vote the exploit quests, but so far it seems that there are more "players" out there than farmers, and the Foundry quests that deserve to be noted are towards the top. Another way to go about things is to play the Foundry quests featured by Cryptic, and maybe just leave the rest of the garbage to some sort of "trash" listing that has a warning at the top.
  • darkenedeye1fdarkenedeye1f Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well with regards to Foundry quests the best solution would be multiple ratings or descriptive tags rather than a single rating. That way you could search for story quests, farming quests, lore quests, or whatever else the tags were. But the distortion of the AD market is a potential issue for everyone not zipping to maximum level, especially if it causes inflation (I.e. more ADs in the system from high level skirmishes pushing prices for everything up).
  • enderlin50enderlin50 Member Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well with regards to Foundry quests the best solution would be multiple ratings or descriptive tags rather than a single rating. That way you could search for story quests, farming quests, lore quests, or whatever else the tags were. But the distortion of the AD market is a potential issue for everyone not zipping to maximum level, especially if it causes inflation (I.e. more ADs in the system from high level skirmishes pushing prices for everything up).

I posted in another thread that a Cooldown could resolve the issue. People utilize the Farm because you can rinse and repeat. If someone could get a free level every 5min very a free level every 8hr/24hr then it would make a big difference.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mightyqu1nnmightyqu1nn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 61
    edited May 2013
    well there are actually some of us who want to play the game for the fun and experience of it....
    Do not interfere in the affairs of Dragons, for thou art crunchy and taste good with ketchup...
  • elyrielleelyrielle Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    well there are actually some of us who want to play the game for the fun and experience of it....

Yea I'm in that camp. After getting to 60 on my CW I started playing alts - the 'endgame' in these games is either non existant or always the same (run the same dungeons over and over for marginal upgrades to your character's stats - boring). I cannot fathom why someone would rush to the end to do that.
  • a35sea35se Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    One thing that most of you fail to realize is that this game takes LESS than 30 hours played to cap legitimately. A dedicated player could very easily cap in a single weekend. All that the foundry is doing is simply taking an already short game and making it even shorter.

Consider this as sort of a devils advocate, what if someone who has already capped legitimately and has geared a single toon, would have otherwise shelved the game if not for a renewed interest due to access to a new toon without staring down the barrel of a 30 hour grind though content they just played?

Sure, one could say that making an already short game, shorter will just make people leave due to boredom more quickly but honestly, how much quicker? One week, two at best? It's not a world changer, gear is simply too easy to come by at end game to make the game last no matter if it took 1 day or 3 to get there.
  • enderlin50enderlin50 Member Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    a35se wrote: »
    One thing that most of you fail to realize is that this game takes LESS than 30 hours played to cap legitimately. A dedicated player could very easily cap in a single weekend. All that the foundry is doing is simply taking an already short game and making it even shorter.

Consider this as sort of a devils advocate, what if someone who has already capped legitimately and has geared a single toon, would have otherwise shelved the game if not for a renewed interest due to access to a new toon without staring down the barrel of a 30 hour grind though content they just played?

Sure, one could say that making an already short game, shorter will just make people leave due to boredom more quickly but honestly, how much quicker? One week, two at best? It's not a world changer, gear is simply too easy to come by at end game to make the game last no matter if it took 1 day or 3 to get there.

I think from the dev standpoint the way the missions are setup the Ogres(or whatever mob used) can't move due to Traps. If you play a class with a knockback you can legitimize this because once spread they will move around and even jump out of the box. But up to that point it feels much like an exploit
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • waikikamukauwaikikamukau Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same thing happened in CoH using the Architect missions (another Cryptic property that Jack Emmert worked on). Knew it was going to happen here. People can do what they want. It just means some max levels will know how to play their characters and some won't.
  • ravinravin Member Posts: 587 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You know, there is already another thread or 100 on this very topic in this very forum. How about using the search button before posting yet another useless topic on this subject?
    =\/= ================================ =\/=
    Centurion maximus92
    12th Legion, Romulan Republic
    12th Fleet

=\/= ================================ =\/=
  • grekthorangrekthoran Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 68
    edited May 2013
    This is pretty bad. Last night it was tough for me to weed through all these garbage foundry quests, in order to find a good one that I haven't done yet that was made well, and not just made to PL.
  • kukagenkykukagenky Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    stop complaining so much lol just except it !!!!
    neverwinter: PEINEXDEM(warlock)31*----PEINEX(trickster rouge)70
    ethersaga: PEINEXDEM(yaoh conjurer)75*
    http://www.youtube.com/c/ridingwithwolftvv
    I used to be an adventure like you until I took a dagger to the chest
  • l1d3nl1d3n Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 385 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    The cream rises to the top is an old saying and so it will be with foundry quests.
  • deahamletdeahamlet Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 191 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    random1285 wrote: »
    Yeah guys, why don't you put in the effort to save us from ourselves?! What is wrong with you? We simply can't be arsed to progress through the content the way a normal person would so we demand that you fix this right away!

Whatever. One less content locust whining about the lack of content.

LOL So funny.

OP... nobody can save you from yourself. I'm enjoying trying out all the quests and exploring areas and different foundry quests... nobody is forcing me to make bad choices.
  • nmilfordnmilford Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Actually I believe that leveling is a bit too fast. Being a newbie I found myself up to level 10 after one evening of intense playing. Only one foundry quest. I do think I saw somewhere that each level is like 1/2 of a level in D&D.. 30 epic compared to 60. But what do I know I'm a Newbie! :p
  • siskaxxsiskaxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    My thoughts on this is
  • killz2manykillz2many Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 146 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I think you guys are missing the fact that the foundry is something to do at 60. Granted the foundry exploit was annoying, but now there is really no reward for doing them because of some idiots who wanted to skip the game. It's a shame because the Foundry in this game is awesome, I expect to see better and better quests coming out of that thing. Now if all the mmo nerds can rage quit so Neverwinter fans can find others to group with, without all the LFG/WTS/nonsense <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.
    Killz2Many ~ Greatest Weapon Fighter ~ Dragon Shard
    game-of-thrones-dani-burn-deal-with-it.gif
  • hkiewahkiewa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 379 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    killz2many wrote: »
    I think you guys are missing the fact that the foundry is something to do at 60. Granted the foundry exploit was annoying, but now there is really no reward for doing them because of some idiots who wanted to skip the game. It's a shame because the Foundry in this game is awesome, I expect to see better and better quests coming out of that thing. Now if all the mmo nerds can rage quit so Neverwinter fans can find others to group with, without all the LFG/WTS/nonsense <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.

Necro much?
  • labbblabbb Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What you going to do at 60 ? Complain nothing to do ? This game is great , follow the story and see .
  • naztrollnaztroll Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 59
    edited May 2013
    Or you could play it for the content, if your only interested in PLing yourself to 60 then whats the problem ? If your concerned because others are PLing themselves to 60, then why do you care what they do ? It shouldn't affect you in anyway unless you just like to complain for the sake of complaining.
    18.jpg
  • toyeverdaletoyeverdale Member Posts: 91
    edited May 2013
    makikou wrote: »
    I didnt do it, i dont want to do it, unfortunately everyone else did it. So yeah, gg. Glad to see all the fanboys though.

Not everyone does it. Just people who are lazy want to do it. How come what they do affects your enjoyment of the game?
  • edge1986edge1986 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 647 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    killz2many wrote: »

Nice necro!
This discussion has been closed.