test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

5.2.13 - Temporary Open Beta Outage

Comments

• flurdtflurdt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Keep Up the Excellent Work Guys :D You involve your community in the whole process, there are so many Developers out there that could learn from you all. Cryptic has made me into a fan for life :)
  • dopensdopens Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thanks for transparency.

Btw, +1 to the idea of making the foundry offline... the game don't take so much hard drive space so.. what do u think?
  • dagger711dagger711 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    im pretty sure they have a parts area and have them its getting the equipment to the site and installing software...ijs more then likely..
  • girlsgirlsmegirlsgirlsme Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    First off, i know that this is open beta .. and these annoying Player errors happens to all games entering the real world, But that said i can't point of enough that this is the fastest and most honest Dev team ive ever seen. KEEP IT UP.
    I've always thought it would be wise for the game company to inform as much and fast as possible under downtime / errors, to explain WHY the players are sitting waiting and not having a clue to why and when they can get back into to the game.

Good job so far .. and plz plz never forget your fans ;-)
  • guznagerrethguznagerreth Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I would just like to point out to all those complaining about there being no server status indication, ARE YOU BLIND? top left corner of launcher has a server status light, red is down, green is up.
  • sherooksherook Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They have not commented yet on the downtime like nothing is wrong. So I was wondering if the 1 hour maintenance tomorrow was actually maybe suppose to read 13 hours and started on time?

Like I said maybe it was 6PM to 7AM and not 6AM to 7AM?
  • thunderspankerthunderspanker Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 713 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    -2 to taking the foundry offline.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Himmelville - Are you easily frightened?
    Click Here

On one side of the mountain, there were bones...
  • treikutreiku Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I would be so pissed and raging if this game wasn't so AMAZING! I don't care how much people criticize, the game is perfect.
    2na420w.jpg
  • humblesghumblesg Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    they're probably using routers they got for 100 dollars on ebay.
  • xzorax12xzorax12 Member Posts: 3
    edited May 2013
    Hey thats what i use lol
  • purplecannonpurplecannon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I would just like to point out to all those complaining about there being no server status indication, ARE YOU BLIND? top left corner of launcher has a server status light, red is down, green is up.

There are three servers. If one server goes offline does the light turn orange to indicate this or what? Dragon is the server I play on and it went down independently earlier. It would be nice to know the individual server status including population density,
  • krelarkrelar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You mean like the sticky post that is already on the forums?
    sherook wrote: »
    They have not commented yet on the downtime like nothing is wrong. So I was wondering if the 1 hour maintenance tomorrow was actually maybe suppose to read 13 hours and started on time?

If not, I can't believe there hasn't been a sticky posted or something alerting players of the issue and an update after hours of downtime.

• karranorkarranor Member Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    p0rt1r wrote: »

Thanks sorry I missed it. Bleary eyed from a day of coding and just wanted to splode me some baddies. Didn't scour for info first. My bad.

See you in game when it is fixed.
    Main(s): Kyruel Foecrusher OP, Meriki The Mad CW, Mortalis TR, Gorebringer GWF, Karranor HR
    Loads of videos: Neverwinter Video Guides!
    Find Neverwinter Game Guides on DDM's Realm!

The Fyxt RPG combines digital convenience with the fun of a tabletop RPG. Play the Fyxt RPG now for free!

Play Smarter, Not Harder! ~ Karranor
  • amilahanuamilahanu Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013

I'm talkin' about times when not even the launcher will launch.
  • liadanamaethalliadanamaethal Member Posts: 47
    edited May 2013
    Thank you so much for the update, Dez!
  • darthfader67darthfader67 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013

My launcher shows Green, but I'm still unable to login. So, status indicators aren't always right.
  • mattkrueg1mattkrueg1 Member Posts: 46
    edited May 2013
    humblesg wrote: »
    they're probably using routers they got for 100 dollars on ebay.

A router is a router.
    TEMPUS
  • rich12rich12 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This is what happens when your take a few hundred billion dollar loans form china and not pay it back, they cut off your video game time.
  • mrenn3221mrenn3221 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ****...no gateway either! My mailsmith is just sitting there with nothing to do....
  • falson1falson1 Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 135 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    jalhara wrote: »
    That is assuming that it wasnt the entire thing that went down, it is also assuming that the HA/DRS actually works (did they test it before launch?). Hyper-V isn't terrible if your virtualizing a bunch of windows servers, but I prefer VMware or Xen. I would also expect them to be running Linux on the servers (otherwise it would be WAY to costly to run f2p)

Hyper-v does not even have a vmotion or svmotion ability built into it. its done manually or with 3rd party software. it sucks :) xen server is ok.. not great but not bad either its obviously cheaper than VMware however. With VMware you get disaster recovery as well so even if the entire thing went down, you could not have very little outage ( less than 2-3 min). You must also remember that yes this is f2p, but their datacenter runs SEVERAL other games. If it were me, I would but a datacentre license for windows, invest in the Vsphere 5.1 software and the disaster recovery package and convert the entire datacentre, while the upfront cost is high it would save tons in the long run and they would have the most stable mmo on the market.
  • vmpkoavmpkoa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I wonder what percentage of the posts on this are done by people that work for the company? My guess, and it's a pretty educated guess (years of reading forums on WoW and other places) i'd say 99% on the first 20 or so posts, and maybe more after that...

Just some constructive critisizim, if your going to put up fake posts, put in some a-holes here and there to make it seem more real. Please understand I don't like trolls either, it's unfair to let your game get a bad name because some dude wants to look smart by insulting your game.

Anyway, I just bought the founders pack and am loving the game, hope it comes back up soon.
  • malchakmalchak Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Game still isn't working... I count 3 times the devs have said it's fixed. Stop saying it's fixed when it's not.
  • jalharajalhara Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    bcvapor wrote: »
    Well having seen every episode of all Star Trek series, I can honestly say this is Greek to me. However, I would advise they reverse the tachyon pulse through the deflector dish.

Lol. Sorry, I'm a System Admin, so I can just go off on a tangent and expect people to follow.
  • bigfrisbeeqbigfrisbeeq Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ugh. I can tell you that if this happened to me at my job, I'd have a lot of explaining to do. Nice to know that there's no urgency here.
  • amilahanuamilahanu Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sherook wrote: »

hahaha when it went down I was thinkin' the same thing... I was like... did I misread the server downtime for tomorrow or what?
  • darkangel66699darkangel66699 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    10 hours at work waiting to play all day. Come home and servers are down. Have to go to bed in 45 min to be up for work again. :(. Oh well, Just needed to vent. I feel a little better. Off to bed. Suppose there is always tomorrow night. /end rant
  • enigmatatt00enigmatatt00 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    unable to connect to login server..is that part of this issue they are addressing? am i the only one with this issue?
  • ddguns00ddguns00 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sooo...

this really is a beta test?
  • pelarius2046pelarius2046 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 44
    edited May 2013
    Dang, hopefully this is sorted out soon.
    Theohelm, Guardian of the Dalelands.
  • deltas77deltas77 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    server lightis green but cant log in