Install Arc

5.2.13 - Temporary Open Beta Outage

Comments

• gristlelickrgristlelickr Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Please fix GWF :)
  • meggietronmeggietron Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    better build a better cage for that hamster.
  • rich12rich12 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Its not a beta test its a "Gamma test" makes everyone happy.
  • tranceaddicted91tranceaddicted91 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Good job PW. Keep up the good work :D
  • elkysiumelkysium Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This reminds me of when daoc went down cuz of lightning. Had to run to the store literaly and get new hardware cuz they had no backups or extra hardware. You would think a big company running a big MMO would keep some lying around...
    Dragon Shard:
    Dorlin: Level 65 GF/2nd Account: Calias/62
    Elkysium: Level 65 CW/2nd Account: Krystalyn/62
    Artemis: Level 65 TR/2nd Account: Fayne/62
    Zantoth: Level 65 DC/2nd Account: Nemea/62
    Kryndar: Level 65 HR/2nd Account: Lilith/62
    Goreb: Level 65 GWF/2nd Account: Tysha/62
    Bamidor: Level 65 OP/2nd Account: Valindra/62
  • humblesghumblesg Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Stop using hardware you get for 12 dollars off craigslist.
  • pivovarnapivovarna Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    pivovarna wrote: »
    Just woke up, slept 7 hours.
    Time to play the game!
    Life is good!!!
    It is a beautiful day
    Good morning to everyone

WHAT?!? Server...
    It is an ugly rainy day...

;)
  • jalharajalhara Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well if they used VMware HA/DRS would keep the servers running 100% even during a hardware outage. the VM's would be moved to a active working server with no outage to the users at all. I doubt they use any virtualization at all right now or they use that <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> Microsoft puts out called hyper-v..useless product in a production environment.
    That is assuming that it wasnt the entire thing that went down, it is also assuming that the HA/DRS actually works (did they test it before launch?). Hyper-V isn't terrible if your virtualizing a bunch of windows servers, but I prefer VMware or Xen. I would also expect them to be running Linux on the servers (otherwise it would be WAY to costly to run f2p)
  • tabbeene1371tabbeene1371 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    it's not you, the devs are working on it right now 8-)
  • overfattenoverfatten Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    wow the queue Is going to be large when this bad boy is back on the air ! Keep the tweets coming with updates, Time to go eat :)
  • nephtnepht Member Posts: 5,826 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Perfect World can you stop being control freaks and glory hogs and let the actual CRYPTIC devs talk to their playerbase again. We would have freaked out less during the last few hours if it was like the good old days :I
  • eve4evereve4ever Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    you could patch the latest update as you on it already. instead of taking servers down again in a few hours
  • fearthehydrasfearthehydras Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thanks for the updates! Keep up the good work, guys. Problems happen, I'm more concerned with how you deal with them: head on and honestly. ^_^

Although I would be lying if I said I wasn't curious about a rough ETA. xD

In an ideal world [edited to remove pun], they could give us an ETA. Unfortunately, imagine if they told us it would be 2 hours. If the initial complaints of "OMG 2HR REALLYWTF!!!?" weren't bad enough, imagine the unholy #*%!storm that would ensue at about 2 hours and 15 seconds...
  • amagneticturtleamagneticturtle Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    rich122 wrote: »
    Its not a beta test its a "Gamma test" makes everyone happy.

So... what are the odds my halfling will get hulk powers?
  • wanderer247wanderer247 Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    **** skibidy doo ba doo
    edited May 2013
    Just hit it a few times till it starts smoking then throw water on it works like a charm every time.
  • mattkrueg1mattkrueg1 Member Posts: 46
    edited May 2013
    It's beta, things will go wrong. I'm just glad that PW is being open about the issues.
    TEMPUS
  • ravenhearted585ravenhearted585 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Darn, was just about to get on too :<
  • l1d3nl1d3n Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 385 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Thanks for the info. No game is perfect but you guys should be pretty proud of it because it's addicting to play and can only get better. Keep up the good work.
  • evervigilantevervigilant Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just be sure next time you inform us quicker because it more than an hour to see a tweet.
  • wanderer247wanderer247 Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    eve4ever wrote: »
    you could patch the latest update as you on it already. instead of taking servers down again in a few hours

I agree with this post
  • jalharajalhara Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    elkysium wrote: »
    This reminds me of when daoc went down cuz of lightning. Had to run to the store literaly and get new hardware cuz they had no backups or extra hardware. You would think a big company running a big MMO would keep some lying around...

Nah, you usually don't keep extra hardware laying around. I dunno about you buy having $12,000 routers or $20,000 blade servers just sitting doing nothing doesn't sound like a productive use of money.
  • uideanuidean Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Now what am I going to do with this big bag of cheezies and my 2 liters of pop?? I'm not built for real life!
  • dagger711dagger711 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    theres hella people in other thread for launcher fix........they heard the news from twitter first..on anther note im looking forward and understand they are trying there best.looking forward to more updates :)
  • tanthotantho Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well if they used VMware HA/DRS would keep the servers running 100% even during a hardware outage. the VM's would be moved to a active working server with no outage to the users at all. I doubt they use any virtualization at all right now or they use that <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> Microsoft puts out called hyper-v..useless product in a production environment.
    jalhara wrote: »
    That is assuming that it wasnt the entire thing that went down, it is also assuming that the HA/DRS actually works (did they test it before launch?). Hyper-V isn't terrible if your virtualizing a bunch of windows servers, but I prefer VMware or Xen. I would also expect them to be running Linux on the servers (otherwise it would be WAY to costly to run f2p)

All I hear here is Charlie Brown's Teacher speaking.
  • peter321123peter321123 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Would have been great to see updates for the german players too and not just on the english Twitter site.

Please do so the next time something happens... give updates to everyone, thank you.
  • sancansancan Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So happy you guys actually post stuff like this, updates are awesome!

From what I've experienced in the beta thus far, this game is fantastic. The cash shop items are a bit pricey, so I probably won't be able to afford to spend much if anything on the game for quite some time, but I tell you what the game play is fun enough that I'm definitely going to contribute something when I can!
    Don't worry about the prices. I'm sure they're gonna be more balanced in the future once everything is more stable.~
    Yay! Can't wait for O.B!

Server: Doombog

Realm: A realm that will be PVE. :p I'm peaceful mostly.

Character name: Starlove.

Faction: Skysong.

Level: 27

Guild/Alliance: Will probably not join one. :p
  • bcvaporbcvapor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 285 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    jalhara wrote: »

Well having seen every episode of all Star Trek series, I can honestly say this is Greek to me. However, I would advise they reverse the tachyon pulse through the deflector dish.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2013
    So... what are the odds my halfling will get hulk powers?

wont that make your halfling a leprechaun then?
  • darthfader67darthfader67 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    We all can appreciate the communication. However, I think you were a bit premature. Still unable to get anywhere. Don't give a green light when RED is still shining.
    Loving the game, though. So I'll continue to wait.................impatiently.